• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: MELEE-FC Diamond: Pools and CANDY in first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nite

Smash Champion
I know this is just for fun, but we need some marth mains. Where are you guys? Because everyone of them main Peach, lol. (Just saying, everyone is welcome to play if they want)

B-ryan, Cactuar, Mew2King?

Then we'd have:
1. Aho
2. Keta
3. Nite
4. Chillin
5. B-ryan
6. Cactuar
7. M2K

Edit- Randizzle and Overswarm?

Edit- Forgot and Queen, Lee, John Wu, Juke?

Edit again- There are a lot of Marths. I like Drephen's, lol

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I know this is just for fun, but we need some marth mains. Where are you guys? Because everyone of them main Peach, lol. (Just saying, everyone is welcome to play if they want)

B-ryan, Cactuar, Mew2King?

Then we'd have:
1. Aho
2. Keta
3. Nite
4. Chillin
5. B-ryan
6. Cactuar
7. M2K

Edit- Randizzle and Overswarm?

Edit- Forgot and Queen, Lee, John Wu, Juke?

Edit again- There are a lot of Marths. I like Drephen's, lol

I play Marth and am good at Marth vs. Peach (and would be able to handle the peaches on that list), but I am not a Marth main in the sense that I use Marth more than anyone else.

Kel would be a good Marth to add to that, he is going to FC and is a pretty good Marth main.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
hmm...well

Before I was thinking just Marth versus Peach, because for me, as a Peach player, that is one of my favorite matchups (in terms of how interesting it is, not in terms of me being good at it).

But...now I realize this could actually be way more interesting than I previously thought, so with that in mind, and with 256 people going to this tournament, maybe we could make this a big after midnight friendly featuring 5 differant characters, and instead of 10 people, make it 15, since I'm pretty sure we can get 15 for each character in the top 5.

So,
15 Peaches
15 Foxes
15 Marths
15 Falcos
15 Sheiks

1 non-player coach who will be responsable for organizing each team and will making the final decisions about who to send in for each round. Each person will have 4 stock. If 15 people is to many then we'll lower it to 10, but I want non-uber people to also participate, because they require a lil extra strategy in terms of when to put them in and such.

I'll volunteer myself as captain of the Peaches.

EDIT: just realize a 15 person crew battle with 5 crews wll take forever.

So, I'm only doing Marth and Peach. Someone else can organize a battle between other characters if they want.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Xelic and Smiles both need to be on the peach team.

Smiles huh? Hmm...seems Captain Alaska and Camper Bob may not be the only ones I need to worry about in my pool...:ohwell:

And on the subject of those character crew battles...DJ Combo mains Marth, and is really really good...does that count? [/volunteering Nate for stuff >_>]

Overswarm

is laughing at you
hmm...well

Before I was thinking just Marth versus Peach, because for me, as a Peach player, that is one of my favorite matchups (in terms of how interesting it is, not in terms of me being good at it).

But...now I realize this could actually be way more interesting than I previously thought, so with that in mind, and with 256 people going to this tournament, maybe we could make this a big after midnight friendly featuring 5 differant characters, and instead of 10 people, make it 15, since I'm pretty sure we can get 15 for each character in the top 5.

So,
15 Peaches
15 Foxes
15 Marths
15 Falcos
15 Sheiks

1 non-player coach who will be responsable for organizing each team and will making the final decisions about who to send in for each round. Each person will have 4 stock. If 15 people is to many then we'll lower it to 10, but I want non-uber people to also participate, because they require a lil extra strategy in terms of when to put them in and such.

I'll volunteer myself as captain of the Peaches.

EDIT: just realize a 15 person crew battle with 5 crews wll take forever.

So, I'm only doing Marth and Peach. Someone else can organize a battle between other characters if they want.

Pretty good idea. AZ, you want to make this a side tourney? $1 or $5 per player to join in, the winning crew splits the winnings amongst themselves evenly (if it is okay with the Kishes).

I call a spot in the Fox group! XD

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
It's only gotta be mains for each character.

So...I might as well keep a running list. Hopefully it'll be the 10 best peaches in attendance versus the 10 best Marths...but if not whatever.

Peachs:
1. Cort
2. Vidjo
3. Xif
4. DaretoDream
5. DoH

Marths:
(none so far)
Man, nobody ever lists me as a player ever.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
AZ, you just got in waaaaay over your head. ^_^

Maybe we should just set this up at FC? (I still call a spot on the Fox team)

viperboy_74

Smash Master
Can't forget about Forward, Chops, and Mathos. I'm sure we could find 10 Falcos.
lol, i just came back to edit, and futher thinking about it, when i saw this post:

1. pc chris
2. shiz
3. dope
4. shiz
5. nite
6. me
7. forward
8. lambchops
9. mathos
10. ??
(falcos are randomly listed, not in order of who i think's better)**

vs. any 10 foxes :D

Nite

Smash Champion
Sensei would be good. Looks like a solid Falco team to me.

TJ, you put shiz in your list twice.

ViciousMistress

Smash Rookie
Could someone please email me my pool for me? If someone could do that I'd really appreciate it! i dont have microsoft excel so i can't see my pool or anything else. If someone could email me my pool. Or if there is another way to see it without microsoft excel let me know.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Alright, F it lets do this things full force. Now I'm only gonna set up things for the top 5 characters, being Marth, Fox, Falco, Peach, Sheik. However, I think there should be other grudge character matches, maybe Mario versus Doc versus Luigi or Ganon's versus Falcon or Pichu versus Mewtwo or something along those lines.

I'll start puttng togehter what the Peach team should be barring that everyone should play. I didn't mention people (like you iggy) because I didn't know if you wanted to play. Like I can easily see some people (say...PC Chris, or Mew2King, basicly really good players who would be tired from Smashing all day long in serious matches) not wanting to play because of fatigue. However, if we wanna, with the Kishes support, make this some kinda official top and high tier character crew batttle, with the best player characters for each character participating, I'm all for it, actually I'm rather intrigued by the idea.

First thing to agree on though, because we can't do all 26 characters.

1) Top 5 okay? with two midnight after Smash settings I could see this working and being feasible
2) non-player coaches: I'm slowly starting to change my mind on the idea of coaching, but I think one criteria of them working in singles is that they be non-player and predisignated. Anyways, that is a totally differant subjust, but if no one objects and we can get 5 decent players who don't mind sitting out to coach and make executive desisions, then lets do it!
3) 10 players? 15? I want 15 to make sure we get a good depth, the play might water down a tiny bit toward the 10-15 player range but that just puts more weight on strategy. Plus, this is FC, the more partcipation the better, although obviously we'll have to make some...cuts...

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
ViciousMistress, you're with
Pool #32
1.Luigi Ka-Master
2.Smiles
3.Captain Alaska
4.mslano
5.ViciousMistress
6.The Great Ace
7.Vjgyo
8.Camper Bob