• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
that is one SICK shirt design except i dont see Game and Watch....
still pretty awesome though

Husband

Smash Lord
I cant really tell where the Sarcasm is with these posts...

I know where I stand in this game and I have been put in my place. But when it comes to the the Peach vs Marth match up, I will take on ANY Peach for ANY amount of money that that Peach can put forward.

Banned via Administration
I know where I stand in this game and I have been put in my place. But when it comes to the the Shiek vs Bowser match up, I will take on ANY Bowser for ANY amount of money that that Bowser can put forward.

BuBu

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I go to Berkeley but I'm from San Diego. SUP RICKETY!

I really hope enough smashers from here go so we can crew it up...

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
0c3 is in about 2 months, Everyone who plans on going please register, it takes less than 5 minutes. As said before, if you don't register online, you will have to pay $100 at the door. That is $25 extra, which is a lot of money. By registering, you save yourself $25 and save us the time to prepare for brackets, pools, food and how many people we should expecting, which then saves us TIME which is the most important factor of all!

We also need flight info's to prepare for pick ups. Please try to fly in either thursday night or friday morning before the tournament.

This tournament is going to be BAD ***!

Once again Please Register if you plan on attending 0c3

FireFly

Smash Lord
this tourney is going to be godly

whats the status on the 10-man international crews? it is interesting to watch the different regions going at it

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Can anyone recommend any hotels next to or in the area of the OC3 venue? I want to reserve it as early as possible just in case the hotels fill up during the summer. Kay shootz den.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
on the shirts

can i get a count of how many people would buy a shirt. Shirts are expensive to buy so a count will help me out a lot. Thanks. Plus do people plan on wearing the shirts or is everyone who is going to buy one going to get an extra large or something just to get signatures of players on them?

feedback will help.

Arash

Smash Lord
again, please register your flight info, it'll help us plan out things before and after the tourney (maybe another beach excursion? who knows)

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
I'll get XXl too. I as well am very " fluffy". WCC will also be an awesome tourney to attend." West Coast Championships" In AZ.

Andrew Ott

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna try and save some money to donate for the Japanese, $100-ish. It's worth it to get some vids of them recent. ^^

And then I'm gonna try and maybe attend this one. XD

Andrew Ott

Smash Journeyman
Well there are so many people coming to this that I want to play at least once, getting beaten by Pros is the best part about Melee, because I can improve. ^.^

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
depeneds

Is it confirmed that Bombsoldier is going to be at this tournament? I want to see Bombsoldier vs PC Chris.
manacloud on kens name here.

All the japanese players need help. You can look up ticket prices yourself. In the beginning of this tournament lots of people didnt really care for the japanese and many still do. This time of year since it was more convenient to hold it in july many japanese players cannot afford to pay for a full ticket to come to america. Many people complained that the venue should come first. Now that ken and arash has secured a venue you would expect donations to fly in for the japanese right? Nope, that hasn't been the case. Ticket prices are high. IF people really want to see bombsoldier vs pc chris, people would donate to them otherwise its not going to happen.

People must understand japanese people do work and they work hard. However, it's like inflation over there. A mc donalds burger is like 3. 50 in tokyo etc. Bombsoldier works on a farm, he makes no money, he basically lives off of it. I mean the ten of them share choco bread for godsakes just to get by the day without being hungry.

Earlier on 3 months prior to this tournament ive posted about japanese needing help and received none from this community. We lost fumiyoshi,thunders and many other japanese players who were willing to go. Now we got a few left willing to go, but donations must come in to them otherwise you wont see no japanese at oc3.

Now if everyone in this smash community gave a dollar we would have enough to send both him and his brother here. It is that simple but nobody will do it either because they dont like this tournament or us in general. Thats fine, but dont base this off us, base it off helping one of the greatest falcos come to america to have a once in a life time experience.

Now, with all that said if you want to help out, you can go here and donate:

http://www.disconets.com/Knights/Donate.html

what are our goals? Since the venue is secured out of ken and arash's own money from what I remembered.

Our goals are to gather atleast 2600 for both bombsoldier and disc san's ticket (bs brother) so both can go. Bs parents wont let just bs go alone hes too young. Disc san is the 2nd best marth in japan so sending him wont be a waste at all.

For other japanese players like masashi,anaki etc. You will have to donate a lot more to get them to go. Hope this clears it up, so i wont hear more questions like "Where's bombsoldier vs pc chris video I want to see it." "Man I hope i can play bombsoldier!" etc. Its just words and doesn't solve anything, if people really care take action and donate other wise posting without doing is just spam.

irealyhatepozers

Smash Journeyman
it would be nice if we could see how close (or far) we are from the donation goal and provide regular updates. i think then more people would be willing to donate. at least i would be anyways.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm sounds like a good idea

it would be nice if we could see how close (or far) we are from the donation goal and provide regular updates. i think then more people would be willing to donate. at least i would be anyways.

ill start.

Japanese tickets for bombsoldier and disc san 2600 meaning 1300 a piece.

donations so far for the japanese = 0.00

goal by and before oc3 get 2600 dollars.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
*cough* I'm gonna make an *** out of myself and propose something.

How about you put like, the OC3 registration cost to 75 dollars, and like, raise it by 5 dollars. So basically, if we get 200 people to go, you'd have 1k right there. Plus the donations, plus the money people might give when we get tehre and stuff.

Yeah, like, I don't have much money, but I'm willing to pitch in 5 extra dollars, plus the occasional foot rub. >_>

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
ive would have donated sooner if i known how to do it, on the first page it shows about donations but says "To be updated soon" and thats it. doesnt show a link or anything on how to donate the money to u guys

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmmm

ive would have donated sooner if i known how to do it, on the first page it shows about donations but says "To be updated soon" and thats it. doesnt show a link or anything on how to donate the money to u guys

that would have been nice 3 months ago when tickets were 800 bucks. At that time I was actually trying my best to get people to donate even if it meant making me an a$$. I thought getting the japanese especially bombsoldier to go to oc3 would be a treat for the smashers. This is because I know for a fact people will be amazed at how fast he is and how he plays in reality is so much better than videos online. Now, looks like people just do not care so ill stop caring. In addition, however, I have on several occasions posted that link above. If donations come in now it would be still good. Chesstter 75 bucks is good already for a price entry. Lots of people are going to complain even if you dont. For example, ill use hugs:

"donations are meant to be donated, out of the good will of the people, not forced on anyone."

so i dont want to Force people to donate. If we raise entry people would say we are actually forcing them to donate because they are still paying for it. Hell guys like araknophobic complain about 10 dollar entry fees. If people donate chances are more japanese will come and if people do not donate oh well tough luck nobody sees bombsoldier. So i hope im clear.

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Yeah um... I don't see any links for the donations on the first page. There's nothing under "Donations for Japanese" title. Maybe you should put that up for everyone to see. http://www.disconets.com/Knights/Donate.html
Edit: *recently found out about this tournament so didn't get to see about the previous links*

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Chesstter 75 bucks is good already for a price entry. Lots of people are going to complain even if you dont. For example, ill use hugs:

"donations are meant to be donated, out of the good will of the people, not forced on anyone."

so i dont want to Force people to donate. If we raise entry people would say we are actually forcing them to donate because they are still paying for it. Hell guys like araknophobic complain about 10 dollar entry fees. If people donate chances are more japanese will come and if people do not donate oh well tough luck nobody sees bombsoldier. So i hope im clear.
Then offer people the choice to when then register. Like "are you gonna pay 75 bills?" *clicks yes. "Are you willing to offer a donation for OC2?" Choices: No, or Yes [ insert monies here].

That way people will be a tiny bit more motivated to give some I suppose.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Then offer people the choice to when then register. Like "are you gonna pay 75 bills?" *clicks yes. "Are you willing to offer a donation for OC2?" Choices: No, or Yes [ insert monies here].

That way people will be a tiny bit more motivated to give some I suppose.
this man is a genious, listen to him.

i know i would go ahead and pay an extra $5 at the door when i'm already paying for the tournament, it's just a hassle to do it seperately with paypal/a credit card and all that.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
one other question too, like if we start donating money right now but some how we dont get enough to get 1 japanese player like bombsoldier, are you gonna refund our money back? like some how we get like only 800bucks raised, what are u gonna do with that money??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom