• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3/6 + 3/7 Orlando, FL SF4 + Smash + Other Misc Tournaments

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Just making this clear: I am holding this same tournament twice. Once on Friday, and once on Saturday. You can come to either, or both.

Both days will contain Brawl Singles and Doubles, Street Fighter 4, and Melee Singles for sure. But Saturday will probably have more small misc tournaments.

The other events will all be held assuming there are at least 4 people who want to do them, and it's not already 2 in the morning.

The prices are getting really confusing, so I am going to make it simple:

Everything is $2 a piece. Door Fee is $1 for Friday, and $2 for Saturday.

That way you could be like me and be there both days and enter 11 events and it would cost you $25. :)

Because this is going to be the most fun ever.

Door Fee: $1 for Friday; $2 for Saturday.
Entry Fee: $2 per event; $5 or $10 for the Brawl Pool if we have it.
Date: 3/6 (Friday) AND 3/7 (Saturday)
Address: 2824 Einstein Way, Orlando FL 32826 Room 102
Phone Number: 321-604-8717

It's the start of spring break, so no school johns!!

Events are going to be:

Brawl Singles
Brawl Doubles
Melee Singles
Street Fighter 4
Brawl Random Singles
and possibly:
Crews or Draft Crews
Mario Kart Wii if someone brings it.
Melee Doubles if we can get 4 teams.
Captain Falcon-only Melee Singles
Smash 64

If too many people come, I am going to consider capping the smaller events at 8 people, or something like that. It depends on how much time I feel like it's going to take.

I'll be having this tournament on both days, but Saturday will probably be the larger day.

This tournament is geared towards locals only, but people from all regions are welcome.

Depending on the number of people going to the tournament, the payouts will probably be as follows for each tournament.
# of People
6-8: Winner gets all money, 2nd place gets money back
9-16: 60/30/10
17+: 55/30/10/5

Brawl Singles:
Norfair and Lylat are banned
Yoshi's is a CP
Infinites are banned. Suck up suicide only gets you the win if you are within 50%.

Brawl Doubles:
Basic Rules, Lylat is still banned

Melee Singles:
Basic Rules
Wobbling is Legal

Street Fighter 4
Matches are best 2/3.
Winner stays the same character, and lose CP's character.

Brawl Random Singles

I'll give everyone an index card at the start of the tournament. On the card you write the three characters that you don't want to play as.

If you get one of those characters, you may reset the match.

Your opponent selects the character that they got previously, and you choose random again.

You keep doing this until both players get acceptable characters.

So, say me and my opponent both happen to pick Sonic, Ganon, and Link as the three characters we don't want to play as.

First match, we both go random, I get Sonic, he gets Snake.

We reset the match, and he picks Snake, and I go random again.

Additionally, your opponent picks one character that you can't get.

So basically, if my opponent says I can't play MK, and he comes up on random for me, then we reset the match, and I choose random again, and my opponent goes back to the character he got the first time on random.
I will clarify any rules during the tournament, if you merely ask.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Ryan's party is this weekend.

My tournament is next weekend.

Garbanzo it's good to hear from you :).

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Street Fighter 4
Matches are best 2/3.
Winner stays the same character, and lose CP's character.

thats a dumb rule, it's not smash

sorry, i don't actually know the SF4 rules, I am just going by the way they did it at Impact Clash 3

i will make sure everyone agrees on the SF4 ruleset before the tournament starts.

@Hrnut, you better come!!!

lamugi

Smash Lord
sorry, i don't actually know the SF4 rules, I am just going by the way they did it at Impact Clash 3

i will make sure everyone agrees on the SF4 ruleset before the tournament starts.

@Hrnut, you better come!!!
i wasnt trying to sound angry or anything, but so long as everyone agrees it shall be fine i suppose!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
You could always help by telling me some of the real rules, if you wanted.

I'd be grateful for any help, since I have no idea how other 2d fighters function competively.

lamugi

Smash Lord
Okay sure
* Both players choose their characters whenever they want.
* This is a free for all. Players pick who they want and go.
* Once either player chooses a character, neither is allowed to request that the Double Blind Selection method be used.

Evo says that they are required to stay the same character, but they also say that you can switch sides etc

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
what are you talking about? in street fighter the winner stays the same character and the loser can change of they wants. those ARE the actual rules

i agree with dr. barban20. have it saturday/sunday. I work on friday and i would love to come to this...but like i said i work on friday and i'd miss stuff. Have it saturday/sunday and i guarantee ill be there

or you can just hold the melee stuff on friday. and the brawl stuff/SF4 on saturday. that would be equally awesome

lamugi

Smash Lord
what are you talking about? in street fighter the winner stays the same character and the loser can change of they wants. those ARE the actual rules

i agree with dr. barban20. have it saturday/sunday. I work on friday and i would love to come to this...but like i said i work on friday and i'd miss stuff. Have it saturday/sunday and i guarantee ill be there

or you can just hold the melee stuff on friday. and the brawl stuff/SF4 on saturday. that would be equally awesome
i said that lol

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
There are now REALLY good odds of me holding this tournament on both Friday AND Saturday.

I have a new plan for pricing that I will discuss more after I play melee with Queen for a bit.

Gindler

Smash Champion
10 dollars for all tournaments? does that mean 10 for every one (all cost 10) or you get all of them for 10 dollars ($2......each? confused)

Oh and there should be GuiltyGear

Brightcrawler>>>>octipi.....just saying

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
10 dollars for all tournaments? does that mean 10 for every one (all cost 10) or you get all of them for 10 dollars ($2......each? confused)

Oh and there should be GuiltyGear

Brightcrawler>>>>octipi.....just saying
But your I-no is lulzy lol

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
lol john by not posting your address are you hoping to deter large attendances?
Yes

****ting all over Linguini's/Jason's Melee tournament.
No

rx being a ***** and hosting a tourney on my date.
gg.
There's no one left in CFL on this date that wants to pay $30 to travel to an expensive melee tournament.
I'm only holding it on this date because Andy + Box + Colin are going to be in New York.
My tournament won't affect your tournaments attendance by a single person.

im pretty sure melee is gonna be on friday so it doesnt matter
If there are enough interested people on both days, I am going to hold every event twice, once on each day.

may come to this, maybe. depends on the days though...
The days are friday and saturday...

Noa.

Smash Master
Hey, I would like to come to this. I'm a nobody who lives right here in Kissimmee. Is there any way I can get the address?

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I might even hold low tier melee or brawl, depending on request for it.

This tournament is probably going to end up bigger than I want, which means that even though I am going to have the fan and AC on full blast, it's probably going to be hot and crowded.

I'm not going to promise that it won't be hot or crowded :).

It will be just as fun as last time though, if not way more fun...

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Bring your own controller for SF4, or else you'll be playing on Ps3 Dual Shocks, and johning about it!!!

Also, if someone can bring an Xbox 360 and SF4 for that, it would be good in case people only have xbox arcade sticks.

@ Draconoa: The address is 2824 Einstein Way, Apt 06102, Orlando Fl, 32826, but you have to park in visitors, which is going to be full and crowded.

@ Gdx: They are going to New York for West Meets East.

@ Everyone: I have no idea what I am doing about the price situation yet, but expect there to be at least a $2 door fee, and at least $1-2 entrance for each tournament, possible as high as $5 entrance for each tournament.

Top Bottom