• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

stitch_face

Smash Rookie
Brood, one of the top players for Brawl in Japan, is an Olimar main. He played him at the event and stated the following:

"Olimar is included in the game. To my surprise, there is another character for him, properly named 'Pikmin & Alph'." (on Twitter)
Hmmm. Changing the names of characters when swapping pallets opens up a lot of possibilities for minor characters. It's strange that there still seems to be clones as separate characters though

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I know all I need to for the playable fighters, so I'm curious as to if there's any new details for stages, items, Assist Trophies, and music?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I am starting my AMA in a new thread.

I writing the OP up right now with some observations about some popular questions, and then I will let you guys roll out questions. I will attempt to put the questions I answer in the OP. Sit tight!
Does Bandana Dee appear in King DeDeDe's victory screen?

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
I need more info regarding Falcon. Anything. Does the knee compare to that of Brawl, or is it more like Melee's?

Last edited:

ChooChoo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4399-0342-2350
Hmmm. Changing the names of characters when swapping pallets opens up a lot of possibilities for minor characters. It's strange that there still seems to be clones as separate characters though
Well, 'clones' still have differences after all, albeit small, in playstyle. But is anybody concerned about the fact that Bowsy and the Koopalings are exposed after Up B, and their models, and therefore their hurt boxes, should be different?

Last edited:

NRool

Smash Rookie
Whilst I can't be bothered to learn how Reddit works and find the AMA when it's up (busy busy busy) could I kindly ask somebody to ask the following question?

Simply put, Does Robin's coat change colour, or only his hair?
I apologise if it's been asked already, but I slept through the majority of the news last night (UK time)

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
I need more info regarding Falcon. Anything. Does the knee compare to that of Brawl, or is it more like Melee's?
I want to know that too...

I find this gif, and please confirm me, it seems like that move will be useless now... Falcon was my main in Melee, and he was so useless in Brawl that I had to drop him. I really hope he's recovered his greatness...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Whilst I can't be bothered to learn how Reddit works and find the AMA when it's up (busy busy busy) could I kindly ask somebody to ask the following question?

Simply put, Does Robin's coat change colour, or only his hair?
I apologise if it's been asked already, but I slept through the majority of the news last night (UK time)
Confirmed to only change hair color.

bekindrewind

Smash Apprentice
On the AMA, could someone please ask about Pac-Man's playstyle and his alternate costumes, please? I have to go to work.

stitch_face

Smash Rookie
Well, 'clones' still have differences after all, albeit small, in playstyle. But is anybody concerned about the fact that Bowsy and the Koopalings are exposed after Up B, and their models, and therefore their hurt boxes, should be different?
Just curious why they decided to have clones with slight differences like Lucina and allegedly Doc and Dark Pit, and then complete clones via pallet swaps. I don't have a problem with it, but it's an interesting design choice. I doubt the pallet swaps will have different hitboxes, but I am also curious as to how the koopalings will function. I guess we'll just have to wait to see if they are even confirmed.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hi guys, Zipzo will make a new thread in a moment (on smashboards). For now I'll likely convert this to just a general thread for the event/what happened today (if I locked this we wouldn't have a proper one to cover any other information we'd receive from other sources and would rather not bloat the AMA).

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
AMA Question: In the E3 demo Sonic's landing lag for his down air had increased a bit from Brawl while landing lag for his back air had increased a LOT. Is it still that bad in this final build?

EDIT: Thank you for all this. we know how much effort it must of taken to get this much information to us all. we really appreciate it.

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I want to know that too...

I find this gif, and please confirm me, it seems like that move will be useless now... Falcon was my main in Melee, and he was so useless in Brawl that I had to drop him. I really hope he's recovered his greatness...
Why would this make it useless? Just refrain from using it in a short hop unless you are very confident it will connect. Use Nair or Uair close to the ground if you're approaching or continuing a combo and use Fair to finish.

Last edited:

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
Just curious why they decided to have clones with slight differences like Lucina and allegedly Doc and Dark Pit, and then complete clones via pallet swaps. I don't have a problem with it, but it's an interesting design choice. I doubt the pallet swaps will have different hitboxes, but I am also curious as to how the koopalings will function. I guess we'll just have to wait to see if they are even confirmed.
How do you know dark pit is a slight clone, who is claiming that, from what I have seen people seem to think he would use items which pit doesn't from uprising.

Last edited:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I agree. I'm not sure what Sakuari's focus was for the clones. Evidently, Alph seems like he could've been made a clone -- he has the model, colors, and presumably announcer voice. It may not take too much work other than excessive debugging to add a clone.

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
Why would this make it useless? Just refrain from using it in a short hop unless you are very confident it will connect. Use Nair or Uair close to the ground if you're approaching or continuing a combo and use Fair to finish.
True, that's why I want to know its power and if it's as hard to connect as in Brawl, or if it's more like Melee's version. I can use it well as a finisher, laggy or not.

