• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

07/05/09 — SC Bi-weeklies!

zCasanova

Smash Lord
I'm serious, I'd like to go.

It'd be expensive, though, ~$100/person. That's just gas, entry fee and hotel—I'm not housing, and airplane tickets are way too expensive—I'm guessing food would be another $50 or so.

The drive would be about 16hrs long, the hotel would more than likely have roaches, we'd all be dirt tired the entire trip, and did I mention the drive is sixteen hours long?

I'm not worried about that stuff, though, just letting you know what you'd be in store for. I'd just like to know who'd be interested in coming—I don't need anyone backing out on me.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
I'm serious, I'd like to go.

It'd be expensive, though, ~$100/person. That's just gas, entry fee and hotel—I'm not housing, and airplane tickets are way too expensive—I'm guessing food would be another $50 or so.

The drive would be about 16hrs long, the hotel would more than likely have roaches, we'd all be dirt tired the entire trip, and did I mention the drive is sixteen hours long?

I'm not worried about that stuff, though, just letting you know what you'd be in store for. I'd just like to know who'd be interested in coming—I don't need anyone backing out, either.
I'm serious, too. Texas is one of the places I've wanted to travel to for years, and $150 with a purpose is better than a few hundred for just me.

Getting to your house might be a problem for me if you're leaving in the morning; I'd need some kind of housing in SC. It's about 5 hours to get to your house from Winston-Salem. The other problem is that I haven't gotten an answer from my mom as to whether I'll be allowed or not.

I've got family that lives in Houston as well as a few friends. I could probably get free housing pretty easily. I've just got to get things cleared up first.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
I'm not 100% sure if I'll be able to come yet, like I've said. I've gotta talk it out with my mom and convince my brother to actually drive me down to SC. :(

Hopefully, I'll have a definite answer in the morning. Right now, I'm gonna remain optimistic.

ZOM~B

Smash Journeyman
Well since SC was talking some **** about my partner Rayku (and indirectly myself), we might be able to come up here and prove some stuff if we could get sufficient money matches to cover gas ;)

Edit: Despite it being my characters worst matchup... and definitely not a good one for his(Lucario), I'm sure we wouldn't mind it if you used MK in our money matches...

The Director

Smash Lord
Um...I'll have to skip on going to TX. I will be busy with family stuff that week.

On another note, I'm starting a new job next month, and it will give me SOME weekends off so maybe I'll be able to make some of these in the future.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Im interested.

But there is absolutley no way i can make it.... i have to treck to IL in september, the IA (Iowa). M and I want to go in july too.

If i had the money, I'd go

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
HOLD SOMETHING BEFORE JULY 3RD PLEASE!!!

And MAKE THE GA CATS COME ^^ Because they don't mind mk. Which makes them badass and they use lucario which makes them pro as ****

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Well since SC was talking some **** about my partner Rayku (and indirectly myself), we might be able to come up here and prove some stuff if we could get sufficient money matches to cover gas ;)

Edit: Despite it being my characters worst matchup... and definitely not a good one for his(Lucario), I'm sure we wouldn't mind it if you used MK in our money matches...
Prove that I'd beat you? Too bad I won't be able to make it to this.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
My mom said I can go as long as I can gather all the money for the trip myself. This'll be extremely tough since I plan on going to both Stongertron and HERB between then and now but hopefully, I'll be able to manage it.

Devin, how much do you think gas money will be if it ends up being just the two of us? Like I said, I can save us some green on housing so that'll help us there. If I know how much gas will be, I'll know how much to bring.

Good job on the venue, Devin. Hope it works out!

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Nope.

That made me laugh, though.

Still in my town.
D:
My mom said I can go as long as I can gather all the money for the trip myself. This'll be extremely tough since I plan on going to both Stongertron and HERB between then and now but hopefully, I'll be able to manage it.

Devin, how much do you think gas money will be if it ends up being just the two of us? Like I said, I can save us some green on housing so that'll help us there. If I know how much gas will be, I'll know how much to bring.

Good job on the venue, Devin. Hope it works out!
Your mom is cool.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Devin you know that if even near fiscally responsible, I'll do that ****.

I could even house Phil the day before. Plus, I'd drive if you all want to. You know my car is the best road trip vehicle ever.

I will not, however, be exceeding the speed limit excessively in a foreign state again.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was counting you in, 'cuz you're cool like that, especially with the spontaneous ****.

Oh, and your car was counted in, too, 'cuz it is incredibly good on gas.

I figure--

Devin
Carmen
Brandon
Phil

Split gas four ways:

Round trip = 2200 miles
Brandon's car = ~30mpg <-- I think it actually gets more than this.
Gas needed = ~75g
People in car = 4

So, 19g/person, with gas at ~2.75 by the time the tournament comes up, that's ~$55 gas moooney/person.

If we don't have to hit up a hotel, that'd be sweet, save us another $25 each, and that could go toward good eats along the way. We'd be going through Louisiana, so CAJUN BOILED PEANUTS, OMFG!

The venue fee is $7, singles is $10 and doubles is $10 ($5 each).

Sooo... I'm saying around $100 each, that's with a lot of variables, though—could turn out to be more or less. Either way, it isn't too bad, I'm broke, and I think I can come up with that.

If a fifth wants to come, we could always take my car, it's bigger, which means less mpg, but with another head, we'd still be paying about the same as with four in Brandon's car.

I need to go bookmark the HOBO page now.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
O.o Never knew....It sounded that complicated to go on a road trip.

EDIT: Sexy Post Count

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
Devin you know that if even near fiscally responsible, I'll do that ****.

I could even house Phil the day before. Plus, I'd drive if you all want to. You know my car is the best road trip vehicle ever.

I will not, however, be exceeding the speed limit excessively in a foreign state again.
That would probably work out best. My ride probably won't want to go much farther than Gamer's Edge.

cajun boiled peanuts sounds like a good reason to make the trip
Cajun boiled peanuts, Brawl, and Pokemon. Very good reasons! :D

As for housing, my aunt's pretty weary of strangers, so it looks like that won't be an option. I've still got a couple of people I can ask, though. Again, I'll see what I can do.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
That would probably work out best. My ride probably won't want to go much farther than Gamer's Edge.

Cajun boiled peanuts, Brawl, and Pokemon. Very good reasons! :D

As for housing, my aunt's pretty weary of strangers, so it looks like that won't be an option. I've still got a couple of people I can ask, though. Again, I'll see what I can do.
Camp outside her house?
1000th post.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
god dammit guys. you wait until i leave SC to do an amazing smash road trip?

/sigh...my days up north are getting longer and longer.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather be up north then in Pos Sc. isn't there a smash scene where you are? im more than sure there is

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
No one finds my above post epic?

The ACTUAL bottle of A-1 Saucem pwning Mk as Sonic (told u Area6)
And the photo was actually made into a tee-shirt

If thats not the DEFINITION
of epic...

I dunno wat is

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Sonic isn't epic he is gay

Overswarm should of used oli and spammed pivot grabs

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Sonic isn't epic he is gay

Overswarm should of used oli and spammed pivot grabs
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Malik, you make me laugh.

Did Jaron tell you I'm coming down there next Tuesday?

@Justin--

OS played like ****, didn't abuse anything that MK has, and more notably, lost due to his inability to plank properly.

When's the last time M2K lost to a Sonic? Or Marth? Fox, Falco, D3?

That's when I'll be impressed by a lower tier winning, not when the victory is over an average MK-main.

Not taking anything from Shugo, though. He did place top five at that tournament, so props to him, his Sonic is looking better than Espy's?

Also, did he play Judge?

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
M2k pfft id take that guy easy. All i need is a gun and a black bag.

No he didn't whose house are we going to dev?

Top Bottom