• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
Yeah! Dark needs his paper, son! * remember to get ready for WCC " West Coast Championship" Its gonna be big. Aug 4, TCC center in Tucson.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
manacloud under kens name.

question about donations if we dont make enough.
we will add it to the pot size or use it to cover the venue.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Which Japanese players are 100% confirmed? Would it possible to post it on the first page, as this is one of the main attractions of 0C tournaments.

Also, not to be pushy, but when will the rules for crew battles be updated? I'm trying to decide if I should take a day off of work for the first day of crew battles.

Thank you!!

Aftermath

Smash Champion
Wow, that's an awesome name chillin.

Also, ken/mana, there looks like there's going to be only one tournament that Oregon can donate from, and only like $50, but I'm sure a few of us will also do at the door donations like last year.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
sounds good

Wow, that's an awesome name chillin.

Also, ken/mana, there looks like there's going to be only one tournament that Oregon can donate from, and only like $50, but I'm sure a few of us will also do at the door donations like last year.
door donations will help a lot for the japaneses cost of getting there and taking care of them.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Edit: This is PC chris

Hey, im looking at some tickets that are flying into LAX wednesday the 18th and i'd be planning to stay for evo west too , so we'd depart sunday night after evo at LAX as well. I'm planning to come with Milktea and my best friend Kip. We're wondering if we can get picked up and housed during that time. I know its prob a huge request but i wanna have some sort of housing before i purchase these tickets. Even if u can house us for just OC3 i'd appreciate it greatly, maybe ppl can share us for oc3 and evo. my group isnt that picky i dont mind sleeping on the floor with a pillow & and bathroom with a shower and stuff and i'll play smash with anyone for as long as they want (until my fingers hurt). thx again plz let me know if anyone could possibly help us 3 out.

Arash

Smash Lord
people will be housed from when they come in (ideally wednesday - early friday) until the tourney ends (sunday night/monday afternoon) guaranteed

as far as afterwards, i'm sure friendly socal people would love to help (hint: post request in pac west forums:))

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hey, will you guys be providing rides to/from the venue like last year? If not, would one of the kind SoCal Smashers be willing to help us OKers out? I'll be bringing at least two more guys with me, and we will gladly pay for gas and such.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
yeah

is there a banned list posted somewhere?
im sure alot of socal smashers would be interested in whether or not they are eligable to attend
this year im only banning idiots, heres my list so far:

list of idiots
-------------
1) paris hilton
2) george w bush jr
3) homer simpson
4) dreamz from survivor season 13
5) araknophobik

araknophobik

Smash Master
THERE WILL BE BOMBSOLDIER
THERE WILL BE JAPANESE PLAYERS
THERE WILL ONLY BE GOOD FOOD AND A PEACH PLAYER NAMED HIRSINE

I need to stop talking and posting and if I have any questions I should PM the 0C 3 staff

araknophobik

Smash Master
lmfao thanks for changing my reply
for some reason i think thats mana hideing behind his brothers keyboard and screen name...
i didn't come in here to start trouble, just to ask an honest question. i wanted to see if i was baned, along with the other 20people mana baned in his anger over the past 3 years. in return i get a pretty bull**** reply, i like how you let old drama die mana (sarcasm)

i have mad respect for ken and even alittle envious of the things he's accomplished and the places he's traveled

ken, if you want anybody to show up you should really tell your brother to stop being a prick (which sounds impossible) or to just stop typing on the boards in general and let you handle all the questions

Arash

Smash Lord
fabian, it may have been an honest question but i'm sure mike has said numerous times that nobody is banned from OC3 and as of right now that still stands

besides, it's not unreasonable that ken signed on to his own account from aussieland, especially when you consider cao's post right before that:)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hey Arash and Mike, Ken got you guys some kangaroo jerky - apparently it taste pretty good

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
kangaroo jerky sounds great* everyone remember to attend the WCC tourney. Prove your spot in the westcoast!

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
lmfao thanks for changing my reply
for some reason i think thats mana hideing behind his brothers keyboard and screen name...
i didn't come in here to start trouble, just to ask an honest question. i wanted to see if i was baned, along with the other 20people mana baned in his anger over the past 3 years. in return i get a pretty bull**** reply, i like how you let old drama die mana (sarcasm)
it certainly isn't my brother on my account, and like stated before, nobody is banned and nobody is likely to be banned. we are indeed past all the banning nonsense, and i don't want to see another post about banning or being banned in this thread or i'll issue warnings.

araknophobik, i'm not gonna warn you this time, but please think about what you're saying before you say it.

jon playa

Smash Cadet
Is the $75 all going towards the prize pool? What if we have accomidations in OC?

Sorry for the ignorance, but I just found this forum on Friday. Been browsing through, and think that I'll be attending.

Arash

Smash Lord
the entry fee covers everything, venue, prize pot, food, etc etc

if you have accommodations, i believe you still have to pay the full $75, but i know people who had their own places to stay and still chose to stay at the venue, just because it was fun to hang out, etc etc

and who can say no to free food?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

the entry fee covers everything, venue, prize pot, food, etc etc

if you have accommodations, i believe you still have to pay the full $75, but i know people who had their own places to stay and still chose to stay at the venue, just because it was fun to hang out, etc etc

and who can say no to free food?
just to be even more clear,

no matter if you get your own hotel, want to just enter singles etc. You still have to pay the full amount. We arent going to take exceptions. Lets say you pay the full amount but do not show up on days 2 or 3, you still wont get your refund. No REFUNDS what so ever. Let's say you dont show up but want your friend to take your place. Thats not going to happen, because thats like saying i dont want to show but ill let Ken take my place. Its unfair for other players. People should understand if your paying to enter, expect to play, dont expect to get a refund because of other reasons like saying there are too many good players and im wasting 75 bucks even though i won't win. Your paying 75 bucks for a chance at winning the grand pot, the experience, and the fun, what more can you ask.

You might ask why, the entire thing is a hassle with a lot of us staff having to do other stuff. We dont want everyone just comming to enter one event this is a major event. You pay one price for everything. Its pretty cheap to if you consider food for 3 days, housing at the venue, and to be able to enter all the tournaments. Your benefitting.

Why?
1) you get housing meaning you dont have to pay for a hotel , which is much more expensive then 75.
2) food for 3 days is already half what your paying to enter.
3) and to enter all the events thats 60 bucks alone if you consider 20 bucks a tournament or 15, whatever.

lets be reasonable this is how the hard facts break down to

day 1 = 25 bucks what do you get
20 bucks worth of food,venue, and tournament entry
day 2 = 25 bucks and u get the same
day 3 = 25 and the same

if you know tournaments like i do, mlg is 40 bucks to enter for 2 events and you do not get food unless your PRO top 8. Here were offering everything for 75, be happy and gracious especially if your living in california. Lots of people have to fly here. Hope that clears things up.

I also want to mention one more time.

Spectators fee is 45 bucks : spectators cannot play , but can get food for 3 days. Spectators cannot stay at the venue. Hence spectator you come to watch or cheer on your love ones.

So ill break this down also.
day 1 = 15 bucks
food and watching smash for all day
day 2 = 15 bucks and same
day 3 = same

Its well worth it to be a spectator. I also want to mention we will make a designated area for people playing in the tournament to play friendlies, spectators cannot play friendlies either. Thats why you might as well enter the tournament if you want to play because its fun and thats what its all about.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
just to be even more clear,

no matter if you get your own hotel, want to just enter singles etc.
.... play because its fun and thats what its all about.
Well said Manacloud.

Since you brought up hotels, I wanted to ask if you could please recommend any hotels in the area of the venue. Team Hawaii wants to book one as soon as possible and any help would be appreciated. So far there's about 4 of us. Thank you. = w =

jon playa

Smash Cadet
Thank you for your replies. So for one person it's $75 or for a team.

And does anyone still play the OG SSB? Are there tournaments for that one? I'd say that I'm fairly good at the first one, but have not had NEARLY as much time on the cube.

One more thing, what "wobbling"? I've seen it on a couple threads, and just was wondering. Thanks again. See you in July. There should be a note of the tournament on the calender, by the by.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Wobbling is a technique used with Ice Climbers. You start by grabbing the opponent with Popo, and then once they are de-synched, you alternate hitting with nana and popo and if done correctly, your opponent will be unable to escape from the grab and you can rack up infinite amounts of damage. That's why it is banned in most tournaments including this one.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

Wobbling is a technique used with Ice Climbers. You start by grabbing the opponent with Popo, and then once they are de-synched, you alternate hitting with nana and popo and if done correctly, your opponent will be unable to escape from the grab and you can rack up infinite amounts of damage. That's why it is banned in most tournaments including this one.
Im sure Arash will do some research and post a list of hotels by the venue for you hawaiians and if all else fails dont forget theres always the housing at the venue.

To add more to the topic of wobbling. Personally I feel wobbling is pretty cheap and easy to do, but im not against using it because people can still beat wobblers and its a move.

However for our tournament oc3 we feel that we had to ban wobbling because we didnt want someone that flew all the way to california just to get beatened by wobbling after paying 75 bucks to enter. So its better to just ban it at the tournament in general. In addition ice climbers are pretty good in general without wobbling, bring back the old days of smash.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Im sure Arash will do some research and post a list of hotels by the venue for you hawaiians and if all else fails dont forget theres always the housing at the venue.
Thanks a bunch Manacloud. We from the 808 state appreciate it alot!

Just out of curiosity, would staying at the venue curtail sleeping on the floor with pillows and sleeping bags? If so I'm guessing everyone should bring their own. lolz

Junpappy

Smash Lord
and to be able to enter all the tournaments.
How will international crews work with the idea that everyone gets to play in every tournament? I didn't actually attend oc2 but it seems like it was just pros from each region that took part in the international crew battles.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

How will international crews work with the idea that everyone gets to play in every tournament? I didn't actually attend oc2 but it seems like it was just pros from each region that took part in the international crew battles.
first to answer dark's question yes , you would need to bring your own sleeping bag and pillow its a hard concrete floor. However there are other rooms with carpet.

International crews are and will always be the same . Each region selects their best players to represent. You might ask whos selecting?

It depends on who the captain is.

Drephen

Smash Master
just crews on fri? So is fri like just for friendlies and stuff? Also, what does finish crews entail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom