• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 MLG Smash Series: MELEE-FC Diamond: Pools and CANDY in first post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cort

Apple Head
I think the only person posting anything actually negative was Trail.

And everything I've posted was in good fun. I mean there's talented players from every region coming. It's just the EC is going to **** them all and stuff.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Let's keep the negative sentiments down.

Once everyone arrives in person they are never jerks anyway. Internet misunderstandings tend to fade away, just like money matches that people made ahead of time.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I like how most of the EC is apparenty *******s. Don't be surprised if WC doesn't show at this one either, lol.
I guess being better at the game makes you right...
Or just seem like ******* and make people want to avoid you.
Whatever.
Chillin, 5$ Fox ditto MM?
I might take one of those Fox Dittos MMs. Find me at the tourney :)

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Maybe hold a bunch of oddball tournaments all at once, and let players choose?

Smash 64, low-tier tournament, FFA tournament, whatever?

Boo time constraints :(
We were originally going to do this, and may yet. We only have so much room for the 64 tourney (see the first post for requirements), so if there are volunteers to help run them I'm all for having a low-tier/FFA tournament on the side.

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
Ka master, you're gross lol. Why did you feel offended in anyway? It's true, any Luigi cept Azen's doesn't stand a chance against Chillin's Fox. It's not like Plank was making fun of you, I mean, it's CHILLIN'S FOX against LUIGI lol. If losing alot of money is your thing, then whatever man. I think if you really felt offended, you should of made a 50 dollar MM with Chillin's Fox to try to prove everyone wrong. Making a MM with Plank doesn't really make much sense, just show's how childish you are by taking offense to stupid things.

Ugh, I don't want to go into this, but w/e

1st of all, yes, I did ask plank for that MM because he offended me. XD @ what Forward said though.

Anyways, I don't consider myself to be a bad smasher. So when someone says something along the lines of, "LOOOOOOOL, you suck, you could never beat this person because he's God and you is n000b, LoLoLoL" I take offense to it, and not for childish reason. For me, I don't consider anyone completely unbeatable for all time. At least with the character I'm best with (which happens to be Luigi). I can understand why someone who does have that mindset wouldn't care about what plank said though.

Anyways, just to finish up...Chillin, $10 MM?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Maybe to you as well, Eggz! Find me at the tournament!

I saw the match of Eggz vs. SilentWolf and thought I'd go out of my way to play both your Foxes.

SilentWolf, you will more than likely get some extra $$$ after playing me in a Fox ditto. I am.... not the best at space animal dittos. I tend to play with the stereotypical Midwest camping style =D

I'm not rich either, and I've already got at least a potential $80 in MM (although the $25 Ironman MMs are almost certainly going to be less, as it is only $1 per remaining character to the victor). Depending on how long I can get G-reg to sit down and play early on, I may or may not cancel remaining ironmans (or shorten them to 3-6 characters), but I really want to all character SOMEBODY. Everyone else I've ever played forfeits halfway through ^_^

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Ugh, I don't want to go into this, but w/e

1st of all, yes, I did ask plank for that MM because he offended me. XD @ what Forward said though.

Anyways, I don't consider myself to be a bad smasher. So when someone says something along the lines of, "LOOOOOOOL, you suck, you could never beat this person because he's God and you is n000b, LoLoLoL" I take offense to it, and not for childish reason. For me, I don't consider anyone completely unbeatable for all time. At least with the character I'm best with (which happens to be Luigi). I can understand why someone who does have that mindset wouldn't care about what plank said though.

Nah, I'm not trying to say you're bad at all, I respect you as a good player actually. I remember talking about you with Lordknight at a smashfest last summer. We were talking about how you beat Fox players in your area or something, I can't quite remember. ANYWAYS, I just think you didn't need to take what Plank said seriously, he didn't say you suck or anything. He was just commenting on the whole "Luigi vs Chillin's" Fox view, but that's whatever now. I look forward to seeing the money matches ^_^ should be some intense stuff.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Silent wolf---

Who the **** would want to MM ICs XD
But Overswarm I gues I'll MM u. I don't rly like betting on fox dittos but w/e

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Eggz---

Nah NJ, I just have all of my money matches I can afford counted out into how many 10$ and how many 5$ ones I can afford </blatant lie>

I'll 10$ mm plank, since NJ pressured me into it/ cuz i want to. LoL

Smash Ace
anyone wanna do a ironman match like the one overswarm has vs me?

also, anyone wanna do some signed 1$ MMs?

prime, theres no link to MELEE Fc diamond

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
I'd be down for that Ironman thing, is it dittos? hows it work?

Edit: And those last 2 posts werent me, even though they say that.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I completly forgot who I have MM's with aside from a few.

Overswarm Iron man.
Chillin $5 fox-samus
Silent Wolf $5 Fox-samus
Gimpyfish $5 3/5
Poker
Chess
DDR
ummm I forgot the rest of my mm's lol so tell me if you have one with me >_>.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i didnt mean to offend anyone, i never really do. trashtalk is all in good fun.

as far as all the mm goes, im not going to go about and make a giant list, but just come up and ask me at the venue or if i recognize you, ill probably ask.

as for now, i leave everyone with one simple lesson in life:

never try to stop a random angry drunk guy from taking advantage of a girl, it'll leave you knocked out on the lawn.
go get some help instead

ha, man that sucked.

Nite

Smash Champion
Plank- D2.....yes.

Big D- How many characters? I'll do one with you because you are awesome.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
nite-however many is cool, but i think at least 5, otherwise its like not even worth it, and probably less than 10, cause then it'll take a while/my characters really start to drop off

Nite

Smash Champion
nite-however many is cool, but i think at least 5, otherwise its like not even worth it, and probably less than 10, cause then it'll take a while/my characters really start to drop off
Aight. I'm cool with 5. We'll talk more about it at the tournament. I'll try not to forget, but remind me anyways.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
DJ combo iron mans are played like crew battles with your different characters

and i want one with somebody for $5
Oh, we refer to those as 1 vs 1 Team Battle up here =D

Those are fun, I wouldn't mind MMing a few people in those.

Edit: We say 1 v 1 team battle though... just sayin xD

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
yyoooo, doyoung2win, I didn't know you were gonna be at FC!
wow, NJ smashers reppin' it >_>

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Haha, they do those up there? I invented it around here, but it isn't exactly a unique concept. It's a mutated version of the Kishes Crew battles ^_^

Just in case you are mistaken...

An iron man is where two players pick X amount of characters, then play through those characters one by one. Once you win, you cannot change your character and keep the same amount of stock. The loser picks stage and character and starts with Y stock, continued until all characters are done.

Sometimes they are winner take all, sometimes they are $1 per character remaining.

Edit: I love $1 MMs. Bring it on!

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Isn't the rule that the stages are random, but the loser can pick a stage if he gives the winner a chance to change his/her character? That's how it's done up here anyways, maybe it's different for where you're from. =P

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian, we have MMs! Peach vs Fox :).
Oh yeah!!! *writes down* How much was that for? 25c or something like that right? I am good with any amount though.

And Yeah doyoung2win. I accept.

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Yea, those are the same as what we do.

We have never done it with more than 2 characters.

Also if were gonna do different kinds of MMs.

Silent Wolf and I would take $5(per team) 2 on 2 MMs.

2 on 2 is where team AB plays YZ. A plays Y and B plays Z in a 1 vs 1 match. Then if both members from team AB win, the MM is over. If A beats Y and B loses to Z, A and Z then must decide the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom