• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/17/07-11/18/07: Final Smash (S.O.S.'S Final ****), San Antonio TX: Results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can bring 2 cubes and 2 copies of smash and possibly a TV if you need it.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
Kyle you should recieve my PM but jic.

I can bring 2 cubes, and one Wii, all with corresponding SSBM games. I can also bring one TV for sure, and then maybe my friends.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I already PMed you Mosquito, but incase you didn't get it:

I'll be able to supply 1 Gamecube and 1 copy of Smash.

RAM

Smash Lord
We're probably going to make it to this. if our ride pull thru, and we could'nt make it to the CT tourney. so if possible can me and 4 other smashers from NFL get housing??? Never been to a Texas tourney and we're dying for a tourney so this just seem just about right.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
We're probably going to make it to this. if our ride pull thru, and we could'nt make it to the CT tourney. so if possible can me and 4 other smashers from NFL get housing??? Never been to a Texas tourney and we're dying for a tourney so this just seem just about right.
Where is NFL?

Also, you should post this in the tourny section so OOS people can see it :)

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
i can house you but i will need your contact info such as cell # etc also you have to bring pillows and blanks food etc also where is NFL???

p.s. kal and hylian ftw!!!

RAM

Smash Lord
NFL is the panhandle of FL. about 7 hours from Orlando. and about 11 or so hours from u guys.

S.O.S - NFL travel to OOS alot since OOS tournies are closer then FL tournies like GA being 5 hrs and LA being 3 and a half. I'll get in touch with u as the tourney date closes in because we still need to find out if the Driver can save enough money to come or else we won't make it to this. As for food, We usually just get Fast food if the tourney is 2 days or more, and we always bring our Pillows and such. None the less thank u very much for the offer!!!! I hope we can make it to this. Should be fun. ^_^

Hylian - Will do good sir. Can u send me a link for that thread.

K1T3

Smash Lord
Agrees with posting in main tourny discussion for more OOS. I'd probably be willing to house OOS people since I know SOS is running out of room just let me know before hand if yall need it cause I'd have to make arangements, make sure that I can and all.

Also I'm still voting for pools. Kyle I know you want this tourny to be good. It will probably be quite hard to keep everything organized unless you get a whole lot of helpers, and with such a huge bracket... So I would suggest pools with assigning each pool a captain that is responsible for making the matches in that pool happen. This will speed up the process of the tourny and put less burden on you. Then this can be done to eliminate to a 32 man bracket or whatever you want. Tia also has a great system for setting up pools since you said you were going to look into that.

I should be bringing a cube and smash, and hopefully a TV as well. I would think at Least 25 TVs would be needed to help everything run smoothly.

RAM who all would be coming with you?

SOS you should be WalMart to fight HEB =P

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
For the record, I did post this in the main thread, but no one besides SOS and Ben posted. I'm quite shocked that Florida took notice all of a sudden, and to have OOS is more than I could have hoped for. I will see about putting this up again, and see if anyone from NM or somewhere may be interested. Oklahoma never seemed to take interest for some reason.

I still don't like pools. We shall end up deciding that once we get a final registration. Despite this thing getting even bigger than I hoped, it's still no OC3 or FC Diamond.

People I know that will be helping me and not playing would be Matt (the funny red haired kid) and Quincy (GreyFox). I will be receiving additional support from SAK and its extended family.

FYI if you are not going to play in any events I do expect you to be helping me out and not sucking up space playing only friendlies. It pains me to see big turnouts and less than half of the players enter.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
I'll definitely be helping like I said, I'm going to run as an official to help get things moving in the tournament. Umm, also, I was going to ask, are we going to have room to put all of these TVs and cubes in the store or are we gonna need addiitional tables to make some space? Also, that brings up another question, what about chairs? If we need chairs, I can support 4 folding chairs.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
i vote against pools. I do love pools, but with so many events, pools would take forever. plus even though this should have a pretty good turnout, not soooo big that we'd need pools, ya know?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
i vote against pools. I do love pools, but with so many events, pools would take forever. plus even though this should have a pretty good turnout, not soooo big that we'd need pools, ya know?
Finally, someone besides Kite commenting on this. Thanks for agreeing with me Taylor.

As for space, we already have space for the 16 tvs that are there, but I'm not sure exactly how much more we can fit. I'll stop by Gamelot myself again, take some rough measurements of the area we have (we are competing with a WOW card tournament on Saturday).

We will need tables for extra tvs people are bringing.

Mr.C

Smash Master
If the tournament is actually big then use pools. Pools will not take long at all as long as everyone is not playing friendlies and getting into their matches quickly as possible. Which is the responsibility of the officials.

RAM

Smash Lord
Chances on making this have upped a bit.

I'm bringing myself, Rice, Drumma Boi from FL and Ragnarok and Mr P from Mobile.

( I personally hope Low Tiers happen ^_^ )

P.S Me and Rice are really looking forward to coming to this.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
****it...

More likely than not, I may not be able to attend on the 17th. Bad crap went down recently.

Sorry Hylian, you might have to find another tag partner.

This also means I can't take my Gamecube on the 17th.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
****it...

More likely than not, I may not be able to attend on the 17th. Bad crap went down recently.

Sorry Hylian, you might have to find another tag partner.

This also means I can't take my Gamecube on the 17th.
Duly noted. We can hopefully get a replacement.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I just checked the first post for schedule.

Hylian, I can still be your teammate for doubles, as I can go on the 18th. I just won't be there on the 17th is all.

On that note, I will supply a Gamecube on the 18th.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
If low tier happens, it will be last, right? I want to be out of there on Sunday as soon as possible, so let's make it last.

And my car will bring a cube and possibly a VCR recording matches if we can figure out how to get them online.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
RagnaRoK's John-a-thon.

LOW TIER TOURNAMENT: In my opinion this is a bunch of ****ing bull****. Seriously, for us who Main a Low tier this is ****ing disgraceful. You don't have "All high tier" or all "Bottom Tier" Tournaments, why the hell would you hold a Low Tier tournament? I play Roy and all these *******s who wouldn't touch him in a regularly tournament are probably going to be using him, My other Crewmates main's, Yoshi and Link will also under-go the same thing. This is a bunch of B.S. And should be taken out. Though most would say "Good, then you'll have an advantage, stop complaining". That ain't the point of the whole **** thing. The thing is, it's bull****. If you gonna hold a all Low Tier, hold an all Top, High, Middle and Bottom as well.

Attention: I RagnaRoK the Reaper is attending (Update the front page, my public needs me) I also need a team-mate, so I'm taking applications, PM me sucka.

Mr.C

Smash Master
pretty much normal tournaments are an "all top tier" type of thing =]

But I agree low tier tournaments are a waste of time.

EDIT: seed this tournament well....noob seedings are for fatties. That why we should do pools =]

Galt

Smash Journeyman
I was going to say that low-tier tournaments are fun because I like G&W lots of bunches, but then I remembered that G&W even gets ***** by low-tiers. I think he only has a distinct advantage over Mewtwo. Pichu can combo G&W across the stage with SHFFL'd n-airs and then rofl on the ground because G&W can't get back from 6 horizontal feet away from the stage. Even Gimpy says Bowser is better than G&W... and that's pretty much as low as a character can get. I heard that Sakurai purposely made G&W terrible because G&W's black and he's a racist. I heard that G&W and MissingNo. from Pokemon got in a fight and G&W lost.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I might be able to bring a tv...depends on how much I want to pack for an overnight trip.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
Galt, watch smiles play g&w...his is very good. you've just never seen what a good g&w looks like ;D maybe you should go back to sheik...actually your shiek sucked too : /

you should just wait for brawl to come out :p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
LOW TIER TOURNAMENT: In my opinion this is a bunch of ****ing bull****. Seriously, for us who Main a Low tier this is ****ing disgraceful. You don't have "All high tier" or all "Bottom Tier" Tournaments, why the hell would you hold a Low Tier tournament? I play Roy and all these *******s who wouldn't touch him in a regularly tournament are probably going to be using him, My other Crewmates main's, Yoshi and Link will also under-go the same thing. This is a bunch of B.S. And should be taken out. Though most would say "Good, then you'll have an advantage, stop complaining". That ain't the point of the whole **** thing. The thing is, it's bull****. If you gonna hold a all Low Tier, hold an all Top, High, Middle and Bottom as well.

Attention: I RagnaRoK the Reaper is attending (Update the front page, my public needs me) I also need a team-mate, so I'm taking applications, PM me sucka.
If it does happen, then you know what you could do? Not enter, that's what.

Wait a second, WAS there gonna be a low tier on Sunday?

@ Forkgirl: lol, ur so mean...

Galt

Smash Journeyman
Man, that's some quality Forkgirl sniping. She's been storing it up lately, waiting to unleash it all at once.

Also, I've fought Smiles's G&W once, and I fought him with G&W, and Galt's G&W > Smiles's Luigi (that'll never happen again). Also also, Sheik is super-boring. Also also also, I'm probably not going to bother with Brawl.

So I might actually go to this tournament, as a sort of closure for my Smash career. If I do, though, I'll probably treat it more as fun than as competition. I can fight good players here in Austin for free whenever I want, after all. In fact, they don't leave me alone, and interfere with my ability to get my work done by camping out in my room three days a week. I haven't decided whether I want to attend, but I don't think I'll be terribly busy that weekend. So we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom