• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

07/05/09 — SC Bi-weeklies!

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Points of Interest:

#1 -- No spectators, space is limited. Don't bring your homies if they're not competing.
#2 -- There will be a door fee of $1! This is to keep the non-playing homie count down, so everyone will be paying.
#3 -- I will be providing drinks and snacks, which people will be able to purchase. Since I'm not trying to make money, they'll be cheap—like a dollar for chips & a drink, or something.
#4 -- TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF!

2025-H Miller St. -- Apt. H
Lancaster, SC 29720

Schedule:

Registration starts at 2:00 p.m. -- run late and risk not being in the tourney. Call me if you're going to be late, or else I'll assume you're not coming.

Brawl doubles — 3:00 p.m.
Brawl singles — 5:00 p.m.

Fees:

—$1 door fee.

—$5 for singles.

—$10 for doubles ($5 each).

Prizes:

Singles:

First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%

Doubles:

First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%

Rules:

~BRAWL~

Double elimination.
3 stocks, with an 8 minute time limit.
All items are off, no smash balls.
MK is banned.

Stage Selection:

Neutral

Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counter picks

Yoshi's Island
Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium I
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd

Banned

ALL OTHER STAGES

Additional Rules for Single's Play-

- Any games ending in time running out will be decided by stock and then percents.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on unless agreed upon by their opponent.
- If a game ends in a Bowsercide (Kirby, Dedede, Ganon, etc.), the sudden death will be ignored and the match will go to the player who initiated the move.
- If two players meet twice during a double elimination bracket, then the second set will be best of seven continuing on with the previous set. Finals are excluded, best of five remains.
- Double blind character pick may be called before the start of the first match of a set.
- First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed above using the striking procedure.
- Advanced slob picks in effect.
- Dave's stupid rule in effect.
- At the start of each set, each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be banned for the duration of said—after character selection, but prior to a random stage being picked.

Additional Rules for Double's Play-

- Life Stealing is allowed.
- Team Attack is set to ON.

Notes:

If you get lost/need more information -- 803-235-8145.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
first lulz aibnuabns

won't be able to make this one, I'm afraid. Have fun everyone, was good times at the last. Might see some of you at HERB if I/you go.
I thought you were moving?????

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I intend to go atm...

again... intend.

Its more money than usual, and paying for being out there is expensive too. But its likley going to be my only large-scale tourney. Im doing EVERYTHING to get there. #1 priority at the moment

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
I mine as well start posting in Atlantic north threads OR stop posting brawl goes the gutter when i go Ny

How was the last one dev? placing

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I intend to go atm...

again... intend.

Its more money than usual, and paying for being out there is expensive too. But its likley going to be my only large-scale tourney. Im doing EVERYTHING to get there. #1 priority at the moment
#1 Priority: Crawl there if you hve to. Or you could just get a ride with me and Sushi mangz.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Hmm there isnt a way to get like a super smashfest at someones house before i leave is it?

Dev, you think we could set one up?.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
I'm not fond of baconators. I like the Spicy Chicken Fillet when I go to the Wendy.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
....You guys are wierd. How can you not like the Baconator. The name is even awesome.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Hmm there isnt a way to get like a super smashfest at someones house before i leave is it?

Dev, you think we could set one up?.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
i just got more bad news. My brother is coming tomorrow. and he is staying for 2 weeks. i call BULL****.
and my cousin is throwing a grab party july 4th.

JULY 4th IN SC HELL MOTHER ****ING NO!. so ill proally be here another week or less

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Who wants to go to Xyro's tournament on the first of August?

It'd be a road trip, probably a weekend long thing.

It's be expensive, but it's TX first official tournament with MK banned foreverrrrrr.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
Who wants to go to Xyro's tournament on the first of August?

It'd be a road trip, probably a weekend long thing.

It's be expensive, but it's TX first official tournament with MK banned foreverrrrrr.
Holy ****, Texas. I've been wanting to go there for a very long time.

I'm not sure whether I'll have the money or permission from my mom, but I'd love to go. I'll have to see.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
O.o I wonder how Dojo is taking that. On another note, Devil May Cry 4 is awesome. I'd never been interested in the series until I played it and I'm loving it.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Yea... i have the entire collection, and the 1st season of the anime (its alright... if you like dmc, xD)

but um... DMC3 is by FAR the best, then 1, then 4.... 2 is terrible....

had i not played 2 before i played 1, then 3, then 4.... i would have never made it past the first hr of gameplay...

4 is gimmiky and stretched as hell... but Nero is surprisingly good (int teh Raiden in MGS2 sorta way) and Dante is always good

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Yea Dev thats when i'm bouncing. Maybe a bit before i can't miss that grade party.

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Pfft.!
i don't care i don't do anything you pick and pick the location

Top Bottom