Last edited:

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
People speculating. Allegedly implies there is no proof
Oh so it means made up, well allegedly he isn't a clone. There are over 100 weapons in kid icarus uprising and pit Just uses 3 of them (Palutena Bow, Upperdash Arm, and Guardian Orbitars) out of the 9 types. Which means Dark Pit could use Blades, Cannons, Clubs, Arms or Palms as his specials as well as having his "Dark Pit Staff" which some people claim is shown in his render, thus supporting the idea that he is using different types.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Oh so it means made up, well allegedly he isn't a clone. There are over 100 weapons in kid icarus uprising and pit Just uses 3 of them (Palutena Bow, Upperdash Arm, and Guardian Orbitars) out of the 9 types. Which means Dark Pit could use Blades, Cannons, Clubs, Arms or Palms as his specials as well as having his "Dark Pit Staff" which some people claim is shown in his render, thus supporting the idea that he is using different types.
That doesn't have any proof either. He was using the word allegedly; he is not stating that Dark Pit is a clone with only slight differences as a fact, but talking hypothetically, that if Dark Pit were a slight clone as some have speculated, then "insert the rest of his post here". Don't get distracted by what Dark Pit may or may not be he's just talking about the hypothetical situation if Dark Pit were a clone with only slight differences.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
If I had to take a guess, Lucina, Dark Pit, and I guess Dr. Mario because of Melee have decently-sized fanbases to warrant being playable clones as opposed to a character like Alph or the Koopalings.

Last edited:

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
It's funny how some of you say "X character deserves to be nerfed" or whatever. It's like you guys don't want a balanced game or something.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
I mean, I hope the reason they give it a long landing lag is because the knee is the same than Melee. If the move has the same hitbox as it had in Brawl, it won't be cool.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't that suggest the opposite?
No, because every character can be good. My friend told me that Street Fighter IV (can't remember which Ultra Mega Super Hyper Deluxe XXX 420 v1.09 version it was) is pretty well balanced.

GameDragon

Smash Cadet
No, because every character can be good. My friend told me that Street Fighter IV (can't remember which Ultra Mega Super Hyper Deluxe XXX 420 v1.09 version it was) is pretty well balanced.
Not to be rude, but you must not play USF4, because there were several character nerfs in the game. They didn't balance it by making every character stronger, that's unrealistic. There's such a thing as a character being too strong. It's unfortunate, but it is the way of things.

Keep in mind, a nerf does not make a character bad. It just lowers their potency.

Last edited:

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
Not to be rude, but you must not play USF4, because there were several character nerfs in the game. They didn't balance it by making every character stronger, that's unrealistic. There's such a thing as a character being too strong. It's unfortunate, but it is the way of things.

Keep in mind, a nerf does not make a character bad. It just lowers their potency.
How often do they update balance in games like that, I cant imagine patching for balance frequently allows the meta to develop much.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman

Nonsense, my friend. Just make everyone incredibly OP and claim it's balanced. One Falcon Punch that could end a match. One fireball from Mario that does like, 60% damage. Sakurai should let me take over. I'll just lie and say I've made a game. Also, Mega Man better have a hadouken as an alt special. I might be a little upset if he doesn't.

GameDragon

Smash Cadet
Nonsense, my friend. Just make everyone incredibly OP and claim it's balanced. One Falcon Punch that could end a match. One fireball from Mario that does like, 60% damage. Sakurai should let me take over. I'll just lie and say I've made a game. Also, Mega Man better have a hadouken as an alt special. I might be a little upset if he doesn't.
I admit, I'd like to see a game where every character had a Falcon Punch lol. Just imagine Olimar.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I admit, I'd like to see a game where every character had a Falcon Punch lol. Just imagine Olimar.
Olimar is pretty humorous. I thought he looked pretty ugly in Brawl, but that was just due to the graphics. He looks cute now. A true 10/10 character. I hope we get more news about him and Dedede that isn't palette swaps.

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
I like the idea of tiers to be honest. It allows for things like low tier tournaments and also allows for it to be more impressive when someone does well with a character people consider to be bad.

In my mind, for balance, ever character needs at least a few counter-picks. There shouldn't be any one character who will dominate every match-up, or else we will get a brawl situation.

The only balanced match-ups are dittos. The only way for a game to be 100% balanced would be for there to only be one character. Even simple fighting games like Dive Kick, which only have two buttons, have tiers.

Not much point calling for buffs and nerfs before the game even comes out. We haven't tried every match up, we don't know how the meta will develop or what high level play is going to be based around (air, ground, off stage, gimping ect.)

I'm pretty hopeful for smash 4, with custom moves we can tweak balance and match-up advantages. It definitely has a chance of being the most balanced game yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom