• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2008/09 NFL season/post season

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
Hope Vikings season doesn't end the way it did last year.
Or like the 2003 season, when the Vikings lost the final regular season game @Arizona, allowed a touchdown pass on a 4th and 25, with 0:04 seconds in the 4th quarter, that gave the Cardinals the win (18-17), and resulted in Green Bay winning the division? Remember that? :3

For the Bears to make it to the playoffs, they have two ways:

- Win @Houston, Minnesota lose to New York: 4th seed, NFC North Champs
- Win @Houston, Dallas and Tampa Bay both lose: 6th seed, Wildcart spot

The first choice seems to be their only chance in my perspective, seing as the Bucs won't lose at home against Cable's Raiders. It's very unlikely that Chicago makes it in, but you never know, the Vikings might just hurt themselves even more...

Feocart

Smash Apprentice
Romeo Crennel will finally be fired, at least my Browns aren't going to go 0-16. XD

I will be amazed if Denver, New York (Jets), Chicago, and Atlanta win their respective divisions.

Mike87

Smash Ace
Or like the 2003 season, when the Vik's lost the final regular season game @Arizona, allowed a touchdown pass on a 4th and goal, with 0:04 seconds in the 4th quarter, that gave the Cardinals the win, and allowed Green Bay to win the division? Remember that? :3

That was hilarious.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
This sport confuses me: why are all the players wearing all that padding? Real men don't need padding (see Rugby/ AFL)

Bailey

Smash Hero
Giants V. Vikings is gonna be a great game just like Carolina. I cannot wait to see Peterson attempt to run on the Giants and I can't wait for Earth, Wind and Fire to show him up. G-MEN

D

Deleted member

Most hilarious NFL moment: Saints were down 7 with 7 seconds to go on their own 20, if they won they'd be in the playoffs. Saints throw a pass and start a chain of laterals, they scored and the Saints radio station is going wild, John Carney steps onto the field to kick the extra point. He kicks and... WIDE RIGHT!!!! Saints lost 20-19.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
Earth is out.
Wind isn't gonna do as good as he did last week.
Fire does kick returns and the Giants did better when Hixon did KR's

AP is gonna run over the Giants. They gave 4 TD's to Williams last week and Westbrook f***** them up weeks ago

We held Turner to 70 yards even without Pat Williams last week

D

Deleted member

My Detroit, first team in NFL history to lose 16 games, I'm so proud

XACE-K

Smash Master
The Jets are killing me right now. The Pats didn't help and the Ravens probably won't either.

D

Deleted member

What a disgrace, San Diego is still alive while an 11-5 team has been eliminated, screw the stupid win your division gives you an automatic spot.

XACE-K

Smash Master
*sees the outcomes of the 3 games I was looking to see most*

Why do the football gods hate me?!?!

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
What a disgrace, San Diego is still alive while an 11-5 team has been eliminated, screw the stupid win your division gives you an automatic spot.
I so agree with this. Three games is alot in an NFL season. 8-8 gets in over an 11-5? C'mon that's just stupid. San Diego did beat New England earlier this year but that doesn't mean anything unless their is a tie.

Not only this but the possible scenerio of the Ravens not making the playoffs and the Chargers could have took place as well. If Baltimore would have lost and everyone else such as New England and the Jets would have won than Baltimore would have been on the outside looking in. Baltimore's 6 losses would have been to the Giants, Titans, Steelers twice, Colts and Jaguars. All these games except for Jacksonville were against top notch, hot teams this season. Not only this but half of these games would have been by 4 points or less. I'm so glad Baltimore made the playoffs because this would have been total bull****.

I hope Indy destroys San Diego.

D

Deleted member

I so agree with this. Three games is alot in an NFL season. 8-8 gets in over an 11-5? C'mon that's just stupid. San Diego did beat New England earlier this year but that doesn't mean anything unless their is a tie.

Not only this but the possible scenerio of the Ravens not making the playoffs and the Chargers could have took place as well. If Baltimore would have lost and everyone else such as New England and the Jets would have won than Baltimore would have been on the outside looking in. Baltimore's 6 losses would have been to the Giants, Titans, Steelers twice, Colts and Jaguars. All these games except for Jacksonville were against top notch, hot teams this season. Not only this but half of these games would have been by 4 points or less. I'm so glad Baltimore made the playoffs because this would have been total bull****.

I hope Indy destroys San Diego.
Yeah, I agree with everything you said, the NFL playoffs need to be reworked.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Yes! The Mang-idiot is out! Now all my Jets need are a new coaching staff and possibly a new QB (I have a feeling Favre will retire) and we should be better.

Arty

Smash Lord
Best game of the first round playoffs is Ind at SD.
Sigh. Why did the Dolphins have to win. Ravens at Patriots would have been much more interesting and competitive, instead of a Ravens 30-3 Blowout.

Top Bottom