• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2.0.0 Patch?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I actually think K. Rool’s attacks need to be sped up by 1 or 2 frames. Even with the armor, his attacks feel too easy to interrupt.
Me too actually and the cool down on his counter is super punishable. We’re Ness mains though so we probably view this differently than everyone else since it’s such an easy matchup

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Me too actually and the cool down on his counter is super punishable. We’re Ness mains though so we probably view this differently than everyone else since it’s such an easy matchup
I'm speaking as someone who secondaries K. Rool, actually (he's my main alongside Ness).

MetaWeegee

Smash Cadet
The update is supposed to be released next week, and next Friday is the 1st of February. I wouldn't be surprised if they've upgraded the version number because the inclusion of Pirhana Plant.
Also piranha plant is probably why 2.0 number.
Highly doubt that. The number never went straight to 2.0 for any of the DLC fighters in Smash 4.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I'm just hoping Samus and Dark Samus aren't nerfed. I'd have to throw a fit if such thing happened. At the same time, it'd be nice if Ridley got a few buffs. I think he desperately needs it. I'm going to stick with my dragon lord, regardless, but still . . .

With regard to the burying mechanic, I'm just going to say this. The duration needn't be reduced, but perhaps the button mashing can speed up breaking out of the animation at a faster rate. I find it rather annoying that people can easily break free from Ridley's side special, but not do the same when buried by Inkling or King K. Rool. Not even Zero Suit Samus keeps her opponent buried long enough to consistently land an up special.

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I'm just hoping Samus and Dark Samus aren't nerfed. I'd have to throw a fit if such thing happened. At the same time, it'd be nice if Ridley got a few buffs. I think he desperately needs it. I'm going to stick with my dragon lord, regardless, but still . . .

With regard to the burying mechanic, I'm just going to say this. The duration needn't be reduced, but perhaps the button mashing can speed up breaking out of the animation at a faster rate. I find it rather annoying that people can easily break free from Ridley's side special, but not do the same when buried by Inkling or King K. Rool. Not even Zero Suit Samus keeps her opponent buried long enough to consistently land an up special.
I really don’t think you have to worry about Samus nerfs at all. Actually I think if they did tune her they’d buff her just a little bit but she’s probably gonna stay the same

Ness nerfs would leave me pissed. He plays so perfectly right now and he’s not oppressive or broken

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I really don’t think you have to worry about Samus nerfs at all. Actually I think if they did tune her they’d buff her just a little bit but she’s probably gonna stay the same

Ness nerfs would leave me pissed. He plays so perfectly right now and he’s not oppressive or broken
I think Ness' grab range needs a bit of buffing. My brother mains Ness and complains about how Ness' grab range is more like how it was in SSBM, rather than SSB4. I think it'd help Ness, too. I think Ness' d-smash needs a bit of fixing, too. It's one thing for your opponent to grab the ledge and have intangibility after getting hit by the yo-yo. It's another to have the yo-yo not connect every time Ness' opponent grabs the ledge. At least with tethered recoveries it makes sense for the yo-yo not to connect, provided the opponent doesn't pull him or herself up toward the yo-yo.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I think Ness' grab range needs a bit of buffing. My brother mains Ness and complains about how Ness' grab range is more like how it was in SSBM, rather than SSB4. I think it'd help Ness, too. I think Ness' d-smash needs a bit of fixing, too. It's one thing for your opponent to grab the ledge and have intangibility after getting hit by the yo-yo. It's another to have the yo-yo not connect every time Ness' opponent grabs the ledge. At least with tethered recoveries it makes sense for the yo-yo not to connect, provided the opponent doesn't pull him or herself up toward the yo-yo.
I think dsmash is fine. I don’t know about upping Ness’s grab range. He’s top three in tournament results and placing consistently and he’s never felt better than he does in Ultimate. I highly highly doubt they’re going to buff him, especially his grab range which would make him a terror

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I think dsmash is fine. I don’t know about upping Ness’s grab range. He’s top three in tournament results and placing consistently and he’s never felt better than he does in Ultimate. I highly highly doubt they’re going to buff him, especially his grab range which would make him a terror
Which is a shame. Because Ness has PSI, I like to think that he could at least be given a tad bit of range by utilizing PSI. Nothing too extreme, but just a tad more range than he has now. He seems like a good character, but that's what people thought in SSB4 before the Dumb Lame Crew (DLC) showed up.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Which is a shame. Because Ness has PSI, I like to think that he could at least be given a tad bit of range by utilizing PSI. Nothing too extreme, but just a tad more range than he has now. He seems like a good character, but that's what people thought in SSB4 before the Dumb Lame Crew (DLC) showed up.
I think this game will be different honestly

Arthur97

Smash Master
I think this game will be different honestly
I don't. I expect at least one DLC to be broken. Not the plant though because it seems like it was intended for the base game, it's free for a limited time, and its first party.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't. I expect at least one DLC to be broken. Not the plant though because it seems like it was intended for the base game, it's free for a limited time, and its first party.
A while back, I saw an article that I can't find anymore, which said one of the conditions behind more DLC is to not run into any :ultbayonetta: situations. So...

vwRFTkL.png

So of hands!

How many here want future patches to include stuff that was left out of Ultimate (Old Offline modes, Trophies, Sub-Space Emissary, ect...)?
WOL is the SSE equivalent, while spirits are the trophy equivalents.

Home Run Contest and Break the Targets would be nice to have again, though.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
A while back, I saw an article that I can't find anymore, which said one of the conditions behind more DLC is to not run into any :ultbayonetta: situations. So...

View attachment 188580

I'll believe it when I see it. Besides, we might still get a Cloud. Not game breaking but still too strong.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not that it matters much in this case, so far all sorts of characters are assumed to be broken regardless of how they actually fare in tiers.

This sentiment is mostly from players that aren't that good, but still.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If it's a big update, then maybe a few things will even get re-hauled :O
Or new modes :)

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm personally hoping for at least one new mode. And if Piranha Plant is added this patch, an additional WoL area with Piranha Plant puppet fighters and DLC challenges with Piranha Plant pictures.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
If I had one thing I would adore in an update before the end of Smash Ultimate's development cycle, it would be an option to organize the CSS and SSS to however the player wants. Second in line would be to reduce the amount of debris covering the screen from everything going on. This includes launch smoke, blast effects, and other stuff covering the fight. Third would be to get rid of those stupid camera zooms and time slowing for matches with more than two players and possibly replays as well.

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio

View attachment 188580

WOL is just the equivalent of Smash Tour!!

Spirit's are just stickers from Brawl (And that's it)!!

Kingshadow3

Smash Cadet
My Predictions

Most Likely Nerfed:
:ultroy::ultchrom::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultinkling::ultkrool: [:ultgreninja: for the memes]

Most Likely Buffed:
:ultbowserjr::ultkirby::ultwiifittrainer::ultduckhunt::ultridley:

I don't have a clue (Since they have terrible recovery):
:ultlittlemac::ultincineroar:

Add:
:ultpiranha:

Also:
R.I.P. Infinite Assist Trophy glitch.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
If I had one thing I would adore in an update before the end of Smash Ultimate's development cycle, it would be an option to organize the CSS and SSS to however the player wants. Second in line would be to reduce the amount of debris covering the screen from everything going on. This includes launch smoke, blast effects, and other stuff covering the fight. Third would be to get rid of those stupid camera zooms and time slowing for matches with more than two players and possibly replays as well.
I already thought it didn't zoom in 1v1 ones similar to how some final smashes only get special cameras when there are only 2 on the field or the final smash caught everyone.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
My Predictions

Most Likely Nerfed:
:ultroy::ultchrom::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultinkling::ultkrool: [:ultgreninja: for the memes]

Most Likely Buffed:
:ultbowserjr::ultkirby::ultwiifittrainer::ultduckhunt::ultridley:

I don't have a clue (Since they have terrible recovery):
:ultlittlemac::ultincineroar:

Add:
:ultpiranha:

Also:
R.I.P. Infinite Assist Trophy glitch.
No way Roy gets nerfed. He doesn’t need one. Greninja won’t get nerfed either. Out of that list I think Inkling is the only one who is going to realistically be in danger of nerfs and while I wouldn’t be surprised if Chrom and Peach got adjusted I think they’re more likely to stay the same

Duck Hunt, Ridley, and Wii Fit are all already good characters that don’t buffs, they’re just underrepresented (and Ridley isn’t even underrepresented anymore)

The character that is in serious danger of nerfs (specifically roller which wouldn’t even hurt the character much) is definitely Inkling. I can see them nerfing the ink mechanic too which would be much more significant than roller. I also think Pichu is in more danger of nerfs than any of the other characters you listed. And Snake’s Nikita is definitely in danger too

The only way I could see K Rool nerfed is if they nerf the bury mechanic in general. I’m sure there will be some other minor tweaks and nerfs and buffs (Kirby really needs some help and definitely deserves buffs) and maybe some frame data adjustment, but I wouldn’t expect anything gamebreaking. I could also see Shiek getting a damage and kill power buff because he literally can’t kill in this game and it makes the character not fun to play. That’s actually what I’m hoping for over everything

That doesn’t mean Ness won’t be able to compete with them. He’s not in any more danger than any other current high and top tier character of having bad DLC matchups and I believe Ness has more tools in this game to compensate

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I don't get why people want chrom nerfed. His recovery is borderline aweful, which makes up for it by having a versatile arsenal. Also nobody can figure out exactly what should even be nerfed on this character. Against good ledge guard players, he gets exposed, I think Ike is better.
Chrom is definitely an amazing character, that much is fact. Whether or not he’s deserving of nerfs is debatable.

I do think his forward tilt should be toned down, though. That move is as fast as a jab, as strong as a smash attack, and it has a pretty ridiculous hitbox. One of those things is fine by itself, but all together is too much.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think any modes are coming back, but it is possible. 2.0.0 is a big jump from the current version. Adventure Mode(World of Light) is already pretty nice, despite the unbalance. They could make Master Hand playable in a specific mode like Multi-Man Smash only. There's other general fixes, though. The Isabelle glitches, for instance. I haven't really looked into competitive play yet. Maybe make the unlock battles a little easier.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Big problem with nerfing Chrom, is that they love keeping echoes with the original, so to nerf him could potentially nerf Roy.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Big problem with nerfing Chrom, is that they love keeping echoes with the original, so to nerf him could potentially nerf Roy.
I just don’t think Chrom deserves a nerf. Yeah he’s good, but he’s not overcentralizing and the early hype around him was largely overblown. His recovery is still extremely exploitable and dealing with him is no different than dealing with most of the other FE characters. The only way I could think to nerf him is to nerf his ground and air speed and frame data which would kill the character and isn’t needed. He’s not even the best swordie in the game. Lucina is definitely better and Cloud and Ike are arguably better. There’s no reason to need Chrom

Arrei

Smash Lord
They wouldn't be able to touch Chrom's frame data or physical attributes, but his damage, knockback angles, and knockback values could all easily be changed without affecting Roy's. Not that I'm pushing for a nerf, mind.

Kingshadow3

Smash Cadet
I just don’t think Chrom deserves a nerf. Yeah he’s good, but he’s not overcentralizing and the early hype around him was largely overblown. His recovery is still extremely exploitable and dealing with him is no different than dealing with most of the other FE characters. The only way I could think to nerf him is to nerf his ground and air speed and frame data which would kill the character and isn’t needed. He’s not even the best swordie in the game. Lucina is definitely better and Cloud and Ike are arguably better. There’s no reason to need Chrom
One thing that I will say about any needed nerf with Chrom is his Up Special "Soaring Slash". The problem is that this move meteors on the final hit and when used as a sacrificial KO. Chrom nearly always dies after his opponent unless they had VERY little damage taken. It also very easy to set up. This also applies to Ike's Up Special as well but Ike doesn't have nearly as much air speed as Chrom does.

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
One thing that I will say about any needed nerf with Chrom is his Up Special "Soaring Slash". The problem is that this move meteors on the final hit and when used as a sacrificial KO. Chrom nearly always dies after his opponent unless they had VERY little damage taken. It also very easy to set up.
The zero to death suicide could definitely be nerfed but I barely see it happening in high level play in high leverage situations. If I was to touch Chrom that’s all I would touch

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not entirely true. Dark Pit and Pit got actual separate differences during Smash 4.

Keep in mind that this game is rushed, so this is why many things are glitchy as is. They can nerf Chrom without nerfing Roy. That was just one way of doing it, but not the only way. Do note I am not going to argue if he needs a nerf or not(as I legitimately haven't played Ultimate enough to really make an opinion on the subject. I can comment easily on the roster existing and the lack of modes, though. And pieces I've been through).

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Nah, you guys don't get it. Remember that 6 OP fighters video IGN made? All of them. All of them will be nerfed. Calling it. None a' ya can change me noggin about that one.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Nah, you guys don't get it. Remember that 6 OP fighters video IGN made? All of them. All of them will be nerfed. Calling it. None a' ya can change me noggin about that one.
That list was literally terrible. They better stay away from Ness

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
And King K. Rool too.
Yeah seriously, K. Rool isn’t even a good character. He’s not terrible but he’s in the bottom half of heavies and he’s just a noob stomper. His armor mechanic is fine. His projectiles are fine. Even his recovery which is the best part about him is fine

Granted Ness is really good in this game and probably a high tier character but none of his moves are close to broken or overcentralizing. He’s not even top tier and it’s not like he has a ridiculous matchup spread or anything. Leave PK Fire (because it’s finally a viable move) and especially back throw alone. Ness deserves to be where he is right now after years of being low and mid tier with very little competitive viability

Last edited:

ALiBi212

Smash Cadet
NNID
ALiBi212
I would LOOOOVE if 2.0 came with new online rank tiers. It’s annoying that the only options are elite smash and not-elite smash. How about a variety of rank titles, like every other game does?

I’d love to see a level between 2.5-3.2 mil called ‘veteran smasher’ or one from 1.5-2.5 called ‘experienced smasher’. They don’t need specific play areas like elite has, just special titles so I can see which characters I’m getting good with and try to rack up ranks for all my characters. It would make playing my non-mains a lot more rewarding.

Last edited:

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I already thought it didn't zoom in 1v1 ones similar to how some final smashes only get special cameras when there are only 2 on the field or the final smash caught everyone.
I'm talking more about things like extremely powerful hits, or specific items causing all these unnecessary special effects that disrupt game play on an noticeable scale. I know for a fact that there are some final smashes that are meant to hurt players in a small area but hurt all of them because of camera work taking to the skies or zooming in on the final smash action. Greninja is the first one that comes to mind.

EGsmash

Smash Apprentice
One thing that I will say about any needed nerf with Chrom is his Up Special "Soaring Slash". The problem is that this move meteors on the final hit and when used as a sacrificial KO. Chrom nearly always dies after his opponent unless they had VERY little damage taken. It also very easy to set up. This also applies to Ike's Up Special as well but Ike doesn't have nearly as much air speed as Chrom does.
This. Honestly this feels like a slap in the face to :ultganondorf: players who lost their Ganoncide priority only to have shenanigans like this allowed for other characters. :ultridley::ultganondorf::ultbowser: all die first if their command grabs take them off stage, even though CLEARLY the opponent hits the blast zone first, yet :ultchrom: and sometimes :ultcloud: gets the kill first even though his model hits the blast zone first. (Yes, I know there's a difference between command grabs and attacks, but obviously there's some hard-coded bias if the game is changing blast zone mechanics on the fly) If you're going to have suicides in the game (and they SHOULD be there - it's a risk/reward thing) then they ought to follow consistent rules:
  1. Opponent dies first, always
  2. Player dies first, always
  3. Person with higher % dies first, opponent can mash out at low %

Oh also on the wishlist:

• Bring back footstools on hitstun animation.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Just going to repost my though on people wanting to Nerf Chromcide as of why it's a very bad idea.

Re: Chrom's Up-B / Chromcide Discussion. Gotta give my two cents about whenever the move must be nerfed or not. Except Bias because I play Chrom/s Nerfing Chrom's Up-B to make him die First is a terrible balance idea. As it ruin the whole mechanism and design of the move. Chrom, by himself, was designed as the Pinnacle peak of glasscanon. A Combo heavy Characters who don't have the Reverse Tip mechanism of Roy. At what price? The price of having an "abyssimal" recovery making him one of the easiest Characters to gimp and kill with the Nerf of the overall defensive option off-stage, lag of directional air-dodge and Chrom lack of horizontal recovery. Any Characters with a counter, projectile or Spike kill him at any % the moment Chrom is off-stage. Knowing this the developers did something smart, something to give a way for Chrom to get a minimum of respect off-stage. Killing his enemy first and taking him down with him, possibly stealing a stock of the opponent is being too greedy. That design philosophy is easy to be seen with the Armor that Chrom have during the first Swing to drag the enemy with him, alongside the unique Up-B voice clip where Chrom himself claim that he'll kill the enemy. The move leading to combo at 0% still exist for the same purpose. The opponent need to show respect to Chrom and his recovery, and the Chrom player need to respect his enemy too as failing/misstiming the move might lead to a death without any stock-trade TL;DR: Removing or Nerfing the Chromcide or Chrom Killing the opponent first goes against the design philosophy and function of the move itself as it was a way to "patch-up" Chrom in a game with next to no defensive option off-stage. Please, think about why X happens instead of going for X should be removed
TL;DR, removing Chromcide basically remove the "respect me" aspect of the move offstage, without it, all characters can just edgeguard him freely without any risk. And the move was designed like that on purpose. And nerfing it basically make Chrom unable to do anything offstage, ruining the character whenever it's in all gamemode

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Yeah, Chromicide being so strong is a trade off. It's not like it's broken by any means. I say keep it.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Just going to repost my though on people wanting to Nerf Chromcide as of why it's a very bad idea.

TL;DR, removing Chromcide basically remove the "respect me" aspect of the move offstage, without it, all characters can just edgeguard him freely without any risk. And the move was designed like that on purpose. And nerfing it basically make Chrom unable to do anything offstage, ruining the character whenever it's in all gamemode
I have to respectfully disagree with you on that. it seems like Chrom was designed to get 100% of his respect onstage and xero of it offstage. Chromicide (and Ikeicide to some extent) makes going after him offstage dangerous on occasion since if both players are at one stock Chromicide suddenly becomes the best and most open way to win the game which to me seems purely unintentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom