• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

05/24/09 - SC Bi-weeklies - BOHICA!

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Hope you guys can work things out, if that's what you want.

If not, then don't kill yourself over it—before she can be happy, you have to be happy—not a selfish thing, just how it is. Those things go hand-in-hand, if you're unhappy with things, then she's naturally going to feel the same way.

No sense in being in a relationship if all it does is bring you down.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Devin, trust that i kno*

In a nutshell, Marlene FEARS life... sczred to graduate, death, being alone, ect....

Im always there for her, everytime*

She gets antsy bout childre, but why start a fam when ur poor/in school?

She hates that im there... like im so good... she doesnt know her own self worth....

Thats tough... i can't answer that for her. If she wants freedom to do whatver whenever, she llst me. I am at a point in my life of trying to get my future situated... from month 3, i knew she was mine... Trufax*

But, im a firm believer in "not control, but consequence*. As in... she can go clubbin all night w/out me, but i have every right to be pissed. I can go to a tourney, but i know she hates it....

Difference in choice/ Not knowing exactly wat she wants in LIFE... get me??? I am her center, her shoulder, security blanket. But if she hates that.... now THATS a problem

Oh, she is an emotional invalid: she only expresses negative emotion... when upset...

Lotta shiz goin on for JMan, yep....

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Dont let it win over you, bro. everything, not just pain, makes us stronger and increases our character.
Im pretty ok, it stems from our petty arguments and insecurity. Im good, don't let me convey anthing other, xD

Its just not COMFY not knowing whether the woman you love is ok after 5 yrs, and you are just you; no gimmiks

It sux, and yea, i move to IL to be with my family (who i haven't seen in a year) i'd*
if it ended, but im still just me. I can't nor do i want to force M into staying. If she's truly unhappy, i'd leave thids minute. I'd do anything for her, right down to leavin

Time to go pick her up now, lmao

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Yeah...

So on Thursday I threw up at Steak and Shake, and (from what I am told, I have no recollection of this) on the lightrail back from Charlotte I bartered with a homeless man. I gave him two cigarettes and the keys to my old, broken Saturn, and he gave me a laptop bag.

When I woke up on Friday, I (eventually) found my wallet and my phone. In my trunk.

ptown

Smash Ace
jman and ladyfriend need sit down and big talk?

clear language - communicate problems clearly and come up with solutions?

full support - give AND back message of "i fully support your endeavors". something most kids want from parents [i believe] is support. not a "pushy-shovey, i'm in yo space, what you 'achieved' couldn't have happened without me" kind of support, but a "if you fall, you can fall on me" support. increases security while respecting space. also, [if this is an issue] growth this way will feel "self-earned/self-made". ptown don't know if this is an issue*.

people are confusing: communicate, don't assume.

warning: even though people have language/words, [correct/intended] communication is still hard.

*i read a book from george carlin saying "issue" is just another word for "problem" that people use to make their problems seem more important.

each generation/era brings zeitgeist - "intellectual, cultural, ethical and political climate, ambience and morals of an era"-wikipedia. in other words, the spirit of the time. reap the benefits the spirit may bring in people, but don't dwell there.

ptown

Smash Ace
Yeah...

So on Thursday I threw up at Steak and Shake, and (from what I am told, I have no recollection of this) on the lightrail back from Charlotte I bartered with a homeless man. I gave him two cigarettes and the keys to my old, broken Saturn, and he gave me a laptop bag.

When I woke up on Friday, I (eventually) found my wallet and my phone. In my trunk.
i usually get the sandwich melt w/ fries and the southern special, sweet tea.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
xD...

Im relationship savy, but i thank you

After our talk, she sometimes wonders how im so sure in what i do... and she sometimes feels overshadowed by that....

Deep stuff...

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Nah, TRC's is the 6th, then PPikmin's is the 13th.

I'm gonna try to go to both of those, I thought you had planned on riding with me if I could go?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
oh yeah. okay ill ride with you if you go. haha. im sorry i forgot about plasmas. i just forgot because i really really really dont like charleston. town makes me ****ing sick.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
i usually get the sandwich melt w/ fries and the southern special, sweet tea.
I usually get the Steak N Shake dinner. Strawberry Milkshake. Cheese fries occasionally.

This specific night I had the "Vomit on the Sidewalk" special.

Additionally, someone did buy me a hamburger and leave it in my trunk. I found it the next day.

I still ate it. It was a bad decision.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I usually get the Steak N Shake dinner. Strawberry Milkshake. Cheese fries occasionally.

This specific night I had the "Vomit on the Sidewalk" special.

Additionally, someone did buy me a hamburger and leave it in my trunk. I found it the next day.

I still ate it. It was a bad decision.
Eww...That's soooo...unorthadox. Almoast Ghetto. :|

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
JMAN D:< I SAW YOU ON WIFI LAST NIGHT BUT YOU WERE DOING BASIC BRAWLZ!!! *rageface*

The Director

Smash Lord
Yeah, really. Wifi? Doesn't that mess up your offline game?

I need to get back into Brawl. Yes, you too can help Joe get back into Brawl by donating to this worthy cause!

Sorry, I don't accept donations smaller than $10.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Yeah, really. Wifi? Doesn't that mess up your offline game?

I need to get back into Brawl. Yes, you too can help Joe get back into Brawl by donating to this worthy cause!

Sorry, I don't accept donations smaller than $10.
O.o Not for me. It's wierd. It helps my offline game by playing online, but playing offline hurts my online game. But All in all, It helps me. I'm not sure about other people though.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Nope..,

Too completly diff things, imo. Generally, EVERYONE gets hit more, lag.

And Kack, u kicked me twice!!Q Monday- Fri, i'll be on

And Dev, did u wifi D3/Snake? i swear i played you...

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Wifi makes me rage out and get aneurysms. Why did such a wonderful concept have to get **** upon.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
In all honesty, Nintendo jsut quite frankly doesnt give a flying **** about quality. They make DECENT games recently.... and millions are sold. Why? That spiffy "Official Nintendo Seal Of Approval" crap :/

Better servers are needed. LESS LAG, and LESS timing out...

I play pink falcon, and Falcon punch/Knee **** EVERYONE, its the only way to Wifi, xD

That, or i switch to Sonic, and grab/pummel release everyone off the edge, and then let them kill themselves from button input lag.

"60% of the time, its works EVERY time ;)"

"That doesn't even make SENCSE!"

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Nope..,

Too completly diff things, imo. Generally, EVERYONE gets hit more, lag.

And Kack, u kicked me twice!!Q Monday- Fri, i'll be on

And Dev, did u wifi D3/Snake? i swear i played you...
I....did? I don't even recall seeing your name show up? Was I playing someone else or did I just have an empty room up?

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I....did? I don't even recall seeing your name show up? Was I playing someone else or did I just have an empty room up?
You had someone in a room, but you were indeed hosting the room.

And when to do the next one??? IDK...

When are Genesis, HERB, and any other large scale tourneys? I want to do a few BIG ones, as this summer might effectivley be what's left of my "pro" smash career, lol xD

So, discuss.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Lol, I'll be content with the Genesis live stream. No way I'm making it there. I'm still 86% sure I'm going to HERB.

Top Bottom