• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
K well that Failed.
Anyone else have an idea at how to make an attack reflect?
This.
Also, I'm having a lot of trouble with this, how can I give a charecter's attack a wind effect, and how can I determine the area the land covers?
Also, where can I find the characters taunt animations.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
This.
Also, I'm having a lot of trouble with this, how can I give a charecter's attack a wind effect, and how can I determine the area the land covers?

on the front page is a list of hit effects (make sure you're not looking at graphic effects). although I don't think we know wind yet. :(

determine hitbox size is determine by size and the offsets, I think. You edit those somehow to increase/decrease the hitbox.

taunts are usually around 1B(something) is to 1C0 ish.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
heheheh... but its true... and it is until they get money for it... and then i think it turns illegal...

they're not bad at it...

and they're really good, they're just considered "amateurs" in the business world, because they don't get paid. if they were paid, they would most likely be called "professionals"

(Actually probably not since that would be illegal...hehe)

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Okay so I tried making a custom down special for pikachu.
I changed the animatio to his up taunt.
I replaced the gfx/sound fx with his up tuant's.
I tried making a 3 damage loop with no knockback. For some reason, the game froze, but continued playing fd music with the loop of electric sound effects.
Anyone know how to set a correct 3 damage loop for those who touch him during this attack?

MaxThunder

PM Support
they're not bad at it...

and they're really good, they're just considered "amateurs" in the business world, because they don't get paid. if they were paid, they would most likely be called "professionals"

(Actually probably not since that would be illegal...hehe)
that was kinda my point...

Revven

FrankerZ
This.
Wind isn't an effect, it's controlled by how you set up KB. I'm pretty sure it's either 0 BKB and 100 KBG or 100 BKB and 0 KBG. Play around with either value. As far as the area, that is determined by how big the hitbox is... duh.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I was gonna start editing pit and I wanted his Neutral b to shoot multiple arrows. Like 3 come out at the same time instead of just 1. is that possible? if so how would I go about doing it? I havent the slightest clue.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
So if I wanted to have wind cover the entire screen, as in Rachel from Blazblue, how big would I set it to?
And what variables do I change to set its direction?

MaxThunder

PM Support
Hey guys, I was gonna start editing pit and I wanted his Neutral b to shoot multiple arrows. Like 3 come out at the same time instead of just 1. is that possible? if so how would I go about doing it? I havent the slightest clue.
... what about... copy the generate article thingy as many times as you want to have arrows...

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Doing that might just put three arrows on top of each other. Try having one Generate Article, then a Timer set to a frame or two, then another Generate, etc.

Taunts are the "Appeal" actions.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
--- PAL USER ---

Hello I have a problem :S

My problem is that all sounds are disabled as long as I dont hit with them (Its different for any attack, some also dont make any sound when they hit).

I'm coding an own Snake.

The problem lies not in the pac (Tried the original) and not in the codeset (Tried another [it works for a friend] + It works when I don't use any pac).

So any idea what the problem is ? (Maybe my gecko OS is wrong ???)

Here two videos in which you can see my problem (+ my cool Snake xD ... Texture Hack also by me (Gray Fox))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY3VO8uwZH4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOvHVrW4xUY
Your .PAC must be missing the Low Voice Clip: actions under SFX, check to see.
Hm well, but how can I fix it ?

For the info - I downloaded the MeowMix rar file. And when I use the original Snake pac I also loose the sounds.
OK I tested it now with other pacs (From other users) and they all miss some sound files when I use a pac on my SD Card. When I fight without the pac then all sounds are included.

So what could it be ?

PAL / NTSC Problem ?

Wrong Codeset ?

My Gecko isnt right ? (I have 1.9.0.1)

Doval

Smash Lord
Also, trancendent priority seems the first digit of the flag of a hitbox:
X_______
3= transcendent priority, 2= normal priority.
This doesn't seem to be the case. Fox's jabs have hitboxes with flags that start with 3, but they still clank. I'm almost sure it's something in the flags, but that digit doesn't seem to be the right one.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
hm... uh okies then. Ill mess around with it later.
Still currently trying to get teh gfx to work for my invisible sword.

henpen924

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps its a special prop property. Notice how all of the reflecting moves (well at least the ones i can thing of right now) get put away after its used? Like ness's bat, and fox's reflector....

EDIT:
Also, see that top line on ness's f smash?

I bet that the bat has special relector properties, not included in the tag.

But if thats wrong, I noticed that boths of the flags for the reflectors, (ness bat, and fox D_B), have and 8 as the second to last digit, and a double.
XXXYYX8X
XXXZZX8X

Doval

Smash Lord
I've been trying to play around with it but for some reason sometimes Ness's F-smash refuses to change. For example, I tried turning off the hit boxes and they were still there. I tried changing the animation to his f-tilt to see if it was actually the bat or not, but the animation didn't change. Likewise I tried setting Ness's jab to his F-smash animation, but it was still the jab.

Revven

FrankerZ
Doval, did you write down the animation name? 'Cause if all you did was copy and past the hitboxes... that's wrong. You have to get rid of the old animation name and put in the animation name for Fsmash.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Perhaps its a special prop property. Notice how all of the reflecting moves (well at least the ones i can thing of right now) get put away after its used? Like ness's bat, and fox's reflector....

EDIT:
Also, see that top line on ness's f smash?

I bet that the bat has special relector properties, not included in the tag.

But if thats wrong, I noticed that boths of the flags for the reflectors, (ness bat, and fox D_B), have and 8 as the second to last digit, and a double.
XXXYYX8X
XXXZZX8X
Ness's bat can reflect, IIRC it always has been able to.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
I took a shortcut. I just took the offensive and defensive collisions from mario's cape and used those. It worked. only problem is, it only reflects when it gets to the body, the "flip" effect doesnt reflect.

Sushi21

Smash Apprentice
@leafbarrett
I think I saw a list earlier, but I can't find it. For me, 3 was fire and 4 was electric, and I'm guessing ice is 5.

MBmoney

Smash Cadet
Yeah I got a question.

Is it possible to increase the amount of Pikmin Olimar can have at once? I'm not even sure where to look for changing that but imagine a Pikmin army of 50, lol.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
I have a problem thats quite annoying. Im editing my sonic, and sonic doesnt have an Ftilt that can be angled downwards correct? but for some weird reason, even though I left it alone(never touched the subaction), I do the input for a Downward tilt, and he goes into the "T" stance. So then I changed the animation name to the same one that my other Ftilts have (upwards and straight), and it still goes into the "T" stance.
Any Idea how to fix this?

and is there anyway to generate the raygun shot but without the gun?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I think I have the graphic effect for ice, or at least the one that the ICs have.
I'm gonna check now.

EDIT: Character specific... crap.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
OK I tested it now with other pacs (From other users) and they all miss some sound files when I use a pac on my SD Card. When I fight without the pac then all sounds are included.

So what could it be ?

PAL / NTSC Problem ?

Wrong Codeset ?

My Gecko isnt right ? (I have 1.9.0.1)
That was the Problem, I will now using NTSC Brawl :psycho:

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
Just clarifying here but to assign a elemental attack to an effect i would open the move window and then change the graphic effect to XXXXXXYY with X remaining the same and YY being the value of the effect?

D

Deleted member

Yeah I got a question.

Is it possible to increase the amount of Pikmin Olimar can have at once? I'm not even sure where to look for changing that but imagine a Pikmin army of 50, lol.
yes that is possible

under his specials, go to 112. you will see an Else followed by Change Sub Action = 1CF
turn the 1CF into 1CE.

this is kinda a crude fix. still gotta find a way to adjust the actual limit

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Just clarifying here but to assign a elemental attack to an effect i would open the move window and then change the graphic effect to XXXXXXYY with X remaining the same and YY being the value of the effect?
Sort of. Find the hitbox to modify, go to Flags, and edit the last two digits.

XXXXXXYZ - Attack
XXXXXXAB - Effect

Add Y and A, replace Z with B.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
has any one figured out how to change a smash attack animation(start, charge, and finish, and angle). i'm currently trying to change falcons Fsmash to his ftilt. so i copied the ftilt data(main and gfx) and put in attackS4(assuming that is side smash since attackS3 is tilt). and it freezes cuz the charge and start are for his regular fsmash. how would i put the ftilt "start and charge" data in there??
the name should be the exact name of the ftilt, not AttackS4. the game specifically calls on certain names to do certain moves.
that had very little reference to my question. i was asking has anyone figured out how to replace a charge and start animation for a smash attack using an animation that doesn't already have a chrage and start animation, like a jab or tilt.
i wanna replace falcon's fsmash with his ftilt(that acts like a smash attack)

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
Sort of. Find the hitbox to modify, go to Flags, and edit the last two digits.

XXXXXXYZ - Attack
XXXXXXAB - Effect

Add Y and A, replace Z with B.
So A is the first digit of the Attack and B is the second

for example Marth's tipper Fair to be electrical
3A830682 would become
3A830603

and the number beside "offensive collisiion"
06000D00 would become
06000D0B

....Where does the Y come from in your example?

(Thx in advance for the n00b help)

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Alright big big question! if this is possilbe, ill be the happiest doode eva. even though I doubt that it is..

Is it possilbe.... to take the flying animation from sonics Final smash and change it into his run so that he'd be hovering/flying right above the ground for his run instead of actually running?

D

Deleted member

probably
just copy everything in "main" from sonics final smash over to whatever you want

Wander

Smash Journeyman
So A is the first digit of the Attack and B is the second

for example Marth's tipper Fair to be electrical
3A830682 would become
3A830603

and the number beside "offensive collisiion"
06000D00 would become
06000D0B

....Where does the Y come from in your example?

(Thx in advance for the n00b help)
No. The last two digits of Marth's fair are 82, right? And the value for an electric hit is 03. You have to add the first digit of each value together (8) and replace the second digit in the attack with the second digit in the effect (3). So the new last two digits would be 83.

Another example: if the last two digits of the attack were 41 and you wanted to give it an effect with a value of 15, the new last two digits would be 55. Add the first two, swap the second two.

YZ
AB
becomes
[Y+A]B

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
that had very little reference to my question. i was asking has anyone figured out how to replace a charge and start animation for a smash attack using an animation that doesn't already have a chrage and start animation, like a jab or tilt.
i wanna replace falcon's fsmash with his ftilt(that acts like a smash attack)
you just change the animation like everything else you do
the charging effect (the yellow flashes) should still be there even if you change the animation, if all you do is change the animation that it is

EDIT:
@leafbarrett
I think I saw a list earlier, but I can't find it. For me, 3 was fire and 4 was electric, and I'm guessing ice is 5.
This. Need it for my next character.
I need it for my Kari moveset. Ice Punch.
This? And 5 is slash.
I think I have the graphic effect for ice, or at least the one that the ICs have.
I'm gonna check now.

EDIT: Character specific... crap.
there's a list in Magus' quote on the front page

03 Electric
04 Ice
05 Flame

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
probably
just copy everything in "main" from sonics final smash over to whatever you want
Alrighty, ill try and place it on run and see what happens.

Edit: w-wait, what you mean by "main"? sry ima lil slow today.

Edit: oh nvm. . . >_>

Another edit: so wait, theres 4, Finalstart, FinalAirstart, Finalend, Finalairend.
which of those 4 would contain that movement? o.o or would it be under the "special" tab

Top Bottom