• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

100% Juice - The best things in life are free.

Allied

Smash Master
so many words

super street fighter 4

i dont think i wanna main dudley anymore

He seems so easy. lol

btw u can link DP -> DP without Ex cancel

TOO EASY

inb4 herp derp hes hard

btw his target combos are broken

Zucco

Smash Master
I agree with Allied. Dudley seems like overpowered nonsense. I rather Sagat just stay the best.

I really hope makoto and Cody are good. Capcom taking away 20 damage from my standing HK with bison is just evil.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
@Ether: I judge games by what they do for the genre at the time, not what they do for it now. Judging a game alongside every other game in the FF series as opposed to chronologically is extremely unfair. XIII is just a huge step backwards for the JRPG segment, and it's pretty disappointing. I can think of no original element from the game, be it story, music, etc, that I'd carry over to another RPG. Automated partner combat? "Paradigm Shift (Read: Change gambit deck)? No exploration? No NPC interaction? Fugly chocobos?

I'm sure the game is enjoyable, but that doesn't mean it's exemplary of the genre. IV, VI, and IX all did things for RPGs in general, be it with story, gameplay mechanics, or both. Hell, IX's ability system is still used in some offspin games.

I agree that level 1 runs are ********, though. I got up to Pandemonium and just said screw it.

The one game I'm looking forward to most this year: Golden Sun 3. The only flaw in that series I can think of is the randomized stat gains; otherwise, the class / djinni system was amazing and the Weapon Howls gave you options that didn't involve spamming moves that used PP (Which was not an easily reaquired resource once your Psynergy cost upwards of 14 every time).

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
So, basically, you look way too far into things and forget that these are video games made to be enjoyed by human beings and not robots, cyanide?
i mean, ****. if you're gonna look that for into it, then good luck in finding the perfect game and all, but i like to enjoy the game for what it is. look at all the time they put into it. see how the story can actually be really interesting and such. enjoy the battle system that's actually really fun.
i understand that you're trying to be a critic, but not everyone views games that way.
i try to make the best out of whatever i'm given and am really pleased with FF13.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
So, basically, you look way too far into things and forget that these are video games made to be enjoyed by human beings and not robots, cyanide?
i mean, ****. if you're gonna look that for into it, then good luck in finding the perfect game and all, but i like to enjoy the game for what it is. look at all the time they put into it. see how the story can actually be really interesting and such. enjoy the battle system that's actually really fun.
i understand that you're trying to be a critic, but not everyone views games that way.
i try to make the best out of whatever i'm given and am really pleased with FF13.
When one has a budget as limited as mine you tend to be far more choicey with what you buy. =/ If I had the game, I'd probably enjoy it, but that doesn't make it a good game in my books. I've enjoyed plenty of awful games before.

On a completely unrelated note, have an Other M gameplay video!

http://www.destructoid.com/metroid-other-m-gameplay-almost-looks-as-hot-as-samus-169440.phtml

bajisci

Smash Ace
i totally understand where ether is coming from disliking old school rpgs now, although, i still prefer them. Im also not totally ignorant or biased towards them trying something new (unless they **** it up *cough* ff12). ff13 is a very good game.

Allied

Smash Master
I agree with Allied. Dudley seems like overpowered nonsense. I rather Sagat just stay the best.

I really hope makoto and Cody are good. Capcom taking away 20 damage from my standing HK with bison is just evil.
Cody looks sexy and i'm thinking of picking up ibuki she has classic bread and butter combos so it seems, par camping game and nice footsies and makoto looks rediciously i'm just curious how she will do against others

I think cody will be high tier he looks So solid with his link combos and he basically is a shoto idk how his DP works

and how dare they nerf zangief with no BUFFS now hes guarenteed low tier because he has a huge problem still getting in they should at least give him the parry system of sf3, that would be broken tho lol

still i'm extremely pissed

btw if dudley counters sagat, unless dudley has a counter (which i dont see anything so far) hes going to be the best in the game, i mean he looks flat our ridicious

hakan btw = confirmed low tier
hes terrible

i think thawk is gonna be low tier too

Grapplers never work in fighting games its a shame

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
@Ether: I judge games by what they do for the genre at the time, not what they do for it now. Judging a game alongside every other game in the FF series as opposed to chronologically is extremely unfair. XIII is just a huge step backwards for the JRPG segment, and it's pretty disappointing. I can think of no original element from the game, be it story, music, etc, that I'd carry over to another RPG. Automated partner combat? "Paradigm Shift (Read: Change gambit deck)? No exploration? No NPC interaction? Fugly chocobos?

