• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

07/05/09 — SC Bi-weeklies!

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
were do we go? what do we do? how do we get there? who do we main? should meta be banned? these are all questions we need to ask our selves before we drive to Columbia

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Sonic
joke
sonic
Pika>>sonic

*fixed. OR thats what i see when i look at it.
When you take EVERYTHING out of context and do NOTHING but talk shiz, u sound like a major *******.

Say something, or stfu.

Don't spam for post count, and don't arbitrarily cut down every post. Srsly

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
JMan, I unno. TBH From what I've seen of your and Shugo's Sonics, yours seems harder to keep up with. I'm not sure if that's just me, but Shugo's is sorta..more defensive and careful. Yours is kinda like all up in your opponents face. I would bet $5 you could beat OS too.
EDIT: JMan, how well/poorly does Sonic do against Pika? I mean, I luv Anther his Pika is just wow. But I think Shugo could've done better.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
NOTHING is out of context it was all sonic period. And if i didn't say anything why are you mad behind your cpu screen? Also You pointed your first statement about sonic(as if i cared) toward me. So i'm simply replying to you. And spamming for post count would technically be all of us because last i looked this was a tourney thread not a discuss sonic one.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
NOTHING is out of context it was all sonic period. And if i didn't say anything why are you mad behind your cpu screen? Also You pointed your first statement about sonic(as if i cared) toward me. So i'm simply replying to you. And spamming for post count would technically be all of us because last i looked this was a tourney thread not a discuss sonic one.
1: when i told Yay i would beat his Mk, you for NO reason posted a scrub Sonic loosing to a scrub Mk.... :/

2: For whatever reason, u john about Sonic all day. Its my main, and that pisses me off.

3: I pointed YET ANOTHER Sonic beating Mk, and since you did ur "joke" about scrub losing to a scrub, i showed you a higher level match, where the Sonic won. I beat Yay, who isn't the BEST Mk, but he is a VERY smart player and knows how one should play.

4: This is not your first time doing this **** period. Mad behind a cpu screen or not, you are legit making an ***-hat for ur head. Stop

Again... STOP

Mix it in with something GOOD to say from time to time (*GASP* a post more than 1 line that isn't cutting down the post above you) and thats fine. A jokster is a jokester. But a jokster with nothing to contribute save busting everyone's balls is ********. Say something, or don't at all

Edit: @Kack: Shugo has his own style of play. Not much for cancels, plays a more close/mid range game than i do. And he (like Espy/Mr.3000) seem to love empty SH and SH ASC (to which he either A: releases in the air to Shield cancel on landing, B: Charges till he hits the ground (where he then releases or let the spin die out on its own, or yet again, jumps to cancel), or C: Jumps while midair still to cancel.

I see the point, but when you make it a HUGE part of your game, you become a projectile target, or anyone with a good air game can wreck that up. I don't do that. Simply, cause DDP and DD are better spacers imo. I have more options. I can still spin. I can retreat, i can run/shield/grab. I can abuse invincy frames. In the air.... you are stuck.

And the Pika matchup is arguably 50:50 in my opinion. Pika can't camp sonic well. Pika has a low percent CG to like... 35-40% i think, but spring gets you out after, not too bad. And pika has a hard time killing Sonic, and sonic's smashes outranges pikas. I like the pika matchup myself.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Ok I won't even read that it'll waste X amount of my life on-to something important.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Eh, that Yay vs. Sonic thing happened almost a year ago, isn't it time to let that die?

Wasn't that Yay's, like, first time playing Brawl or something?

I think we all beat Yay back then, but even Adam admitted that the current Yay is not someone you want to see in your bracket.

We need a new and updated Yay vs. JMan at the next tourney.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
He's talking about something that happened a year ago?

Just wow. I swore i seen him play yay at the tourney weres that video?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Seriously though guys. No real reason to argue about this, Area you were being a bit obnoxius (I spelled that wrong >.>) toward JMan and his Main. And JMan, you were just a bit too upset about a joke. Both of you just calm it down. I don't think Area meant any harm, and JMan (i'm sure) was just defending himself.

Just stop it.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't arguing i was giving my opinion. if you take sonic that serious you need to re evaluate your self

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
So... who is this Area kid?

He kinda... sucks. He should go away or something.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
I don't hate you for stating your opinion.

I'm a african american from nyc that mains fox.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Eh. hate to argue from such a long distance. but area you do tend to speak when you shouldnt. this is just one of those times.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Yes to all the above save Area6.... :/

I beat Yay's Mk at PPikmins, lost to his snake, the IRONY!!!! (Snake can kill, xD)

Next one is the 5th, im trying to make it, i shoudl be off cause im volunteering to work Saturday Night, so they "owe me it"

I really want to play Khaoz, and Dr.PP again as well. I only played PP once... too good. ;)

Or stingers... it was 3-3, some friendlies in Brawl+ where i wrecked his Kirby and an alternate. and he won 2-1 in singles of regular brawl

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I'm planning on playing EVERYONE at HERB. I haven't played people in soooo long. My wii has been broke for the past like 2 weeks. I'm ready to get backs to brawlin.

The Director

Smash Lord
I'm starting my new job on the 6th, so I think I might actually be able to make this!!

Man I'm going to suck at this. I haven't taken Brawl seriously since my tourney back in January...uh oh, lolz.

Who's doing doubles with me?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
O.o Hey guys. I just got back from the movies. I saw Transformers. Well anywayz, I saw a ad for a hotel that sells big rooms for days. I dunno how much that stuff costs but I mean I'd guess aroung $500 to get one of those big rooms ( they can hold a bit over 200 people) for a tourney. I could call in and see if I could rent it.

I know I could probably get all of the NC/SC peoples to come. And then generate enough hype for SoVA and NoGA to come. That's about roughly 50 people (which means around $10 door fee) Just thought I'd run it by you guys and see what ya think.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Well, we have HERB2 coming up. This is basically that... :/

We can collectivley try it...but timing for summer is short. And a tourney like that HAS to be large scale. And for that, LOTS of notice has to be given...

And stop joking at deaths... we had a few outstanding ones the last few days... show a LITTLE respect

Plus... the Shamwow guy bit a hooker's lip....

C wut i did thar???

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Wew, that's pricey as ****.

Anyway, I'll know Tuesday if the new venue is a go—I just have to go and check it out, make sure it's worth the money.

So, one-of-the-girls-I-work-with's mom owns a warehouse in town, and she rents out "booths" to people who want to sell their wares. For a long time, I was of the impression that these "booths" were just that—"booths."

However, it turns out, she has bigger "booths" which are decent sized rooms fit for 30-40 people—atleast, according to the girl I work with. While it costs a fair amount of money to rent these rooms out on Saturdays, assuming we could achieve peak interest, I could come close to breaking even if we have TRC-sized tournaments with 20+ people.

Door fee would definitely be $10, singles $10 and doubles $20, so if you guys are willing to pay that amount, and the rooms look good, I'll definitely book one for next month.

Yes, no, maybe?

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Im DEF good. POTENTIALLY early august too. HERB is coming, and i DO have to get my money back right.

Not to mention, since 2gs just went to my bank... my extra finances for my trip back to IL may have been shot. I may not be able to afford the trip. So... yea... jus throwing that out there.

But... its sad to say this, but what more CAN we do to garner interest in SC Smash??? The warehouse is indeed in Lancaster??? not TOO far for NC peeps to travel to? So maybe it can get a larger turnout???

Top Bottom