• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2008/09 NFL season/post season

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
westbrook needs to find a new team

eagles suck in their division. they have nothing but suckiness and playoff chokes.

did i forget OBNOXIOUS FANS...**** eagles fans

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
I'm not really a football fan (even though I played it in high school), but I am loling at the Patriots. Especially after their performance last year...

Things can turn around pretty quickly I guess.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
lol Eagles vs Bengals in OT
Wow a tie. This doesn't happen often. I guess I'd view it more as a win for both the Eagles and the Bengals because their in different conferences so a wildcard between the two wouldn't matter. Unfortunately though the Eagles are somewhat out of the playoff picture unless they run the table and it doesn't matter for Cinncinnati because they're playoff hopes went out the window a long time ago. At least the tie doesn't hurt Philly just in case they end up with the same amount of wins as the 6th seed and the other team doesn't tie.

Example:

Bucs 11-5-0
Eagles 11-4-1. (Eagles get in).

I bet the lions would at least wish for a tie.

On a final note the leaders of the NFC North are all tied for the 8th spot in the NFC. I hope one ends up with a record that is in the top 6 for the conference. That would suck if a team like Washington, Dallas or Tampa missed out of the playoffs if any of their records were better by 2-3 games. It is what it is though I guess. Imagine if Detroit would have took away a win from Chicago and then have beaten Minny and Green Bay. Then there would have been a three way tie for 1st with a 4-6 record. Was in a way kinda close to happening with Detroit almost beating Chicago and Minnesota on the road and then taking the lead in the 4th quarter at home against Green Bay before screwing up like always.

Mike87

Smash Ace
yo the jets rocked it last night, the pats got lucky with that last TD.

Luck? I hate the Pats but that catch was pure skill, also Mangina was stupid enough to employ the Prevent(the worst kind of defensive formation known to man) with a minute left in the game.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
Luck? I hate the Pats but that catch was pure skill, also Mangina was stupid enough to employ the Prevent(the worst kind of defensive formation known to man) with a minute left in the game.
lawl Mangina
My hate for the Pats actually diminished cuz of the Brady injury

does anyone know what's with someone changing all the thread titles to have "let's talk about" in the beginning, it sounds really gay

AREL0E

Smash Apprentice
Niners i dont care if they suck. Born and raised on them so yeah. Go for first round DRAFT.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Week 12 NFL Predictions:

Steelers over Bengals 27-10
Eagles over Ravens 16-9
Browns over Texans 24-21 OT
Bucs over Lions 20-10
Jaguars over Vikings 23-16
Bills over Chiefs 23-16
Dolphins over Patriots 27-24 OT
Bears over Rams 14-10
Titans over Jets 30-21
Raiders over Broncos 20-17
Falcons over Panthers 26-14
Cardinals over Giants 27-25
Redskins over Seahawks 30-3
Colts over Chargers 20-0
Saints over Packers 29-20.

49ers over Cowboys 21-20.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Week 12
Steelers over Bengals
Pats over Dolphins
Browns over Texans
Bucs over Lions
Vikings over Jags
Bears over Rams
Cowboys over 49ers
Ravens over Eagles
Titans over Jets
Chiefs over Bills
Broncos over Raiders
Skins over Seahawks
Falcons over Panthers
Cardinals over Giants (this game's gonna be GOOD)
Colts over Chargers
Saints over Packers

Peeze

Smash Master
I hope the Cards win only becase Kurt Warner's my fantasy QB and this is a divisional game and there's playoff hopes riding on this game.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I'm picking Arizona to win only because like I've mentioned in previous posts they always find a way to win a home against teams that are currently hot coming into their stadium. When Dallas and Buffalo came to the desert earlier this year the Cardinals had won and both Dallas and Buffalo could have been at the time considered one of the best teams in the NFL.

Then again you could make the argument Dallas and Buffalo weren't that good because they have fallen apart and Arizona was the first to play them on their downturns. The Giants will not spiral down like Dallas and Buffalo had. If any team in the NFC is going to beat Arizona in Arizona it will the New York.

Ironically though if this game would have been in New York I would have easily picked the Giants because:

1.) They are the home team and the more talanted team
2.) Arizona lost badly to the Jets in the Meadowlands earlier this year with a score like 55-37
3.) West teams suck playing in the East this season for some reason. Ironically the Raiders with a 2-7 record have made their games out East close (against Buffalo 23-24, against the Jets 13-16 OT and at Miami 15-17.)

Realistically the Giants are more talanted but based on Arizona's home performances I'm going to go with them. The game should be close unless one of them playing hot.

JLynn943

Smash Ace
I hope the Cards win only becase Kurt Warner's my fantasy QB and this is a divisional game and there's playoff hopes riding on this game.
this

I think the Cardinals might be in trouble though. Warner is a patient quarterback, which has been known to backfire when the defense can get through the o-line like the Giants' defense can.

This week is rough for my fantasy team since almost all my players are facing good defenses.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
You know what, I haven't look into NFL in a while due to my states team being garbage and all. The only thing that get my intrest is the Super Bowl, then again that should get everyone's attantion, lol.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
You know what, I haven't look into NFL in a while due to my states team being garbage and all. The only thing that get my intrest is the Super Bowl, then again that should get everyone's attantion, lol.

FAIRWEATHER FAN!!!!111111 :embarrass:embarrass

JLynn943

Smash Ace

You know it's bad when I could guess what state you were referring to without looking at your location.

I hope the Lions win this year. They've got a decent offense and could take a team by surprise if they're motivated enough.

I just hope that team isn't the Packers lol

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
You know it's bad when I could guess what state you were referring to without looking at your location.

I hope the Lions win this year. They've got a decent offense and could take a team by surprise if they're motivated enough.

I just hope that team isn't the Packers lol

It won't be Green Bay by a long shot.

The Lions haven't won in Lambeau since 1992.

Proud_Smash_N00b

Smash Ace
The Jets beat the Titans lol

I'm voting for the NFL Allstars but idk who I should vote for for offensive linemen, linebackers, safeties, kickers, punters, kick returners, and fullbacks. Who do you think are the best in each group?

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I told u Giants wud win.

and FB's Madison ****ing Hedgecock
You were right. I believed Arizona might have stood a chance due to their winning steak at home but the Giants were good enough to pull through, in fact more than good enough. I went for quite a few upsets this week and the only one that occured was Oakland.

Mike87

Smash Ace
****ing Patriots, how the hell does Randy Moss not get flagged for Offensive PI, but Andre Goodman does?

How the **** does Sam Aiken not get flagged for holding on that play by Welker?

****ing refs.

Also, anyone who pulls someone's hair in a fight is a 12 yearold girl, thats you Matt Light.

Top Bottom