• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Drink the Falcon Punch! - TBA

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Don't Drink the Falcon Punch! - Date: TBA

Next Biweekly:
To Be Announced

Where:
University of Memphis
UC 261 (Senate Chambers)

Parking: Free @ Southern Avenue Parking lot

Phone number is you have any problems: (901)315-5661
If you have a setup, let me know (via phone #), and we'll unload it for you since they don't like you parking on the street.

Venue Fee: None
Doubles: $10 per team ($5 per person)
Singles: $5

Payouts will be 60/30/10 x 75% of the pot.
25% will skimmed off the top for savings that will go towards hosting a national level tournament of our own. We will have a bank account and I will allow anyone to see it during the biweeklies. That way JodoDragon (Treasurer), WEZL (VP), and I (President) are held accountable.

Times:
Doubles checkins: 9 AM
Doubles: 11 AM

Singles checkins: 1 PM
Singles: 3 PM

Melee Rules

• Items are set to off.
  • Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
  • Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
  • The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
  • Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
  • Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
  • Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).
  • Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
Match Procedures:

1. Blind Picks character selection.
  2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
  3. The first match is played.
  4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
  5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
  6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
  7. The losing player picks character.
  8. The next match is played.
  9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
Stages

Neutral:

• Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
  • Past Stages: Dream Land
  • Special Stages: Final Destination
  • Special Stages: Battlefield
  • Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story
Counterpick:

• Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
  • Planet Zebes: Brinstar
  • Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
  • Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

UNIVERSAL RULES:

Singles:

• Wobbling will be allowed
Teams:

• Life steal is allowed
  • Set team attack to ON

Brawl Rules

-3 stock.
-8 minutes.
-Items are turned to off and none.
-Controllers with turbo, or any kind of software that will change the gameplay are PROHIBITED.
-All non-finals and semi-finals matches are best of three.
-Consolation finals matches (3rd and 5th place matches) are best of 5.
-Final Championship match is best of 7
-Controller ports are determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors if there is a dispute.
-If time runs out, the winner is determined by stock, and then by percent.
-All persons are responsible for their own control scheme and must make sure it is set before the match begins.
-Any action that prevents the game from continuing results in a forfeiture of the match for the offender.
-Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned.
-If a game ends with Bowser or Ganondorf using a Sacrificial KO (with Flying -Slam or Flame Choke respectively) and the game is tied, then any Sudden -Death is ignored and the game goes to a 1-stock, 3-minute overtime match.
-Stalling is banned. (Stalling is defined as any action that deliberately avoids all conflict as to make the game unplayable. Running from an opponent to get to a better position is not considered stalling, but using chain grabs infinitely against a wall (excessively beyond around 300%) or using Sonic's Neutral B repeatedly underneath the stage is.)
-Both players choose their characters for the first game. A double blind pick may be requested by either player.

Match Procedures:
-The first stage of a match is selected randomly.
-The loser of the first game announces the stage that s/he will counter-pick.
-The winner of the previous game chooses his/her character.
-The loser of the previous game chooses his/her character.
-Repeat previous steps for successive matches.

MAPS:

Neutral:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island

Counterpick:
-Brinstar

-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Lylat Cruise
-Pokemon Stadium
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Rainbow Cruise

Banned:
-Everything else

MvC3 Rules
2/3 matches
3/5 Finals/Grand Finals
Double elimination
Default Timer
Random Stages
Loser can change teams between matches, winner cannot

Friendlies:

There will be 2 setups for friendlies (1 Melee & 1 Brawl). These will be my personally owned GC, Wii +TV's so it's guaranteed. Since there is no entry fee people are welcome to bring their own setups for friendlies or play on mine for FREE

As always, we need setups! They are a key to running a smooth, efficient, and fun tournament! This new series is going to be amazing, and we want to make sure everything runs correctly. I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Now everyone begin the HYPE!

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
RESULTS

Tiger Smash Biweekly #1 - Feb. 26, 2011 (Amount saved: $37.5)
Doubles

So we ended up doing Melee singles and doubles only. Brawl was a major failure. It's amazing that we can get 40+ Brawlers at a free tourney, but when we do something truly competitive, like putting something on the line, no one shows up. My hats off to T-Man, Talon, Shive, and OD for actually coming, hoping to find a Brawl tournament. Now that I've said my piece about that....

Melee was awesome! I had a great time. It was a fun first event and hopefully next time we'll rack in even more people!

Teams:
1st: Grandma's Nasty (Iori :bowser2: + ToasT :falco:) - $20
2nd: Tacosu (BunBun :kirby2: + Cyner :link2:) - $10
3rd: Cat Planet (Myztek :fox: + Mythek :sheik:)
4th: Team Spicy Huuuurrrrrr (ZZZ :fox: + Tasty :falcon::fox:)

Doubles' Pool:

Doubles' Bracket:

Singles Results
Singles:
1st: Iori :bowser2: - $47.5
2nd: IHaveSpaceBalls :samus2::fox: - $25
3rd: BunBun :sheik::marth::kirby2: - $10
4th: Tron :ganondorf::falcon:
5th: Cyner :link2:
5th: ToasT :falco:
7th: ZZZ :marth:
7th: Baki :fox::random:
9th: LlamaSensei :popo::ganondorf:
9th: Claxton :random:
11th: Tasty :falcon::fox:

Singles' Pools & Brackets

Singles Pools:

Melee Singles Bracket:

Videos:
Grand Finals: Iori (Bowser) vs IHaveSpaceBalls (Fox/Falco/Mario)
Losers' Finals: IHaveSpaceBalls (Samus) vs BunBun (Fox)
Winners' Finals: Iori (Bowser) vs BunBun (Kirby)
Winners' Bracket: Tron (Player 1) vs BunBun (Player 2)

Tiger Smash Biweekly #2 - March 19, 2011 (Amount saved total: $76.00)

Melee Results

Doubles

1st: Someone's in the Kitchen with Dina
(Iori :random:+ Toast :falco::jigglypuff:) - $27
2nd: Team Ebony (Myztek
:falco: + Tron :falcon:) - $10
3rd: Flying *****foot (Firo
:fox: + Jacuzzi :samus2:)
4th: River Brook Madness (Samba
:ganondorf: + Dinkerbob :falcon:)
5th: Puffendorf (LlamaSensei
:popo: + nZo :jigglypuff:)

Bracket:
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e287/jomiba/MeleeDoubles.png

Singles

1st: Sasperilla :random: - $28
2nd: IHaveSpaceBalls
:samus2::falco: - $15
3rd: Myztek
:falco::fox: - $5
4th: DinkeyBob
:falcon:
5th: Zulu
:fox:
5th: ToasT
:falco:
7th: Samba
:ganondorf:
7th: WEZL :marth:
9th: Hazard
:random:
9th: Mangog
:random:
11th: nZo
:jigglypuff:
11th: Tasty
:fox:
13th: LlamaSensei
:popo:

Pool 1:
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e287/jomiba/MeleeSingles.png
Pool 2: http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e287/jomiba/MeleeSingles2.png
Bracket: http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e287/jomiba/MeleeSinglesBracket-1.gif

Slice of Melee Biweekly #3 - Apr. 16, 2011 (Amount saved: $129.55)
Doubles

Brawl

1: ThrillerMan :dedede:($9.00)
2: Talon :fox:($5.00)
3: Cyner :link2:($5.00)
4: Wolfei :fox::link2:
5: LlamaSensei :falco::pikachu2:
5: J-Bar :pikachu2:
7: Tetsujin :fox:
7: Glitter :peach:

Melee

Singles

1: Myztek :falco:($21.25)
2: ToasT :falco::jigglypuff:($10.00)
3: Tron :falcon:($5.00)
4: Cyner :link2:
5: WEZL :marth:
5: BMW :marth:
7: LlamaSensei :popo:
7: zZz :falco:
9: Claxton :falcon::ganondorf:
9: Super Kenshin :sheik:
11: Glitter :peach::sheik:
11: TastY :fox:

Doubles
1: Giant Twinkie (Cyner :link2: & LlamaSensei :popo:) ($12.50)
2: Team PokeBall (Tron :mewtwo: & WEZL :pikachu2:) ($10.00)
3: Spicyyy Hurrrrr (Tasty :fox: & Sleepy Mullet :falco:) ($0.00)

MvC3

1: ThrillerMan ($13.75)
2: Cyner ($5.00)
3: Myztek ($0.00)
4: Super Kenshin
5: HyperDragon
6: Talon

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Same day as pound lol.
A lot of us will be gone. I'll be in Tusca I think =3
Well then this first one will give some of the "less-elite" players some hope for the future lol :cool:

EDIT: I've moved the date back b/c of Pound and b/c I'll actually be out of town on the 19th. so yeah.... 26th lol

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
it would be awesome if it were this weekend, with certain people gone I could place high and take all the monies.

Seriously though, MORE HYPE!!!

MmmM ITZ TastY

Smash Cadet
My bad at being a bad kid and double posting but I just realized that the first autocross (car racing thing) of the season is that day and i MIGHT be going to that.....if not on the 26th ill be at the next one fa sho.

HOOOWWWWEEVERRR since nothings going on this Saturday......anyone who is down can play some melee/brawl-/projectM demo at my house in Bartlett is more than welcome.

oh and Ill have MvC3 on the 52" going down. Just hit me up 901-734-2943 I work at fed so itll be at least noonish......dont call me at 10 in the morning on saturday or your not invited :p

MmmM ITZ TastY

Smash Cadet
I've been before lol. I have a friend in Cordova that drives a blue Evo =P

Also, is that number textable?
Yessirr i have unlimited text......

Blue evo huh??? Theres a dude named brady with a blue one and then theres a dude with a strong russian accent with a blue one with cams....thats all i know

BunBun

Smash Master
Yessirr i have unlimited text......

Blue evo huh??? Theres a dude named brady with a blue one and then theres a dude with a strong russian accent with a blue one with cams....thats all i know
The dude with the russian accent is Aleks.
Never heard of Brady. Sure you don't mean Garry?

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
CHECK THIS OUT! Dave Lewis made us another flyer, and it's probably the most awesome one yet. It makes me want to main Mario. He just looks so awesome :)

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
How can one dislike Mario? He is the Nintendo Mascot. Everyone knows who Mario is... Even starving children in Africa. (Actually they did a documentary on this, and the little kids in Africa were like, "WE LOVE MARIO.")

Talon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Talon
3DS FC
0404-8185-5062
Because of this debate I've taken it upon myself to question random people whether they knew who Mario was.Tell me our generation is okay.The younger generation have not the slightest clue who he is.All I got was: "Thats old guy in a red suit" .......*shoots myself*

Winnar

Smash Lord
lol Talon

After going to that Kami-con thing and unexpectedly getting to see BunBun and play Iori in melee

I can't wait for this

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
lol Talon

After going to that Kami-con thing and unexpectedly getting to see BunBun and play Iori in melee

I can't wait for this
BunBun keeps saying he went to a "thing" and that only him and Iori were there. He's embarassed of his obsession with Anime. Either way, I look forward to playing against you now :) ...and then losing horribly.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
psychological addictions are so brutal.

get help bun^2

Also if I had known about said event I would have attended also but some people don't care to inform others about fun events.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
NGage threatened to ban me from MSU stuff =3
Don't pay attention to N-Gage. He doesn't know the smashers very well, nor would he have the power to do so. But, he did hint at the fact that you could qualify for APEX.... If I remember right, to qualify you have to win. So he just suggested you had a chance at winning MSU in August. Take it as a compliment. :awesome:

crawlshots

Smash Apprentice
ugh.... I wish I lived closer to you guys. The tourney in January was so much fun. Sigh.

Maybe someday I'll make it back!

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
Well I couldn't make the last one because of Komicon, but I should be there for 26th.

EDIT: Why am I just finding out about this?

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Well I couldn't make the last one because of Komicon, but I should be there for 26th.

EDIT: Why am I just finding out about this?
Because I don't have your email or phone number. I spam everyone on facebook, email, phone, real life. I'm sure I'm really annoying, but if you want to find out about stuff like this then shoot me your phone number, email, or something along those lines. :)

_ToAsT_

Smash Apprentice
Because I don't have your email or phone number. I spam everyone on facebook, email, phone, real life. I'm sure I'm really annoying, but if you want to find out about stuff like this then shoot me your phone number, email, or something along those lines. :)
Well I just knew someone would come along and post something along the lines of "because you're not on the forums enough :awesome:"

My Contact info:

Cell: (901)-503-9267
Email: Toastwoodson@gmail.com
Facebook: I'm rarely on there.
Wii Code: I own a Gamecube XD

So yeah let me know people when smash things are going on in our city or surrounding cities/states and I'll do my best to attend. I do my best to look for them on the forums, but due to work and school, I don't have a lot of time. Thanks guys

~Toast

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Well I just knew someone would come along and post something along the lines of "because you're not on the forums enough :awesome:"

My Contact info:

Cell: (901)-503-9267
Email: Toastwoodson@gmail.com
Facebook: I'm rarely on there.
Wii Code: I own a Gamecube XD

So yeah let me know people when smash things are going on in our city or surrounding cities/states and I'll do my best to attend. I do my best to look for them on the forums, but due to work and school, I don't have a lot of time. Thanks guys

~Toast
Duly noted. I'll send you a text at a decent hour tomorrow. Anyways, you should come with us to MSU next weekend. It's a building melee scene, but it's darn good.

Top Bottom