• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/31/09 GIGABITS - Brawling into 2009

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
melee must have made me better huh lamugi? idk i was suckin at the start of the day but i definitly stepped it up cuz never dropped a round except in my 2 losses vs seibrik and afro. i didnt do teams but hope now i can get a good teammate for following tourneys...

shoutouts:
polmex: You piece of ****.
monk: how was work? :p
hulk and ed: bill cosby is sexy
seibrik: wtf rematch you cheater
afro: sry....d3 is gay.
everyone else i played: ggs
tampa: ****

OverLade

Smash Hero
melee must have made me better huh lamugi? idk i was suckin at the start of the day but i definitly stepped it up and didnt drop a round except in my 2 losses vs seibrik and afro. i didnt do teams but hope now i can get a good teammate for following tourneys...

shoutouts:
polmex: You piece of ****.
hulk and ed: bill cosby is sexy
seibrik: wtf rematch you cheater
afro: sry....d3 is gay.
everyone else i played: ggs
tampa: ****
Petey dun did it. Too good. I'll do shoutouts later. Good stuff by tampa in general. Anyone have the results?

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
good tournament ya'llz, 8th place isnt bad for being an IC's player :o, good **** polmex, only two that got top ten without being high/top tier, wooooooo yeahhh, but anyways good matches. i dont feel like doing shoutouts, so im just gonna say good games to everyone i played.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
shoutouts:
Work sucked...I got home at 5:15 got no sleep...and it was the busiest day so far...yeah...

Shoutouts:

Afwo: Good games man...It's always cool hanging out with you

Seibrik: Once I stop getting grabbed I'm gunna beat you...alot...or not I dunno

Petey Done Did It: Good job doing what you did

Ed: You should have won the entire thing...you suck

Polmex: I love you dude...no homo. sucks we had to play each other first round of the main bracket...but it was still the most amazing thing happening there...you should have won the entire thing...next to Ed

Hungrybox: I'm sorry I beat you in Mario Dittos 1,000 years ago and made you drop Mario as your main... good job on second ect... ect... also good job commentating my match with Polmex

<3: good matches man...I just out spaced you man

RedHalberd: Good **** man sucks I had to play you 1st round in losers but whatever man

Gigabits: You're way to small for anything over 60 people

Brackets: Made Tampa players dominate each other

Tampa: Got dominated by Tampa...and Afro

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
Yo people thats some good **** I mean my Ike did go a long way! 17th isn't so bad. But hey afro thanks for the comment on my Ike next time I will take off that last stock I promise you that! Lol and Seibrik good **** and next time I will get up into the top 3 alright guys good gigs.

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.
Well...I had a lot of fun at this gigs. Pretty intense matches! Im slowly climbing my way up :)

Im keeping shoutouts to a min today....dont feel like typing too much...

RedHal: hope my toon link impressed you :)
I never thought I would have so much fun fighting a MK or Falco. I <3 the way you play both characters. too pro.

Polmex: we definitely need to play more. Youre luigi is too good. It didnt matter where I was or what I was doing, I would hear you up-Bing ppl from across the room. Didnt get the up B on me ;)

H-Box: your D3 is too broken. forget banning MK. We need to ban your D3 :)
you definitely owned this gigs. good job and again, sorry for the gayness at luigis. Ill find a way to beat your D3 in a non gay manner :p

CO18

Smash Hero
Well...I had a lot of fun at this gigs. Pretty intense matches! Im slowly climbing my way up :)

Im keeping shoutouts to a min today....dont feel like typing too much...

RedHal: hope my toon link impressed you :)
I never thought I would have so much fun fighting a MK or Falco. I <3 the way you play both characters. too pro.

Polmex: we definitely need to play more. Youre luigi is too good. It didnt matter where I was or what I was doing, I would hear you up-Bing ppl from across the room. Didnt get the up B on me ;)

H-Box: your D3 is too broken. forget banning MK. We need to ban your D3 :)
you definitely owned this gigs. good job and again, sorry for the gayness at luigis. Ill find a way to beat your D3 in a non gay manner :p
Was that Vs Hungrybox or MK18 Lio? Because I know you cped Mk18 to luigis with olimar. Mk18 was the set where you won first then he won 2nd on Ps Melee.

I didnt recall you playing hungrybox because Im pretty sure he wasnt in your bracket and he didnt lose to anyone other than me from what I remember.

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
This tourney was too much fun. All my matches were intense and close. I would have stayed to watch the rest, but I had to work at 7 am.

Shoutouts:

Solid Neku: my doubles partner, we didn't do so hot in doubles, but we did pretty good in singles. Sucks that we both missed the main bracket by less than 2 matches.

Retro: Sucks that you had to get sick and leave cause you had BYE first round!!! Always good playing against you though.

Monk and Polmex: Good **** from both of you. As soon as I got home, I went to the live stream and saw your set. AMAZING!

Heavy Hands: Fun matches. The last match on Norfair was the highlight of my night.

Deadweight: Amazing comeback you pulled on me, you deserved that win. Fun matches also.

Everyone that thought my Mario hat was tight: 22 bucks...

Walnut and Angry Lobster: Keep maining Mario cause he's awesome.

Hopefully I'll make it further next time. I'm trying to go all Mario and place well, but with the top 3 placings being all D3 mains, it's **** near impossible. Oh well, good times at gigs, see everyone next month.

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Was that Vs Hungrybox or MK18 Lio? Because I know you cped Mk18 to luigis with olimar. Mk18 was the set where you won first then he won 2nd on Ps Melee.

I didnt recall you playing hungrybox because Im pretty sure he wasnt in your bracket and he didnt lose to anyone other than me from what I remember.
Yea I did CP Mk18 to Luigis as well but he played a little bit safer so I had to follow him around and get miscellaneous hits.

As for Hbox. I did some stuff to his D3 that im not proud of and rather not talk about and I doubt he would either. He 3 stocked my Diddy the following match so he made up for it :)
Again...ill find a non gay way around.

lol good **** lio man good ****.
5th doubles and 13th singles :)
or so I've been told

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
Oh dude I was the toon link that teamed with the samus player in those friendlies we had in TV 12 (I think) maybe 10..... either way your mario is sick and so was your hat :D
Yo, your Toon Link is crazy. I couldn't find any opening. I couldn't get around the wall of projectiles. I mean, I can only cape so much, lol.

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
can anyone tell me who afro lost to?
HBox sent him to losers and i think seibrik took him out.

Yo, your Toon Link is crazy. I couldn't find any opening. I couldn't get around the wall of projectiles. I mean, I can only cape so much, lol.
lol yea i think i overabuse the projectlies. Maybe mario should have 3 capes :D

EDIT: BTW....WhoTF is Dr. WhoGiggles?? I really wanted to meet that guy but he never showed to the match. Like really, whogiggles? DOCTOR Whogiggles on top of that. Yup...definitely wanted to meet someone with that name...

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
i wanna meet the guy that made that awesome crayon drawing of toon link in your avatar, i mean oh my god! 2 cool 4 school

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Monk and Polmex: Good **** from both of you. As soon as I got home, I went to the live stream and saw your set. AMAZING!
Best thing from that set...

Second match

Angry Lobster: Man this is like matches between me and Luigi 1

Walnut: I wish I had a personal Luigi buddy

Edit: I know tv4 was live feed...but was it also recording? just curious

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
As always, I had an amazing time. It was nothing less than exceptional. Nice to see a new top three. This tournament was drastically different than past tournaments. There seems to be less Johning about the gayness of Brawl and I believe that is because as a community, we are overcoming the gay tactics that used to work. Step up, Florida.

Also, I was amazed at the feedback from everyone about Tatsunoko vs Capcom. It seemed people were playing it every second. Amazing stuff. Glad the reception was better than I anticipated. Import baby!

And Tommy G is luck I do not do shout outs or else...
Cannot wait for the next gigabits.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
This was a fun tournament. Mwarhead, can you post the full results of this?

Shout-Outs

WATO
Hungrybox - Good **** getting 2nd in singles. I need to face your D3, I don't care if it means suicide
Hiroshi - It sucks how you got camped man but that's Brawl. Kyon is right though, you need to play more, your Kirby is already good, it could be much better though.
UUAA & Vericz - How did you go 0-2 in teams? (Please don't say that it's Brawl)
Kyon & Legion - You should've beat FroBrik, matches we're so good. Next time......
Zoro - Don't let this game make you feel that way, I have the same problem somewhat. Why don't you play Falco, he seem like a good fit.
Action B@stard - CAN I HAVE SUM CHUCKLOT? Hustlin your way into teams, that's some dedication there.
AT&T - TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM IS TOO GOOD, you need to get that and bring it to the lounge.

Ragnarok (My Crew)
StaFu - We were so good in teams, stupid Norfair messed us up. I like the fact that you are getting known as well, Dreads was talking about how good you were. Good **** my young apprentice.
THEE INCUBUS - Happy to see you using D3 again, also start chaingrabbing (even though how gay it can be)

and the rest of my shoutouts,...

HRNut - :chuckle: at arriving mad late
GDX - Your Diddy is too good, we need to have a Diddy ditto
Acorn - Too funny, way too funny, rep that Lucario and Ness on Pirate Ship and *********' Luigi's mansion
Walnut - Need to face your Mario again, I haven't played since September GIGS
The Albino - I thought were playing singles, what happened?
PolMex - Nastee Luigi, want to face it one day
Dreadz - want to ditto your Falco
ColBol - Your match with StaFu on Norfair made my day
Ryo - You talked the talk and you backed it up, you got a good Ike there
Mampam - I should've stayed Yoshi in our match on Norfair, I'm so stupid. I'm happy that you said you wouldn't face my Yoshi with your Snake.
Red Halberd - You also backed up everything you said, good ****
Retro Gamer - :( for getting sick, sucks too cause you had a bye
Rx- - Why are you still scared of me??? :chuckle: JK
Afro Thundah & Seibrik - Great teams match with Kyon & Legion. You still are unbeaten by any FL team, good ****.
Lambchops - For being Lambchops, so cool, too cool.

I need to play each and everyone of you guys in friendlies.

Also, shoutouts to the people I was playing Tatsunoko vs Capcom with.

Next time, my Yoshi will be heard. And hopefully friendlies can run smoothly. I could barely get any friendlies in.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
AT&T - TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM IS TOO GOOD, you need to get that and bring it to the lounge.

Next time, my Yoshi will be heard. And hopefully friendlies can run smoothly. I could barely get any friendlies in.

Lol thats what that is called. I'll play it if you bring it to the lounge. ;3

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Lol thats what that is called. I'll play it if you bring it to the lounge. ;3
First, you have to give me $250 or more so I could buy another Wii since mine has the 3.3 update. Then, you have to get me a copy of Twilight Princess (Wii version) and an SD card so I can homebrew my wii. If you can't do that, buy me a Wii FreeLoader. Then, you have to give me $80 or more so I can import the game. Or you could import a Japanese Wii and TvC and then our problem is solved? Can you do that Carlos?

PolMex23

Smash Champion
So, heres what it should have looked like...

Me an Dreadz in Winners Finals....cuz that was amazing....me winning from a 3 stock cuz of my crazy tricks an brilliant counter pick (Delfino PLaza)

Me an Monk in Grand finals cuz that set was the most intense brawl I think anyone will ever watch or be apart of...

YOU GUYS HAVE NO...NO IDEA, how hard that match up is. IT is completly 50 50 at our level (which is **** dominant) No idea how much energy was used in that match an I hope for the love of hummanity it was recorded an i want to see them by the end of the week an *** everywhere....

The dreadz match was awsome...

An sorry Lio an ty...Ty for your support an complimants, I respect that. Who took you out? You prob just need more tourney experience.

BUt the match between my luigi an peteys Mk was actually pretty cool, even though they were serious friendlies....didnt lose on the live tv...so i wanted to play there....but the guys an ******* so what ev.

Tampa yall know how happy I am...ty Lade for representin, oh can you dig 3 of tampas best in top 7? ya dig? xD

Love to all of you, good matches DBS your MK gave me the most trouble ever on BF.
Joe lol what up wit that spam? xD
Collin i love you an me, you, Tommy an whoever else needs to stop b eing gay....lol n aw that just shows we manly men.

Elam i love you, AMBER YOU SNEAKY SCORPION WOMAN!!! =), ****it you got me so nasty a couple times lol i was so pissed

love to all every now knows I am the best ever Afro I sandbagged against you...lol naw jk I wanted it live so i can whip that *** but i had my crowd...I dont camp enough, cant out pressure king of pressure.

LadyLegion

Smash Ace
Woot

This was a fun tournament. Mwarhead, can you post the full results of this?

Shout-Outs

WATO
Hungrybox - Good **** getting 2nd in singles. I need to face your D3, I don't care if it means suicide
Hiroshi - It sucks how you got camped man but that's Brawl. Kyon is right though, you need to play more, your Kirby is already good, it could be much better though.
UUAA & Vericz - How did you go 0-2 in teams? (Please don't say that it's Brawl)
Kyon & Legion - You should've beat FroBrik, matches we're so good. Next time......
Zoro - Don't let this game make you feel that way, I have the same problem somewhat. Why don't you play Falco, he seem like a good fit.
Action B@stard - CAN I HAVE SUM CHUCKLOT? Hustlin your way into teams, that's some dedication there.

Ragnarok (My Crew)
StaFu - We were so good in teams, stupid Norfair messed us up. I like the fact that you are getting known as well, Dreads was talking about how good you were. Good **** my young apprentice.
THEE INCUBUS - Happy to see you using D3 again, also start chaingrabbing (even though how gay it can be)

and the rest of my shoutouts,...

HRNut - :chuckle: at arriving mad late
GDX - Your Diddy is too good, we need to have a Diddy ditto
Acorn - Too funny, way too funny, rep that Lucario and Ness on Pirate Ship and *********' Luigi's mansion
Walnut - Need to face your Mario again, I haven't played since September GIGS
The Albino - I thought were playing singles, what happened?
PolMex - Nastee Luigi, want to face it one day
Dreadz - want to ditto your Falco
ColBol - Your match with StaFu on Norfair made my day
Ryo - You talked the talk and you backed it up, you got a good Ike there
Mampam - I should've stayed Yoshi in our match on Norfair, I'm so stupid. I'm happy that you said you wouldn't face my Yoshi with your Snake.
Red Halberd - You also backed up everything you said, good ****
Retro Gamer - :( for getting sick, sucks too cause you had a bye
Rx- - Why are you still scared of me??? :chuckle: JK
Afro Thundah & Seibrik - Great teams match with Kyon & Legion. You still are unbeaten by any FL team, good ****.
Lambchops - For being Lambchops, so cool, too cool.

I need to play each and everyone of you guys in friendlies.

Also, shoutouts to the people I was playing Tatsunoko vs Capcom with.

Thanks D-Torr! I know!!! We had the match! But its fine. You're team with StaFu was so nastee!! We're glad you guys did as good as we did ^^ and fought just as hard. Next time we'll destroy

LadyLegion

Smash Ace
So, heres what it should have looked like...

Me an Dreadz in Winners Finals....cuz that was amazing....me winning from a 3 stock cuz of my crazy tricks an brilliant counter pick (Delfino PLaza)

Me an Monk in Grand finals cuz that set was the most intense brawl I think anyone will ever watch or be apart of...

YOU GUYS HAVE NO...NO IDEA, how hard that match up is. IT is completly 50 50 at our level (which is **** dominant) No idea how much energy was used in that match an I hope for the love of hummanity it was recorded an i want to see them by the end of the week an *** everywhere....

The dreadz match was awsome...

An sorry Lio an ty...Ty for your support an complimants, I respect that. Who took you out? You prob just need more tourney experience.

BUt the match between my luigi an peteys Mk was actually pretty cool, even though they were serious friendlies....didnt lose on the live tv...so i wanted to play there....but the guys an ******* so what ev.

Tampa yall know how happy I am...ty Lade for representin, oh can you dig 3 of tampas best in top 7? ya dig? xD

Love to all of you, good matches DBS your MK gave me the most trouble ever on BF.
Joe lol what up wit that spam? xD
Collin i love you an me, you, Tommy an whoever else needs to stop b eing gay....lol n aw that just shows we manly men.

Elam i love you, AMBER YOU SNEAKY SCORPION WOMAN!!! =), ****it you got me so nasty a couple times lol i was so pissed

love to all every now knows I am the best ever Afro I sandbagged against you...lol naw jk I wanted it live so i can whip that *** but i had my crowd...I dont camp enough, cant out pressure king of pressure.

Yo man!! You're team was so nastee! I was so afraid Kyon and I were going to lose. Your Luigi scared the living crap out of me. I thought all of my stocks were going to go from your UpB. lol. Hope to face you guys again

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
First, you have to give me $250 or more so I could buy another Wii since mine has the 3.3 update. Then, you have to get me a copy of Twilight Princess (Wii version) and an SD card so I can homebrew my wii. If you can't do that, buy me a Wii FreeLoader. Then, you have to give me $80 or more so I can import the game. Or you could import a Japanese Wii and TvC and then our problem is solved? Can you do that Carlos?
XD Wait, WHAT?!?! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Man I told you I'd spot you but I only probaly likely will have around like $120 WTF XDDDDDDDD.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Im not going to lie...I didnt respect you guys as a team until the third match...big mistake.

Yea...but good stuff...you guys should have beat afro an seib...but nice zelda keep it up.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Shoutoutz.

Afro - Dude ur mad chill and it was absolutely amazing getting to play you on the live feed. Its a shame we had to play round one but we had an epic set anyway. Good stuff and I look forward to playing you in the future.
Chops – Funniest guy ever, amazing snake. Read me like a book in our matches. I might as well have rolled behind an Utilt. Can’t wait to play u again.
CO18 - We did it man, Team africa represents. Next time we'll go for the top spot.
Hbox - Ur mad funny and ur D3 is too gay. Get at my falco. :D
Seibrik - Great MMs and mabye we'll play in tourney some time, cool guy.
Dreadz - I wouldn't have guessed u were so chill by the forums. Great matches n fun time hangin out. Mad respect to ur falco!!!
xYz - Really cool guy, great friendlies. We gotta team sometime.
Hrnut - Lol surprise? I forgot u were gonna show up. Great friendlies. Lucas and Ness suck. Get ***** by Falcon punch lol.
Tommy G - Sorry I had to do what I did in tourney, I wasn't in the mood to lose. Awsome falco. And insane captain falcon dittos.
GDX - Thanks for helpin with the live feed, mabye we gotta play next time.
MK18 - nice meetin u, good stuff in teams.
Mero - Online=/=offline good stuff tho.
Rx- - Well u got what u wanted. Sorry about the PR though. It’s all good tho, fun games.
Linguini – fun friendlies.
Sheermadness – Great Kirby and GaW. Im sorry for our first friendly. I felt like such a loser getting ***** like that rofl.
Lio – Amazing TL, really cool guy. Good stuff with my bro getting 5th.
Masky – fun friendlies after Tourney. MK is just broken, that’s all.
Galluda – Good stuff in singles, fun friendlies afterwards.
Rest of Gainesville – If I didn’t list you, you were mad cool anyway :D.
Tampa in general – We ****. But afro ***** harder.
Petey – GOOD **** IN SINGLES!!! Looks like I can’t be best in tampa till I outplace you at next gigs. Good stuff beating Rx and Mero.
Polmex – Too goodz. Amazing stuff in singles.
Ed – Good stuff for ur next tourney. U’ll get experience and do better next time. :D
Monk – sucks u had to play me and Polmex back to back, really whack stuff. Good stuff in teams.
Hulk – Good stuff, I didn’t get to watch any of ur matches tho.
Ryo – U got xYz, best ike in FL.
Bino – nice meeting u.
Godmeomix – I don’t think we got to play any friendlies. Awsome name though.
Albino – U sorta disappeared but next time we’ll play friendlies. :D

Thanks to everyone who didn’t judge me and supported me during the tourney. Hopefully I can come out to gigs more often and I look forward to defending FL from OOS. Everyone was really awesome and chill. MD/VA isn’t as chill as we are.

If I forgot you Im sorry I was having trouble keeping track of who I gave shoutouts. Good stuff to everyone who came out.

Top Bottom