• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wander

Smash Journeyman
The sparks from an electric attack or the red from a fire attack are graphics, but they're a result of the attack's attribute. "Visual effects" are purely cosmetic, like the dust that kicks up when you dash or the sparkles that spin around you when you use a healing item. The two value lists are completely separate.

Durncha8325

Smash Rookie
I've got almost all of this stuff down. One thing I'm confused about, is how to give a character more than the normal 2 jumps. Like WTFalcon, and stuff.

If anyone could give me an answer that'd be great!

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
K I toyed around with the shooting raygun thing, and yet my character still freezes. Here's the code I have to make him shoot it.

Timer: time= 240000 intervals
Generate item: 0-2C
Change SubAction: Subaction=15D

I'm trying to figure out what the rest of the code can be so it makes him put away the gun(as in making it disappear) after he shoots it once. In case you're wondering, the character i'm using is sonic.

Last time im posting this since I really need to know.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
K I toyed around with the shooting raygun thing, and yet my character still freezes. Here's the code I have to make him shoot it.

Timer: time= 240000 intervals
Generate item: 0-2C
Change SubAction: Subaction=15D

I'm trying to figure out what the rest of the code can be so it makes him put away the gun(as in making it disappear) after he shoots it once. In case you're wondering, the character i'm using is sonic.

Last time im posting this since I really need to know.
Try "Terminate Collissions:"

That might work.
Oh, and i think that its Generate Article, but im most likely wrong.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
Try "Terminate Collissions:"

That might work.
Oh, and i think that its Generate Article, but im most likely wrong.
Nah I think generate article loads items that the character has. like Fox would load his gun if you put in the right value thing. but you cant load something from another character and put it on someone else.

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
I have a problem thats quite annoying. Im editing my sonic, and sonic doesnt have an Ftilt that can be angled downwards correct? but for some weird reason, even though I left it alone(never touched the subaction), I do the input for a Downward tilt, and he goes into the "T" stance. So then I changed the animation name to the same one that my other Ftilts have (upwards and straight), and it still goes into the "T" stance.
Any Idea how to fix this?

and is there anyway to generate the raygun shot but without the gun?
Anyone know how to fix that and if its possilbe to get that shot? :confused:

Durncha8325

Smash Rookie
I have another question. I was wondering, if it is possible to make it so:

When Ike uses his Side Special, once he hits them, instead of one HUGE hit, he does A-A-A jab.

If so, please explain how.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
you just change the animation like everything else you do
the charging effect (the yellow flashes) should still be there even if you change the animation, if all you do is change the animation that it is
yeah i got the actual smash attack animation down but with a move that has no start and hold phase, what do you put there? is there a way to make it so there is no start and hold phase? assigning them to none just makes a t stance

SSBBVeteran

Smash Rookie
Can someone please help me? I am trying to use the custom .pacs using the USB loader and wiiscrubber, but whenever I put in the .pacs, nothing changes when I go to play the game. I am now going to try loading the .pacs off of an sd card with the gecko os thing, but if anyone has any suggestions as to why it doesnt work with the usb, I would love to hear them!

B3Brawler

Smash Apprentice
No. The last two digits of Marth's fair are 82, right? And the value for an electric hit is 03. You have to add the first digit of each value together (8) and replace the second digit in the attack with the second digit in the effect (3). So the new last two digits would be 83.

Another example: if the last two digits of the attack were 41 and you wanted to give it an effect with a value of 15, the new last two digits would be 55. Add the first two, swap the second two.

YZ
AB
becomes
[Y+A]B
K I finally get it. Thx man.

Further questioning: I seem to remember phantom wings saying something about being able to assign more than one effect to a texture (I.e. having a flame and electricity effect attached to the same hit box. Is this possible? Has anybody tried it? Was I tripping acid?

Revven

FrankerZ
K I finally get it. Thx man.

