• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/30 Syracuse Smash Round 2 !!! Snakee & RaynEX!!!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: You clearly don't remember the first Western New York smashfest thread.

Back when sevenofcoins and BBT still played.

Good times.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I dunno if I can make that. Hmm. You have a spot left in your car as well as housing, I'm assuming?

Idk, it seems like a long shot, but ill look into it.

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
I plan on playing no more melee and still placing top 3
One day, Neil, I shall defeat you.

'Course I still remember that time when I showed up to a Brawl tourney and you 3-stocked my Marth with Pikachu.

But talk enough crap, and I'll get angry enough to get better and beat you one day

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i don't see Lenca, Gal, Mario Moonshine, ArteryClogger, Sama-san/Jeff/Tao/Mana'sFriend (all same person), or KOJ on there
I sent lenca a bunch of texts but he hasnt responded to any of them.

i talked to AC and he said so far he, alexei, BP100, and asylum are confirmed and have made arrangements to come to this.

and KoJ is pretty much a given.

EDIT
Im posting this from New Orleans, I wont be back in town until sunday night

Kantō

Smash Champion
Yo cura what u doin tonight? we have to chill havent played in a while with ya eather. ill give u a ring when i get outta work tonight if ur free.

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Bry you still need to fix Melee's stages... you banned Great Bay twice without banning Kongo Jungle.
I think it might be easier if we just list what is a counterpick, instead of what is banned,

Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Also if we are doing melee Backroom ruleset you should say something about how the first stage is selected from stage striking the neutrals.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Melee:

Singles

Starter Stage List:
-Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
-Past Stages: Dream Land
-Special Stages: Final Destination
-Special Stages: Battlefield
-Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
-Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
-Planet Zebes: Brinstar
-Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
-Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

Teams

Starter Stage List:
-Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
-Past Stages: Dream Land
-Special Stages: Final Destination
-Special Stages: Battlefield
-Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List:
-Planet Zebes: Brinstar
-Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
-Past Stages: Kongo Jungle

General Rules
-Items are set to off.
-Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
-Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
-The Tournament Host is the arbiter of all disputes.
-Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
-Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players and the Tournament Host agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with the Modified Dave's Stupid Rule (MDSR).

Redwood Counter Pick System
1. Blind Picks character selection.
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Also Wobbling is not adressed because it's up to the TO. My suggestion to you Bry is to NOT ban wobbling.

1. nobody in this region will use it
2. it's not even ban worthy

if there's any question about it it's only banable due to stalling reasons, in which case a percent limiter is fine, but there's no reason for anyone to go past 200 because anything will kill anyone.

Kantō

Smash Champion
sorry guys i dont play melee so i thought those rules were good.

mana, i see you have took it upon yourself to make me a stage list so i will use this one. IS THIS OKAY WITH EVERYONe?

and @hubble,
i hope so... ive never seen it with that many peeps in there at once but i think we will be fine, once the melee kids clear out that dont play brawl it wont be so bad. might get a little cramped but as long as we run things smoothly and efficiently, we should be fine.

hubble

Smash Ace
I'm a melee kid xD

And we'll be there to friendly to our hearts content.

Also, agreed to mana's ruleset. Also keep wobbling on.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
That ruleset is from the MBR I just trimmed a lot of the fat from their topic and added the no-ban wobbling stance, the rest of the community doesn't mind.

If anyone in our region gets good enough at IC's to make it an issue, props to them. Go national.

Mikeomak

Smash Cadet
Hey a tournament somewhere within an hour of two of me! Im ganna see if i can get a few people from Binghamton to come, though we arent the best at smash bros playing other people for a change wouldnt hurt! There is no players i know of around here...:D! Lets see if if someone here would be willing to carpool me up there!

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Corn is bringing a car full of people. I am getting a ride with altairian. If you can get another car, I actually have more people who need a ride. If not, Greyhound bus costs $40 round trip. I'm also on AIM occasionally.

Top Bottom