• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2.6 impressions so far

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Warioware got changed
Final Destination got changed
SSE Jungle got changed

^^Don't use old textures for these, it will desync

Norfair got changed
Battlefield got changed
Rumble Falls got changed

^^Go ahead and replace these with wutever textures you might have, because the changes made to these were aesthetic.

So sayeth Mewtwo2000, so you know that dude is probably right :p

~Frozen~

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Frozen491
3DS FC
3909-8017-8600
All I know for sure is that Battlefield has a new, more realistic background with an actual sunset instead of the bloody red shade it was before.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
just got back from playing with friends, i have to say i really underestimated this patch, since they said it was mostly balance i thought they hadn't done anything to the engine, but seriously every patch that comes feels better and more akin to melee, i'm very happy to see that the rumble effect was considered, falco and fox feel even better thanks to it.

Again, amazing patch, and MK is probably your greatest work in the art of balancing.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
That is correct. Startup is unchanged, movement speed of the fireball is unchanged, just faster interrupt point on Mario himself.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Can/Did you give/get a description for each or will I have to wait for the change log
Here's what he said
There's a few minor aesthetic tweaks in Rumble Falls, Norfair and Battlefield. The SSE Jungle stage has been reduced in size, the wind in Wario Ware has been removed and Final Destination has a collision edit. Only these 3 would desynch. I'll check out if there's any other change later to be sure.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
G^W throw animations and launches were cleaned up a bit to be trickier. Fthrow launches people from the behind hand of G^W towards forward direction.
did PMBR figure out how to edit release points on throws? I remember that being an issue before, or something like that.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
Lucas may not have whatever freeze, but if you SH and time the freeze perfect as you would land with it, he basically lands on the ground without any lag period. I don't remember that from 2.5, and the move range overall feels nerfed for SHing so maybe it's just nerfed overall.

I noticed a ton of new things for characters. G^W's new Bacon is terrifying if you ever get the huge food pieces: they stun like a monster and have huge damage numbers like 12-15% or something. You get 2 in a SH and 3 in a FH if you do Chef early in the jump, which I don't think is new but being able to still do this with these monster bacon chicken steak etc pieces is a bit frightening.

G^W throw animations and launches were cleaned up a bit to be trickier. Fthrow launches people from the behind hand of G^W towards forward direction. Bthrow is the only throw that sticks out from the others, and now the feet/hands don't give it away anymore if I'm seeing it right.

Ivysaur got so much, like too much love. The Side B startup reduction was a good idea, maybe not the end lag reduction though. She's going to be a very annoying wall for a few characters, more than Zelda, and that says something.

Snake new grenade lobs are cool I guess.

Ike's Nair is god. It feels just right at this moment I hope it stays that way it's heavenly.
Ike nair so stronk.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Editing release points on throws is easy. There's some issue with Melee having weight-dependent dynamic release points that we haven't been able to figure out yet, however. It does impact some chain grabs.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Many of the changes have thrown off my playstyle for certain characters, leaving me frustrated while playing them. Time will tell how I will adapt and how my opinions will mature, but I'm done playing around enough to give my first impressions:

Top of the list, of course, is Sonic. As much as I miss the doing his shenanigans, Down-B's nerfs seem reasonable. I actually stopped playing 2.5 Sonic after a couple months simply because it was no fun for anyone else. The only one I would argue against is the finite charge time, particularly since he lost all his options out of charge. It's even annoyingly short, and has no perceptible change while charging to indicate when it will release.
I find his new team colors unpleasant. Too monochrome and dark, and the red has this gross brownish hue on it. Not to mention I liked the theme the old colors had going.
On the positive side, however, I like the new taunt, I like that it can be held, and I like its animation more than the waiting one (which is now redundant; maybe replace it with Sonic 3 or Advance wait?).

New Razor Leaf put a damper on my spam. I'm having a hard time telling when they disappear, since they tend to go off-screen. I guess I'll just have to learn the timing, or just stop. I like that it seems to have been brought in line with other smash/tilt Specials, though.

Which makes me wonder why Diddy's Flip seems even stricter than 2.5 Leaf. I just figured it had its distance nerfed until I came here. It's a good idea, but I just dislike failing the smash Flip ⅓ of the time. I also find going straight into the kick if B is held annoying.

I am absolutely thrilled that footstool can finally be performed with any taunt. Now I just need to learn to implement it.

Haven't noticed any changes to Pika, besides Fair putting a glow on his head, which I think extends its range. Kinda jealous of Squirtle's crawl attack…

I was really miffed about Snake's weak grenade toss being removed, but after seeing no one else discussing it, and instead mention of a “new lob”, I did doing some experimenting, and I'm now really stoked about his new low toss.

The Ike F-Smash voice clip seems too "fan modish" to me. It's a reused taunt sound that is still on the taunt, with an out-of-place tone, during an action where no other character speaks, while he looks to be putting great effort into motionlessness, for a joke that is fairly dull.

