• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
I guess this code allows you to use codes from vBrawl snapshots. That means: You execute vBrawl, go to the snapshots and there you go...

@hdrevolution123: BBrawl already exists for PAL, buddy =)
Here you go
Someone told me that BBrawl for PAL is not the same as BBrawl for NTSC and the NTSC one, called genesis version, is the better one. Why did he say that? Is the latest for NTSC the same as the latest for PAL?

And wanna brawl?

Rapax

Smash Apprentice
Someone told me that BBrawl for PAL is not the same as BBrawl for NTSC and the NTSC one, called genesis version, is the better one. Why did he say that? Is the latest for NTSC the same as the latest for PAL?

And wanna brawl?
I think i can remember that there are slight differences. But you won't recognize them, except you look for them. For example: In NTSC Hanenbow is replaced with Wifi-Trainingroom, in PAL not. But who cares^^ The mainpoints are here.

Of course, i would want brawl, but sadly i'm in my office xD
I just have nothing to do now, so i can surf in the internet. I will be at home, earliest at 17:50 MESZ or something in that way... I think it would be better if we brawl on the weekend, if you want ;)

herof time

Smash Rookie
Just thought I'd pop in the complain about the lack of File Replacement 3.x; any kind of file replacement allowing us to play our own music.

GreatFalco

Smash Apprentice
I feel like nobody care about PAL since two or three months.
Not only we haven't got File Replacement 3.x or the last nightly build (correct me if I'm wrong), but also these codes have already been ported to NTSC-J (File Replacement recently, but the last nightly was ported like one or two days after it was released). Neither some other minor codes such as CSS fixes and colored shields , whick make visual effects feel Brawl more plus, have been ported.

I hate whining, but waiting is hopeless without any progress.

Rapax

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but it's ok. I don't need to exchange the music and textures do work fine. So, i see there no problem.

I can wait.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I recall finding a video on Youtube which enabled you to play Random Wi-Fi with multiple players from one Wii, but the codes listed were in NTSC form. Was it ever ported?

Purely out of curiousity, how exactly are the PAL and NTSC versions different? And how do you design these codes in the first place? It all looks like a random series of numbers and letters if you ask me. :(

weinzey

Smash Apprentice
does anybody know when paprika killer will be back?
maybe someone could help him with the pal update, since with the current set being here to stay there is probably less work to do (wild guess). also, i assume that for changing the .pac id's u dont need access to a pal wii, right?

Wario_man

Smash Cadet
I hope he comes back, soon. When I saw the latest build was up I deleted all the codes and textures off of my SD only to find that the codes I just downloaded didn't work >_>

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
Is there a file replacement PAL code for just textures?

Also, how do I do things like edit attacks? Like, say I want to make MK's Dsmash or SL less powerful. How would I do that on PAL?
File replacement 2.1 works fine with textures for PAL. It doesn't do much else though. It's hard being PAL sometimes but we'll persevere.

To alter attack values, there's always PSA.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Per request this thread has been stuck, but I'd like to see something of a sticky clean up in here.
That being said, all of the stuck threads look like they're very necessary (The Wii update thread could probably be unstuck soon).

If you guys have any suggestions, PM them to me :)

:056:

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Well i'm still waiting for the new Nightly to be ported to PAL. It's been some days now and still no porter has done it. Even NTSC-J has the new nightly ported now and we're still stuck on 4.1. We don't even have the new File Replacement Code which allows us to play music and stuff like that. =/

V-K

Smash Ace
We don´t even have buffer modifier, which is imo the most important code right now :urg:

ShadyGT

Smash Cadet
What kind of process is it to port stuff to PAL anyway?
This is how i did it with the Roy Codeset a while ago, but dunno if this works with every other build.

Take a NTSC codeset in txt and the same codeset in PAL (maybe 4.1)
Open them with winmerge or a similar app.
Now check the same codes in both txtfiles, for example "Jump/Grav Values".

Code:
Jump/Grav Values Pal
065AAFC0 000000E0 
0025CB60 0114F440
02687580 0325EB40

Jump/Grav Values NTSC
065A9200 000000E0
0025CB60 0114F440
02687580 0325EB40

Take a look at the first line of both codes, they should be a little different.
But if u look at the second or third line, the numbers(?) should be the same (in most cases).

Code:
Jump/Grav Values Pal
065AAFC0 000000E0 (different, so dont change it)
0025CB60 0114F440 (the same, so it can  be changed)
02687580 0325EB40 (the same, so it can  be changed)
If u checked the whole code u will see, they are almost the same except for the first line or somethimes some more.

So u just have to find out witch lines can be changed and replace them with maybe the lines from B+5.0.

Im still a noob so i dunno if it works with 4.1 to 5.0 porting too, i just know it wokred with the Roy codesset and it wasnt that hard.
Maybe it was just luck that the Roy build worked ^^"

Ryccardo

Smash Rookie
I'm a newbie at Brawl+, and I have the following problem:

I made a custom GCT with only the "Infinite Replay (3 line version)" and "Tags in Replay" codes.

However, when I press B on the Wiimote nothing happens, whether the "B for Replay" appears or not!

I run the game in Italian, could this be affecting something?

Here are my codes:
Allow Replays Longer Than Three Minutes
040ED354 60000000
Tags in Replays
0404BE7C 38A00000

I recall finding a video on Youtube which enabled you to play Random Wi-Fi with multiple players from one Wii, but the codes listed were in NTSC form. Was it
ever ported?
for FFA
4A000000 9018ED64
38000000 00FF1000
10000000 0000000C
Must Be Host. You must also start the Waiting Room before someone else joins (like having someone join your game instead of you joining theirs). Sometimes when 3 other players join you at once you need to drop out and rejoin again. Also note that you must join with a right player order.

Teams
4A000000 9018ED64
38000000 00FF1100
10000000 0000000C
Works without being the host, but the same rule applies for starting the Waiting Room before others join (have them join while you are in the waiting room). Note that there is no rule saying that you and your friend will be on the same team when joining multiplayer, and as usual it takes more time to join multiplayer fights than basic brawl. Also note that you must join with a right player order.

Enjoy!

D

Deleted member

wow this thread is still alive?

kind of busy with college so (just like the PSA guide) I can't really update this right now. I'll see if I have time in the weekend for it.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Paprika... sorry to be a pain, but any chance you could maybe try and do the music hack as well? In your own time though

D

Deleted member

MK26 that would be impossible since I then would make the code, not port it. which would ofcourse still take a ton of time.

the problem with the file replacement code(s) is that they are a bunch of random writes, and unlike something specific like the hitbox mod, I can't really search well to the right adresses and values.

weinzey

Smash Apprentice
the file replacement code seems rather unimportant to me. first priority should be the rc, especially since time is scarce. then there's still other important stuff, like handicap=buffer and stage size modifications. stuff that affects gameplay should always have priority over cosmetic changes.

btw, rc on weekend would be awesome. thanks a lot.

D

Deleted member

does anyone have a source for the PAL .pac files? I'm gonna need that.

basvhout

Smash Apprentice
I downloaded an effect for math called glowing blade. But it's not PAL so Marth makes no sounds...

"Moveset F.A.Q
Q : I've loaded movesets and everything is working but there are no sound effects.
A: You have put a PAL moveset on an NTSC console or vice versa - the sound effects are named differently between regions and won't work on a Wii of a different region."

Is it possible to tranform it to PAL or is there the same effect for a PAL version?

weinzey

Smash Apprentice
that's probably the most useless code ever ;)

btw, pk, how's the work on the rc-port goin?

Top Bottom