• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
Zipzo stated:

Gold/yellow backwards (Gold's hat)
Hat with shades (Callem)
Fighter headband

I've also heard the remaining alt is the party hat returning. Who cares about that when I have Gold's hat, though?
Party Hat and Goggles will be my main alts tbh

Hat & shades and Gold's hat being secondary alts (lol at me talking as if alts are like characters or something)

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
I'm sad that Lucina wasn't playable in this demo. I wanted to find out her differences from Marth, her alts (We know 2 out of 8, one is default, the other is Masked Marth), and wanted more gameplay of her.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I want this as a Robin alt. DLC anyone???
Unfortunately, that's unlikely. Reason: They'd have to make two clones of Robin for the other two character builds. Obviously, this is not gonna be a thing.

I'm sad that Lucina wasn't playable in this demo. I wanted to find out her differences from Marth, her alts (We know 2 out of 8, one is default, the other is Masked Marth), and wanted more gameplay of her.
Actually, her mask is a taunt, not one of her costumes/alt colours.

RADSheikah

Smash Apprentice
Hey can we get a post compiling ALL of the alt colors and costumes. Mainly so we don't have different sources conflicting with each other about what colors are in, and what isn't.

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
No, not as clones as alt. costumes.
The reason Lucina is her own character disproves how they could be alts. Even one small tweak from one character to another would mean a new slot is in order. Different builds for Robin=not in game or extra slots.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
No, not as clones as alt. costumes.
As I said, you'd need two other roster slots for Robin's different builds (old man/lady Robin and little kid Robin), since they're different heights/widths and thus have different hurtbox sizes. And with smaller/bigger hurtboxes would likely have to come different weights and different ranges on their standard attacks (weapon models in Fire Emblem Awakening scale to the character model, and in any case they'd have longer/shorter arms that would change either their animations — which would affect hurtbox placement — or their reach), and then probably different attack speeds, damage output, launch power, and other stats. And before long, you've got characters with significantly differing playstyles despite using very similar movesets.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
As I said, you'd need two other roster slots for Robin's different builds (old man/lady Robin and little kid Robin), since they're different heights/widths and thus have different hurtbox sizes. And with smaller/bigger hurtboxes would likely have to come different weights and different ranges on their standard attacks (weapon models in Fire Emblem Awakening scale to the character model, and in any case they'd have longer/shorter arms that would change either their animations — which would affect hurtbox placement — or their reach), and then probably different attack speeds, damage output, launch power, and other stats. And before long, you've got characters with significantly differing playstyles despite using very similar movesets.
That is what I wanted!

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Unfortunately, that's unlikely. Reason: They'd have to make two clones of Robin for the other two character builds. Obviously, this is not gonna be a thing.

Actually, her mask is a taunt, not one of her costumes/alt colours.
It must be an alt since Sakurai stated we could begin the match with it on or take it off/put it on with a taunt.

Luis1234554321

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luis-Dui
3DS FC
0259-0603-2596
No costume or model changes; the hair changes color for either gender, and the robes change tint to match.
I read in reedit than robin has a blue alt, my question is what is the color of robin's hair in blue alt? And green

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
If one of Robin's hair colors is blue, does that mean all the Fire Emblem playable characters can be blue haired swordsmen? :O

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
People aready complain enough about regular clones. A clone that is literally the same character would not go over well.
I agree, clones are........just clones. But I think it depends your thought of clones.

Zaku

Smash Cadet
It means clones are not actually that bad, it is just what we thought. Maybe Sakurai has his own mind on clones.
Clones aren't that bad, yes, but a clone of a character that is literally the same character is bad.

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
@ mario123007 mario123007 I think what Zaku means is it's better to have a clone in a scenario like Captain Falcon/Ganondorf than a clone in a Scenario like Pit/Dark Pit.

Zaku

Smash Cadet
@ mario123007 mario123007 I think what Zaku means is it's better to have a clone in a scenario like Captain Falcon/Ganondorf than a clone in a Scenario like Pit/Dark Pit.
No, I'm saying it's better to have clones like Link/Toon Link than Robin/ Bigger Robin.

Kamikam70

Smash Cadet
Clones aren't that bad, yes, but a clone of a character that is literally the same character is bad.
I agree, as much as I love Robin, even I wouldn't like 3 times the same character. (Because, as you said, there's no way to put his youngers and older selves as alternate costumes)
Anyway, I also think that Alph is great as an alternative costume. For those saying that he's as worthy of a slot as Lucina, Dark Pit, or Dr Mario, I disagree :
-Lucina : extremely popular (especially in Japan), different sword style than Marth (so almost a whole new character, since the sword is the main point of Marth)
-Dark Pit : uses a lot of different weapons than Pit, so he probably won't even be a moveset clone
-Dr Mario : not a moveset clone of Mario at all, now, and he might even have gotten some new moves
However, Alph is using Pikmins the exact same way as Olimar in the game. Also, he's not nearly as popular as these 3. So, I think it's all nice the way it is.
(Also I love Lucina.~)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I agree, as much as I love Robin, even I wouldn't like 3 times the same character. (Because, as you said, there's no way to put his youngers and older selves as alternate costumes)
Anyway, I also think that Alph is great as an alternative costume. For those saying that he's as worthy of a slot as Lucina, Dark Pit, or Dr Mario, I disagree :
-Lucina : extremely popular (especially in Japan), different sword style than Marth (so almost a whole new character, since the sword is the main point of Marth)
-Dark Pit : uses a lot of different weapons than Pit, so he probably won't even be a moveset clone
-Dr Mario : not a moveset clone of Mario at all, now, and he might even have gotten some new moves
However, Alph is using Pikmins the exact same way as Olimar in the game. Also, he's not nearly as popular as these 3. So, I think it's all nice the way it is.
(Also I love Lucina.~)
Lucina is supposed to have a different sword style than Marth, yet she gets turned into a clone of him. I think they could have at least given her Aether instead of Dolphin Slash.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yes, I agree. Like Dr.Mario.
Don't worry, I know what you mean.

Kamikam70

Smash Cadet
Lucina is supposed to have a different sword style than Marth, yet she gets turned into a clone of him. I think they could have at least given her Aether instead of Dolphin Slash.
I agree that they could have given her a more unique moveset. I'm still glad she's here, so I won't complain too much. ^^

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
Well, you can test combo potential for some moves if your opponent is competent. For example, I'm really curious about the legitimacy of the Mario combo seen in the Japanese Features Trailer. (Jab x2 > Jab x2 > up-angled FTilt. Performed on Bowser at upwards of 100%.) I'm also curious about Mario's Jab x3 > short hop > FAir, performed on a CPU Bowser at around 75% and resulting in a KO. (This was from VGBC's Mario moveset video, using the E3/SDCC demo. And actually, it wasn't the full jab combo that hit. Bowser landed on Mario's third jab partway through the animation.)
They're all FFA matches. It's really hard to test competitive stuff. I didn't get to do any cool Rosaluma stuff myself because there was too much **** going on. We also can't know if the opponent was able to escape since many common players don't react immediately after being hit. This just aint the place to learn about combos and stuff. We CAN probably learn how much knockback things like the Knee have though.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Just about all information posted by Zipzo is available in the first two posts in the stickied "AMA" thread. As the event is now over it seems a bit superfluous that there are two threads; due to the other being stickied and also being more conclusive I'll keep that one opened up for now and say goodbye to this one~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom