• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
INB4PEOPLECOMPLAINABOUTLAG
Friend Codes. I want to be able to connect with a random stranger and battle him.
Also, some kind of ranking to go along with the above ideas, 1 stars would only verse other 1 stars, etc...

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
maybe a 1v1 mode with the option to have stocked matches

D

Deleted member

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
That would be worse than lag.

*Starts chaingrab* "PAUSE"
*Starts DACUS*"PAUSE"

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
-_______-

who does that?

It should be:

The waiting room should allow you to text to each other.

NO LAG

Have a list of everyone you played in basic brawl & Team so you can send friend request to them.

And other things

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
This is the kind of thing that can just go in the general discussion thread, it didn't need it's own topic.

We all know WiFi has problems but it's useless johning about them because they'll never get any better (at least not anytime in the foreseeable future).

:034:

Arora

Smash Apprentice
Wifi will never get better and there's no point say what coulda been maybe the next nintendo smash game will be better but we all know nintendo and they'll be one step behind microsoft and Sony

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
well for one, LAG! the other, the waiting room. i mean a sandbag? why couldn't it be a cpu?

UberMario

Smash Master
Being able to play with friends on custom stages and chat.
The reason they didn't allow custom stages online is because the stages are not on your opponent's Wii. (It would take an extra two minutes loading per match for them to get it on their system as ram)

The main problem with chatting is this:

How does the opponent know you want to chat instead of brawling? If you mean before the match, you can already.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
The reason they didn't allow custom stages online is because the stages are not on your opponent's Wii. (It would take an extra two minutes loading per match for them to get it on their system as ram)

The main problem with chatting is this:

How does the opponent know you want to chat instead of brawling? If you mean before the match, you can already.
I'm talking about a chat with random ppl on basic brawl, like you can with friends, with taunts.

D

Deleted member

I'mNotFire

Smash Rookie
maybe a 1v1 mode with the option to have stocked matches
+1

Don't add CPU's to games with less then 4 people... I want to play with humans, not 4 opponents.
+1

I agree with both of these. It can get annoying when you're done waiting for match-start with just one other person in Basic Brawl only to end up having two extra CPUs added in. I have had some good 1v1 matches in Basic Brawl too... :ohwell:

D

Deleted member

D

Deleted member

Mewter

Smash Master
Exactly. CPU's don't belong here!
If I want to play CPU's, then I'll play Offline Brawl, Nintendo. I'd like to play a WA match 1 on 1 sometimes, too.
Everyone I play with has a red dot. Lol.

BSP

Smash Legend
I agree with no cpu and a stock match option. I kinda wish you could see other's rules before starting basic brawl/TB

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
1v1 matches

Every basic brawl game I enter is Hyrule Temple and 3 people that team up on me. I hate that the designers thought that every online game MUST have 4 players. 1v1 matches would also have less lag! W/Anyone could have been great, but it's bs now.

kingdom-triforce

Smash Journeyman
-Ability to exchange codes with random ppl. Some ppl r actually pretty gd and I'd love to have their FC and brawl sometime.

-Definitely some form of chatting.

-Removing waiting time. Waiting for matches to start is such a pain, especially if ur opponent's afk and some1 new comes in...

-Room system. Rather than randomly pairing with ppl, have ppl set up rooms for others to go in and stuff. Have like a room master to set up rules and stuff. Personally, I think this would b my biggest issue here. I'd feel more comfortable picking the kind of games I wana play rather than having Nintendo's crappy system pair me with the most annoying crap in the world.

-See game settings. Like who gets map priority, (winner, loser, random, etc.) time settings, items, etc.

-Kick system. For those ******** taunt parties.

-LAG. I will have sex with Wifi Brawl if it was lagless. :p

-No CPU is a definite must.

-Ranking system or online profile (that's more than ur name, FC, and tags) would b very nice.

It's too bad while we're here complaining Nintendo's busy jacking off on the money we paid...

§leepy God

Smash Master
-Ability to exchange codes with random ppl. Some ppl r actually pretty gd and I'd love to have their FC and brawl sometime.
Nintendo needs to do this in general.

-Definitely some form of chatting.
Though fighting games doesn't really need chatting, but I see where your getting at.

-Removing waiting time. Waiting for matches to start is such a pain, especially if ur opponent's afk and some1 new comes in...
It would be better to remove the timer to start a match. I don't think the waiting time is very long.

-Room system. Rather than randomly pairing with ppl, have ppl set up rooms for others to go in and stuff. Have like a room master to set up rules and stuff. Personally, I think this would b my biggest issue here. I'd feel more comfortable picking the kind of games I wana play rather than having Nintendo's crappy system pair me with the most annoying crap in the world.
Well, that's more of a Nintendo thing than Brawl. Nintendo needs to perform this.

-See game settings. Like who gets map priority, (winner, loser, random, etc.) time settings, items, etc.
I would like that as well.

-Kick system. For those ******** taunt parties.
LMAO, good one. XD

-LAG. I will have sex with Wifi Brawl if it was lagless. :p
I'm sure many people would as well. :p

-No CPU is a definite must.
You mean when a CPU play's in With Anyone when someone disconnects? Other than that, I don't find that a problem at all.

-Ranking system or online profile (that's more than ur name, FC, and tags) would b very nice.
I agree with this most. I find it odd that nearly almost every Nintendo game that play's Wifi have ranking systems except for Brawl... oh well, I'm sure they won't make that same mistake again... I hope.

It's too bad while we're here complaining Nintendo's busy jacking off on the money we paid...
Don't everybody that make's lots of money do? I'm pretty sure that everyone that make's stupid amount of money does. :p

BSP

Smash Legend
@The Sleepy One

When he said no cpu, i think he meant like when u have 2 people in a room, and it starts the match and fills in the empty slots with cpu's(needs to go)

kingdom-triforce

Smash Journeyman
Most of wat I said was referring mainly to anyone. The friends isn't too bad. Solve the lag and add a bit more stuff and it's perfect. With Anyone's the one that needs lots of cleaning.

BlackLightning90

Smash Journeyman
Here's what I think should be improved:
-Better Online with less lag
-Allows customs stages to be played in With Anyone and With Friends
-Save Replays from Spectator matches

DarkestLink

Smash Rookie
Faster match starting time, I hate having to wait an hour with that stupid sand bag. Also to the guy who said Nintendo is always 1 step behind Microsoft and Sony quit being foolish....the gap between Nintendos online with the rest of the world is much larger than 1 step.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I would have liked to have seen the options that are available in With Friends also available in With Anyone, like a toggle under settings for Anonymous On/Off so that if you play wa not anonymously you then get all the options, if anonymous, then wa like it is now.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
Faster match starting time, I hate having to wait an hour with that stupid sand bag. Also to the guy who said Nintendo is always 1 step behind Microsoft and Sony quit being foolish....the gap between Nintendos online with the rest of the world is much larger than 1 step.
Lol, you don't really HAVE to wait, there are 2 things you can do. #1 occupy yourself with something else in the same area, something you like to do, and that you can do cosistantly or #2 which works for about everyone, unplug the largest cord from your wii , watch tv and listen out for a the sound your wii makes when its found someone.

hypersonic65

Smash Cadet
#2 which works for about everyone, unplug the largest cord from your wii , watch tv and listen out for a the sound your wii makes when its found someone.
I considered doing something like this once. The problem: when the disconnected message appears, the Wii doesn't make any noise until you exit the message:ohwell: so you could be watching TV and not hear anything and... you get the picture

I think Nintendo took out the With Anyone chatting, with anyone Custom stages, and rooms for a reason: if you've played Multiplayer Halo or anything similar, you know that people cuss all the time. Some room names have perveted messages and other crap.
An example of what can happen with With Anyone Custom stages: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9au95pzMXpk
(don't watch if you don't wanna see the f-bomb and other blah)
On a lighter side, Brawl would actually be rated T for a reason:laugh:
(a way to prevent this would be a no-custom stage/chat option)

But I totally agree with the stock and 1v1 thingie

and lag. When I first saw my friend playing Mario Kart wii on wifi with anyone, I asked him, "doesn't it lag?"
I was shocked by how smooth it was (Some people in some matches were on the other side of the world!) and I thought that sakurai loves to torture us.

Top Bottom