Actually, Metaknight's victory theme has also always seemed fan modish to me. The most used and OP character in vBrawl happened to have a special one, and be the only character with one, which is just an unrecognizably remixed version of the normal Kirby one, and a kinda bad sounding one at that. Was hoping (and still hope) to hear it gone.
Otherwise, Metaknight M's not really my kind of character. Not to say he's bad, though, as the other posters attest. No real experience playing against him, either, so no comment there. There is some stuff I'm disappointed about, but it's just weird superficial fan stuff, so I'll leave it at that. The jab not having a gatling component feels rather strange, though; I assume that's at least partly due to being unable to change that holding A is sufficient to perform rapid jabs?

Never landed the jumbo Chef, so I was wondering if there was a difference. Still to see what it does in an actual match. Not a fan of nerfed lingering F-Smash. It seems like it's easier to get the pan spike.

Dorf's Up-Tilt is quite fun. I have comboed old Stomp into new Stomp.

I greatly dislike the new SSE Jungle. I actually really liked Distant Planet, and thought it would make a great stage if the walk off and bulborb were removed, the posies on a timer, and the stage enlarged. The only reason I never complained about its removal was that SSE Jungle added something really unique and cool. Now it's just another big-ish stage, with a bland aesthetic and without a home series. If it's keeping this layout, could it at least get a Pikmin makeover? Or maybe Summit's assets, and add a fixed Distant Planet…

Finally, I'm overjoyed that the stock icons are finally visible.

Overall, feels mostly like 2.5, with minor positives and negatives, and some major things that make me eager to play with more people so I can more fully form an opinion on them. Thanks as always for the continued development!

Scythe

Smash Master
yoo i'm powershielding falco lasers back at him and he takes no damageeee lol

edit: decent distance away obv

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
You can actually use Diddy's full Monkey Flip when you use a Smash input(albeit longer startup).
I personally miss the old Monkey Kick input as well, but like many tweaks in this demo, I'm adaptable. I also like the Distant Planet idea, but the new SSE: Jungle is something I don't mind.

Now, everyone wait for a full Patch List. You can then see how your Mains and Secondaries can be used in new, but effective ways. This fear of adjustment leads to nothing but eternally rustled jimmies.....

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I was really miffed about Snake's weak grenade toss being removed, but after seeing no one else discussing it, and instead mention of a “new lob”, I did doing some experimenting, and I'm now really stoked about his new low toss.
If you're referring to Snake's previous Back grenade throw, it's still there, it's just been changed to an Up input now.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Wario doesn't seem to have changed much. The only big difference I've seen is that he has a shorter, straighter air Side B. It looks to be a good air combo finisher.

Also, I think the range of his down smash got shorter. Besides that I was mostly seeing how Meta Knight played.

NightShadow6

Smash Journeyman
Can you guys please give back charizard's ability to jump after glide? His onstage game is hurt so much from.

Couldn't you lower his weight or something so he won't live 140% each stock. (I know it was a ridiculous recovery, but dude the stage game) Even one jump would be good instead of all.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Another alternative, if the flags could be set as such, would be to make it so if charizard is hit, it sets a flag, then if charizard glides with that flag set, he can't use jumps afterward.

I really, really don't care that the change effects his recovery - the game needs to have more balanced recoveries in the first place - It's the major effect it has on how he can interact on-stage that hits home so hard.

And I am well aware that in 2.1 he couldn't do anything at all out of glide, that is not the point.

yahyakun

Smash Cadet
i like this new release.
for next release i would love if u guys make dash ends faster. i mean if i can to dash, them stop and jab (all done a lil bit fast, like melee) i cant, it makes a dash attack, esp ganon and peach.
fix that pls

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
i like this new release.
for next release i would love if u guys make dash ends faster. i mean if i can to dash, them stop and jab (all done a lil bit fast, like melee) i cant, it makes a dash attack, esp ganon and peach.
fix that pls
Messing with the dash animation length can impact dash dancing.

Nevergreen

This Subreddit Sucks
NNID
Nevergreen
3DS FC
0817-3854-3643
The Ike F-Smash voice clip seems too "fan modish" to me. It's a reused taunt sound that is still on the taunt, with an out-of-place tone, during an action where no other character speaks, while he looks to be putting great effort into motionlessness, for a joke that is fairly dull.

Agreed, especially since it doesn't properly sync up if the smash isn't fully charged. Doesn't feel like a professionally-made Easter Egg, like say Falcon's optional YES sfx on Knee.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
I really really really really really dislike Link now.

That's strange, he actually feels like a real character now. Now he feels like all of his tools are as useful as they are in his games and it fits him perfectly. He just does it all. And my god that new 'rang is so tight.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The way he throws the boomerang now is like his back hurts and he's fed up with being asked to toss it.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
I am loving 2.6. For some reason, AGTs feel much easier to do now. And the game feels a bit more fluid than it did in 2.5b. Ganon's new Utilt is a rather stellar asset to his ground game, Ivy's leaf is very useful for pressure now, Snake's low grenade lob is great for edgeguarding and tricks, and the G&W changes are silly but useful in a quirky way.

