• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I stand corrected then. I personally don't care either way.

Yea, but does that actually make sense though? With Lucina, her fighting style is not exactly the same as Marth (in fact, in cutscenes, it is pretty different), so it akes since that she plays diffeently (in all honesty, she shouldn't be a clone at all).

Dr. Mario, being from an entire different game genre than his counterpart, makes sense to have different moves. (only slightly though)

Dark Pit uses entirely different weapons than Pit at default.

Ect.

I've never played Pikmin, but is there an actual significant character difference between Olimar and Alph that deserves making him a clone?
Only slight differences, a different ship, engineering expertise, he is shorter and younger than Olimar, he could use Rock Pikmin. You could also argue he has less experience with Pikmin. He's in basically the same boat as Lucina.

Zaku

Smash Cadet
According to Zipzo, he was saying a lot of things that were false about the demo of the game like how you couldn't turn off items or how single player modes were locked. I also checked his Twitter a little bit ago and he admitted he wasn't at the event but was getting information from someone else, and now he's saying he has gameplay footage but won't release it because it has a lot of "unannounced stuff" in it. I don't really know what to think of him now. https://twitter.com/WeinhofferBen/with_replies
"Don't worry guys, I'll protect you from the information that you all want!"

Last edited:

Spikeez

Smash Cadet
According to Zipzo, he was saying a lot of things that were false about the demo of the game like how you couldn't turn off items or how single player modes were locked. I also checked his Twitter a little bit ago and he admitted he wasn't at the event but was getting information from someone else, and now he's saying he has gameplay footage but won't release it because it has a lot of "unannounced stuff" in it. I don't really know what to think of him now.
Honestly, I'm not believing on Ben after he said that he was getting information from someone else.

IMO, he may be lying.

Last edited:

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
Some guy said on Neogaf that the Blood Falcon alt was more or less the same than in Brawl. I can't find the post, though.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Zipzo's lying?
Not him, this Ben guy.

Zipzo has proof for some of his claims and his wife can testify to some things if we need a second witness. Plus there are some users on here that were at the event and he did go with a group so...

Zaku

Smash Cadet
Jesus, are colors the only thing people really care about?
I can kind of understand why they are so important to people. I don't think I ever use the defualt colors for any character, so I am quite interested in the alt colors and costumes (although I'm not the one asking the questions).

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
I would post a spongebob rainbow meme picture or something for all this color jabber, but I refrain, I don't want spongebob rainbow memes in this thread

RockTheCasbah

Smash Rookie
All of the gameplay stuff sounds amazing and that's the most important, but we've been getting a lot of that. I was just asking a question about colors because my stream froze when Zipzo was answering a question about colors that I was curious about and nobody in the chat answered it when I asked what he had said so I asked if anyone here knew instead of trying to pester him.

Last edited:

Zuliez

Smash Rookie
I heard something about someone figuring out who the remaining characters were.... Anyone know anything about this?

Zaku

Smash Cadet
I would post a spongebob rainbow meme picture or something for all this color jabber, but I refrain, I don't want spongebob rainbow memes in this thread

There you go buddy

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I imagine in 5 days people will begin scouring the game's source code to find out any character data they can.

I can kind of understand why they are so important to people. I don't think I ever use the defualt colors for any character, so I am quite interested in the alt colors and costumes (although I'm not the one asking the questions).
I feel the same way, as I color counter-pick with my characters, but this is something you can literally find out just by spending a few minutes on the menu. Personally, I think it's more beneficial to ask questions about things in the game we don't know about or can't be found out by just looking.

50,000 people asked for the colors of the same characters, but no one has even asked what's Captain Falcon's rapid jab finisher.

Zaku

Smash Cadet
I feel the same way, as I color counter-pick with my characters, but this is something you can literally find out just by spending a few minutes on the menu. Personally, I think it's more beneficial to ask questions about things in the game we don't know about or can't be found out by just looking.

50,000 people asked for the colors of the same characters, but no one has even asked what's Captain Falcon's rapid jab finisher.
You can figure out Captain Falcon's rapid jab finisher almost as quickly as finding out colors once the game comes out, but the fact is that the game isn't out, and we have no way to figure out anything without asking the people at this event.

You can figure out Captain Falcon's rapid jab finisher almost as quickly as finding out colors once the game comes out, but the fact is that the game isn't out, and we have no way to figure out anything without asking the people at this event.

I know that. But the issue is that people are asking either the same question or asking loaded and / or vague questions that no one will know.

When I played the 3DS demo last week I took the time to analyze things properly and in as an effective way possible. Picked a character, scrolled through all of the colors, picked a stage, tried every single move in the sandbag room atleast once, then played the match out. Of course there were time constraints, but I made the best of it so that if there was any character specific thing that someone could ask, I could answer it.

D

Deleted member 245254

I know that. But the issue is that people are asking either the same question or asking loaded and / or vague questions that no one will know.

When I played the 3DS demo last week I took the time to analyze things properly and in as an effective way possible. Picked a character, scrolled through all of the colors, picked a stage, tried every single move in the sandbag room atleast once, then played the match out. Of course there were time constraints, but I made the best of it so that if there was any character specific thing that someone could ask, I could answer it.
Honestly, the problem is I can't remember everything. I'm perfectly willing to accept my memory could be terrible but, I pick my character, go through all the colors, pick my opponent, all their colors, start the match, do every move input, test damage and landing lag on certain aerials or mechanics of certain moves.

2nd match. Do it all again.

MUCH of that falls out of your brain once you hit the back of the line, and then you have to focus on OTHER information the next time around. It's really chaotic to your mind.

It's not inaccurate to say that it sort of made the experience way more stressful.

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
Ben Weinhoffer confessed on twitter that he was not at one of the Smash events going on in Japan. It was just someone relaying information to him and we don't know if his source is all too familiar with smash mechanics or not.

Last edited:

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
That's the only 100% accurate info we can get compared to the "how good is X character?" since that kind of stuff only is accurate after we give 'em tournament test drives. We know all of the new moves by now so there's not much left to ask.

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, the problem is I can't remember everything. I'm perfectly willing to accept my memory could be terrible but, I pick my character, go through all the colors, pick my opponent, all their colors, start the match, do every move input, test damage and landing lag on certain aerials or mechanics of certain moves.

MUCH of that falls out of your brain once you hit the back of the line, and then you have to focus on OTHER information the next time around. It's really chaotic to your mind.

It's not inaccurate to say that it sort of made the experience way more stressful.
Well you gave us much information on gameplay and whatnot. Remembering everything is hard. We just have to wait know. If we could wait a year for this game, we can wait for 6 more days.

LittleMacAndCheese

Smash Rookie
NNID
sonicj
3DS FC
4124-6305-9419
Just enjoy the event and when you're done you can say anything you remember... the Japanese release is less than a week... everything will cone out then but I wouldn't want my experience to be ruined playing smash

I totally get that. Hell, it took me three hours just to get to the demo to play. Unless you're M2K, cataloguing that information can be a hassle, especially since you have other priorities. I just find it an unproductive use of time and space to ask a question that someone has already answered, and instead of backtracking for the information, they pester.

Personally, I just do something once so that I can know what it looks like. Applications can be found at another time, or if I just happen to enjoy the character so much I'm willing to do so again.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Nice to see this thread has been unlocked...
Anyway:
image.jpg
So, I see that when you use one of Olimar's Alph alt costumes it also shows Alph's name. Does this also mean the Alph alt also has a different background chant and/or victory pose name?

Zaku

Smash Cadet
Ben Weinhoffer confessed on twitter that he was not at one of the Smash events going on in Japan. It was just someone relaying information to him and we don't know if his source is all too familiar with smash mechanics or not.
You...I like your avatar.

On topic, has there been any extensive info on Toon Link?

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
That's the only 100% accurate info we can get compared to the "how good is X character?" since that kind of stuff only is accurate after we give 'em tournament test drives. We know all of the new moves by now so there's not much left to ask.
Well, you can test combo potential for some moves if your opponent is competent. For example, I'm really curious about the legitimacy of the Mario combo seen in the Japanese Features Trailer. (Jab x2 > Jab x2 > up-angled FTilt. Performed on Bowser at upwards of 100%.) I'm also curious about Mario's Jab x3 > short hop > FAir, performed on a CPU Bowser at around 75% and resulting in a KO. (This was from VGBC's Mario moveset video, using the E3/SDCC demo. And actually, it wasn't the full jab combo that hit. Bowser landed on Mario's third jab partway through the animation.)

Nice to see this thread has been unlocked...
Anyway:
View attachment 24349
So, I see that when you use one of Olimar's Alph alt costumes it also shows Alph's name. Does this also mean the Alph alt also has a different background chant and/or victory pose name?
It's confirmed that the announcer says "Pikmin & Alph" on the victory screen. Presumably this could be replicated on character select by hovering the player token over Olimar, changing the costume to Alph, and then selecting him.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
It's confirmed that the announcer says "Pikmin & Alph" on the victory screen. Presumably this could be replicated on character select by hovering the player token over Olimar, changing the costume to Alph, and then selecting him.
As for the background chant, do we know anything about that?

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
Could you pls tell me what Pika's alts are? I really wanna know xD

Last edited:

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Since we know Ben wasn't actually at the convention but he recently tweeted he got the info for a month, he's now a leaker right?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Could you pls tell me what Pika's alts are? I really wanna know xD
Zipzo stated:

Black/yellow backwards (Gold's hat)
Hat with shades (Callem)
Fighter headband

I've also heard the remaining alt is the party hat returning. Who cares about that when I have Gold's hat, though?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom