• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

10/25 Houston, TX SSBM Tourney "How Many Neanderthals Can Fit on a Sinking Ship?" 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Everyone assumes Peach dittos are awful but they're really not.
I use to hate them, but I find them to be rudimentary, like most dittos. It's all about staying above the opponent to avoid dash attack and dsmash. And turnip smash like crazy, but be careful about dash happy peaches.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
You should have that list of people attending like last time. It helps build hype.
Fantastic suggestion that I will do immediately.... tomorrow morning. I'm very tired from having to handle a new adorable puppy we might be keeping. Sorry to say it won't be here for the tournament though!

@syba - How north of houston, i live in the tomball/spring area
He is commenting on how everyone lives in northern Houston in frustration because he lives quite south.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Are you going to be able to do Friendlies before Singles and Doubles?
Definitely as long as you come anytime before Singles starts and 10:00 at earliest.

hey is it going to be at the exact same place?
Yes.

By the way everyone... I finished that list, however it seems a bit short from last time. Who did I miss?

forkgirl, you really didn't state your position on this. You coming to this like you were hoping to last time?

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
I hope everyone comes, I need to show my awesomness before I leave!

bahahaha I can't wait to see Jeremy at thsi tournament. LOL.

Guts-Rage

Smash Cadet
Definitely as long as you come anytime before Singles starts and 10:00 at earliest.?

Okay That's cool. BTW If you are familiar with Fry road or Highway 6, how far do you think The tournament is Going to be from these places?.... Wait, I can just Yahoo or Google maps this hahaha

Fox Dittos are very Cheap. All you have to do is if you get one mistake off the ledge you can go for a shine and that's what most fox dittos do. Who here Plays Falcon? If anyone does, I can't wait to get into a Ditto, Also I play With Marth (Am Still In a Learning Process with him) And Sheik, I pretty much know somewhat of sheik and One More Ganon dittos are also Good. I play With those 4 characters.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I play with all the top tiers main'ing either Marth/Fox and my tech skill is pretty good. Then after that comes Falco, Sheik, Falcon, Jiggs, and Peach from best to worst. And I'll **** you Side Effect...lol

Where is that list at?

And @ Phoenix: I live in the southern part of Houston =/ First, I was sad that all the higher up players lived in EC and Cali and so I finally find y'all and yet everyone is still far away XD but at least it's closer than the others =)

Guts-Rage

Smash Cadet
I play with all the top tiers main'ing either Marth/Fox and my tech skill is pretty good. Then after that comes Falco, Sheik, Falcon, Jiggs, and Peach from best to worst. And I'll **** you Side Effect...lol

Where is that list at?

And @ Phoenix: I live in the southern part of Houston =/ First, I was sad that all the higher up players lived in EC and Cali and so I finally find y'all and yet everyone is still far away XD but at least it's closer than the others =)
Yes, Yes Indeed I Shall Vanquish thou Fiend in a ditto to see who is thee better falcon playa. Enough With the old crap.... I can't wait to go the the tournament. Hey Syba You never know, SideEffect won the previous tournament, so It can be the other way around..hehehe

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I was kidding about ****** him XD I know I'll get pwn'd since I've never played "better" players before. So now I have no idea what to do against y'all.

@ Forkgirl: Are you actually female? I can't really tell lol I don't think I've seen/heard of a female smash player before. By that I mean there aren't any I've seen on youtube XD

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I want to play him though. It looks like he had/has a semi decent Falco

I can't wait to play with people other than my group lol y'all can teach me how to DI ('cause I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly)

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Jeremy, Josh and Josh's brother (what's his name?) were over here just yesterday. They still got it. Josh's brother was convinced he wasn't that great, but he's still pretty good. He isn't on our level per se, but practice is the only thing that would get him there.

13 days until the next tournament. Let's hype it up a bit, eh?

Guts-Rage

Smash Cadet
Yes, my bro said I can take you to the tournament. His college classes start on the same day of the tournament. His classes start at 1:00 PM - 4:10 PM so he will drop me off, and I'm guessing the singles will end at around.... 6:00 PM as stated above. Yeah, I'm sure I can come now. I can't wait.......

Timerbomb

Smash Apprentice
I can probably come with Bacon.

Oh and @ Sethlon

ROY DITTOS! maybe a $1 MM only roy dittos

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Sybawave, if you call me I'll play with you. My location and phone number are in the original post. Make sure to call me because I just got a new job and don't know the schedule yet. Hopefully be finding all this out tomorrow.

I updated the thread with a headcount. About 18 people it's looking like so far? There's a couple more weeks left so I'm not fretting.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
XD What happen TGM? I thought you were all about SSBB and that SSBM was hopeless and we should all quit playing it. You can go...if you teach me how to beat Dawn with Marth ^_^

This will be a lot of fun lol

And I know about DI it's just how to do it. I know that doesn't make any sense lol I know what to do it's just I don't understand where to DI and stuff....you know what lol this isn't getting anywhere XD Let's just say that that thread didn't help me. Ok, I don't understand how amazing Ken is at DI'ing and when I try I completely phail.

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
could i go to this?
Yeah, I'll add you.

Gigi, you as well?

And I know about DI it's just how to do it. I know that doesn't make any sense lol I know what to do it's just I don't understand where to DI and stuff....you know what lol this isn't getting anywhere XD Let's just say that that thread didn't help me. Ok, I don't understand how amazing Ken is at DI'ing and when I try I completely phail.
Directional influence is probably best learned through experience. As long as you know you have that control (and you use both the analogue sticks) it all comes down to just knowing what your best options are.

Also if you want some practice I won't be working until Friday it seems.

Guts-Rage

Smash Cadet
I agree With Syba, This is going to be one hell of a tournament. I can't wait.... BTW I'll tell you earlyhand that, I barely turned 13 haha, so you guys are probabaly gonna say " Hey Whats this little kid doing here, or Look at that squirt Guts- Rage, he's just a shrimp" I'll take all that... hahahah My other bro is going to come also, and My bro is Hmk he is a member on Smash world. Hey Syba if we're aloud I'll help you out on some techniques if needed.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's what I need to learn to do and I was hoping that by playing with other people I would be able to understand it more and grasp the logic behind it.

But seriously lol someone teach me how to play against Foxs

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
If I show or not doesn't matter, You guys just go to play the game a cease to worry about m e please. Thanx.;) Hope to come.

Dawn you want to do teams?

BeBoBli

Smash Cadet
Dawn hasn't said anything as far as I know in this thread, but I'll message him the date and assume he's coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom