• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2008/09 NFL season/post season

D

Deleted member

Who do you guys think has the best shot of going winless? Detroit or Cincinnati?
I go for Cincinnati.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Who do you guys think has the best shot of going winless? Detroit or Cincinnati?
I go for Cincinnati.
The Lions for sure. On their schedule they've got to play Tennessee, Indy, Jacksonville, Green Bay, New Orleans, Carolina, Chicago and Minnesota.

Their only shot out of all these games is likely the Vikings due to almost beating them in Minnesota. The Lions haven't been blownout the last two games but I don't really think they'll beat these teams. In 2001 they had more close games it seemed like and that they could have snapped that 0-10 streak rather soon. This year it seems rather hopeless. To bad they don't play the Bengals for the final game of the year. That would be interesting to watch.....Maybe not.

Bengals might go winless as well. At first it appeared they may get some wins after making it close with the Giants and even Dallas but now they're just falling apart. Wouldn't suprise me if none of these two teams got a win the rest of the year.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
They both have hard schedules
unlike the Patriots who are 5-2 cuz of their easy a** schedule...

It's just my opinion that alot of sports are imbalanced because some teams hog all the good people like New England and Dallas while the crappier teams like Oakland make alot of coaching changes cuz the team is sucking. It's not always just the coach's fault, it's also because there's not alot of talent on that particular team.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
Detroit will beat somebody in the NFC North. It doesn't matter how good either team is (Chicago beating Green Bay twice last year?), if they're both NFC North teams, it will be a good game. It's just how that division works.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Week 9 Picks:

Bills over Jets 30-13
Bears over Lions 33-6
Jaguars over Bengals 27-16
Browns over Ravens 16-10 OT
Bucs over Chiefs 27-10
Texans over Vikings 17-13
Cardinals over Rams 20-16
Titans over Packers 31-20
Broncos over Dolphins 34-20
Giants over Cowboys 21-16
Falcons over Raiders 33-24
Eagles over Seahawks 28-17
Colts over Patriots 20-16
Steelers over Redskins 23-10

Hoping for a better week. I guess the Colts are the only underdog I'm picking this week.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
WEEK 9

Vikings over Texans
Ravens over Browns
Jags over Bengals
Bears over Lions
Titans over Packers
Cardinals over Rams
Bucs over Chiefs
Jets over Bills
Broncos over Dolphins
Falcons over Raiders
Giants over Cowboys
Eagles over Seahawks
Colts over Pats
Redskins over Steelers

JLynn943

Smash Ace
so angry right now. the packers had literally 5 opportunities to get interceptions, but screwed up each one of them. that game should have been ours.

D

Deleted member

Wow, Detroit can find any way to lose can't they?
First they lose by 2 points by running out of the back of the end zone
and now they blow 4th quarter leads! What's next Detroit?

XACE-K

Smash Master
Happy that my Jets won but it's really obvious that something's wrong with Favre.

And Bengals won. :O

~rh

Smash Lord
Man, Dallas needs to step their game up.

My Giants, 7-1 =]

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Wow, Detroit can find any way to lose can't they?
First they lose by 2 points by running out of the back of the end zone
and now they blow 4th quarter leads! What's next Detroit?
That's for sure. I was watching this game at home a little bit before half when the Lions were up 23-13. I was shocked they were leading but wasn't for the least bit thinking they were gonna win. Sure enough that was the case.

After following the Lions over the years it always seems to me they panic or something at the end. They can play strong at times and then at the end they either worry or something and blow it. Can't pinpoint the exact games this has happenend but here's a list:

December 3, 2006 against New England at Foxboro. Detroit was leading in the 4th Quarter and then their QB (I think Kitna) threw 2 Interceptions which allowed the Patriots to come back.

Allowed Dallas to come back at home last year in the final minute. Romo threw a touchdown pass.

Against the Vikings this year Minnesota scored in the final 60 seconds to beat Detroit

Against the Packers in week 2 this season the Lions climbed out of a big deficit to take a 25-24 lead just to give up 24 points in like 8 minutes in the 4th.

And then today allowing the Bears to come back. (At least they didn't get shalacked)

Alright enough with Detroit. Wondering what teams are gonna make the playoffs. Halfway through the year and their are alot of teams with close records around 500 with the exception of a few (Titans, Giants, Patriots, Steelers, Redskins) Who gets in? Who will get hot at the end? Dallas was looking great at first but now their on the fence. What about Atlanta? December's gonna be interesting to watch.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i hate being from detroit and loving football....cuz we're just so bad.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
The Giants are playing good this year. They definately are playoff bound as long as no key injuries take place.

Mike87

Smash Ace
Man Chad Penningtion is clutch, I've seen so many times whre the Dolphins would just fold when the pressure is on but not this year, they are not going to give up.
And they have the easiest remaining schedule while they are one game back from taking the AFCE, this is going to be an exciting half a season.

I thought they'd win 5-7 games this year but I highly doubt, they'd fall apart now.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
WEEK 10
Broncos over Brown
Ravens over Texans
Lions over Jags
Packers over Vikings
Jets over Rams
Bills over Pats
Titans over Bears
Saints over Falcons
Dolphins over Seahawks
Panthers over Raiders
Steelers over Colts
Chargers over Chiefs
Eagles over Giants
Cardinals over 49ers

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Week 10 Picks.

Broncos over Browns 24-13
Falcons over Saints 27-20 (OT)
Titans over Bears 29-16
Jaguars over Lions 27-17
Texans over Ravens 23-17 (OT)
Dolphins over Seahawks 24-10
Packers over Vikings 20-16
Bills over Patriots 27-20
Jets over Rams 31-10
Panthers over Raiders 30-10
Steelers over Colts 26-10
Chargers over Chiefs 17-6
Eagles over Giants 34-31 (OT)
Cardinals over 49ers 39-16

That's right 3 games this week are going into OT.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
Week 10 pix (with reasons because I'm bored)

Denver- hard choice for me. Brady Quinn could mess up, even though he might not due to a bad Bronco D
Baltimore- Good Defense vs an injured Matt Schaub.. sounds one sided
Atlanta- Saints have a bad secondary and Ryan's been doing good lately
Tennessee- Orton could be out and Tennessee's defense is too good
Jacksonville- could be close but I think they will do better than last week
Miami- still no Hasselbeck for Seattle. I wonder why Pennington didn't do good with the Jets, he's good
Green Bay- they beat Minnesota how many times in a row? They have a good secondary and are one of the tops in takeaways
New England- another tough choice, Bills are in a slump but NE lost Harrison.
NY Jets- their D will carry them in case Favre messes up (again)
Carolina- releasing DeAngelo Hall could make things easier for the passing game
Pittsburgh- a refreshed Willie Parker will run over the Colt's 32nd rank run defense. And there's also the Steeler's defense.
San Diego- comin off a bye week and facing a team with no LJ and bad passing D
NY Giants- Giants may be able to slow down Westbrook and pressure McNabb to make mistakes
Arizona- we still don't know how good Singletary is as a coach

XACE-K

Smash Master
Jets, f*** yeah!

Even though it was the Rams, whenever I read the newspaper for the bets on this game, most people said the Rams would win. Well they didn't and I laugh at all the people who said they would win.

Top Bottom