Further questioning: I seem to remember phantom wings saying something about being able to assign more than one effect to a texture (I.e. having a flame and electricity effect attached to the same hit box. Is this possible? Has anybody tried it? Was I tripping acid?
You weren't tripping acid my good friend.

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv335/NaughtyGhostGuy/Ganon/al_090905_22101binout.jpg

Post where the pic was: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8043828&postcount=76

Be amazed.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Is there a way to change Ness' upb to be like Lucario's?
And how do I change Pk Fire animations? I wanna do a Pk water! XD

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm having problems with the program.

I didn't really understand the program very well in the first place, so I was trying to do whatever I could to just fool around and see if I could pull something off to maybe figure out what I was doing.

I did a little fooling around, and tried to put a "Cool vortex Circle thing" effect on Link's crouch ("Squat"). I also tried putting "Lightning" on Link's "RunBrake". Of course, I had been fooling around a little with the program beforehand, so it's possible I messed up something in the process, but not anything that I recall.

I put the .pac on the SD card and tried it out...but when I started the match, no effects were on his crouch or his animation for stopping while running. The one thing I DID notice was that when Link landed, rather than going into his landing animation, he walked forward a little bit before suddenly going back to where he had landed. My tag stayed in the same exact place throughout, but Link walked forward a little bit. I tested it, and it was physically Link moving, because attacks made contact with the place in which it looked like he was, but nothing made contact with the place below the tag. Also, any button input or damage that Link took immediately stopped this extra walking animation.
It also occurred when I landed and crouched as I landed, but Link just leaned forward slightly rather than walking.

I'm sure I did something terribly wrong, but I'm really not sure what it was...I'm not really sure how I'm to add effects, since that clearly didn't work, and I'm not sure what caused this odd landing effect. It feels like I must've swapped his walking animation with his crouching animation but I didn't do so purposefully.

I hope someone understands what I did wrong, and thanks for any help ahead of time.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
I'm having problems with the program.

I didn't really understand the program very well in the first place, so I was trying to do whatever I could to just fool around and see if I could pull something off to maybe figure out what I was doing.

I did a little fooling around, and tried to put a "Cool vortex Circle thing" effect on Link's crouch ("Squat"). I also tried putting "Lightning" on Link's "RunBrake". Of course, I had been fooling around a little with the program beforehand, so it's possible I messed up something in the process, but not anything that I recall.

I put the .pac on the SD card and tried it out...but when I started the match, no effects were on his crouch or his animation for stopping while running. The one thing I DID notice was that when Link landed, rather than going into his landing animation, he walked forward a little bit before suddenly going back to where he had landed. My tag stayed in the same exact place throughout, but Link walked forward a little bit. I tested it, and it was physically Link moving, because attacks made contact with the place in which it looked like he was, but nothing made contact with the place below the tag. Also, any button input or damage that Link took immediately stopped this extra walking animation.
It also occurred when I landed and crouched as I landed, but Link just leaned forward slightly rather than walking.

I'm sure I did something terribly wrong, but I'm really not sure what it was...I'm not really sure how I'm to add effects, since that clearly didn't work, and I'm not sure what caused this odd landing effect. It feels like I must've swapped his walking animation with his crouching animation but I didn't do so purposefully.

I hope someone understands what I did wrong, and thanks for any help ahead of time.
for the part where you tried to added the graphics effects, did you have GFX selected? also, did you make the size not "0"? check those for the graphic effects, but i really don't know about the walking forward after you jump

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
yeah i got the actual smash attack animation down but with a move that has no start and hold phase, what do you put there? is there a way to make it so there is no start and hold phase? assigning them to none just makes a t stance
you'll have to find some animation that look cool while doing that
try maybe using a taunt (lol) or worst of all, just the standing animation

Is there a way to change Ness' upb to be like Lucario's?
And how do I change Pk Fire animations? I wanna do a Pk water! XD
PK water won't work yet, since we can't edit projectiles

MBmoney

Smash Cadet
yes that is possible

under his specials, go to 112. you will see an Else followed by Change Sub Action = 1CF
turn the 1CF into 1CE.

this is kinda a crude fix. still gotta find a way to adjust the actual limit
yeah after working with this the results we got were that Olimar can constantly be pulling pikmin out of the ground, but every time he goes past 6, another disappears. So you can constantly pick them, but 6 is still the limit, and if I pull more than 6 and they just disappear. Further testing with it just got Olimar frozen in the plucking animation.

Any help?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Matching Snake's frame data with PSA, 60,000 = 1 frame, not 30,000.

His dash attack hits first on frame 5~, while if 30,000 was indeed a frame; his dash attack would be hitting after frame 8.

(240,000 - stuff starts. This is 'frame 4' but the hitboxes are created a small amount of time later (assumed frame 5). If your guide was correct, stuff starts on frame 8 and the first hitbox would come after. An impossibility. =] )

60,000 matches up just fine.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
If anyone gets any leads as to what determines where to send teleportating characters and how...lemme know. Day 2 is over t.t;
-DD

CountKaiser

Smash Lord
I don't think anyone else said this.

I figured out grab ranges to an extent

The grab, dash grab, and pivot grab are the catch, catchdash, and catchturn subactions respectively. They start on 6C. On a catch collision bubble

Parameter 0 = Grabbox id
Parameter 1 = The bone the grabbox is attached to
Parameter 2 = Grabbox size
Parameter 4 = Y-offset
Parameter 5 = X-offset

Also, I don't think grabs are drawn as perfect circles, since Setting params 4 and 5 to 0 While making the size ridonculous never allowed someone to grab a person they weren't facing.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I don't think anyone else said this.

I figured out grab ranges to an extent

The grab, dash grab, and pivot grab are the catch, catchdash, and catchturn subactions respectively. They start on 6C. On a catch collision bubble

Parameter 0 = Grabbox id
Parameter 1 = The bone the grabbox is attached to
Parameter 2 = Grabbox size
Parameter 4 = Y-offset
Parameter 5 = X-offset

Also, I don't think grabs are drawn as perfect circles, since Setting params 4 and 5 to 0 While making the size ridonculous never allowed someone to grab a person they weren't facing.
No, they are not perfect circles.
and THANK. YOUUUUUUUU!

Mecha Soul

Smash Apprentice
Great guide and an amazing tool, i've been playing around with it a good amount in the past day or two but I've got a question.

How do you "combine" animations with this?

For example, phoenix mario's side B (?) - the triple kick thing. How do you make an attack use multiple animations like this? i tried opening up pmario's .pac but the animation for his side B's subaction was set to none, so i'm not really sure.

i'm trying to make captain falcon's side B grab onto people like his up B, but i'm not sure how to make the animation work. I tried changing his SpecialS (the hit portion of his side B), but I could either change it to the animation where he grabs them, or the animation where he flips off of them - not both.

can someone give me a quick word of advice here?

henpen924

Smash Apprentice
How do you add "auto charge" too moves? Liek Gannons Up tilt. I want to do that with falcons. I think you just have to increase the time interval on the sub actions, but won't the animation just end first? How would you extend the animation?

Also, I tried to make lucario N_B his down smash, with various effects. In the Air it would be his ANA, with more effects. I copied all the data (Name, Main, GFX, SFX, Other) from both of them, and put it in 1CE and 1CF. Then I change the actual action, 112. I made it look like this mainly cause I'm not good with actions.

I basically made it so that when the animation ends, he will go to stance (if on ground), and when it ends he will (hopefully) go to falling. Everything loaded up correctly, but right when I pressed B, it froze. It didn't play that dreaded beeping noise, it still had the FD music in the background. Any help is much appriciated.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Btw, Impale 2 for attack effects is not impaling (like I thought it was). it's actually donkey kong's side b effect. But you probably already knew that so,yeah. :(

D

Deleted member

the attack effect list is quite old, and everybody just takes it for granted. :p

Top Bottom