• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Hmm is there anyway to make moves start off quicker?
also i wanna know if i change my character size would the hitboxes scale with him

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Ugh... my Wii is starting to die... ;-;

Anyone else had any luck with a multi-moveset character like Elemental Marth? I'd like tips, if possible.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
1) How do you change a character's size?

2) Can you make a move repeat animations. I want Ganon's Neutral Air to have him perform 4 kicks instead of 2. How can I do this?

3) I am still confused on how to add elemental hit effects.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
1) How do you change a character's size?

2) Can you make a move repeat animations. I want Ganon's Neutral Air to have him perform 4 kicks instead of 2. How can I do this?

3) I am still confused on how to add elemental hit effects.
1) in attributes the selection below weight is size

2) use the GoTo Command and put it at the end of the attack. have it go to another attack that uses the neutral B animation.. i suggest finding an empty animation slot and adding it there

3) the last 2 digits of "flags" in the offensive collision controls the elements.. like 13 being darkness... 14 being a stun 1 being slash... i think ect

shanus

Smash Hero
Well then use an empty subaction using the Catch animation, then reference that subaction using the appropriate ID to do the JC grab, then slow it down after the grabbox goes away in the frame speed mod.

If the subaction you were using was 3C, you'd reference 803C in the frame speed mod. It should work, in theory.
The worst part is I'm not even sure which subaction is the grab endlag (ala the whiff). If it is 6C, then its easier as I can just have my JC start directly cut into an empty subaction for the JC grab. However, if the grab start is in fact the same and its a later command, I would need to somehow do 6C -> middle stuff -> and then conditionally add in the endlag ID. I really need time to test this, but I don't have much.

If someone wants to help make it, be my guest.

Jump start subaction is 14, and if you add in conditionals for the pressing of the Z button, you can have it cancel and go into a grab. Now its just determining when a whiffed grab is. Can someone dump on a graphical effect to find out when it is?

Also, can someone dump a graphic effect to find (its around 36 or so) which ID is the falling (spinning) state of being footstooled?

MaxThunder

PM Support
...i kinda ran into a little problem here... i'm trying to make yoshis down smash look like the landing of his down-b... that includes the stars... but i cant find any comand that creates them anywhere in the move... and i'm a little low on time atm... does anyone know what makes them?

TreK

Is "that guy"
they're either graphics or articles, so search the "generate article" command or lurk in the GFX part

Tsk, I suck, I didn't touch PSA in 3 days ; rachel's not gonna have a slipheed gauge if I keep doing my lazy french dooshbag.

camelot

Smash Ace
I believe I found a "dice roll" event in PSA. Meaning, an event that rolls a dice with a specified number of sides, and if it rolls a 1, it performs an action (that's the best I can describe it).

It's an If block. Use the second If block on the list of events. Set the Requirement parameter to 2B. Then, change the Variable parameter to a Value parameter, and put in a number (this is how many sides the dice has). Example: setting a dice with 4 sides means it has a 1-in-4 chance of happening. If you set a dice with 1.5 sides, that makes it have a 2-in-3 chance of happening.

I'm sure someone can find a good use for this...

(By the way, I found this by looking at the sound effects for Jigglypuff's smash attacks. They all have a 1-in-2 chance of making a certain sound effect.)

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
The worst part is I'm not even sure which subaction is the grab endlag (ala the whiff). If it is 6C, then its easier as I can just have my JC start directly cut into an empty subaction for the JC grab. However, if the grab start is in fact the same and its a later command, I would need to somehow do 6C -> middle stuff -> and then conditionally add in the endlag ID. I really need time to test this, but I don't have much.

If someone wants to help make it, be my guest.

Jump start subaction is 14, and if you add in conditionals for the pressing of the Z button, you can have it cancel and go into a grab. Now its just determining when a whiffed grab is. Can someone dump on a graphical effect to find out when it is?

Also, can someone dump a graphic effect to find (its around 36 or so) which ID is the falling (spinning) state of being footstooled?
I can try to help with JC grab. Could you give me what you have so far, so that I don't have to do the code from scratch?

joshl94

Smash Apprentice
hey can someone tell me what I would do if I wanted to replace wolfs final smash with his up taunt and for there to be a big fire explosion
I also need him to not go into the air and not to have the landmaster go down
I still want to kepp his air final smash

MaxThunder

PM Support
they're either graphics or articles, so search the "generate article" command or lurk in the GFX part

Tsk, I suck, I didn't touch PSA in 3 days ; rachel's not gonna have a slipheed gauge if I keep doing my lazy french dooshbag.

you misunderstood... i know how to generate articles, and the stars are articles(article 0)... but i'm trying to find out what makes the stars come out in the same path/angle everytime, and ne on each side of him... (so far i've only been able to make it fly at a random angle in front of him... whith even the range varying slightly) so i decided to look in his down-b for it... but i cant find it... i've looked in all the sobactions and the down-b action... i cant find it...

this is the best thing iv'e got:
09000100: 0-2,
08000100: 0-5,

they're in the special action... but i dont know what they do... could they be alternative article creators?

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
O-o Wow. To me, this guide is like being blind and trying to read binary at the same time. I can't get any of this stuff.

TreK

Is "that guy"
you misunderstood... i know how to generate articles, and the stars are articles(article 0)... but i'm trying to find out what makes the stars come out in the same path/angle everytime, and ne on each side of him... (so far i've only been able to make it fly at a random angle in front of him... whith even the range varying slightly) so i decided to look in his down-b for it... but i cant find it... i've looked in all the sobactions and the down-b action... i cant find it...

this is the best thing iv'e got:
09000100: 0-2,
08000100: 0-5,

they're in the special action... but i dont know what they do... could they be alternative article creators?
oh, weird. Worth the study lol

Hmm honestly I would've just c/p'd everything in the special's subaction ; but there may be stuff in the special tab. Good Luck still.

MaxThunder

PM Support
oh, weird. Worth the study lol

Hmm honestly I would've just c/p'd everything in the special's subaction ; but there may be stuff in the special tab. Good Luck still.
yeah... but the wierdest thing... is that theres nothing in the landing subaction... its completely empty...

by the way... does anyone know the difference between special offensive collisions and ordinary offensive collisions?

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Special offensive collisions aren't reversible; the knockback will always be in the direction that your character is facing (or in the opposite direction if the trajectory has been set to hit backwards).

MaxThunder

PM Support
ah... thanks... though now i'm stuck again...(i had kinda hoped they had a chance to create articles by doing something wierd...)...

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
You're better off just messing around with the program and posting any questions you come across.
-DD
Dude. I have so many questions it's not even funny. If I were to post all of my questions, the post would be as long as the guide (if I double space it). Well, first off, I want to change what CF's side smash does. I want to change it to an explosion and make it a bit more powerful.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
just not sucking at reading the guide? It's pretty simple. I don't get how you're having problems.

than create a hitbox that does fire damage. make a graphic effect. edit the offsets so they're in the right spot (z and x offsets are switched for graphics_ make it have a high KBG.

make sure it's bone 0.

viola.

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
just not sucking at reading the guide? It's pretty simple. I don't get how you're having problems.

than create a hitbox that does fire damage. make a graphic effect. edit the offsets so they're in the right spot (z and x offsets are switched for graphics_ make it have a high KBG.

make sure it's bone 0.

viola.
See? Right there. It's THAT mumbo jumbo that I don't understand. I'm a VERY slow person. I don't really get anything unless I have step-by-step instructions... but I'll try it. Thanks.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
This may seem random, but is there any way to increase the time that GeckoOS tries to read a disc for? ><

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Ok. I TRIED to understand it, but I have no idea what to do first. I mean, I get how to start making a hitbox, but that's because all you have to do is click ONE button. After that, I have no idea what to do.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
ummm...well let's just say you want the explosion at the same time as the normal hitboxes for his fsmash.

you put an offensive collision in the place (like in the main part, where the other "offensive" collisions are) where the others are. You edit the damage, base knockback, knockback growth, what bone it's attached to (bone 0 is the best sine it will match up with the graphics), etc. basically the properties of the hitbox. in the flags section, change the last number to 5 to make if fire hit effect. make the size something bigger than 0, and then edit the offsets.

EDIT: you might have to copy the hitbox a couple times in the same offsets and stuff.... for some reason with only one hitbox it's hard to hit with it.

y offset is how far up or down it is.

x offset is how far to the left or right it is.

z offset is how deep or in front it is. (like, the way that brawl characters can't travel)

now, for graphics. Add a beginning timer before it so the graphic shows up at the same time as the hitbox.

look in the guide for the graphic number for an explosion. set it to bone 0, and edit the offsets to the same place as the hitbox is. make sure it's not size 0. but just so you know, don't really go over size 2. the graphics increase in size in a very steep scale. (THE HITBOX SIZE DOES NOT INCREASE IN SIZE AS INSANELY)

NOTE: the z and x offsets are switched for some reason for graphics.

meaning, in graphis, that parameter that says "z offset" is really the x offset, and vice versa. y offset is normal.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
...My Wii is dead. It can't read discs at all now.
I'll be releasing Kari's final version soon, because I can no longer do any work on her,

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
ummm...well let's just say you want the explosion at the same time as the normal hitboxes for his fsmash.

you put an offensive collision in the place (like in the main part, where the other "offensive" collisions are) where the others are. You edit the damage, base knockback, knockback growth, what bone it's attached to (bone 0 is the best sine it will match up with the graphics), etc. basically the properties of the hitbox. in the flags section, change the last number to 5 to make if fire hit effect. make the size something bigger than 0, and then edit the offsets.

EDIT: you might have to copy the hitbox a couple times in the same offsets and stuff.... for some reason with only one hitbox it's hard to hit with it.

y offset is how far up or down it is.

x offset is how far to the left or right it is.

z offset is how deep or in front it is. (like, the way that brawl characters can't travel)

now, for graphics. Add a beginning timer before it so the graphic shows up at the same time as the hitbox.

look in the guide for the graphic number for an explosion. set it to bone 0, and edit the offsets to the same place as the hitbox is. make sure it's not size 0. but just so you know, don't really go over size 2. the graphics increase in size in a very steep scale. (THE HITBOX SIZE DOES NOT INCREASE IN SIZE AS INSANELY)

NOTE: the z and x offsets are switched for some reason for graphics.

meaning, in graphis, that parameter that says "z offset" is really the x offset, and vice versa. y offset is normal.
Alright. I did all of that. Now all I need to know is what to save it as and to where.

MaxThunder

PM Support
...it goes the same place as textures... if you dont know that, its in these folders on the sd card: private/wii/app/RSBE(if your pal its RSBP)/pf/fighter/captain

and call it FitCaptain.pac

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Omg... OMG... I actually did my first (although not complete, since all I did was change the speed and add that explosion) moveset change! Thank you, Sage!!! :D

the0person0of03

Smash Rookie
ALRIGHT JOOZ GEYES, I AVE A KESCHUN!
No, seriosly, I have a question.
My question is...
How long does the "PK Starstorm" Sound effect last?
I'm working towards a slightly more effective set of special moves for Ness.
I mean really.
Special=LONG AS SUPERCALIFRAGALISTICESPIALIDOCIOUS PROJECTILE
>/<Special=Projectile that only works if it directly hits
^Special=Projectile that you have to work at to get vertical momentum
\/Special=Crappy projectile absorbtion with wind
I MEAN REALLY

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
ALRIGHT JOOZ GEYES, I AVE A KESCHUN!
No, seriosly, I have a question.
My question is...
How long does the "PK Starstorm" Sound effect last?
I'm working towards a slightly more effective set of special moves for Ness.
I mean really.
Special=LONG AS SUPERCALIFRAGALISTICESPIALIDOCIOUS PROJECTILE
>/<Special=Projectile that only works if it directly hits
^Special=Projectile that you have to work at to get vertical momentum
\/Special=Crappy projectile absorbtion with wind
I MEAN REALLY
I do not understand your question at all. Rephrase it. Without the annoying, excess words.

Xpwnage123

Smash Cadet
I'm making a Ganondorf and so fars so good, but I have a few problems. I replaced his Side B with his 2nd Victoy animation and it used to cancel his momentum in the air. Now it doesn't but after he's done with it he freezes. His down b also has a problem, i was trying to make it so he can't use it in the air at all. This worked, but it causes him to keep falling (i replaced his down b with his fall animation) but you can't use an attack out of it, and he lands heavily, causing no damage. the problems are hard to describe so I have an image of what i did with the specials, and a video showing what happens.

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb103/xpwnage123/?action=view&current=Helpforganonspecials.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEyTrVxtJCA

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
I also have a question. I try to make explosions on CF's up smash, but they won't appear, even when I hit someone. BTW, the size is 2. What am I doing wrong?

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
I believe I found a "dice roll" event in PSA. Meaning, an event that rolls a dice with a specified number of sides, and if it rolls a 1, it performs an action (that's the best I can describe it).

It's an If block. Use the second If block on the list of events. Set the Requirement parameter to 2B. Then, change the Variable parameter to a Value parameter, and put in a number (this is how many sides the dice has). Example: setting a dice with 4 sides means it has a 1-in-4 chance of happening. If you set a dice with 1.5 sides, that makes it have a 2-in-3 chance of happening.

I'm sure someone can find a good use for this...

(By the way, I found this by looking at the sound effects for Jigglypuff's smash attacks. They all have a 1-in-2 chance of making a certain sound effect.)
that's got Yoshimitsu's (Soul Calibur4) possesion move or whatever its called written all over it lol.

Top Bottom