• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2008/09 NFL season/post season

D

Deleted member

Detroit's guaranteed a losing season now!
Now with the 1st round pick we'll pick up a new wide reciever!

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Too early for SB predictions?

I think that the Giants are the best bet for the NFC. They have the same 11 starters on Offense from last year, and it shows. They've lost Strahan and are technically a younger Defense, but they're still performing. Justin Tuck is awesome.

As for the AFC, I think it'll be either the Jets or the Patriots. Cassel is coming into his own, and the Patriots are really coming together. The Jets always have a chance to win with Favre, and they seem to be solid on both sides of the ball. Jones/Washington are a good double threat running the ball, as well. I just don't think te Titans are as good as their record shows. They've had a few really easy teams, and overall their schedule doesn't seem that difficult.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
i agreed with u until i saw "Jets" lol but besides that everything is good >.>
;/

Everyone I tell this to laughs about it. I don't know...I think they have a good chance. Maybe it's just wishful thinking and my being a Favre fan makes me biased. :embarrass

The AFC East is completley up for grabs, and I really think they are one of the better divisions in Football, so faced with out of division opponents could be easier.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Too early for SB predictions?

I think that the Giants are the best bet for the NFC. They have the same 11 starters on Offense from last year, and it shows. They've lost Strahan and are technically a younger Defense, but they're still performing. Justin Tuck is awesome.

As for the AFC, I think it'll be either the Jets or the Patriots. Cassel is coming into his own, and the Patriots are really coming together. The Jets always have a chance to win with Favre, and they seem to be solid on both sides of the ball. Jones/Washington are a good double threat running the ball, as well. I just don't think te Titans are as good as their record shows. They've had a few really easy teams, and overall their schedule doesn't seem that difficult.
As much I'ld like to agree with you (especially with the Jets) I'm not too sure. The Giants are most likely right now for the NFC as for the AFC, most people will say Titans just because they're undefeated but I don't think so.

I have no clue who'll be in the SB but how about we do play-off predictions?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Odd, I'm not into football to much, and I never have.

But watching the game, I just feel like the titans don't have what it takes to win it.

I live in TN, so it might be like how you hear your own voice differently than everyone else, kinda?

XACE-K

Smash Master
All the hopes of the Jets fans arise when they beat the Rams? i mean come on its the rams....
I'm a Jets fan and I agree with this. We beat the Rams for crying out loud. Watch what happens on Thursday and then we'll know if the Jets are for real.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I'm a Jets fan and I agree with this. We beat the Rams for crying out loud. Watch what happens on Thursday and then we'll know if the Jets are for real.
The Jets are a much improved team this year. This upcoming game against New England is definatly going to be a test for them. A division lead would be nice because if the Colts, Chargers, Ravens, Bills, Patriots and Broncos start winning from here on out a helter skelter of a wildcard could occur.

Anyways here are my picks for week 11:

Patriots over Jets 23-13
Falcons over Broncos 31-24
Panthers over Lions 34-6
Eagles over Bengals 23-14
Bears over Packers 23-20 (OT)
Colts over Texans 26-17
Saints over Chiefs 34-16
Dolphins over Raiders 24-13
Giants over Ravens 21-17
Bucanners over Vikings 27-16
49ers over Rams 26-10
Cardinals over Seahawks 31-7
Titans over Jaguars 20-16
Steelers over Chargers 24-13
Redskins over Cowboys 23-16
Bills over Browns 23-17 (OT)

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Week 11
Jets over Pats 33-20
Falcons over Broncos 38-31
Eagles over Bengals 27-3
Bears over Packers 22-6
Colts over Texans 30-19
Saints over Chiefs 31-27
Dolphins over Raiders 21-9
Giants over Ravens 17-10
Bucs over Vikings 26-14
Panthers over Lions 23-17
49ers over Rams 21-20
Cardinals over Seahawks 31-13
Chargers over Steelers 20-14
Titans over Jags 44-13
Cowboys over Skins 24-10
Browns over Bills 23-20

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
Week 11 Pix
(I wanted to wait till Playbook airs *sadface*)

NY Jets- No Harrison, no Thomas, less problems for Favre and the running game
Atlanta- Denver's defense sucks terribly
Carolina- DeAngelo Williams is too good
Tampa Bay- TB has better secondary and a better quarterback
Philly- Westbrook is gonna ****
Chicago- Matt Forte could run over the GB Defense
Indianapolis- Peyton Manning is finally starting to get his **** together
New Orleans- Saints defense can shut down LJ
Miami- their effective running game will reduce the danger of throwing to Oakland Corners
Giants- Giants' O-Line > Raven's O-Line
San Francisco- Singletary and Hill have shown that they have potential
Arizona- Kurt Warner is too good
Tennessee- I wouldn't go against them unless they faced the Giants
Pittsburgh- Willie Parker is back and their line can give Roethlisberger enough time to throw the ball over a crappy SD pass D
Washington- They just got DeAngelo Hall, he will make Romo's day a lot harder
Buffalo- Brady Quinn might screw up badly

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
yo the jets rocked it last night, the pats got lucky with that last TD.
Not really. The Jets were just stupid on the last drive, letting them march down the field like that. Also was ridiculous that they didn't have Moss double covered on the last play of the game...with the game on the line.

Top Bottom