I'm sure the game is enjoyable, but that doesn't mean it's exemplary of the genre. IV, VI, and IX all did things for RPGs in general, be it with story, gameplay mechanics, or both. Hell, IX's ability system is still used in some offspin games.

I agree that level 1 runs are ********, though. I got up to Pandemonium and just said screw it.

The one game I'm looking forward to most this year: Golden Sun 3. The only flaw in that series I can think of is the randomized stat gains; otherwise, the class / djinni system was amazing and the Weapon Howls gave you options that didn't involve spamming moves that used PP (Which was not an easily reaquired resource once your Psynergy cost upwards of 14 every time).
Ya, I judge games way differently. I don't automatically think old = bad. I think more along the lines of, "Do I enjoy this game?" It's simple. I consider XIII a top 4 Final Fantasy, because it has a better Pros:Cons spread than most of the games in the series, imo.

The problem with judging games chronologically, is that in this era of gaming, it's unrealistic to expect every single flagship title to appeal to the masses, AND also be ground-breaking and genre defining, without spending a ******** amount of time in development, with insanely high budgets. For example, an FF7 remake, with FFXIII's aesthetics, would easily take over 5 years to produce and require a $120 Million+ budget.

When they make games nowadays, they don't say, "let's try to ruin the series and/or piss off as many people as possible!". They say, "we're alloted X amount of funding and Y amount of development time, lets try to make a game that will appeal to as many people as possible". How would you have improved XIII, without increasing the budget and development time significantly, and without neglecting the people that enjoyed the game?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Ya, I judge games way differently. I don't automatically think old = bad. I think more along the lines of, "Do I enjoy this game?" It's simple. I consider XIII a top 4 Final Fantasy, because it has a better Pros:Cons spread than most of the games in the series, imo.

The problem with judging games chronologically, is that in this era of gaming, it's unrealistic to expect every single flagship title to appeal to the masses, AND also be ground-breaking and genre defining, without spending a ******** amount of time in development, with insanely high budgets. For example, an FF7 remake, with FFXIII's aesthetics, would easily take over 5 years to produce and require a $120 Million+ budget.
I subscribe to the Blizzard business model: We'll release it when it's done and ready. On a related note, I don't think WotLK was ready when they released it. Ulduar and ICC were ready to a degree, but hard modes are still the joke of the century.

I see what you mean, though. A lot of companies, Square being one of the big ones, can no longer afford to take risks with genre definers because they simply don't have the money to do so.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I subscribe to the Blizzard business model: We'll release it when it's done and ready. On a related note, I don't think WotLK was ready when they released it. Ulduar and ICC were ready to a degree, but hard modes are still the joke of the century.

I see what you mean, though. A lot of companies, Square being one of the big ones, can no longer afford to take risks with genre definers because they simply don't have the money to do so.
Blizzard's business model = win. I'm pretty sure they have more money to play around with than any gaming company, and if something goes wrong, they can just patch it. If something goes really wrong, they can hot-fix it.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Blizzard's business model = win. I'm pretty sure they have more money to play around with than any gaming company, and if something goes wrong, they can just patch it. If something goes really wrong, they can hot-fix it.
Exactly.

I don't really have an issue with long dev cycles provided they result in quality games.

Man, I can't wait for Cataclysm. I'm considering rerolling on a new server just to see all the new content. Should be reforming the old world from the Everquestian crap it is now to the WotLK-esque questing zones (These were the best thing they did in Wrath, arguably) I've come to expect.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Exactly.

I don't really have an issue with long dev cycles provided they result in quality games.

Man, I can't wait for Cataclysm. I'm considering rerolling on a new server just to see all the new content.
Not a bad idea. I'm not really concerned with rushing to endgame, so I wouldn't mind doing that either. It's like a fresh start. Any info on when open-beta begins?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Not a bad idea. I'm not really concerned with rushing to endgame, so I wouldn't mind doing that either. It's like a fresh start. Any info on when open-beta begins?
MMO-champ is reporting that beta is beginning in April. I doubt there'll be an open beta, sadly, but maybe I'll get lucky and get in the closed.

ETA: Who knows, maybe they'll do friend beta invites again, like they did with SC2. That's actually probably most peoples' best bet of getting in, including myself.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
****, I suddenly got pumped for Cata. Returning to a revamped Azeroth = amazing. The lame part of rerolling would be leveling through Outland and Northrend again. I'd reroll Worgen Warrior if Alliance, or Fem Undead Warrior if Horde.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
****, I suddenly got pumped for Cata. Returning to a revamped Azeroth = amazing. The lame part of rerolling would be leveling through Outland and Northrend again. I'd reroll Worgen Warrior if Alliance, or Fem Undead Warrior if Horde.
I was thinking undead rogue myself, but I wanna se the revamped racials.

And yeah, revamped Azeroth, new terrain, zones changed because of flooding, WotLK quality textures on EVERYTHING.

it's hard not to be pumped.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I was thinking undead rogue myself, but I wanna se the revamped racials.

And yeah, revamped Azeroth, new terrain, zones changed because of flooding, WotLK quality textures on EVERYTHING.

it's hard not to be pumped.
New talents and racials = hype. I like the stat revamp, as well as the resource revamp for Hunters and Locks. I'm wondering what Haste will do for Warriors.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
New talents and racials = hype. I like the stat revamp, as well as the resource revamp for Hunters and Locks. I'm wondering what Haste will do for Warriors.
The talent thing is my one and only source of worry at the moment. I just hope it doesn't become so gimmicky that it's non-balance-able.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
still i'm extremely pissed

btw if dudley counters sagat, unless dudley has a counter (which i dont see anything so far) hes going to be the best in the game, i mean he looks flat our ridicious
Salty statement!

He'll prolly lose to Seth and all his half screen shenanigans! Or Dhalsims that run away for 70secs and then do stupid ultra setups. He had a rough time vs Akuma in 3S, he straight up hadou-camps into the DP (Kick) mix up near corners (Then ***** out with that SAFE**** teleport!). Campy characters with escape options will beat Dudley, believe it!

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Salty statement!

He'll prolly lose to Seth and all his half screen shenanigans! Or Dhalsims that run away for 70secs and then do stupid ultra setups. He had a rough time vs Akuma in 3S, he straight up hadou-camps into the DP (Kick) mix up near corners (Then ***** out with that SAFE**** teleport!). Campy characters with escape options will beat Dudley, believe it!
Except Dudley seems much faster then before.

Allied

Smash Master
Shhh!

I'm trying to give Allied hope!

(I wonder if Dudley's jumping heavy kick still trades with SRK's LOLOL!)
rofl That would be amazing

and yeah matchups like that i would see as 50,50 but a good old fashion rush down and good reads would destroy dhalsim imo (50:50 potentially MU) and what are the nerfs for seth?

I mean lets face it, when we are talking camping seth wins that easily but then again dudley has so much stun 1 bread and butter would stun that ***** easy mode then 14 hit link finish

lets be real

thats how i used to beat seth with zangief

either way i'm maining Cody, Ibuki OR Cody, Makoto

Idk Makoto's rush down tactics seems retardly good better than fei longs would ever be

lol

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Less than a month!!!
<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rY5jlJBIDUI&hl=en_US&fs=1&autoplay=1&loop=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rY5jlJBIDUI&hl=en_US&fs=1&autoplay=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
I think I'll end up using Abel, Rufus, Makoto, and Adon.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Less than a month!!!
<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rY5jlJBIDUI&hl=en_US&fs=1&autoplay=1&loop=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rY5jlJBIDUI&hl=en_US&fs=1&autoplay=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
I think I'll end up using Abel, Rufus, Makoto, and Adon.
OMG Dazwa, I think I hate you...
First the CT Player Finder thread and now this?!
Does your madness know no end >.>

Lol I'm staying off the boards today thanks to you >.>

bajisci

Smash Ace
edit: ninja'd :(

ether whatd u think of the music of ff13, personally i found it to be incredibly mediocre one of its worst aspects imo

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I don't rememer it too well, tbh.

I feel playing VIII. Haven't played it in soooooooooooooo long.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Yeah HOW is there a song playing in the thread? lol

Btw whats the name of the song its not badlol.

Top Bottom