• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/17/07-11/18/07: Final Smash (S.O.S.'S Final ****), San Antonio TX: Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galt

Smash Journeyman
Galt wants to do shouts for the tournament which he wasn't supposed to attend but attended anyway.

First, top, primary, foremost: Sethlon. MVP of crews without a doubt, absolutely responsible for Magnolia crew's win. Very good matches with Lee during singles. Super-good Roy vs. G&W friendlies. Don't forget to come to Austin.

Xelic/Jordan - Won money in every event. Gave me a ride. Let me stay at his house. It's too bad you suck so much.
Jordan's Sister - ...We were supposed to meet all romantic-like, but you went to Austin while I went to SA... :'(

Lee from Louisiana - Fate brought us together. I'll treasure that controller always. Also, move to Austin, plz.

Mr.C - Tone it down a little, man. People who aren't from the Smash community must think you're a gangsta who's about to shoot us all by the way you carry on at tourneys. Also, you're totally not 6 feet tall, but I wanted to wait until I was safely distant before contradicting you.

Kite - You actually remembered me. Good man, Kite. You got some rare friendlies with me, partially because you look vaguely like Cillian Murphy.

Smiles :) - 1) Don't drink and Smash, and 2) I saw many good Smiles moments at this tournament with lots of characters. High-five.

Forkgirl/Taylor - So, I'm pretty much never going to fight you at Stratego. I didn't want to tell you this, but I don't play games of strategy against girls. It just wouldn't be fair, for the same reason that they had to take the analogies off the SAT. Home-made One Piece shirt scores 2 extra points. Rather good job in teams. And don't worry about Falco--no one plays Falco anymore, anyway.

Cave - It was cool to see your Doc return to competitive play, and painful to be competed against by your Doc. G&W vs. Doc on FD = x_x Or on any other stage.

SOS - lawlz I wuz in ur apartment for a while

All of Florida in general - You guys had a rough deal, but you made a good name for yourselves with the Texas-types, and I'm sure we were all happy to have you. It's crazy that you're willing to drive that far, but I'm glad you are.

Whataburger across the street - <3

Galt - lolz entering tournaments and just fight people in friendlies. Your G&W is way brutal, yo, but you should probably stop playing Luigi (although those up-B moves were totally rad). Also, lawlz @ pulling out Sheik in tourney after not playing her for, like, ever. Fight more people next time. Stop making all the other guys depressed by looking so good. You're pretty much my favorite person, aside from Sethlon.

_____

And that's about all I can think of at the moment. Maybe more tomorrow, when I'm not half-dead.

Pneuma

Smash Ace
That was a lot of fun. Gamelot is pretty good for holding tourneys as long as they keep up in the main room and not in the sardine-can by the restrooms.

Sethlon Marth v. Cyphus Doc on Corneria was definitely my favorite match, Sethlon is too good.
Broly was AMAZING in singles taking out Smiles and Rob$.
Ram from FL made me jealous, I wish I was as good a Luigi.
LG gets some props for best mindgames ever and almost taking out Bluezaft. (Can't wait for the video, Austin.)

I'll definitely be going to more SA tourneys on weekends when I'm near.
Maybe I'll start practicing again too. :laugh:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Results as far as I remember:

1st: Caveman
2nd: Xelic
3rd: DoH
4th: Brolly

I got 9th :colorful:.

There were 72 entrants.

Teams:

1st: Bluezaft + Smiles
2nd: Sos + DOH (these could actually be backwards but I think it was like this)
3rd: Xelic + Forkgirl
4th: Hylian + Espy

I dunno how many people entered teams >_>.

Crews: Magnolia crew got 1st with dallas getting 2nd I think and florida getting 3rd.

Hopefully someone will post the full results for everything with brackets tomorrow!!!!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Anyone know how rice did???

:colorful:
I think he got 5th actually.

Edit: I will post shoutouts after results are posted so I don't miss anyone.

tac0

Smash Journeyman
>=[ I didn't know there were bowser players there until like 10 minutes before I had to leave. I didn't see anything from the great Koopa King the first day.
I only got in 3 bowser dittos :(

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Ragnarok The Reaper's Review!

Broly: You are the legendary super-saiyan and my new smash hero. Hats off to you, FTW. Excellent spacing and technique; Even though you're not able to shield or grab, an admirable smasher by far, keep up the good work; I want to one day face you on the 2d plane of battle.

Bach?: Roy does counter Marth because he has the fire, that has been repeatedly proven at this tournament, Remember. ROY COUNTERS ALL! Roy > All.

Sethlon: Sethlon, even before I knew you lived in Texas I admired your videos, along with Neos. You're still my favourite Roy but you MUST step up to my level if you are to achieve greatness. Keep up the good work, one day you may rise to my status.

Xelic: Dude, you made some girl noise while standing behind me and I was like "WTFLUX" LAWLZ.

LG: Dude, **** talk-a-thon, gotta love that ****. Lol, had everyone on the very edge of their seats. And took that dude down from being 2 stocks down, excellent mind games.

DoH: Good work in the crew battle against Smiles, brought a victory for Dallas! (Maybe more, I didn't watch a lot). Good stuff, though, I must admit that was a punk move telling LG he couldn't "Banter" his opponent, no rules against it.

Rage: YOU GOT PWNED! Can't say anything else until I'm beat in a tournament match. BKM!!!!

Forkgirl: WTFLUX? "Are you the RagnaRoK from Dallas?" YOU GAVE ME A RIDE TO THE BUS-STOP! Zomg, DON'T YOU LUFF ME ANY MOAR? Z-oh noes?! =(

The Guy and girl we played in teams for practice: Yo, don't your names exactly; But the guy played with Luigi the girl played with peach, I was the fat black guy and my team mate was the black dude with the puff balls. I wanted to say good job and ****, gave a good work up, keep up the good work!

S.O.S.: Yo! Thanks for the Beer (You were the one who gave it to me right?) And I believe I played you once in a Roy Ditto? BEAT YOU! =D I counter all Roys! (Only lost one Roy ditto down there, to "Ding ding" Sethlon). I wish we could've played more though.

Dojo: Very very very technical and fast Falco man, seriously; Double shines fast laser, shine to dair and back kick. You got all the good stuff. Reminds me of DaShizWhiz in a way, keep it up man; You impressed me.

BlueZaft: Good job man, you took off lots of stock and did good when pressure fell down upon you. Considering how you said you did against Seth's Roy when he came down you gave it your all. You almost made it, but hey, we'll get em next time right?

Swift: Good job man, you took off lots of stocks in that one battle and you played smart and very aggressive, keep up the good work!

Poot: Yoshi Monster! Gotta love em!

RunningBrave: Very very very good stuff man, quick as always. I don't see how you move so fast!

This was a nice tournament I thought the turn-out would be a bit bigger, but this was very very nice. I got to see a lot of people play and also improve my Roy's skill in the end, I also picked up a new secondary, which is more than likely going to be Fox. >=] I plan on seeing you all again for another smash tournament, but if one isn't put together before Brawl, I'll see you on that battlefield. Remember, Roy > All. Give RoK the Reaper some Love!

OH BTW.

DALLAS R0X0RZ J00R S0X0RZ, BEST CITY IN TEXAS AND THE UNIVERSE, FTW WORLD!

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Are we running this on tio?
Hey DoH, thanks for volunteering to run this tournament and not attempt to take a cut out of the pot for personal profit. You're amazing!

1: Caveman ($325.62)
2: Xelic ($180.90)
3: DoH ($108.54)
4: Broly ($72.36)
5: Kyle ($36.18)
5: Rob$ ($36.18)
7: Rice
7: Ram
9: Hylian
9: Mr. C
9: Smiles
9: Cyphus
13: XLR8
13: Lee
13: Save The Queen
13: Boomstick
17: Bear
17: Pneuma
17: bluezaft
17: Raki
17: SOS
17: Taylor
17: Vash
17: Flarefox
25: Rok
25: Break
25: Fear
25: Ragnarock
25: Mr.P
25: Drumma Boi
25: Swift
25: Kite
33: Rage
33: Mosquito
33: Zach
33: Vlad
33: Santi
33: Puffball
33: haha
33: Sethlon
33: Galt
33: F4L
33: LG
33: teh pope
33: Jared
33: DV8
33: Majin
33: Lep
49: Varuna
49: forkgirl
49: Buh?
49: Gus
49: Wombat
49: SHYG
49: Box
49: LAM
49: RAWR
49: DJG
49: EHA
49: AGA
49: KNIVES
49: EDDY
49: Klown
49: tac0
65: APOC
65: FC
65: Dojo
65: Carlie
65: MEAN
65: Jay
65: Cake
65: Naon

1: Campy McBackair (bluezaft/Smiles) ($164.64)
2: Legally Blonde (SOS/DoH) ($47.04)
3: ********* (Forkgirl/Xelic) ($23.52)
4: ISAIII!!! (Hylian/Espy)
5: Thin Chicks Need Lovin' Too (Kite/Mr C)
5: I herd u liek Mudkips (Reqy, JF)
7: Magical Unicorns (Cyphus/Lee)
7: The Coheed Empire (haha/Darkrillin)
9: Taylor/Kyle (Taylor/Kyle)
9: Team Never Dies (Majin/Mosquito)
9: Team Blaba (Lep/Zero)
9: Turbo Fudge (Ram/Drumma)
13: Blue Magic Sponsored by Chris Chu (Fyre/XLR8)
13: Swift Gangastas (Swift/LG)
13: No Johns (Dyse/Carlie)
13: Strawberry Kiwi (teh pope/Kal)
17: Big Hot & Karl (Rice/Boomstick)
17: Who Needs Mario? (Pneuma/Naon)
17: RBF (Knives & Broly)
17: PAGS (Ragnarock/Mr. P)
17: Jellyfish Pirates (Bear/Sethlon)
17: Angry Taco (RAWR/tac0)
17: RockIV (Gus/DJG)
17: URFUK'D (Flarefox/Varuna)
25: Handicap (Vash, Apoc)
25: Team ***** (AGA/Break)
25: Boondocks (F4L/Rok)
25: Herbavores (Jared/Poot)

1: Team Magnolia ($126.00)
2: The Romosexuals ($36.00)
3: Team Dat ($18.00)
4: Half of our crew is wasted. Guess who!
5: Xelic is Gay!!!
5: Magical Unicorns
7: I'll throw a Ness ditto at you!
7: San **** Antonio
9: Pues a la verga

I'm not sure if that's how crews actually went down, but eh.

FACT: Xelic IS gay, and automatically radically fey.

I'll post shout outs later, I have clas in 4 hours lolzzzz

tsetse

Smash Lord
Wow broly i think you just beat KEV$ for the best valley smasher title. Seriously forget all the valley smash tourney results. This proves that in the valley you truly are the best. Remember I told you 2 years ago you would not get the respect until you went out of the valley and proved yourself, well you did it this weekend so mad props.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Over $300 dollars from the singles pot and $65 from the crews pot were stolen by Kyle. Congratulations on stealing from the smash community, Manaclou--er, Mosquito.

Broly

Smash Lord
lol, thx rey, yea good games to all people. i never thought that i would of made it that far. i seriously got owned in friendlies by sethlon, but hes too good. shoutouts:

Cave- still winning like always, but i beat ur marth XP.

Xelic- being a beast as usual, but not teaming w/ me hurt ya in the long run.

Mosquito- running a top tier tourny, had a lot of fun even tho no low tier.

Smiles- good games n srry for playing you twice in da tourny.

Rob$- NO JOHNS

Florida and Louisiana- Major props for coming all this way n making this tourny a huge success. good games to RAM

LG- i almost laughed off my wagon, n got scared cuz i thought u would throw ur remote at me.

Carlie- for giving me inspiration, lol j/k.

i kno this was only my first big tourny in texas, but i hope that i am at least considered top ten or close to it.

AND WHERE WAS BETTY???

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
I was luckily able to sneak in a group pic before most of the people left. :)

(I apologize for the quality of the pictures not being that good, but it was the best I could get from my crappy digital camera)

Xelic

Smash Ace
LOLOLOLOL

Anyway, I have some time before I go to class, so I'll see what I can do in the way of shoutouts:

First of all, thank you North Florida and Lousiana for driving all the way out to the middle of ****ing Texas just to play with us. Y'all were a lot of fun and soso good. I hope y'all had a great time, and I'm looking forward to visiting y'all in the future. Way to step it the **** up and I hope you all made it back home in one piece. That being said, I'll move onto the individuals...as I remember them.

Galt- LOLZ. That's all I have to say to you.

Taylor- We ****ing ***** in teams. Oh my god I almost feel bad for the poor noobs that had to play us, but it's their fault for being such noobs. =D

Broly- I don't know if I was really hurt. Taylor carried our team QUITE a way through the tourney. ;) Anyway, you're ****ing amazing, and I think you have earned an incredible degree of respect with your performance. Most people would be happy just to get 4th at a tourney of this size, but to get 4th without being able to even touch the shoulder buttons or Z is beyond ridiculous. It may even be ludicrous. You are truly too good.

DoH- Stop trying to beat me in tournaments! =D Also, that crew match was so messed up. You hit me with a bomb and then we had a lightsaber battle. Stupid match.

Rob$- ;)

Cave- Once again, your Sheik prevails, but I AM getting closer. =D

Kite- Thanks for starting the tourney with me. <3

Austin people- **** you guys. You don't deserve shoutouts.

SA people- I'd say the same thing, but I don't live in SA. Anyway, it was good fun to see Dyse, Wombat, Ben, Kyle, Tommy, SOS, and everyone else again. I even caught a glimpse of the rare and elusive retired Smashers. <3

SOS- Man, what the ****? Don't lose before we even fight. =/ Good fun at your place, good fun everywhere. :)

Sethlon- Holy ****ing ****. I love you. You carried our crew to victory. I'm honored to have been a part of Magnolia. <3

Bear, Lep, Zero- Good **** to all of you guys in crews as well. Everyone did their part, and it was amazing. =D

Smiles- YOU know. =D

Hylian and Espy AKA ISAI!!!- Sorry I had to Isai(!) you guys in team. I only did it because it was horribly ironic. <3

Pneuma- Good job defeating the 3rd place singles tourney winner...with Luigi. =DDDDDDDDDDD

Houston- Good **** you guys OH WAIT YOU DIDN'T SHOW UP

Bluezaft- **** you and your sword.

JR- Always great to see you again. We should play some Smash when I'm back in SA.

Haha- We had some fun matches, and you're surpisingly good. =D

FC- =) Hehehe ginger kids.

Boomstick- Your Falcon was fun to watch, but I didn't get to play you. =(

RAM- You're Luigi is great, and you're an awesome guy. I enjoyed hanging out and talking with you. North Florida is too good.

Drumma Boi- You're my new favorite person. You and RAM made this tourney so awesome for me. I hope I can actually make it out to Florida at some point so we can hang out some more. <3

LG- I'll admit that you're a worthy opponent in the **** talk arena, but I do believe that I am more brutal, though you ARE louder. I salute you.

Swift John- Good ****. You're another cool dude. Come hang out in Austin and play with us.

Drew and Chang- **** you two for not coming. </3

Xelic- Thanks for bringing spirit to the tournament with your top tier trash talking. I pity the fools who were on the receiving end. Being so awesome, it's no wonder people at the tourney were mistaking you for Jesus.

Smiles, Forkgirl, and DoH- Thanks for running the brackets and making sure that the tournament actually happened.

Rayzorium- Where the hell where you?! ='(

Cyphus- I'm sad that I only got to **** talk you and we didn't play at all. =( Thanks for stopping by.

Lee- <3 Good games, and thanks for selling Galt your controller, because I was tired of his bull**** controller johns. Come live here kthx. =D

Taylor/Kyle- Good games, and great time hanging out at Whataburger. <3

Sun and the guy with the ponytail- Fun matches we had, and thanks for getting a lot of matches on tape. Do try to put them up on YouTube. <3

Taco- Thanks for the Bowser ditto. =D

Everyone else: <3

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Over $300 dollars from the singles pot and $65 from the crews pot were stolen by Kyle. Congratulations on stealing from the smash community, Manaclou--er, Mosquito.
Zaft, I'm glad DOH (check the first post for your shout out) didn't decide to get all internets on me and try to make me look the bad guy out here on the board (although he did voice his opinion). You on the other hand.....

Fact is this, man. First, there was the venue fee. That was split between me and the owner. Further still, I used my own cut to account for the 5 dollars short from the singles pot. Then my cut was reduced further when I had to use the place for an extra hour. And because of that time constraint, crews did not fully finish, and feeling bad for Florida, who said they really needed the gas money (they had one hella of a time getting here) I gave them my own money to help them out. Am I making up these expenses? No, ask Drumma Boi himself, I gave him the money. I'm not also taking out for gas, electricity, and the million other things that Manacloud tried to use to justify the scandalous OC 3.

Lastly, it was me left responsible to make sure: things were progressing on time, make the important decision on how the heck to finish this thing when time began to run out, make sure the place was cleaned up, (which only a few people actually decided to do) and register people (granted, I did have help when I asked for it.)

So Chris, I want YOU to hold an event this big and enjoy ending up with less than you started with. I did not do this to get rich. I'm not Joe Michael by any means.

And lastly, I do apologize for anything that went wrong with this event. I thought the first day was stupendous, but I know the second day could have gone much smoother if people arrived sooner and we did not try to run crews alongside teams. Plus we didn't get to do random or the low tier events either.

Results are being put in the first post right now. My shouts out as well. If anyone has any pictures or filming uploaded, PM them to my account.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Thanks kyle for hosting something this big man. Lot of appreciation from me and the 2 from san angelo.
I had more than fun with this. Hope to see all you guys again real soon.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
We all just got home......

Just so u guys know the getting lost 4 times and one flat on the way to texas turned into the mobile guys getting another 2 flat tires. One from a blow out and one from a nail in the road. Say a prayer for those guys they are making it to mobile slowly. Me boom ram and rice are all back in our houses sooo I am praying for our mobile brothers.

Awsome fun playing all you texas peeps!!!

Shout outs later....... tired now......

RAM

Smash Lord
13 hrs later and We're just getting home. also you'll never guess what happened on the way home.

ANOTHER BLOWN TIRE!!! this time on the passenger side. man the ride sucked but the tourney was great.

I'm actually going to do my shoutouts now. then go to sleep.

TEXAS

First of all I have to give my first shoutout to Broly

Broly - My man. you're too good to describe and a amazing person. I wanted to get the chance to get some friendlies in with you but the line to play you was really long lol. good job getting 4th, u earned it.

S.O.S - It was nice to meet u man. every char I seen u play with was amazing.

Pneuma - I wish we could have played. it would have been epic my friend.

King Mosquito - U did your best running this tourney from one King to another. I enjoyed every min of it.

ForkGirl - best Female Smasher EVA!!!! I was scared when u counter picked me on Mute city.

Smilez - U have the best smile in the entire smash community and the fastest Peach I've ever seen.

DoH - we pretty much ***** each other in our set man. good games.

Xelic - Jordan ur like a modern day Jesus. I enjoyed hanging with you and those friendlies were too good.

Lep - good job in our crew battle and we had a good set.

Bear - ur too cool of a person to hang our with. DK taunt!!!!

Hylian - ur Fox is pretty **** tricky. it was nice meeting u man.

HaHa - You seem like I would get along with you well, you are just as Random as I am. just walked up to me and said did u know the McRib was back at McDonalds? lol I hope that next time we meet. we actually get to play a couple of games.

Kite- Thomas you're one of the very few good ppl in this world. thanks for the housing. and the friendlies were fun as hell.

Save the Queen - That Yellow Yoshi of yours is crazy. it was nice meeting u. Also I want to see those pics u took.

Sethlon - Greatest Roy I ever seen. our friendlies were too fun. I wish Low tier would have happened, to see how it would have unfolded between such awesome low tier players such as ourselves, until next time Take care man. ^_^

Caveman - That last min cape scarred me for life. thank you for taking out the time to play me in some friendlies before we were booted out of Gamelot. ur too good and ur Shiek is the only one that was'nt boring to watch. Crazy Spacing!

LOUISIANA

Shyguy - good friendlies man. we did'nt get to play that much.

Taylor - Ur always cool to talk to, we did'nt play at all this time.

Kyle - I hate Marths. LOL luckily you're cool so you're forgiven this time ^_^

Cyphus - our set was my closest set in a long, LONG time. 1 stock each game with high or mid damage. next time we play we have to keep it that exciting.

Lee - U eat too much lil buddy. we did'nt get to play either but it was fun as always hanging with you man. until next time.

Flarefox - quiet as always. we should play next time.

Varuna - it was nice to meet u. ur Falcon have the potential to be a monster.

And Lastly my crew FLORIDA!!!

Ragnarok - I heard u named battle the other Ragnarok and won! good ****. we went thru alot to get to this tourney but it was fun as hell when we actually made it.

Mr. P - Your a good minion, ur moving up in the world. try not to be so nervous when u play. u can do alot better then ur doing now.

Ricey Poo - Still good as always taking 13 stocks and 9 stocks in two diffrent crew battles. but since ur so good ur also an A$$ I only got to play in 1 crew battle out of 3. So I say poo to you!

Boomstick - I guess ur Falcon is alright. I'm gald ur in the same crew as me.

Drumma Boi/ Leprechaun/ Circles / Stumpy / Tickle Me ****** - I think I got all of your major nick names LOL, As always ur navigation skills are top.
notch. but seriously ur a good lil buddy and my bad in teams. next time we'll do better. Call me later for some smash if u can.

<_<
>_>

CHUMP!!!!!

if I forgot anyone I'm sorry I'm a jerk, Please forgive me and let me know if I have forgotten u, and I'll make my shoutout for you. as for me, I'm going take a shower and sleep till Wensday. God Bless everyone, I had an awesome time and wish we could have stayed for the after party but things happen and

I LOVE THE TEXAS SMASH COMMUNITY!!!!!!!

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Darkness of Heart, seriously man. I'm either "RoK", or "RagnaRoK" on official things like this, I would prefer "RagnaRoK" >_< Or my full title, for it must be known! Otherwise they wont' know who you're referring to, outside of the Dallas Community of course.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
yeah tourney was ****ing amazing i get pwnd in singles though lol i guess we need to make a sos's revenge? lolz good teaming with you doh we *****.

the pics are to gooood lolz

my fave part of the tourney is when i took off 16 stock in crew's raaaaape lollololol

i should of just made a sos crew me with 20 stock lol

but naw best times ever. ill do more shout outs later. because im kind of hung over. the after party was raaape kal got pwnd lolz

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
yeah tourney was ****ing amazing i get pwnd in singles though lol i guess we need to make a sos's revenge? lolz good teaming with you doh we *****.

the pics are to gooood lolz

my fave part of the tourney is when i took off 16 stock in crew's raaaaape lollololol

i should of just made a sos crew me with 20 stock lol

but naw best times ever. ill do more shout outs later. because im kind of hung over. the after party was raaape kal got pwnd lolz
LMAO What happened to kal????

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
LMAO What happened to kal????
lets just say that due to a few people he woke up with multiple peni$'es on his face lol (from a sharpee lol) me and bear are chillin in the patio and he comes out ok who ever did this im ****ing pissed its not funny lol it was great

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Shout outs!

Caveman - Good **** winning. You still have it in ya man. Too bad you couldn't make it sunday until the very end.

Xelic - Hylian is why I'm Xelic = lawl.

DoH - You beat me in tournament in teams and singles!!! AGAIN! XD. I will get you eventually. Grats on 3rd.

Broly - You are pretty much the best smasher ever. I was sad I didn't get to play you. Good stuff.

Kyle - I never played you!!!! I think >_>...

Rob$ - You know I should of won our set :chuckle:.

Rice - You owned my crew. Thanks for coming all the way to texas and very nice falco.

Ram - Sick luigi. Seriously. Fun talking with you when we got a chance. I don't remember if I played you or not though >_>.

Mr. C - I can't believe we came back and won in teams against you and kite. Good games.

Smiles - You are a beast. And pretty funny. Don't drink and smash!

Cyphus - Your doc is amazing. I never did wrestle you though XD. <3. And thanks for coming to texas again!!!!

Lee - I <3 you. XD. Seriously your mario is insane. You should come live in texas!!! <3. Sorry about owning you and cypus in teams haha. Jk :).

Save The Queen - I play you like..everyday. GS beating SOS.

Boomstick - You slaughtered me in crews. I did beat you in tournament though so I guess we are even? XD Good games man. Nice Falcon.

Bear - NEver played you...and I can't drive your car! ITS TOO SIMPLE!

Pneuma - I haven't seen you at a tourny in forever! Good friendlies.

bluezaft - LMAO at LG trash talking you. Good **** in teams! I am sad I didn't get to play you!

SOS - You lost to austin?!?! GG sir. XD Thanks for the housing and you are seriously an awesome guy. You must hold another tournament like this.

Taylor - not forkgirl taylor but the other one...You 4 stocked my step-brother..LMAO. Good ****!

Vash - Sorry I couldn't find someone good to team with you!!! Cool guy :).

Flarefox - Thanks for recording all those matchs! You played much better in crews then in tourny..fun matchs though!

Rok from dallas - ...

Ragnarock from florida - I think I played you...not sure heh.

Mr.P - same with you >_>.

Drumma Boi - Ughh...peach...Just kidding haha I loved all you florida people.

Swift - I don't think I got the chance to play you bleh.

Kite - Nice finally meeting you!!! Good games in teams and crews!

Rage - Don't think I played you either!

Mosquito - Good tournament games. Close.

Santi - I remember playing you in friendlies!!

Puffball/Espy - Wow we own in teams. We will win next time!!!!

haha - Good stuff beating STQ in tourny.

Sethlon - You are a beast. Enough said.

Galt - Holy crap you came. And you have lee's controller. I envy you haha.

LG - Holy **** you are loud.

Majin - I never got to play you!!!

Lep - Never played you either...

Varuna - I don't think I played you but you played against our crew! GG;s.

forkgirl - You're lucky jordan was on your team lawl. Good games ^_^.

Wombat - Long time no see.

SHYG - You just kinda...disappeared >_>...

KNIVES - Good friendlies.

Dojo - You had one hell of a sexy falco.

Carlie - I remembered you!

Major thanks to florida and lousiana for coming!!! All of you were awesome. Good games everyone!

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
11/17/07-11/18/07 Final Smash: S.O.S.'S Final ****: Results!

To everyone who came:
I'm amazed that I had such an amazing turnout. When I got there at 11 am the first day and only saw 3 people, I was only expecting 40 to 50 max. But all 3 states showed up, there was 72 entrants for singles, 28 teams and 9 crews, and I couldn't have been happier. This is far and away the biggest player ran Smash tournament in Texas since MOAST 3. I hope this restores San Antonio's status as a great place to have tournaments. But enough about this, here's what everyone wants to see:

Singles:

1: Caveman
2: Xelic
3: DoH
4: Broly
5: Kyle
5: Rob$
7: Rice
7: Ram
9: Hylian
9: Mr. C
9: Smiles
9: Cyphus
13: XLR8
13: Lee
13: Save The Queen
13: Boomstick
17: Bear
17: Pneuma
17: bluezaft
17: Raki
17: SOS
17: Taylor
17: Vash
17: Flarefox
25: Rok
25: Break
25: Fear
25: Ragnarock
25: Mr.P
25: Drumma Boi
25: Swift
25: Kite
33: Rage
33: Mosquito
33: Zach
33: Vlad
33: Santi
33: Puffball
33: haha
33: Sethlon
33: Galt
33: F4L
33: LG
33: teh pope
33: Jared
33: DV8
33: Majin
33: Lep
49: Varuna
49: forkgirl
49: Buh?
49: Gus
49: Wombat
49: SHYG
49: Box
49: LAM
49: RAWR
49: DJG
49: EHA
49: AGA
49: KNIVES
49: EDDY
49: Klown
49: tac0
65: APOC
65: FC
65: Dojo
65: Carlie
65: MEAN
65: Jay
65: Cake
65: Naon

Teams:

1: Campy McBackair (bluezaft/Smiles)
2: Legally Blonde (SOS/DoH)
3: ********* (Forkgirl/Xelic)
4: ISAIII!!! (Hylian/Espy)
5: Thin Chicks Need Lovin' Too (Kite/Mr C)
5: I herd u liek Mudkips (Reqy, JF)
7: Magical Unicorns (Cyphus/Lee)
7: The Coheed Empire (haha/Darkrillin)
9: Taylor/Kyle (Taylor/Kyle)
9: Team Never Dies (Majin/Mosquito)
9: Team Blaba (Lep/Zero)
9: Turbo Fudge (Ram/Drumma)
13: Blue Magic Sponsored by Chris Chu (Fyre/XLR8)
13: Swift Gangastas (Swift/LG)
13: No Johns (Dyse/Carlie)
13: Strawberry Kiwi (teh pope/Kal)
17: Big Hot & Karl (Rice/Boomstick)
17: Who Needs Mario? (Pneuma/Naon)
17: RBF (Knives & Broly)
17: PAGS (Ragnarock/Mr. P)
17: Jellyfish Pirates (Bear/Sethlon)
17: Angry Taco (RAWR/tac0)
17: RockIV (Gus/DJG)
17: URFUK'D (Flarefox/Varuna)
25: Handicap (Vash, Apoc)
25: Team ***** (AGA/Break)
25: Boondocks (F4L/Rok)
25: Herbavores (Jared/Poot)

Crews (due to time constraints, we had to leave out grand finals, and thus no true 3rd place.)

1: Team Magnolia
2: The Romosexuals
Tied for 3rd: Team Dat and Half of our crew is wasted. Guess who!
5: Xelic is Gay!!!
5: Magical Unicorns
7: I'll throw a Ness ditto at you!
7: San **** Antonio
9: Pues a la verga

NOTE: SOS set the record for most stock taken in a single crew battle, 16!
And Sethlon is too good. He definitely carried Magnolia's victory, right down to the last fight between him and Bluezaft (truly an epic match).

My Shout Outs:

First to the people that helped me:

DOH: thanks for simply busting out your lap top when Smiles screwed up royally. Also your understanding of Tio helped out a lot. We would have been horribly delayed if you didn't do that. Thank you. Seriously, I really appreciate it. I can't say it enough.

Forkgirl, Bear, UglyWombat: thanks for helping me call out matches and manning the station when I was up. The host can't simply sit down the entire time (and I have the sore legs to prove it.)

SOS, UglyWombat, and Kite:
thanks for housing people (since I couldn't do it anymore:()

And Smiles: Well, I guess you made a banner..... less than a week before the tournament, and one I had to finish myself. And you totally bogged us down by saying "oh, my bracket program is great! I've used it before. It'll be fine:cool:." Shoulda stayed in school! So why are you getting a shout out in this section? So I can call you a NOOOOOOOOOOOOB lol:psycho:

Now, on to the players:

SOS: You will have your revenge. But next time, you're going to have to do more than show up late with a hangover and play friendlies the whole time.

AustinRC: Boo you beat SOS:( oh well, it just goes to show how you improved from when I first played you WAY back at WTYM 2. Thanks for the show of support. It's nice to know you're appreciated.:)

Caveman: Well, I guess you managed to disprove the rumors that you stop caring and wouldn't be able to win. Good stuff.

Rob$: Shoulda gone Falco;)

Smiles: From this :) to :( oh how cruel it is to be beaten twice. Don't drink and drive son.

Lep:
Johnny Quest ftw lolz. Good job in crews.

Sethlon:
Still too good. I saw your Roy beasting in crews, even against Peaches(!) and it's a shame that we couldn't have gotten most of it recorded. Plus, thanks for all the Guilty Gear we played at SOS's apartment. I learned a few things, and finally ***** your Johnny. Robo Ky dittos are too much fun. You have to come to my GG tournament. You'll be the first smasher to know the date.

Bear: Still of the greatest smashers to ever party with. Can't wait for you to come down again just to hang.

To the rest of Magnolia who DIDN'T COME:
you guys missed out.

Xelic:
Must you and DOH be in the finals AGAIN? Peach dittos hurt my eyes because they take so **** long. Maybe if you learned another character you can stop losing to Sheik:laugh: Thanks for coming Jordan.

Hylian: I really do want to rematch you. I just won't pick Dreamland anymore against Fox.

Taco: We had a great match. But my Gannon is amazing at comebacks >.> Chainthrow to dsmash to fair just wrecks too much.

Cyphus and the rest of LA: I'm actually amazed I went stock for stock with your Doc in crews. I usually choke under such pressure. However, I really should have just restarted the whole. But I didn't know that Lee wasn't supposed to be Mario until he took out 2 people. If I wasn't so concerned about the time, we would have done that. I look forward to a rematch in future. I sure you do as well.

Drumma Boi and the rest of FL: thanks for being cool about the second day. Your crew definitely made quite the comeback against San Antonio. Of course, I think I will be banning Poke floats next time around:ohwell: I saw a lot of interesting techniques from you guys. Each state seems to have their own unique tactics. I hope you all made it home safely and can come again in the future.

Bluezaft:
come to think of it, we totally forgot about the Peach ditto we were supposed to play. But that's both of our faults. I really wanted to see if I could beat you (I was playing so horrible last time at Trader's Planet). As for the money thing...... go check page 65 for my response to the matter.

Kal, Galt, Dojo, Santi, numerous others I played in friendlies:
gg everyone. Especially Kal for getting way better in such a short period of time.

LG:your smack talk is too good. I can't wait to get a link up in this thread to what Austin RC recorded (it was at least most of your match against Bluezaft, maybe more than that).

Waco: While you were a big part of the inspiration to hold this, I'm sad not a single one of you came, especially since you showed up to the BETTY tournament and didn't even post you were coming.

If I think of anyone else I forget, I'll try to add them.

In conclusion:

I really do apologize for anything that went wrong with this event. I thought the first day was stupendous, but I know the second day could have gone much smoother if people arrived sooner and we did not try to run crews alongside teams. Plus we didn't get to do random or the low tier events either. And since the delay on Brawl wasn't announced when I first put this up, I want to try to get it done bigger and better, so......

Keep an eye for the sequel: Final Smash 2: SOS's Revenge!
Date: TBA

<3 to all the smashers that thanked me for holding the tournament.

Boo on Forkgirl and Smiles for getting up everyone's hope for a tournament that they didn't hold, and I decided to take over myself.

Hail to the King Mosquito, baby.

i lold at the hail to the king mosquito thing lol

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Rok: The other ragnarok was registered before you and I don't think tio would have differentiated between the sticky caps, so I put you as Rok

And shout outs.

Galt: I won money in every event too...and I get nothing. :(

Cave: we never get to play :(

Rob$: ... lolz man you're loosing weight

Broly: get a controller mod so you can use l/r and **** sauce. but not SOS, he's a girl.

Kyle: omg Yoshi's story = peach story. but gg on ****** me on battlefield

Hylian: Sorry for crushing your dreams. Hey look, I'm the new Drew!

Rice: omg i hearted green greens for a second and then no. I think you should pump out your shine faster, it seemed like it was easy to sheild grab you.

RAM: Worst counter pick ever. Best almost comeback ever.

Pneuma: boo luigi ick

Boomstick: you should have played for Dallas. Seriously. Destruction.

Lee: omg we didn't play :(

Cyphus: I think I called your name a lot. We didn't get to wrestle. nekkid.

Swift: rapesauce in crews

LG: wtf this guy is playing luigi! sex kick more!

DrummaBoi: Xelic wants to ask you out, but he doesn't have any balls. But we didn't get to ditttttooooooooo

Carlie: Holy **** your peach ***** me in teams.

Taylor: You're so meaaaaan. I don't know how you get the best players to team with you...lend me your feminine wiles.

Chris: Stop keeping me away from smiles in teams. You're mean. Yay for cews!

Smiles: lololz drinking, boo for teams wins

SOS: I <3 teaming with you, we should have gone all Peach/Falco, but 2nd w00t!!

Xelic: You're so mean to me. All the time. And you cheated more than I did with those stitches. *****es. <3 <3 I'll beat you sometime. I wub you though.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
"Boo on Forkgirl and Smiles for getting up everyone's hope for a tournament that they didn't hold, and I decided to take over myself."

omg i wasnt even gonna talk about how effed up a lot of things were, but it's like you're asking for it : /

the reason we didn't have our tournament was because you stole it out from underneath us. We didnt just NOT do it, so stop talking about how lazy we are for not making it happen. while we were planning this with cliff (who we told at the very beginning would get money from an entry fee, NOT the pot) you went to him and he decided to drop our tournament and have yours instead (i guess he knew he could make a lot more money if it was being taken out of the pot.)

Its annoying that when we try to throw a touranment, smiles and i get IMs from a lot of texas smashers saying that their city should be the one to have it in and and that they'd be more fit to host a large tournament. we wanted to throw a tournament becuase we love smash and the smash community and its a lot of fun seeing everyone, etc. Not because we want credit or becuase we want to use tournaments to make money

I'm not even gonna talk about the tournament
i'll do shoutouts later :)

Smiles

Smash Journeyman
"Boo on Forkgirl and Smiles for getting up everyone's hope for a tournament that they didn't hold, and I decided to take over myself."

omg i wasnt even gonna talk about how effed up a lot of things were, but it's like you're asking for it : /

the reason we didn't have our tournament was because you stole it out from underneath us. We didnt just NOT do it, so stop talking about how lazy we are for not making it happen. while we were planning this with cliff (who we told at the very beginning would get money from an entry fee, NOT the pot) you went to him and he decided to drop our tournament and have yours instead (i guess he knew he could make a lot more money if it was being taken out of the pot.)

Its annoying that when we try to throw a touranment, smiles and i get IMs from a lot of texas smashers saying that their city should be the one to have it in and and that they'd be more fit to host a large tournament. we wanted to throw a tournament becuase we love smash and the smash community and its a lot of fun seeing everyone, etc. Not because we want credit or becuase we want to use tournaments to make money

I'm not even gonna talk about the tournament
i'll do shoutouts later :)
Exactly.

And lazy? hows being at the actual desk, calling matches, organizing brackets for about 10% of the whole time while other people ran your tournament. Taylor is right reason we took long is because we were promised so much and didnt like what turned out for us. Also stealing the hype from our tournament. We planned for this to be sooo much bigger, more organized, bigger venue even. As for the credit. I remember even you telling me not to take ANY credit from this because of a previous tourney and asking me to do sooo much. low. So give credit for this tournament where credit is due. No hard feelings dude, just stop giving us a hard time.

lol once again shoutout later lol

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
Hey, cool tourney, no body probly remebers me but i was the shy kid from LA who sucked, i dunno i was kinda out of it. My first match was with broly and that kinda took me of guard but i did manage to get him down to one stock before losing, then rice proceeded to **** the crap out of me in my second match :(

I think i played alot of people but i dont really remeber who, I played mario, fox , and falco and was wearing jeans/shorts and a blue shirt....

The rest of La did pretty good congrats on kyle on getting 5th and everyone else for doing good,

p.s. that girl in the white shirt is hot

i dunno the only thing i think i really remeber was i beat ram in a fox ditto and it was a really good match

i went to the arcade to day and spent 20 dollars playing sf3 3rd strike and spent like like 20 dollars getting my a$$ kicked, i think im migh like it more than melee and am definetly looking into finding some 3rd stike tournaments

Im sorry for nott introducing my self to any one im like not good at that but i have alot of respect for the players in texas caveman, xelic, doh, broly smiles etc.......

but anyways thanks for hosting the tourney its always good playing new people and improving my game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom