• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

100% Juice - The best things in life are free.

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
Ehhh I used to be into it super competitively, but ehh idk. I hate all the new pokemanz and I would have to buy another Action replay or some crap.

Lets be real now son, no one wanna take the time to raise a pokeman to lvl100 on their own LOL. Had to cheat to get infinite rare candys and put codes to fight poekmanz like golem to gain faster EV for Def or codes for fast egg hatching lol. Fun times though.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
In HG/SS, I believe you can have your Pokemon auto-leveled to 100 when you battle.

Fly is an awful move, Baji. 70 power for a two turn attack? Ew. Peck is just as strong. Strength is super outclassed by Return. The good HM moves are Surf and Waterfall, and that's it.

Max Ketchum

Didn't know Fly was changed in 4th gen. Even then, Wing Attack is still better. Fly's only possible use is on like, an annoyer Crobat...which is kinda laughable in its own respect.

Max Ketchum

Yes Chibo, but ANNOYER Crobat? No, not really, lol. <_< There are a billion better sets.

Ether, I agree. IVs are the reason I don't want to build a team ingame like my friends from school are doing. They aren't IV breeding either, but I'm a perfectionist and would refuse to have ****ty IVs and lose because I was slightly outsped/didn't do just enough damage.

Pokesav ftw, I suppose, though I still prefer online Pokemon because of how slow-paced ingame battles are.

Allied

Smash Master
awe man :( i wish u guys would stop talking pokemon i can't talk about this stuff!?!#@!(*D@#(

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Yes Chibo, but ANNOYER Crobat? No, not really, lol. <_< There are a billion better sets.

Ether, I agree. IVs are the reason I don't want to build a team ingame like my friends from school are doing. They aren't IV breeding either, but I'm a perfectionist and would refuse to have ****ty IVs and lose because I was slightly outsped/didn't do just enough damage.

Pokesav ftw, I suppose, though I still prefer online Pokemon because of how slow-paced ingame battles are.
Yup, I co-sign this. IVs need a revamp for sure. The series has competitive potential, but RNG needs to be reduced.

Max Ketchum

Imo, the series' competitive potential has already been maximized by the simulators and hacks. They're making an effort to make IV/nature **** easier via Everstones/power items, but still...gay. You also can't do all of them at once.

I think random criticals might have to go and make it so things that raise critical hit rate are the only way to score them. It might make certain walls unbeatable, though... Then again, if they could afford to stat up that much, they probably deserve that immortal status.

I also don't like the idea of the PP system and Struggle.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Crits should be out completely, imo. They could balance the game so that tanks wouldn't be OP, without getting lucky crits. Take evasion/accuracy boost/decrease moves out of the game.

They could do a lot with PP, or even explore various other resource options.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
You guys play pokemon?

Me too :)

My team atm:

Mr. Mime
baton pass
Psychic
Calm Mind
Substitute

Espeon and Umbreon. My first baton pass team, well my first time going strategic in Pokemon, Pokemon SoulSilver

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
crits r so ridiculous

if they didnt at least break through defense boosts it wouldnt be anywhere near as bad

iv been saved in front of the kyogre in HG catching it over and over for 2 days now waiting for the best IV spread I can find. FML

i dont rly care though, VGC'10 is gonna be awesomeee

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
crits r so ridiculous

if they didnt at least break through defense boosts it wouldnt be anywhere near as bad

iv been saved in front of the kyogre in HG catching it over and over for 2 days now waiting for the best IV spread I can find. FML

i dont rly care though, VGC'10 is gonna be awesomeee
I hate SRing.

Just bred a Gible with an Attack IV of 31 and a Speed of 27-31...

Wish I was playing HGSS, so I could guarantee that 31 Attack on an offspring.

Zucco

Smash Master
Pokemon is so ****ing annoying. All I want is a modest Porygon and have yet to hatch one after about 40 eggs. What a waste of time.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
It took me like 45 Gibles to get a Jolly female, last night.

Now, i'm breeding for IVs. Stupid *** game.

They've hinted that Black/White will revolutionize the series. Hopefully they fix this.

Max Ketchum

IVs need to ****ing go, for real. asldjf;lsadjfkljas;dl

You can make me need Cut to access the Elite Four or something, but if GameFreak ever hopes to get me into playing competitively on a cart, then they NEED to get them out of here.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
how does the new breeding stuff work in HGSS? idk. its differ how it passes IVs and natures now right? I have to start breeding soon.

Pokemon is so ****ing annoying. All I want is a modest Porygon and have yet to hatch one after about 40 eggs. What a waste of time.
Much easier solution: get 9999 coins, go to the game corner in celadon and save infront of the prize guy. get a porygon, if its not modest soft reset.

Max Ketchum

Chibo:

Female or Ditto @Everstone has a 50% chance to pass on its nature.

Female or Ditto @Power Wrist/Bracer/Lens/Belt/Anklet or whatever they're called has a 50% chance to pass on the IV of whatever stat that item raises the EVs of during training.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
how does the new breeding stuff work in HGSS? idk. its differ how it passes IVs and natures now right? I have to start breeding soon.

Much easier solution: get 9999 coins, go to the game corner in celadon and save infront of the prize guy. get a porygon, if its not modest soft reset.
Have the parent hold a "Power" item, and it passes on the IV to the offspring, guaranteed I think. There are power items for each stat.

Edit: Oh, 50%.

Zucco

Smash Master
I did get 9999 coins, but I bought it without saving so im ****ed. I need a new handheld game to play in school lol.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Bored of Pokemon, so i'm messing around with my old copy of Soul Calibur 3. I think this series is super underrated. You have a staggering amount of options, it's beautiful. The move properties are really, really sexy. It would require too long of a post to detail what the game engine allows you to do. 3D fighters in general are underplayed, imo.

Zucco

Smash Master
I dont have a memory stick and this is free. I still rather play it on psp but this works fine.

I should name every main character after someone in juice.

Top Bottom