• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
Dunno bout you guys but I'm honestly pretty chuffed that a character who stayed top 10 for 13 years is finally getting the nerfs he deserves. Marth'll still be viable, just nowhere near as brainless as he was before, and you're seriously jumping the gun if you're even implying anything about the game's tiers before it's even out. You people *****ing about Marth's changes should rest assured that you'll never have it as bad as Melee Kirby

To not make this post totally inflammatory these alts/palettes sound SO GOOD. Fierce Deity Link, shiny Charizard (but not Luca ;c), Wolf style Fox, Viridi Palutena, Black Yoshi... Sakurai went all-out on some of these colours, I'll say that much! Also very much reassured about Robin's apparent badassery too, as he was the newcomer whose viability I was most worried about, s/he's really shaping up to be a really unique and powerful threat! Honestly can't thank you enough for your time, dedication and documentation!

D

Deleted member 245254

Just to let you all know information is not necessarily slowed. I am starting up my AMA soon on Reddit and I will answer all the little questions. T-minus 45 minutes or so.

Also, peach has a fire red and full black dress.

Senario

Smash Ace
Warning Received
Zipzo for mod please.
Have you seen how he insults people? This would be a very bad decision. Regardless of providing info about the game we would've likely found all over this weekend.

Interesting info. Still don't like Zipzo for being a jerk on smashboards.

D

Deleted member 245254

Sounds more like a reference to Wolf's appearance in Melee than a straight disconfirmation, but we'll see what happens.
I agree. A naked meta knight skin for Kirby sort of means it's still possible.

Hukuzo

Smash Rookie
My brother played Marth and used it on my Toon Link in the middle of Rainbow Road and it KO'd me at I think 78%.

That is a very useful strength that was added. I will say that. I fear for what Ike's counter's strength is like though... *shivers*
There's a video where MegaMan at 55% throws a barrel at Marth, he counters, and kills MegaMan. Marth in general seems to be more strength-oriented which is weird, but we'll see how that turns out.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
What's the deal with the balancing these games? Marth is getting the Captain Falcon treatment from Brawl. Know what they have in common. They are both solid characters who didn't rely on gimmicky crap (besides a few risky character specific things)to succeed. There abilities were completely dependent on the player and his/her creativity. No laser camping, no illusioning across the stage, no absurd jab locks, no shine spikes and no smash spam. Just good clean fighting.

Why are they nerfing honest characters?
To be fair, Bowser has been really buffed, and if there's one character who has to earn his wins the honest way, it's Bowser. It really does cut both ways; there's not a plan working against Marth so much as Marth is probably just unlucky (important note: we still haven't seen a lot in this game, including custom move variations, and Marth has several buffs to things that were bad in Melee and Brawl that may be useful in the long run).

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Those Marth Nerfs look really bad but with the buffed counter gets some sense, in previous games Marth was a fast tipper with strategies based on spacing, now he looks like a close combat fighter; that shorter range will cause less distance between Marth and the opponent and that will increase the opportunites of using Counter.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Just to let you all know information is not necessarily slowed. I am starting up my AMA soon on Reddit and I will answer all the little questions. T-minus 45 minutes or so.

Also, peach has a fire red and full black dress.
That's great! Looks like @im just peachy deserves accolades for translating the tweets about Peach's alternate colors.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
ROB's style in Brawl revolves around camping, a set style that goes against what Smash 4 is based around. Smash 4 is intended to be more "action packed" and projectiles seemed to have been nerfed. The removal of most long range projectiles likely means ROB will similarly change.

Naturally adjusting that camping style to where ROB still relies on projectiles in close range is what would thus need to happen at the very least.

Similar things happened with Pit it seems, and they were for the better. I am hoping ROB ends up looking a lot like how Pit looks, because I think Pit in Smash 4 looks incredible.
Naturally he has a "campy" play-style in some match ups because why take a risk to get a hit when you have the potential to obtain a bit of free damage? I swear this is the one thing I don't like about the general smash community, referring any projectile-based game play as campy and therefore wrong. News flash, not every character should have a play style similar to that of a rush down in other fighters. There is a thing called variety, you know. It's not even like his camping was super strong like Falco's, or even Zero suits to an extent. It just was a bit better than some of the mid tier cast. Or what, should we just make it so eventually no one has a decent projectile and make everyone super fast, in-your-face fighters?

The main nerf to projectiles in Smash 4 seems to stem from the landing canceling that would happen to other characters moves (Samus Missiles, Link arrows). Rob didn't really do this because his animation never cancelled like that in the first place. The only likely zoning nerf he'd really have is a loss of movement from glide tossing not being in the game.

Granted with the new iteration there will be change to his play style, and until we see what it is it's completely up in the air what it could turn out as, but to refer to a fully functioning move set as flawed just because you don't like the idea of a "projectile centered" game plan, or zoning as others would call it, is rather disrespectful and if I say so ignorant.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Have you seen how he insults people? This would be a very bad decision. Regardless of providing info about the game we would've likely found all over this weekend.

Interesting info. Still don't like Zipzo for being a jerk on smashboards.
who is Zipzo?

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I agree that it's probably time for new champions to reign. MK, Marth, Fox, and Falco all had their day. Time to give the strength to a new group.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
About the piece of information Zipzo stated about the Knee. Someone created a gif of the landing lag it has.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I don't have a reddit account, and I'm going to bed, so when the AMA starts could somebody please ask for a full Palutena moveset description? I think we're still missing... her D-Air and U-tilt, to be specific

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Naturally he has a "campy" play-style in some match ups because why take a risk to get a hit when you have the potential to obtain a bit of free damage? I swear this is the one thing I don't like about the general smash community, referring any projectile-based game play as campy and therefore wrong. News flash, not every character should have a play style similar to that of a rush down in other fighters. There is a thing called variety, you know. It's not even like his camping was super strong like Falco's, or even Zero suits to an extent. It just was a bit better than some of the mid tier cast. Or what, should we just make it so eventually no one has a decent projectile and make everyone super fast, in-your-face fighters?
Let me quote myself.
Naturally adjusting that camping style to where ROB still relies on projectiles in close range is what would thus need to happen at the very least.
I mentioned projectiles, and I mentioned closed range. What I described was kinda sorta zoning and smart defensive play that isn't camping per say.

It'd be like you're "boxed in" to use a projectile (like a more normal fighting game like Street Fighter where you're in a more limited place of battle), but unlike that you can weave in and out for offensive and defensive purposes.

What I'm getting at is ROB can't spam from like the other side of a mid-large stage anymore. He'll have to be within about 5 character lengths to be most effective, and he'll have to space well, too.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I'll ask here because I cba to make a Reddit account.

Can you confirm if Peach's double jump has been brought back to its former glory, or is it still short like Brawl? @Zipzo

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
I guess that means i have to be more careful with falcons knee

Last edited:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
About the piece of information Zipzo stated about the Knee. Someone created a gif of the landing lag it has.

If this is accurate then all I gotta say is...

...I don't know how, but the Smash 4 developers seemingly have made one of the worst attacks for one of the worst characters in Brawl even worse.

I now fear we'll have another Smash 64 Pikachu. *shivers*

MASTERLINKX

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
NNID
MASTERLINKX

Damn, I can actually feel the pain waiting for it to end.
Pretty much a good representation of how the wait will feel like during an actual match.

stitch_face

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty interested in more info on how pacman plays, besides being slow and quirky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom