• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20 years from now, do you still see yourself playing Smash?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Probably.
I already know I'm gonna play it with my kids.

MetaRidleyX

Smash Apprentice
Yea I'd say I would. I mean, I pretty much grew up on Smash games, they are some of the games I've played most. So, hopefully in 20 years, I can pull out my N64 and the original Smash and it will still work. It would be awesome to play the original with my kids to show them the kind of games I grew up on.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
No. I'll move on since I'll be bored of video games way before then.

Although, how cool would it be to meet up with your old smash community 20 years from now and smash?

Spire

III
BRoomer
In 20 years I will be making Smash Bros.

I see myself taking a long break from video gaming, only to later return to my classics - the Nintendo 64 titles.

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
I doubt it. I have a feeling work is gonna take over my life.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
I'm 17 and i'm obsessed to video games...

20 Years? Yeah... Already decided to be in the video-games industries, probably re-buy a N64 and SSB, keep Gamecube, and the rest is obvious...

Meccs

@Meccs_
Yea I'd say I would. I mean, I pretty much grew up on Smash games, they are some of the games I've played most. So, hopefully in 20 years, I can pull out my N64 and the original Smash and it will still work. It would be awesome to play the original with my kids to show them the kind of games I grew up on.
exactly

10chars

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
Interesting replies, guys.

For me, I have the same reasons as you guys do: maybe. Maybe because I want to show my kids what games were some of my favorite growing up, and maybe not because work and radioactive ants will kill us all.

@Janitor: Kinda why I got inspired to start the thread. To meet up with the SWF community I know, lulz. And maybe the new pros that'll emerge over the years.

okiyama

Smash Ace
Probably not, once you get out of a college town or near one it's hard to keep competition and moving near a college town for smash would be crazy.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Well I'm only 21 now, so I have no idea what I'll be doing 20 years from now!
But Smash Brothers is my favorite game/series of all time. If I'm still playing any game, it'll be this one I guess...

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Probably.
I already know I'm gonna play it with my kids.
Same.

If anything, I just want to stay involved in the Game Industry, weather it be as a consumer or a designer or something.

But who knows?

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
No.
I might have no shame,but It;ll take some real revolutionary crap to make me play Smash when in 33.

The better question is,will people EVER stop playing Melee?

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
i'll still be playing videogames, thats for sure. But older games kinda bore me (the classics are cool, but otherwise not so much) so will i be playing smash? if theres a smash 5 or 6, cuz 4 will have gotten too old by then,

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
If they cut out original characters in favor of supposedly money-printing ones, then I'll stop playing smash altogether...

ArowYoshi

Smash Apprentice
Appalachian State University/ West Jefferson, NC
i was born when the NES got extreamly popular, so video games have been part of my life since i can remember (which is sad) but yeah i grew up with DUCK HUNT, LOZ, and MONSTER PARTY (my favorite NES game), so ill definately show my kids my "old games" before they ever lay a hand on the X-box 720 or PS6 or whatever nintendo comes up with later. the Wii and 64 will stay in top condition so i can keep playing smash 20 years from now.

ill probly be on E-Bay a lot. so i can get all that stuff

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
well maybe since by then I would taken my 10+ years off from playing video games, so probably I would just to remember the good ol' day, but I rather be making a new smash now, so by the time 20 years pass I would be playing my version of Smash Bros the way it was meant to be.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Barely, but if Midna gets in one of them (most likely will not happen), then I might reconsider playing the game for longer periods..

Puffy

Smash Cadet
No, I'll be to busy watching the news and drinking coffee.

I grew up on games, and ever since then, they have represented something as important as real life. Sure, i'm going to take care of my business, but games are more than just an activity to me, and that's something I want to share with the people I love, my friends, and in the future my children. Smash Bros. in general has paved a way into gaming no other series has. The competitive scene has even got me interested in series beyond smash. I love smash and games too much.

Gamer for life son.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
You can pretty much guarentee another smash game when The next nintendo system comes out.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I 'm one of the younger members here, and yes, I will. I hope to create a country on an island in the Bermuda Triangle called Marthtopia and all of the Marth mains will live there and train and then assault the rest of the world with our awesomeness.

cheap_josh

Smash Ace
Seriously? Twenty years from now... that's like 20 whole years. You know how long that is? That's like 7300 days. No, in 7300 days I will not be playing Smash. In 20 years there's probably going to be so much more stuff I won't even be thinking about it. I don't even play melee anymore and it's been a few months since Brawl came out.

Top Bottom