• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: MELEE-FC Diamond: Pools and CANDY in first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Thats pretty interesting DJ Combo, sounds fun! I'll let you know if I find someone willing to team up with me for one and let you know =)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yea, those are the same as what we do.

We have never done it with more than 2 characters.

Also if were gonna do different kinds of MMs.

Silent Wolf and I would take $5(per team) 2 on 2 MMs.

2 on 2 is where team AB plays YZ. A plays Y and B plays Z in a 1 vs 1 match. Then if both members from team AB win, the MM is over. If A beats Y and B loses to Z, A and Z then must decide the outcome.
I will also see if someone wants to do this with me.

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Haha hellz yeah man, Hardcore Heaven > Anyone who posts in this forum no matter how much trash talk they have.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
All 5 members of Louisiana (cyph, lee, john, taylor, kyle) have $5 MMs w/ Doodah.
i'll hold that against him.
i also have $5 MMs w/ Eggz and Linguini
i believe i also have a wrestle/grapping match w/ ultimatepower. take your bets, n00blets.
possible Merci Match w/ chillin (nah, i ain't gonna do. chillin is too good)
taking more challenges of each above categories.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
All 5 members of Louisiana (cyph, lee, john, taylor, kyle) have $5 MMs w/ Doodah.
i'll hold that against him.
i also have $5 MMs w/ Eggz and Linguini
i believe i also have a wrestle/grapping match w/ ultimatepower. take your bets, n00blets.
possible Merci Match w/ chillin (nah, i ain't gonna do. chillin is too good)
taking more challenges of each above categories.
I will $5 MM you. 2/3 advanced slob picks?

Also sounds like occupation of a TV for just about no money.
How bout ppl dont do those unless for like 5$ per character

EDIT - I accept ur $1 mm doyoung

Eggz

Smash Hero
EDIT: Woah that (pre-edit post) was spam. Forgot this wasn't the WA thread.

Err...

Blackpanther and Flux, we've got 5$ fox ditto MMs right?

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
yayayauhz.

I don't recalling them having to be Fox ditto's though, that cool with you? I'm sure I'll more than likely use Fox in all/most of the matches anyways, but it doesn't necessarily have to be a ditto.

Same goes with our MM Silent Wolf.

All 5$ best 3/5

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Haha, they do those up there? I invented it around here, but it isn't exactly a unique concept. It's a mutated version of the Kishes Crew battles ^_^

Just in case you are mistaken...

An iron man is where two players pick X amount of characters, then play through those characters one by one. Once you win, you cannot change your character and keep the same amount of stock. The loser picks stage and character and starts with Y stock, continued until all characters are done.

Sometimes they are winner take all, sometimes they are $1 per character remaining.

Edit: I love $1 MMs. Bring it on!
I don't even know if they originated here or not, but the first "ironman" match I recall is Snex vs. Vidjogamer at FoBII. Snex was convinced Vidjo sucked so they had 25 dittos. Whoever won more matches bought the loser's dinner.

Tis a little different, and I think they go back further than that. There was a bit of an outcry because of how long it took up a TV then too. :p

4% APR

Smash Champion
Haha, they do those up there? I invented it around here, but it isn't exactly a unique concept. It's a mutated version of the Kishes Crew battles ^_^

Just in case you are mistaken...

An iron man is where two players pick X amount of characters, then play through those characters one by one. Once you win, you cannot change your character and keep the same amount of stock. The loser picks stage and character and starts with Y stock, continued until all characters are done.

Sometimes they are winner take all, sometimes they are $1 per character remaining.

Edit: I love $1 MMs. Bring it on!
sounds fun, but 26 would take forever, I'll do 10 if you want.

KishSquared

Smash Master
I'll probably be up for some $5 money matches, but I'm not foolish enough to plan any in advance. If I'm free, come challenge me!

Note: I won't be free very often :(

Overswarm

is laughing at you
The Midwest DID invent everything.

Also, Ironmans really don't take as long as you'd think.

The large 25 man iron man I plan on playing, if possible, with G-reg later at night, or very early in the day. I believe most people will be fine with us playing on a TV as long as it is late at night or very early, but if I think other people are going to go to their car for their pocketknives then G-reg and I will just write down where we are and come back later.

If it wasn't a church I'd get a bookie for people to take bets :p

and I've planned so many MMs that I am not going to plan anymore. I can barely keep track of them!

However, if you find me at the tournament, we'll go for it. I'll do just about any $1 MM there is :)

The Blackstar

Smash Journeyman
Also sounds like occupation of a TV for just about no money.
How bout ppl dont do those unless for like 5$ per character

EDIT - I accept ur $1 mm doyoung
How bout occupying a tv just for fun? Ya know? Friendlies? They're like money matches except without the money.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
How bout occupying a tv just for fun? Ya know? Friendlies? They're like money matches except without the money.

hahaha...

I think he was more concerned about lengthy ironman matches or long "best of 10" matches for low amounts of money.

Generally, when playing friendlies, the loser gets up and the winner stays and they play a best of three. This way there is a constant revolving of players, and anyone coming up can know (approximately) how long they'd have to wait for a TV.

Generally there are four or five people per TV doing singles, and there are still plenty of other people.

Kishes, how much room will there be for other TVs? It may be possible to just set up a little MM station over in the corner if people could bring enough TVs and people actually stick to the MMs they make in advance (never happens).

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
You can set up any extra TVs that you want. They may not all fit in the gym, but nothing wrong with finding other places!

We are going to set up an official friendlies zone for friendlies only!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom