• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 3 Miis, Palutena, amiibo, Pacman, G&W Post Invitational

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
So much moveset put into 3 versions of the Mii, and Sakurai saying "you can play as anyone like Abe Lincoln or Elijay Wood" is him trying to soften the blow that we won't be getting a lot of characters we want.

lcampoy8

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8395-9035
Mii are ok but they just feel like they wasted a slot.

Palutena looks amazing.

I probably wouldnt use the custom movesets much but i would definitely collect all the amiibos.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Anyone think the Mii Brawler moves looked eerily similar to Captain Falcon?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I hope Miis didn't take too much development time. They look to share a lot of moves with other characters though, and their model is extremely simple too, so I don't think they did.

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
So when it comes to online will we have to figure out the move set the opponent has chosen for their Mii? Quite an advantage for the Mii as it seems lol.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
So when it comes to online will we have to figure out the move set the opponent has chosen for their Mii? Quite an advantage for the Mii as it seems lol.
This could lead to the Miis being banned for online tournaments

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
So much moveset put into 3 versions of the Mii, and Sakurai saying "you can play as anyone like Abe Lincoln or Elijay Wood" is him trying to soften the blow that we won't be getting a lot of characters we want.
Doubtful. We still have secret characters.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Doubtful. We still have secret characters.
I'm not saying that we're done with new characters. Obviously there will be secret characters. Just saying that if we don't get, say, Captain Falcon or something, you can create a Mii version of him and use the brawler mode.

Last edited:

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
My only concern is that the Miis will take up three whole character slots on the roster. But with Palutena revealed and all the other great non-Smash related news i can't be bothered to care about the Miis. They're here to stay, and it's nothing we should feel blindsided by since last years E3 leak predicted them, so all us naysayers better accept it.

VictoriaYr

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2363-6451-1789
This customization for the Mii characters has me a little uncertain...
I just felt that these reveals were a bit lacking compared to other directs. In fact, this entire video was really lacking a certain...cinematic value.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
...As long as I can make a ridley mii I'm okay with this...

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I think it'll be handled thus:
Miis take up one spot on CSS.
When you select them, a menu pops up, with your created Miis. You then choose from there. 1 Slot on the CSS.

JPW

Smash Ace
I really loved the reveals. Palutena reveal was pretty epic. Even if it was a given. That anime was pretty funny, and the whole aftermath Palutena looks cool.

But the Miis really blew me away. They look so cool, and quite fun.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I literally screamed and made strange noises when That first shot of Palutena appeared.
Mii's trailer is now my favorite though...
"ICE T POURS IT ON"

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Mii's emblem is the smash emblem. huh... I thought it would be like... something else.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Having a choice from a couple bland moves is too much of an advantage? And come on, the best moves will get figured out quickly, so there really won't be much of a choice.
This. Customization is only real on low level play. After that everything is processed.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I have been in kind of a state of shock all afternoon. It's a lot to process. The game keeps looking better and better!

I thought I would HATE Miis, because I figured they'd be designed around Wii Sports. What Sakurai has done with the Miis is nothing short of amazing. The possibilities are nealy endless. And I think the Smash emblem as their insignia is fitting, since they are basically totally unique characters with a Mii face on them. And I like how they move and attack in entertaining ways! While Villager behaves in a very odd way, the Miis are a little more focused on combat. Also, since the Brawler type, for instance, seems to have moves from Mario, Mac, and Falcon (at least), these Mii Fighters might end up being popular secondary characters for competitive players. Think about it: if your main is Captain Falcon or Little Mac, say, wouldn't it be an easy and fun secondary character to pick up? You could counterpick certain matchups that are bad for you main that the Mii Fighter close to it has less of a problem with. I'm excited for Miis and I can't believe I would EVER say that. And the Iwata vs Reggie video was AMAZING!

Palutena is sexy. Palutena is flashy. Palutena is... Just wow. I don't know about you guys, but she looks like a BLAST to play as! The anime movie was great, sure, but man, that gameplay... I just want to keep watching that gameplay. She has so many freaking moves! Palutena looks like she has a lot of "greatest hits" type moves from other characters, as well as a heap of original flair. Man... That tilt tho! Where she rockets you into the air with a green beam of light from under the target's feet?! Oh my goodness. I am in love.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm really pumped for the Amiibo.... did you catch that the SMASH characters will be able to be used in MK8?!?

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Is there any word on hit-stun canceling yet? As far as I can tell its still in...:glare:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm honestly way more Hype for Miis than Palutena.
And I'm more hype for Splatoon than Miis.

Last edited:

TheGravyTrain

Smash Ace
NNID
Theboyingreen
Does anyone now where to watch the invitational? I didn't get to watch it live and now it is private on youtube so I can't watch it. I got to see Grand Finals, but nothing else... :(

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
This. Customization is only real on low level play. After that everything is processed.
Ya know, give it a rest. Just enjoy the freaken game. It's an awesome feature. It seems like this community complains for the sake of complaining sometimes.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Ya know, give it a rest. Just enjoy the freaken game. It's an awesome feature. It seems like this community complains for the sake of complaining sometimes.
I wasn't complaining. Its just a fact. When the best moves are figured out than everyone will just use those moves. Sure its possible to customize but only the optimal customizations will be used.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Eh... kind of a swing and a miss for me. I'm not really hyped about any of these revealed characters, but at least Mii Fighters' potential variation seems pretty great. I guess this mean's the leak's real now.

Did anyone catch IGN's 33 character roster thing? Please tell me Sakurai's rusing us.

Top Bottom