Sonic feels a bit stiff to play now, but I see the reasons behind his changes. I just need to readjust my muscle memory that his DownB can't link into everything he wants to anymore. DownSmash feels a bit more polished, but that might just be me.

Turn-around punches for C.Falcon and Ganon seem a bit harder to do for the initial turn, but are otherwise fine. Diddy's SideB, on the other hand, can be quite tedious to get the timing right sometimes. It needs to be a little less strict to time, in my opinion. Dash Attack is a very nice change, though.

Lucas feels like a monster now. In conjunction with his ability to charge his Smashes and his ability to DACUS, along with the revival of his Brawl aerials (both of which got majorly buffed), his ability to punish opponents is insane. I need to play him more to get a better evaluation, but he feels fantastic now.

Wolf's bair is sexy. Fox, Falco and Wolf losing invulnerability on their reflectors is a very welcome change. And it might just be me, but their blasters all seem to do less damage now. I am unsure of how much they did in 2.5b, so I might just be hallucinating here.

Ike's UpB is phenominal. I LOVE the change here. Mad props for giving him a better recovery. Additionally, Wario's Chomp feels much easier to land now. Nerf to his aerial Side B is also great, considering how silly it used to be.

Bowser's new armor mechanics are wonderful, along with the small buff to his DownB. Fire Breath doesn't last as long, which is good, but it is easier to use for interrupting opponents at longer ranges. Fair change is very sexy. Being able to link into itself more fluidly is a nice tough to his aerial game, and works great with his interruptable DownB shenanigans. The dash grab range buff is very incredible, as well.

Charizard's recovery is more strict, but is very manageable. His Up Throw animation is much more polished, and his SideB feels a bit stronger and easier to land a strong hit properly now. Bite changes and his dash attack buff are nice, too.

Squirtle's SideB is less spammable, but much better to use as a finisher now with the pop-up follow-up. Up B feels a bit odd in that it no longer causes multiple hits, but it makes for a better recovery this way since shields won't cause him to linger for as long anymore.

Link and Toon Link changes are godlike. Link's Boomerang REALLY needs to have its animation fixed, but is otherwise an incredible move which vastly expands on his close to midrange game. The melee hitbox on it feels very rewarding, and it causing Link to only lag during his idle animation is a godsend. This applies for Toon Link, as well. Toon Link's recovery feels buffed to a noticeable degree, and that was one reason that kept me from playing him. Lastly, Link seems to have an easier time placing bombs on the ground without them detonating.

Peach has a DACUS now. Was that always there before? It is awesome, though. Her ability to land-cancel her jumps (probably not the correct term but w/e) is good for tricks. Gimmicky tricks, but still good. I like how Marth still has the ability to DACUS, as well.

Not sure if G&W always had a Gatling Combo, but it is pretty sweet. Lucario's new forward tilt is much easier to use in combos as opposed to his old one. Aura Cancel asthetics are a nice visual touch.

DeDeDe changes are subtle, but immensely help him. Especially the new hitbox on his recovery. He NEEDED that, BADLY. Increased IASA on his Waddle Toss (On previously thrown Waddles) is just icing on the cake. The forward smash buff isnt much considering how slow it is, but it is still a welcome change.

Lastly (for now), Meta Knight feels perfect. Neutral and Side B both feel very punishable, but his Dimensional Cape is the best thing ever. Being able to use aerials after it feels really fluid and within character. Jab changes are very nice. New Back Air and Down Air make up for the nerfs he recieved to most of his special moves. Loss of gimping with Dair is negligible considering how fun it is to combo and approach with it onstage. Dimensional Cape and Bair finishers are very solid and incredibly quick. Up B feels incredibly silly to try to recover with now as it no longer snaps to the ledge when traveling up, but is great for finishing opponents vertically at higher percents. Down Smash feels risky sometimes but not incredibly so.

All in all, amzing work, PMBR team. Props.
------------------------------------------------
Wanted Changes:
1) Link's Side B animation to be polished.
2) Diddy's Side B timing to be less strict.
3) SSE Jungle outer platforms to be properly symmetrical with rest of the stage.
4) A three-dot system for G&W. One dot for the next hit to be 1/4/7. Two dots for 2/5/8. Three dots for 3/6/9. Judgement would feel perfect to me this way. Still random, but minutely so, even in comparison to its current version. Some nerfs, especially to 9's, would be needed for this to work, though.

EDIT: Post messed up for some reason. It is fixed now.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Is there anything that prevents Snake from jumping out of grenade hold? Can he cancel the grenade jump with the press of the toss input or something?
I'm not sure if I really understood what you meant here lol :confused:
But Snake can Jump Cancel his (now) Up grenade throw at the beginning of the animation and has been able to do it since 2.5 (or even 2.1 I think) if that helps in anyway lol.

Top Bottom