• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2008-2009 School Year Discussion

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Well, I love school. I can't wait to start back up again after Labor Day. I only get one more year of it until I'm out in the real world (excluding the prospect of grad school), so no complaints here from me. Hay que aprovecharla, after all. Being in school is fantastic. Think about it, never again will you be surrounded by so many other people your own age.

nakedsnake

Smash Journeyman
Well, I love school. I can't wait to start back up again after Labor Day. I only get one more year of it until I'm out in the real world (excluding the prospect of grad school), so no complaints here from me. Hay que aprovecharla, after all. Being in school is fantastic. Think about it, never again will you be surrounded by so many other people your own age.
I actually have mixed feelings about school I love the idea of meeting all my friends again but i dislike the fact that I actually have to start doing work.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
From what I hear from my sister, school is heaven compared to real life. And I really trust my sister, make no mistake. I'm gonna savor every moment of my childhood, wether it be school or summer break.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Physics, Precalc, Psychology of Adjustment, General Health, and World Lit for this semester

should be fairly engaging ;3

Oi Kyon

Smash Journeyman
English H, Chemistry H, World Civ H, Japanese 2, Algebra 2 [H?]. *sigh*
The only good thing about school is my friends, and playing children's card games at lunch even though we're all sophs. >___>

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Summer's boring. I'm glad school's starting. It will give me something to do other than post on random forum websites.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
This summer seemed exceptionally boring compared to the last one. I'm actually glad I'm starting after Labor Day.

Granted, school work sucks, but at least your friends are there to make it less crappy.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I'm looking forward to college sophomore year WAYYY more than I did any year of high school.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Im soooooooooooo glad im finished school forever.I was never academic.Ive got to many personal vendettas with the education system here.

^That sucks that there are no girls where you live McCloud.

What do you do!?

DEV64

Smash Apprentice
I actually have mixed feelings about school I love the idea of meeting all my friends again but i dislike the fact that I actually have to start doing work.
i feel the same the only other thing that sucks is that it means less tourneys:( also it sucks when u have to go to a new school with no one u know(like me:()

Galaxy

Smash Journeyman
I'm pissed off.

I don't mind going back to school it's no problem. But I am starting high school and accidental got signed up for the wrong high school and district won't change it for me so I'm stuck at a bad high school that I don't want to go to.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I hate it so much. I don't mind school itself, just the students. They really get to me. I'm starting High School this year, you see, and I hear that the students are the roughest and most immature during the freshmen year. That's what I've heard, anyways.

I agreed to work much harder in school this year, and start pushing myself, so I guess I'll just have to ignore them.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
I've already been going to school for a week. You guys are lucky. It sucks horribly, I've always REALLY hated school, but this year I'm going to a new school in Iowa, so I don't have anyone to talk to, which makes it even worse. College better be awesome. I'm really looking forward to it.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind school so much if I didn't hate the people I go with so much. I really dislike my school for so many reasons that the plus sides don't even matter, many say that summer is boring and that they're happy to see their friends again... I say that summer may be boring but it's still better than school where I'm completely miserable most of the time. It's not like I don't care about my friends, but I just don't think I'd wanna go to school and do classwork and listen to teachers and write notes and deal with idiots just to see them. =/

I start on September 2nd and I'm already dreading it, usually I have a little hope thinking "Maybe this year will be better! =D" but I've lost all hope this year...

bored

Smash Ace
I already went back to school. Like a week ago. I'm actually quite happy about it too.

Amide

Smash Lord
Some of you guys are actually excited for school? I don't like homework and boring stuff...

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love school. College is so much more engaging than High School ever was. You get to study almost exclusively what you want to. (Once you get those blasted electives out of the way!)

The more I go to school, the more I start to think I might wind up teaching as a profession. I don't know though... I do know that it will be hard to leave academia eventually if I have to...

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
Ugh... I've gotten summer work to complete before summer ended... I still got to read 3 books and finish a packet of math work before school starts!!!

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Summer's boring. I'm glad school's starting. It will give me something to do other than post on random forum websites.
This summer seemed exceptionally boring compared to the last one. I'm actually glad I'm starting after Labor Day.

