• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

05/24/09 - SC Bi-weeklies - BOHICA!

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
I'll be getting my venue set-up ASAP! So I hope whatever I have planned works out for the best...

On the topic of the Sheik infinite against MK - The onyl problem would be the nado...of course the tornado overpowers the F-Tilt sadly but with experience and care someone can abuse it -- IMO!

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Melee Singles:

1: Yay! ($20.00)
2: TRC
3: Crio
4: JoeC

Brawl Doubles:

1: JMan & Yay! ($30.00) - [Sonic.Snake]
2: Devin & Bo ($20.00) - [D3.Lucario]
3: TRC & Crio
4: Chris & Johnny
5: Snap(803) & SeeJae

Brawl Singles:

1: Yay! ($24.00) - [Snake]
2: Devin ($16.00) - [D3]
3: JMan - [Sonic]
4: Chris - [Peach]
5: Crio - [Random]
5: TGB! - [Lucario]
7: SeeJae - [G&W]
7: Snap(803) - [Fox/Falco]

The Director

Smash Lord
I had fun for the brief time I was there today.

I was halfway home when work called and said my hours changed tomorrow. I could've stayed longer. >_<*

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Brawl Singles:

1: Yay! ($24.00) - [Snake]
2: Devin ($16.00) - [D3]
3: JMan - [Sonic]
4: Chris - [Peach]
5: Crio - [Random]
5: TGB! - [Lucario]
7: SeeJae - [G&W]
7: Snap(803) - [Fox/Falco]
O.o What's up with this? Can't handle Snakes anymore? Looks like I'm a have to come back and clear all ya out :p

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
TBH, Yeauhz pretends not to be as good as he is.

Take all his skill/speed, put him in a watered down version of the same game... a character that need only DI, tilt, and play safe, and he's pretty win.

However, you VERY narowley beat my Sonic... 2 shield-poke Utilts, xD

Next time, i gotcha

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
TBH, Yeauhz pretends not to be as good as he is.

Take all his skill/speed, put him in a watered down version of the same game... a character that need only DI, tilt, and play safe, and he's pretty win.

However, you VERY narowley beat my Sonic... 2 shield-poke Utilts, xD

Next time, i gotcha
I'll figure out that blue hedgehog sooner or later. ;)

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I'll figure out that blue hedgehog sooner or later. ;)
Ah, that's the point: figuring out wtf i'm doing, xD

Sonic is the single most mind gamey SOB in brawl. Cancels, momentum cancels, invulnerable attacks/UpB, and one of the best grab/pummel/tech chase games around. Covering FD in a paltry 57 frames sure ups ones punish game, xD

IF your figuring it out.... i'll mindgame son.

Yet... i know i have to kill you... and i can't depend on 3x the dmg for a kill every match.... need to gimp u, lulz ;)

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I get the privilege of living to 200+ percent per stock while you don't get that luxury. :D It's a battle of wits then, my friend, because my basic *** Snake is nothing BUT mindgames. :p

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
any way, devin. what time do you want me to show up? because i can get there at about 4pm.

edit: i have vent now guys. let the **** upness begin.

double edit: i took my snake to the levy but the levy got DI'd.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Nope

Chase snake to the blastzone, he's really gimpable. Actually, everyone with a traditional recovery is gimpable/outright KOd at the blastzone

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
If high... Uair (easier kill, xD)

If far out, Bair/Nair/Dair spike/Homing Attack

I know i'd get back

My point: Snake is beatable, with a sucky character

Still rather fight Ali/ARS/Yayz's Snake then D3. Thats near unbeatable. Sonic HAS to get in do dmg. EVERYTHING is outranged by grab, which is chained.... which leads to land camping and more chain.....

Snake any day. Juggle and punish... i show its doable. Luckily Yay didn't get grabbed at higher%s. Therfore, my kill moves were stalled as dmgrs/space controlling tools. Fsmash at 160%+ should kill

But Yay played extremley smart, it was good shiz..

Unbeatable? No. His favor? Slightly. Matchup knowledge? Me. Which is why i had a 90+ % lead each stock. But snake hits harder and kills twice as early. I lost to that shieldpokin' Utilt, grrr. Not read rolling, punishing, ect. Poked... :p

TheGreatBo

Smash Apprentice
Snap you can join ventrilo whenever, Hostname/IP:68.232.167.116 Port: 5744. If you don't know how to get to that tell me and I will help.

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
Once I figure out how Sonic moves it won't be such a bad lead at the beginning of each stock. I stopped chasing you and just sat around because I knew eventually you'd have to come over to try and kill me.

Snake McCloud is too goodz.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Okay, let's have a recap—

1 - you had match-up experience advantage
2 - you had 90%+ lead each stock
3 - Sonic can easily gimp Snake
4 - Sonic can easily juggle Snake for damage
5 - Yay wasn't reading into your playstyle at all

Yet, you still lost, and you say Snake doesn't have an unfair advantage over you?

If not broken, what else do you call it?

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
I was reading it, it's just hard for my Snake to really do much about him running around like a maniac besides throw grenades and wait. The only thing I could do with the inexperience I had with the matchup was wait until he had to kill me to actually be able to fight back. So I'd literally walk around within a small part of the stage over and over until he had to come over and fight me, he can tell you that. lol

It's just too hard for Sonic to kill Snake while it's too easy for Snake to kill Sonic, in my opinion. That was the second time in my entire life I've ever played against a Sonic with Snake, and all I had to do to keep even was wait until you had to kill me and do 100% damage and uptilt. I'd say Snake has the advantage.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Oh!Snap, you want to come over tomorrow and play some?

Bo'll be here with me.

I don't think your IC ever beat any of the GE Snakes >_<"
D: True. But They've gotten better. I've been preparing lol. And I think I'll fight Snakes with my Pit/Falco now. It's alot easier.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Advantage

Crying saying he's as bad as Mk, def not.

He is beatable. Yay can attest to both matches coming down to next kill move winning. TruFax

D3 has it as an advantage. D3 has several kill moves and a CG, reliable method to control dmg, for him offstage, and potentially KO from.

Pshield tilts moar and just grab... waddle dee if he's camping. Throw grenades back. punish any aeiral thats not Nair. These things are known.

And unless you get tilted, u'd take that ***** to 200% too. And (although 11x harder to hit with) a lower % kill with your Utilt kill move yourself.

I essentially have none of those pros going. My dmg is from pure punishment and misdirection. Sonic has no (let me clarify) NO way of beating either D3 or Snake outright. Attacks are outranged/prioritized, faster.

But i CAN win these matchups by playing well. In theory, Sonic can kill anyone at 100% with kill setups with a high Uair, just 9/10, ppl are moving away or airdodging. Or fresh D/Fsmash near an edge, but 9/10, ppl avoid that. So to ever win or do as well as i do, i play AROUND said problems.

Sonic on paper CAN'T beat Marth, yet a good chunk of the time, i do. D3? Nope, but we seem to go to R3/R5, which gets decided off CGs.... :/ Nor Snake/Mk. Yet, it happens

Wonder why

Rant End

The Director

Smash Lord
If I learned one thing from this weekend's tournament, it's that Melee is dead. :( Seriously? 4 people? wtf.

TRC was telling Brandon and I that at the tourney they hosted, there was nobody for Melee. I guess I have to start playing Brawl again. That seems to be what all the cool people are doing.

GAH! But the more I play Brawl the more frustrated I get. DK's punch sucks and he's got so much LANDING LAG!! When's the next one? I'm going to try to get back into Brawl as well as Melee...

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
you know what *** smash, since I can never compete Imma just quit......pffffttt like I ever even started......I fuking hate alll of this!

I'll just stay the same old ****er who constantly told no and can't every do what the hell i want in the rollorcoaster we call ****ing life -- IM SO FRUSTRATED!!!!! I MIGHT KILL MYSELF IF THIS GOES ON *** IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAN I WISH A MOTHA****A WOULD!!! [some one help me please!]

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
hahahaha......I feel alittle better... :( -- the closer the end of school the more frustrated I get...

I'm still gonna talk to my Land Lady about using the theater for our smashfest and tourney's (yeahz!!!) YOUR NOW SMOKING WITH THE BEST...BEST...BEST!!!!!!!

I do wish life came alittle esaier for everyone...Me, Devin, JMan, Crio anyone and everyone on this site ****! I want teh best!

--I'll be trying to set-up my new place...I'm slowly starting to like my new place, I'm in walking distance of Gamestop which is aweosmeness and the Manchester Theater so I'm not too sad. I just hope everything else here works out!

Top Bottom