• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20 years from now, do you still see yourself playing Smash?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
All that said though, it is still a valid thing to want to think you'll be doing things with yourself on a little more of a larger level by then. lol Still doesn't make adhering to a stereotype any less of a d-bag thing to do though.
You can be doing things on a higher level and still play video games. It's a hobby you can do in your free time or whatever, like some people would read in their free time or play sports in their free time or write in their free time.

and the owner that made the smash titles announce that this is the last one and he is done with the series.
Only one problem; he still could work on it, and even if he doesn't, as it's been said, if Nintendo doesn't keep up the Smash Bros series they'd be idiots. They'll make billions off of the franchise if they continue it.
Sakurai invented the idea and worked on all three titles but even if he doesn't want to continue the franchise, I don't think he has the rights to tell Nintendo they can't.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
You wouldn't swallow your pride and... some... other stuff... for billions of dollars?
Hell, no one even said he had to swallow.

But in response to the OP, I would still play, just not with the frequency I have been.

moonsoul

Smash Rookie
Hopefully but I imagine myself extremely busy in 20 years. Family, work, etc. I think I would still pop the game in but only once in a great while.

Ilex

Smash Ace
Wow, what a great example of an idiotic post. I guess gamers are incapable of being socially active, have friends and family or maintain jobs on a regular basis right?

Your acting as if people who play games at an older age can't have priorities. Some people who have nothing to go for may live this way, but games aren't simply something you must dedicate all of your time too. Odds are, the people who design these games are within the older ages, as well as play them.
You're*

I never said they are incapable, so don't put words in my mouth. I said chances are, which is true. If you think of the 40 or 50 year olds who play video games right now, there's always a chance that they have a life, but there's also a high chance they don't. Way to completely misinterpret what I said and vent over nothing.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Maybe once... after having a conversation with a friend about games we like, we'll plug it in and play it for one night, have good nostalgic fun... then turn it off and not touch it for seven more years.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It really depends. Heck, I don't even know if my systems will even work by that time. I'm surprized my SNES still hasn't crapped out on it. I'll probably be bogged down by too many soul numbing responsibilities by that time too. :laugh:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I see myself having less time for gaming as I go into colledge and get a job, but I'd go insane if I abandoned it. Most of my time will be spent on message boards and keeping in touch with the various communities, but when I decide I just want to relax I'll play smash. I'll probably always be speculating over what characters are to appear in the next installment.

When I become a senior, I see myself playing as much as I do right now. Not having to work, and my old bones won't mean a thing when it comes to gaming. I'll have a much happier retirement then any non-gamer, as I'll be doing exactly what I was doing back in my prime.

You're*

I never said they are incapable, so don't put words in my mouth. I said chances are, which is true. If you think of the 40 or 50 year olds who play video games right now, there's always a chance that they have a life, but there's also a high chance they don't. Way to completely misinterpret what I said and vent over nothing.
Way to change the context of what you said.

You're still reiterating that said stereotype was indeed highly likely. You can't make up for your ignorance.

Kiyosuki

Smash Journeyman
You can be doing things on a higher level and still play video games. It's a hobby you can do in your free time or whatever, like some people would read in their free time or play sports in their free time or write in their free time.
Of course you can. I'm just leveling with the guy a bit.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
No, I would have probably gotten bored, moved on by then.

Button mashing games might disappear, into mind control games.

Technology flies, bro.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
No.

Ill probably be playing Smash V.7 with my kids though, where theres 125 characters.

"When I was a Kid there was only 10 characters!"

Steelia

Smash Champion
Possibly.
Not.
Brawl's already losing my interest as it is, and Melee... I don't play very frequently just for the fact the roster's smaller and more unbalanced.
Melee wins with Mewtwo.
Brawl fails without Mewtwo.
It's because of him that I go back to Melee at all. Brawl would've been THAT much better with him, at least for me.

Possibly.
Not.
Brawl's already losing my interest as it is, and Melee... I don't play very frequently just for the fact the roster's smaller and more unbalanced.
Melee wins with Mewtwo.
Brawl fails without Mewtwo.
It's because of him that I go back to Melee at all. Brawl would've been THAT much better with him, at least for me.
Melee is more unbalanced? I hope you like playing Snake and Meta Knight all the time lol.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Way to change the context of what you said.

You're still reiterating that said stereotype was indeed highly likely. You can't make up for your ignorance.
Exactly this. The stereotype is just that, a stereotype, and stereotypes are stupid and usually wrong. Would you say a 40 or 50 year old playing sports would be some loser? Or someone reading at 40 or 50? It's just as much of a hobby then as it is now. Playing it a lot (as in, so much that it interferes with your job, family, social life, etc.) might be a sign of having no life, but most gamers are probably not stupid enough to do that. It's just the same stereotype you hear over and over again, someone plays video games in their spare time, so they're a loser. If they're over 20, they live in their mom's basement in addition.

I think I'm going to make sure my kids touch a gamecube controller within their first week of life.
GameCube? Bah.
...Well, yeah, that. But Sega Genesis and SNES first, for me anyways. As well as a Gameboy. I'm probably going to force games on my kids so much they'll not play them just to rebel.

KaosAssassin

Smash Apprentice
Probably not. Brawl gets really boring and I can't find myself playing for more than 20 minutes, and playing 64 or melee kinda makes me want to play brawl, so it's an endless cycle of boredom for me now. I have all 3 tho so I may play them casually in 20 years, but not as a competitive game

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Since I have ownership rights for the Wii over my two brothers (because I payed for most of it)...

HELL YEAH!!!

Me and my kids will play it. All the time.
Melee, Brawl, whatever.

Top Bottom