Granted, school work sucks, but at least your friends are there to make it less crappy.
I already went back to school. Like a week ago. I'm actually quite happy about it too.
I have absolutely no idea how people can gain this mentality. I'm starting school tomorrow, I'll be in the final year, and I absolutely hate that place. I can sit at home and do absolutely nothing and still have more fun. Atleast I have a choice of what to do.
And people who say they want to see your friends again, why don't you see them in the summer holidays? Out of my close group of six friends, apart from 1 who lives a mile away, the rest all live over 6 miles away, and we still managed to meet up during the holidays loads. And all my other friends have this magical device called MSN.

Schools an absolute horrible place. I would love to be able to like it, but it does everything in it's power to make sure I don't.

I really dislike my school for so many reasons that the plus sides don't even matter, many say that summer is boring and that they're happy to see their friends again... I say that summer may be boring but it's still better than school where I'm completely miserable most of the time. It's not like I don't care about my friends, but I just don't think I'd wanna go to school and do classwork and listen to teachers and write notes and deal with idiots just to see them. =/

I start on September 2nd and I'm already dreading it, usually I have a little hope thinking "Maybe this year will be better! =D" but I've lost all hope this year...
This is basically what I'm saying, just more extreme.

EDIT:

What's worse is I didn't actually go there with a "Omg, I hate school!" attitude. I actually wanted to be an English teacher.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
And people who say they want to see your friends again, why don't you see them in the summer holidays? Out of my close group of six friends, apart from 1 who lives a mile away, the rest all live over 6 miles away, and we still managed to meet up during the holidays loads. And all my other friends have this magical device called MSN.
I do meet with a number of friends over the summer, but only the ones that live close to me or in my town. Even then, it's just not the same; at school, we are all about a couple minute's walk away from each other. We can meet up any time on any day (barring prior commitments). And then, what about friends that live 20 miles away? 30 miles away? 50? 100 miles? I sure as hell can't visit them regularly during the summer, but during school we might be down the hall, or a couple buildings apart, or a few minutes' walk apart.

MSN? Oh come on, actually hanging out with friends and chatting on MSN are two things so different, they should not be compared.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Then again it's a nice substitute, atleast we have the ability to talk to our friends instantly, it's either that or nothing at all.
Oh I know it's a great thing to have, I'm definitely not saying that online chatting is useless. I'm very thankful for it. I'm just saying it's not the same as physically hanging out with friends, and I would definitely not call it a substitute.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I actually don't really like talking to real life friends online, so over the summer I kinda stopped doing so and when I got a new AIM account I didn't add them or let them know. ^^;

The people I know in real life are always on a different page than I am. Another reason why I'm not looking forward to school...

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Whew there we go, first day back to school over.

After being singled out for forgetting my timetable, even though I was standing in a line with over half a dozen people who'd forgotten theirs, having two teachers come into my biology class full of people in the year below me to ask a few of them to go up into the Higher class, then tell them that I'm basically the class dunce and will be the only one here that will struggle with this work, and then finally get threatened to be thrown out by my guidance teacher because I don't have any Highers and I'm not going to uni, cause I'm only there to get grades, I remembered why I hate that disgusting place, and walked home at lunch.

And strangely I only had 1 period of work today, and it's the first day back. You should see what it's like when I'm half way through term and I have all 8 periods of work.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
It seems like I'm the only person who's in college but still hates school. It's my third year this year, and it has gotten no better than it was in my first. I definitely picked the wrong place. I like that it's highly ranked with academics, but I don't fit the social scene whatsoever.

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Also there are no girls where I live.
With you there.

I hate it so much. I don't mind school itself, just the students. They really get to me. I'm starting High School this year, you see, and I hear that the students are the roughest and most immature during the freshmen year. That's what I've heard, anyways.

I agreed to work much harder in school this year, and start pushing myself, so I guess I'll just have to ignore them.
First year in HS as well, I just hope I don't get killed there.

I also don't know anyone, which sucks.

Top Bottom