• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Am I the only one that would actually be HAPPY at Bowser Jr's inclusion if he had Koopalings as the rest of his alt.costumes? :)

(Not that I'm angry/sad at his inclusion. I don't really care that much about him, with a slight inclination towards glad of him having a pretty unique moveset).

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Guys couldn't Alph have gotten Rock Pikmin to replace Purple Pikmin and have that be a cause for him to take his own slot? That's a way better reason than: "lol no tipper"
Ahaha it is but it's more than the tipper, it's her seemingly superior air game and quicker movements as well as height difference (like Roy in Melee)
(I just like rock pikmin what can I say)

Last edited:

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I don't see how that's better. All you are doing there is changing the look of one Pikmin.
You could say the same for the other clones, Lucina is just having no gimmick, Dr. Mario is just a couple of moves, and Dark Pit we don't know yet. Sakurai could probably add some changes to stats and stuff like other clones. Especially considering the lack of Rock Pikmin in Olimar's moveset

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I don't see how that's better. All you are doing there is changing the look of one Pikmin.
You would have to possibly change the physics as well. Rock pikmin could be slower than purple pikmin and hit harder.

Zaku

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one that would actually be HAPPY at Bowser Jr's inclusion if he had Koopalings as the rest of his alt.costumes? :)
I've yet to see anybody who is mad about it.

You could say the same for the other clones, Lucina is just having no gimmick, Dr. Mario is just a couple of moves, and Dark Pit we don't know yet. Sakurai could probably add some changes to stats and stuff like other clones. Especially considering the lack of Rock Pikmin in Olimar's moveset
Well yea, I'm just saying that changing one thing about Olimar isn't any better than what's been done with the other clones. In fact, it's much worse imo. At least with other clones, the changes made to them creates a completely different playstyle than the character that they based off of.

Last edited:

HotelWaffle

Smash Apprentice
I like Bowser Jr but I dislike having the kooplings as alts. Unless they all get all alt colors. Otherwise only one person can play as jr at a time.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Dr Mario probably still has the tornado as his down b and Mario's old down air
DPit seems like he has a staff so maybe he'll be a little different? I can see him inheriting Brawl Pit's moveset minus the ability to spam side b "HEAYAYAYAYAAA"
I don't think this is the place to talk about these characters though, just anything that pertains to what Zipzo saw
You can PM me for a convo if you'd like!

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I've yet to see anybody who is mad about it.

Well yea, I'm just saying that changing one thing about Olimar isn't any better than what's been done with the other clones. In fact, it's much worse imo. At least with other clones, the changes made to them creates a completely different playstyle than the character that they based off of.
You could make Alph be better in the air, have different physics, be a little heavier or lighter. Basically what I'm trying to say is that Alph as a clone is possible and probably almost happened as well.

Zaku

Smash Cadet
I like Bowser Jr but I dislike having the kooplings as alts. Unless they all get all alt colors. Otherwise only one person can play as jr at a time.
I don't like them. I liked them in SMB 3 and SM World. But they are overused in recent Mario games. And don't get me started on Mario Kart 8. So yeah, I would be happy without them...
I stand corrected then. I personally don't care either way.

You could make Alph be better in the air, have different physics, be a little heavier or lighter. Basically what I'm trying to say is that Alph as a clone is possible and probably almost happened as well.
Yea, but does that actually make sense though? With Lucina, her fighting style is not exactly the same as Marth (in fact, in cutscenes, it is pretty different), so it akes since that she plays diffeently (in all honesty, she shouldn't be a clone at all).

Dr. Mario, being from an entire different game genre than his counterpart, makes sense to have different moves. (only slightly though)

Dark Pit uses entirely different weapons than Pit at default.

Ect.

I've never played Pikmin, but is there an actual significant character difference between Olimar and Alph that deserves making him a clone?

Last edited:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Remember in team battles when two people would choose the same character? One would be the original and the other would be a darker or lighter version of said character? It could work like that.

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
"Taco kick" - Zipzo

Legendary name for Peach's f-tilt

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Well, I just read from page 42 to this page. Its been an hour, but I managed. Im just glad that Alph is confirmed for alt costume, and Fierce Deity Link looks better than I thought.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Before everyone starts being stupid again, YES, there is a Viridi colour scheme for Palutena. (Confirmed by someone on Reddit.) But it's just a colour scheme, not a full alt like Alph for Olimar.

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
Pretty sure Viridi is shorter than Palutena. Just tossing that out there,
I'm p sure Palutena has AT LEAST 2 feet on Viridi, she's very child-like, Viridi palette makes sense tho

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Pretty sure Viridi is shorter than Palutena. Just tossing that out there,
That was my point. It's just a colour scheme, not a full alt costume. That is, it's Palutena with Viridi's colours. Like purple/red/green, possibly with blonde hair as well.

Edit: Confirmed that Palutena's hair colour does not change with any of her alts.

Double edit:

Any news on the Zard's colors? Do we know them all yet?
Normal, blue, darker red, purple, and I'm uncertain about others. Heard a rumour about a greyish one though.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
That was my point. It's just a colour scheme, not a full alt costume. That is, it's Palutena with Viridi's colours. Like purple/red/green, possibly with blonde hair as well.

Edit: Confirmed that Palutena's hair colour does not change with any of her alts.

Double edit:

Normal, blue, darker red, purple, and I'm uncertain about others. Heard a rumour about a greyish one though.
Aw, I bet blue Zard is gonna be sexy.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Crap I just heard about the Ben news, and here I was so excited that Yoshi was going to get his chance in the spotlight. Sigh.

Zaku

Smash Cadet
I'm personally glad the Ben news has a lot less validatiy now, because he said Toon Link was nerfed in speed and power.

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
He never once said the color of Pac-Mans gloves and boot alts. Sigh.

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
Ben news was ehh news anyway

Does anyone know for Shulk's neutral-B if you have to keep pressing B to cycle through the arts or hold it in?

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895

Double edit:

I believe the grayish one was shown in the videos we were supplied. If I get it, I'll post them.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice

Does anyone know for Shulk's neutral-B if you have to keep pressing B to cycle through the arts or hold it in?
Keep pressing. Once you reach the one you want, stop pressing to select.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace

I think he really was there, just super inaccurate with the updates and pretty biased. He was the first to say that the customizations were on the CSS. He is also a reliable source of D1's, a well known Smash commentator.

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
What happened with the Ben news? And what all did he say, I can't quite remember.
According to Zipzo, he was saying a lot of things that were false about the demo of the game like how you couldn't turn off items or how single player modes were locked. I also checked his Twitter a little bit ago and he admitted he wasn't at the event but was getting information from someone else, and now he's saying he has gameplay footage but won't release it because it has a lot of "unannounced stuff" in it. I don't really know what to think of him now. https://twitter.com/WeinhofferBen/with_replies

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
According to Zipzo, he was saying a lot of things that were false about the demo of the game like how you couldn't turn off items or how single player modes were locked. I also checked his Twitter a little bit ago and he admitted he wasn't at the event but was getting information from someone else, and now he's saying he has gameplay footage but won't release it because it has a lot of "unannounced stuff" in it. I don't really know what to think of him now. https://twitter.com/WeinhofferBen/with_replies
I know exactly what to think

NNID
Majorasmask66
He's so full of ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom