• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

11/10/2007 - GIGABITS (Orlando, FL) - We are thankful for Smash!

Noishe

Smash Rookie
Wow, this is the first time I have ever posted on this forum and I've been reading everything for a few months now... I live really close to this tournament and I really want to go. However, my parents don't really want me to because I don't know anyone that's going to be there. This would also be my first tournament. I'm such a n00b!:laugh:

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Wow, this is the first time I have ever posted on this forum and I've been reading everything for a few months now... I live really close to this tournament and I really want to go. However, my parents don't really want me to because I don't know anyone that's going to be there. This would also be my first tournament. I'm such a n00b!:laugh:
I understand Noishe, it's definitely unsettling the first time you're thinking about meeting this group of people who you've only met on the internet.
Maybe you could convince your parents to come check it out at the beginning if they're skeptical and leave when they're satisfied? Idk how old you are so if you'd be driving yourself or not.

Welcome to the tourney scene though, it's an absolute blast, and several of my closest friends i've met because of the tournament scene.

<3 smash
Goodness knows I would have quit a long time ago if I didn't enjoy spending time so much with you guys.

EDIT: I suppose it's friendly posts like these that make people forget I'm 8th or so best in the state... meh

vericz

Smash Champion
LOL at dark sonic saying hungry doesn't use rest. Hungry learned some NASTEE rests and noy just the easy upthrow rest. This little kid rests out of his sheild, JC rests out of dash, **** he even does DOUBLES RESTSS!!!!!

Hungry has learned a lot and has placed A LOT, I'm not saying he is the best but he is at the top.

My opinion on the best puff. . .RAYPUFF!!!!!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I think Exarch has a pretty good chance at this Gigs. Heck, I think ANYONE has a pretty good chance at this Gigs.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
lol at Xif thinking he can beat me...that makes me chuckle...

Noishe...checking out the venue with the parents would be a good idea...or maybe even arranging a meeting with a smasher or two to get them into the idea that yes, we are fairly normal people, and not hairy trolls.....except for Xif...

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Troll Xif for Brawl!

Xif isn't actually coming to this is he? (I don't get jokes) :(

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
ninjabox is gonna ****. end of discussion. and dark sonic, not rest oriented. have you seen him in the last couple months. this kid wins all of his games with rests. im not quite sure what your talking about. he got like 4 rests in 20 seconds in teams with me against colbol and sheer. sounds kind of rest crazy to me...peace

-hiroshi

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
wtf at this thread. since when is jiggz a fun character to watch(exception king and mango) no offense guys but the way you guys play jiggz is ****ing annoying. camp the hell out of everyone. i don't really know which one of you two is better but hbox's spacing is pretty impressive.

exarch

doot doot doot
shameless self promotion FTW! Definitely not something i do often but that said...

Derf and Fenrir are sex and are like 1st and 0th best in the state.

And fred, to change size you need to write [size=x ][ /size] where x is an natural number. (minus the spaces)

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Can we stop talking about Jigglypuff? Because this is a dumb argument, and I probably shouldn't have ever said anything.

Noishe

Smash Rookie
I understand Noishe, it's definitely unsettling the first time you're thinking about meeting this group of people who you've only met on the internet.
Maybe you could convince your parents to come check it out at the beginning if they're skeptical and leave when they're satisfied? Idk how old you are so if you'd be driving yourself or not.

Welcome to the tourney scene though, it's an absolute blast, and several of my closest friends i've met because of the tournament scene.

<3 smash
Goodness knows I would have quit a long time ago if I didn't enjoy spending time so much with you guys.

EDIT: I suppose it's friendly posts like these that make people forget I'm 8th or so best in the state... meh

I guess they've agreed to let me go as long as I bring a friend or two. Hopefully they won't bail out on me because it's an all day thing. Thanks so much for the support, I'm really looking forward to this!

lol Fenrir VII, I made sure my parents knew smashers weren't hairy trolls.

skrach8

Smash Lord
facts that have come to my attention:

1. jiggs is a character that has alot going for him/her. with that said hbox and raistlin both have annoying a.s.s. jiggs because you BOTH camp and spam. but thats what puff does. but that forces others to do it back. thats y i dont feel bad.

2. Raistlin ur good. but i havent seen you at many tournies. i could be mistaken. and if you have i dont remember how high u placed. Im not saying ur bad... just saying.

3. Hbox ur really campy, ur combos are decent enough right.... i guess...and u complain alot. but no one seems to really know how to beat ur style, so that means ur good to some extent. lol u have gotten better i will say that. kinda like a double sided compliment...lol. nice.

4. Exarch u lose points for that comment. In all seriousness.

5. Im gunna take this tourny lol. jokes you get them. little bit of exarchy in me. tru. lol

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
And with that, the thread dies at the hand of Louis, the conqueror.

although he didn't mention me...I mean come on...I have to do SOMETHING to get a comment, don't I?

Noishe, good luck making the tournament, man. Hope that all works out for you. If you DO make it, hit me up...it's not that hard to find me. I typically walk around being sarcastic. I go by Fenrir or Darrel, have glasses and yeah...that's about it.

Is Xif seriously making this?

skrach8

Smash Lord
man is xif coming to this that would be awesome.

fenrir what would u like me to say, oh, we need to do some friendlies. my marth ur salad of characters.

i own peach that start with x's

Angrylobster

Smash Lord
I have the best jiggs in florida

Edit: Scratch that. Make it best Jiggs in the universe

exarch

doot doot doot
4. d'oh I lost Louis points. I think i'm just going to turn into a cocky assbag like every crew needs. I mean, now that DF isn't in our crew, someone's gotta step it up. Or maybe we can just have someone else join ours. Any applicants?

Yeh it was unnecessary... Oh well my mistake.
But i'm not the one with Chop's quote in my sig about how "exarch is really good actually" or whatever he said.

Maybe I'll just quote Doodah instead.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Exarch said assbag.

Hey Xif, you ever think about maining a character that isn't a lesbian? I hope not.

For every NT member that gets top 3, we're going to have an Mfing Fiesta!!!
(edit: and with any luck we are going to have 2-3 Mfing Fiestas!!!)

Also Luis is going to have to come up through loser's bracket after I take him out first round.

Top Bottom