• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3 stocked in 32 seconds

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
my friend and i were playing, he was zelda i was ike. as soon as the match started he taunted or something idk i dont play zelda, anyway i waite until he was done and f tilted him off the stage (final D) than i immediately daired him and grabbed the ledge, he tried to teleport and failed. than he respawned and got mayby 30 damage on me with 2 up smashes, than a final smash appeared but b4 either of us could get it i f smashed him to death, after that i got the ball, knocked him off the stage and he died, all 3 lives in less than a min. (video coming soon...i hope)

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I'm still waiting for your "good reason", zelda is not that fast and farore's wind only has so many escape points that don't include the air, and a zelda would have to be bat**** ******** to escape towards the air against ike. As for fair, block when you see her start to jump or space yourself into a sour spot. If you're eating fairs left and right then you're doing something wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgSnC9gCJFk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbPRhnzbpi8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRfB3Msznjo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWPdYh9hB4A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMMfq3HvP3U

Force her above you, get under her, she's at a very distinct disadvantage when you're below her. Mindgame her, mind your spacing, give yourself the advantage.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Zelda ***** Ike. Deal with it....she ***** both of his recoveries with Din's fire and her upsmash is lame enough to cut through your shield if you mistime the letting go of your shield. You mess up just a bit and get hit by the last spark and GG. Ryko as for the vid you posted..no offense but I didn't see much in that Zelda...so posting vids of you beating that Zelda won't really help anyone as there are wayyyy better Zelda's out there...vids of your friend isn't going to prove otherwise especially when he's not doing the moves that **** Ike most... ugh...

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I am more than happy to play who people consider better opponents in general, I personally like to attempt to get better and need more options anyway. I'm still not of the full belief that zelda flat out ***** ike, I do agree with the up smash thing regarding letting go of your shield but I dont think that constitutes the ****** of a character. If you have friend codes of people you consider better or hell even gather somewhere in NY I live in sunset park.

Mizar

Smash Ace
my friend and i were playing, he was zelda i was ike. as soon as the match started he taunted or something idk i dont play zelda, anyway i waite until he was done and f tilted him off the stage (final D) than i immediately daired him and grabbed the ledge, he tried to teleport and failed when a couple of guys who were up to no good startin making trouble in my neighborhood I got in one little fight and my mom got scared she said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air' I whistled for a cab and when it came near The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror If anything I can say this cab is rare But I thought 'Now forget it' - 'Yo holmes to Bel Air' I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo holmes smell ya later' I looked at my kingdom I was finally there To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I'm still waiting for your "good reason", zelda is not that fast and farore's wind only has so many escape points that don't include the air, and a zelda would have to be bat**** ******** to escape towards the air against ike. As for fair, block when you see her start to jump or space yourself into a sour spot. If you're eating fairs left and right then you're doing something wrong.

Force her above you, get under her, she's at a very distinct disadvantage when you're below her. Mindgame her, mind your spacing, give yourself the advantage.
Didn't I make a mega post already?
Ah wait that was another thread.

Simply put because ike has difficulty approaching her.
Anyone with projectiles can be a problem for Ike because of his slow speed and the fact that his approach options are very limited.

Camping really tends to hurt Ike especially since Farore teleports her quite far and would make it somewhat difficult to stay close., especially since she can control the spacing more easily than Ike.

A good Zelda is not going to let you get below her, heck anyone below Zelda hurts her because she has very few options when she is in such a position nor does she have much priority or range with her Dair.
If you place a good Zelda up against a good Ike you'll find that she can KO him moreso than Ike would KO her. Simply because she can control spacing and keep inflicting damage until she can KO him. Granted Ike can KO her at low percentages but that isn't going to happen very often considering the options she has against him. He just doesn't do too well against her.

As you said earlier Zelda would ahve to be bat************ to let herself be placed in such a position so do explain why Ike would do oh so very well against a competent Zelda?

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
final smashes? wow.
He got the FS Staz, but didn't get the actual chance to use it considering Zelda was dead.

Anyway, that match, to put it bluntly, sucked. A good Ike can get near Zelda, but a smart Zelda player will know how to lead Ike around on a leash, practically. I mean, I fight Staz time to time (he uses Ike, I use Zelda), and sometimes it's a close fight, but I typically have the upper hand (because he hates d-tilt when I get it off XD). When I get the videos from his house, I'll upload them and show you.

And yes Staz, you do suck ^^ But don't worry, I still love ya.

Nakayorz

Smash Apprentice
Zelda ***** Ike. Deal with it....she ***** both of his recoveries with Din's fire and her upsmash is lame enough to cut through your shield if you mistime the letting go of your shield. You mess up just a bit and get hit by the last spark and GG. Ryko as for the vid you posted..no offense but I didn't see much in that Zelda...so posting vids of you beating that Zelda won't really help anyone as there are wayyyy better Zelda's out there...vids of your friend isn't going to prove otherwise especially when he's not doing the moves that **** Ike most... ugh...
So basically you guys are saying I'm an incompetant Zelda (well maybe you didn't use those words but shadowlink is indirectly implying it) . And you're also saying that Din's Fire can gimp both Quick Draw and Aether. Last I checked if you're in a situation where you CAN return with quick draw successfully Din's fire won't stop you from making it back hell it can even save you if you get hit by it in situations where you can't make it back by giving you more height for your next quick draw attempt. If you're close enough to the stage to use Aether getting hit by din's won't gimp you either unless there's some spiking property to the projectile that no one knows about or has seen.

So you say Din's Fire and Up smash **** Ike the most huh? let's find those vids with lots of din's fire and up smash setups then shall we?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJWRk1c8U4s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIGhLODgEf4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKdCd1JmOOg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOaNZlrhkJ4

P.S. You do realize since Ryko is willing to play anyone no matter how much better they are than him that the easiest way to give him a good wake up call or win this argument is to serve him up to be ***** by one of these waaaaaaaaay better Zeldas (since apparantly I'm utter trash and a bad influence on him that he'd believe such a preposterous thing as Zelda not being completely overpowering over Ike)

Moo2

Smash Cadet
my friend and i were playing, he was zelda i was ike. as soon as the match started he taunted or something idk i dont play zelda, anyway i waite until he was done and f tilted him off the stage (final D) than i immediately daired him and grabbed the ledge, he tried to teleport and failed when a couple of guys who were up to no good startin making trouble in my neighborhood I got in one little fight and my mom got scared she said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air' I whistled for a cab and when it came near The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror If anything I can say this cab is rare But I thought 'Now forget it' - 'Yo holmes to Bel Air' I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo holmes smell ya later' I looked at my kingdom I was finally there To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.
If there were ever an epic win, this would be it.

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
if ike and zelda both swing (her poofy magic stuff, like her F-tilt) doesnt ike get hurt when they collide? magic>metal sword?

i remember gimping someone with zelda just by both of us attacking, it mighta been ike.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
L O freakin L

Staz

Smash Lord
He got the FS Staz, but didn't get the actual chance to use it considering Zelda was dead.

Anyway, that match, to put it bluntly, sucked. A good Ike can get near Zelda, but a smart Zelda player will know how to lead Ike around on a leash, practically. I mean, I fight Staz time to time (he uses Ike, I use Zelda), and sometimes it's a close fight, but I typically have the upper hand (because he hates d-tilt when I get it off XD). When I get the videos from his house, I'll upload them and show you.

And yes Staz, you do suck ^^ But don't worry, I still love ya.

lol i hate that D-tilt!! 0_o anyways they are good ike vs zelda matches and those videos were good, dont forget upload them.

Sliq

Smash Master
Big fat who cares. Go get your pat on the back somewhere else you failure.

RoyIke

Smash Rookie
Yes and for a good reason.

Ike cannot approach Zelda safely. Byt the time he gets close she can teleport away or if enough damage has been done Fair him to death.
Ummm you make smash sound so simple 0_0 yes thats a good general strategy to stick to but really... i don't think theirs a character match up in all of brawl where one char has the distinct advantage over any other character kinda stupid to design a game like that :confused: anyhoo i can't think of a solid reason why a match between zelda and ike couldn't go either way it just depends on the player and how one of them outwits, outclasses, and outmatches the other. and i think thats what the tc wants us to "lol" about cause its "funny" "hahaha..haha" :urg: because he got lucky i guess...idk:confused:

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
You have to be kidding me
Agreed. Zelda is not a mismatch for Ike. Take advantage of the GIANT DISJOINTED HITBOX.

Seriously, if somebody is going to try and play Ike, they need to empty their mind of how they played melee, because melee tactics with Ike = fail.

Top Bottom