• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: MELEE-FC Diamond: Pools and CANDY in first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chillindude829

Smash Master
is the top 32 bracket single or double elimination

if double, do people still in winners get some kind of advantage in the round robin?

imo it should just be a regular 32 man bracket

edit: will torpedo ball be available this year? i took 19 stock in a 20 stock crew battle. with 4 of mine. im amazing

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Dude, if I had that kind of motivation I would've won the tournament. What were you doing with it?
I used all the siphoned motivation from Darkrain to play Torpedo Ball.

I regret nothing, except I never got to beat Chu Dat :mad:

chillindude829

Smash Master
so how is the round robin going to work? do the people still in winners get an advantage of some sort? there has to be at least one person still in winners even if you play the whole winner's bracket.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
==========ATTENTION==========
If anyone has changed their mind about entering FC, and already has a ticket, we have somone who would like to join our party...and buy that ticket.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(repeat)

i ain't gonna spam up this thread..so don't worry about me reposting that again (maybe 1 more time in a day or so)
but yea...

anyway...GG to everyone in my pool.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
==========ATTENTION==========
If anyone has changed their mind about entering FC, and already has a ticket, we have somone who would like to join our party...and buy that ticket.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(repeat)

i ain't gonna spam up this thread..so don't worry about me reposting that again (maybe 1 more time in a day or so)
but yea...

anyway...GG to everyone in my pool.
Did this post mindgame anyone else? I was like "WTF, that's backwards o_O"

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
yea...my brain doesn't move in the same direction as most people.
that may also explain why i can't remember jack **** about anything ever.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
yea...my brain doesn't move in the same direction as most people.
that may also explain why i can't remember jack **** about anything ever.
I was mindgamed due to that post being at the top of another page, and hten I click to go to the most recent and there it is again XD

D

Deleted member

Hardest pool - 4

Most interesting first pool match - Chillin vs. Crashman

Top 8 RR = top 8 players $$$ splitsies? Haha.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Word on the street is I snore like a mofo, so GGz people sleeping in the same room as me.

*Makes it a point to sleep in the same room as Drephen*

GGz @ any homosexual jokes that are made regarding the last line. >_>;

Pritch

Smash Lord
Someone always does that. Thanks Nite.

Also, some people think they have partners that don't. Supposedly there are two different teams with WoZ on them (Col Bol and OTRU), and JesusFreak/JonS/Pritch are all registered with people that aren't coming...

<_<
Whoa, whoa.....

Doraki's not coming? When did this happen? Would have been cool if he'd bothered to PM me or somthing. :dizzy:

Ummmm, guess I need a teammate.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Omni, wanna make our pool match a money match?

If either of us 2-0 the other, the winner gets 5 bucks?

Same to KeepSpeedN, or anyone else in my pool who wants to do that.

KishSquared

Smash Master
so how is the round robin going to work? do the people still in winners get an advantage of some sort? there has to be at least one person still in winners even if you play the whole winner's bracket.
A double-elimination bracket still has top eight players. Once you've secured yourself as a top 8 finalist, you don't play any more matches. That would be anyone who makes it to the final four of the winner's bracket, and the top 4 out of the rest in loser's bracket.

I know it'll be strange to try this format, but a RR is objectively the best way to determine the best player, so we want to give it a go. We tried this at the MW Circuit Championship, and it went over pretty well.

And splitsies will be tougher to pull off since checks are being mailed out two weeks after the event. Of course they could still happen, but I think people will be less inclined to trust someone than they were last year, when cash was distributed at the event and could be split on the spot.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
best first matches:

lambchops vs viperboy (making me wet already)

Mathos vs Queen (I just wanna see queen ownzing)

XIF vs Jiano, because XIF will shock the smashing world with his underdog victory.

the last 3 pools are for the most part hard just cause it has alot of evenly skilled players, but the pools with with the best players (read, first 10) will obviously be hard in certain respects.

araknophobik

Smash Master
OH has almost 40 people attending. It'd be impossible not to have some pools have two of them >_>

Every other state should be good though.
my pool has 2 NJ players in them
and im not one to john
but im not happy with them two playing each other toward the end =[

lol o man watty, ima be hitting up hugo for practice prior to this just for you

p.s. So is anybody else taking the 12.75 bus route thing from mdw to south bend thursday morning? hit me up so that way maybe we can roll in a group and not get lost =/

mathos

Smash Champion
best first matches:

XIF vs Jiano, because XIF will shock the smashing world with his underdog victory.

the last 3 pools are for the most part hard just cause it has alot of evenly skilled players, but the pools with with the best players (read, first 10) will obviously be hard in certain respects.
Silly XIF and his terrible trashtalk. I'm going to be excited when MW romps FL.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Haha, silly Mathos. You assume you'll actually be able to play well at this thing. Don't forget that hosts and staff members only really play at 40% of their maximum power levels at their events due to lack of sleep and stamina.

Black Hayate

Smash Lord
big C, i'll MM you $5. also if you lose, you'll have to run the fastest you can to the nearest McDs to get a big mac and eat it in less then 1 min. and if i lose i'll have to get a quarter pounder for you, how's that sound lol

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Haha, silly Mathos. You assume you'll actually be able to play well at this thing. Don't forget that hosts and staff members only really play at 40% of their maximum power levels at their events due to lack of sleep and stamina.
i vouch this statement

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
We live in the Midwest silly.

Closest one I know of is a 2 hour drive

You forget, it's all Stake and Shake here!

KishSquared

Smash Master
There's a Chipotle on Main Street now, next to Chick-Fil-A. 25 minute drive max.

Don't go there, though. It's not that good :/ Go to Hacienda instead, it's closer!

mathos

Smash Champion
So wait I was only playing at 40% when I wrecked Tink (twice) and Vidjo at CoK111? Oh Snap. I hope Queen won't feel bad then :)

viperboy_74

Smash Master

johnz :)

best first matches:

i agree, those will be the most exciting first pool matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom