• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/10/09 - Game Table, Mineola NY

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
Lol I knew some **** would happen to mess up this tourney for me... I really hope the snow storm isnt bad.

doowop

Smash Apprentice
We start registration at 12. Matches begin (with Melee Doubles) at 1. Then Brawl Doubles, then Melee Singles and Brawl Doubles, subject to change at my whim, or at the lack/surplus of setups.

Um, there's two brawl doubles tourns? Do I have to **** twice or something?

Vanill4

Smash Cadet
Wouldn't it be easier if you did Melee doubles, then Melee singles, then Brawl doubles, then Brawl singles? That way people going just for Melee can leave early, and people coming just for Brawl can show up later if they need to.

That makes more sense IMO, but is there a particular reason you did it like you did?

Ryan-K

Smash Master
well what usually happens at these is when melee starts it doesnt have that many tvs, then gordon shows up late and brings an assload of setups, melee finishes downstairs with like 5 tvs and 2 of those tvs are used for the brawl tourney when that starts, while the other melee tvs are used for friendlies

not to say melee first isnt the best idea, but people usually dont leave when melee is over, otherwise brawl would usually be out 2-3 tvs lol

ch33s3

Smash Lord
If we don't do it like that, we have setups sitting around wasted. Once half the people are out of a melee event, we can start Brawl . That's my thinking anyway. It may change.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
so if it snows 8 inch is the tourny still on? and if it is still on the weather might make people late so what will happen if you show up late.

Also is brawl singles are doubles first?

R.P.

Smash Rookie
hey, i need a last minute teammate for melee doubles. I am good. Coinchaser? Ryan K? Alej? Hazz? whos going to this thing anyway?

doowop

Smash Apprentice
yo. if it snows, a lot of people will probably not show up, especially from the city. you should postpone it or something.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Yeah me and the whole other car full of other people going with Doommachine15 aren't going to be able to go, and there's a winter weather advisory tomorrow, 3-6 inches guaranteed... are you definitely going through with this ch33s3? Bc it almost seems like it would make more sense to postpone it, not sure people from the city are gonna be able to make it back home, we're not risking it and I'm only off of exit 68 on the LIE. =/

R3N0

Smash Lord
i dunno if im coming any longer.. big snow storm? eek.

we'll see if hbk drives.

Leacero

Smash Lord
Point is a lot of people are traveling quite a distance to get there, so it's really not very practical to see "what happens tomorrow." I do believe I'll make it either way though.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
Will not be attending, you should just postpone it for 2 weeks.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
me bum leo blackanese jtails guru and sintros are still coming this s**t better go down lolz

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Can someone pick me up from mineola station i will pay up to 5 bucks for a ride. call me at 631 520 1340.

GodotAA

Smash Ace
get ***** were still going

Saturday...Cloudy. Snow likely in the afternoon. Little or no snow accumulation. Highs in the lower 30s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.

get owned by newsday

Eaode

Smash Champion
What the hell man? Man up people, seriously. Highways are NEVER covered in snow/ice anyway, there's too much traffic, not to mention plows an ****. The only place you'll have to worry about driving in ice is in your hometown really, and nobody says you have to speed, plus everyone should have antilock brakes by now.

I just hope my friend's mom doesn't cancel/pick us up early cuz snow =/

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Wow i def plan on driving from jersey and you guys on LI are complaining about some snow, def mad clear rite now. Stop being b*tches lol. Gmoneys not getting to the venue till like 3 and he usually brings at least 2 melee setups so could you hold melee until then? Or is that to late. I mean it'd be appreciated bcuz he usually helps out with setups all the time at these tournies. And I might not be getting there until 1 30 or 2. Melee really doesnt take too long anyway. but hopefully you guys can hold it

Edit-lol good **** joe. But yea really I think if you start melee at 3 it should def be done by 8, and then the rest of the setups could be used for brawl singles which might be going on depending on what time you start them, just my opinion lol but seriously think about holding it :)

Top Bottom