• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

05/24/09 - SC Bi-weeklies - BOHICA!

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Tomorrow, i get home at ROUGHLY 4-5. So at 5:30 or 6, i'll be on for a few hrs.

Get to me then. Or, txt me on my phone to say "hey, im on too!!!" cause if no one is on, i basic brawl pink falcon, xD

The Director

Smash Lord
Yo

JMan and Kack

I'll play on WiFi. It might suck DKs big hairy dong, but it might just help me get back onto Brawl. When do you guys play?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Kk, uhm...so I guess It'll be me, JMan, Joe, and Devin? In that case JMan, you host because you have everyones FC.

And btw, Who else is driving with me to HERB again? I know Sushi is, but I forgot the rest. There is another guy who wants a ride and I'm not sure If I'm full already or not?

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I plan on going...

And who the heck was the one guy Kack??? he IC CG me to DEATH like LAIN!!! it was crazy, wi-fi lag and all...

But i ALWAYS gimped him right after, too funny, xD

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Lol My bestest friend Chibi. Best IC online no doubt, but he is my age and sotra like me, he can't go to tourneys. But if he could, I swear he'd be the next Lain. He taught me how to play IC's for the most part. His IC's CG better than mine, but my upclose combat game is better than his. We are somewhat even in skill (if i'm having a good day). But usually, he just blows me out of the water with his creativness with CGs. I can sorta do what he can, But I'm less flashy with it.

EDIT: JMan, are you gonna ride with me, we have barwlz in the van lol.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I thought E3 was kind of a let down. only game I'm looking forward to I know of is Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Crystal was my favorite Pkmn game ever)

in fact, last time I remember E3 being exciting was when Brawl was announced, but then my hopes were dashed later on.

err I will try to make it to this if I can, either date is fine, but, be warned, I'll probably be depressed / in charleston / depressed because of charleston and might not be able to

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I thought E3 was kind of a let down. only game I'm looking forward to I know of is Pokemon Heart Gold / Soul Silver (Crystal was my favorite Pkmn game ever)

in fact, last time I remember E3 being exciting was when Brawl was announced, but then my hopes were dashed later on.

err I will try to make it to this if I can, either date is fine, but, be warned, I'll probably be depressed / in charleston / depressed because of charleston and might not be able to
You my friend have a low interest in games, but it's cool. I wanted just about everygame there! That's just me! ^_^

Also, in Charleston stuff smash wise does happen there you just gotta keep your eyes and ears open...and jump on the first thing you find out lolz

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
I'm questioning it right now, the only good out of it is the fact of getting in shape. Now we have to turn our houses into freakin Arcades to play games now....WTF! I hope it's better than it looks

EDIT: How will we play 2 player games like that?!?!? People with pets...I feel bad you guys, cuz animals could just jump in the way and take control lolz

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
you obviously know nothing about gaming. or didnt watch natal's entire preview. for the longest time everyone has been talking about the future of virtual reality. natal is the first step. did you ever watch dot hack? total immersion gaming is the future. microsoft is so close to that. how could you not be impressed by the game they previewed with the kid in it? where he could not only observe your drawing. but know what it is you were drawing and identify color. that is GROUND BREAKING. no, its ground shattering. and the fact that your so unimpressed by it makes me laugh.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
you obviously know nothing about gaming. or didnt watch natal's entire preview. for the longest time everyone has been talking about the future of virtual reality. natal is the first step. did you ever watch dot hack? total immersion gaming is the future. microsoft is so close to that. how could you not be impressed by the game they previewed with the kid in it? where he could not only observe your drawing. but know what it is you were drawing and identify color. that is GROUND BREAKING. no, its ground shattering. and the fact that your so unimpressed by it makes me laugh.
I'm actually very impressed, It's completely new...I really want to see it once all the bugs are worked out of it. And Dot Hack was a cartoon that I loved! (The Games could have been better)

--Let's hope it doesn't turn into the Matrix lolz

I mis-worded my last post now that I've read it, my bad - I'm glad I'm funny to you :)

I respect the this new percise version of motion sensor it did what should have been done with the Wii and Eye Toy combined! Made it controller free and all body movement. Motion sensor is nothing new, but this percision of it is! There will always be a need for a controller, because until I see people doing triple backflips in their living rooms and wall running into knee sliding kills on their walls and carpet...it will only and all ways be just fun party games. And there is nothing wrong with that, truthfully I love it!

I'm not hating it just excited to see if they can go deeper, but like you said Natal is the first step and I hope they dive deeper into the rabbit hole to make gaming more immersive as so shown @ E3!!! :D

BTW: You sound like you have never seen motion sensor before lolz - Urnials....sinks, it's been here for a long time now but with this percision is truly amazing. Taking this into the gaming wolrd is very new and something other consoles have dabbled into and not gone full force. I hope this takes our fat azzed country and slims it down a few thousand pounds, because regular working out isn't exactly fun lolz :) (Just stating thoughts not trying to argue, cool?)

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
motion sensors? that's not what natal or the wii does or any controller or gaming application Ive ever heard of does. you should probably Google how your stuff works.. a motion sensor wouldn't be able to tell if you were kicking or punching. it would simply be detecting motion. don't use a little quip like that to make me sound like i don't know what im talking about Mr. SC smash messiah. with the wii, we were promised to be quote unquote "gaming actively" and all to often we ended up on the couch doing a simple waggle command. it wont be simply a party game, because its not a game, its something you can play games on. like a whole new system providing a totally new gaming experience with every title. some people say smash bros is a really good party game. and here we are playing it in tournaments and discovering tech in it. every game, in a sense, has an opportunity for immersion. but a game that scans your room, your body, your actions down to your finger tips is the second best thing to a game that can literally place you in an alternate reality like dot hack. there's no lag, theirs no need for recording yourself doing an animation. it just happens. Why you would even attempt to put it down is beyond me. and trust me Mega, i found you funny a long time before this. Go read twilight or something, since your obviously not reading enough of much else.

less qq more pewpew.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
You my friend have a low interest in games, but it's cool. I wanted just about everygame there! That's just me! ^_^
Low interest?
No, I have... high standards. you see, my actual hobby is not smash, it is writing. I spend pretty much all my free time seeing how any game I come across can be improved.

I mean, haven't you ever thought "gee, I wonder why this company doesn't care about what it's fans like" very often? Cause pretty much every company I can think of sucks nowadays (minus Blizzard, they still do a pretty **** good job at keeping their customers happy)

Again, not low interest. High interest, actually. Just not going to get anything, because pretty much every new game I ever get is quite disappointing. Street Fighter 4, I'm looking at you! Anyway, just saying, I just wish this "industry" would be more enjoyable... Same goes for music and movies, a lot of the time, though. They continue to create crap, and people continue to buy crap. So it goes.

edit :
for reference, my top played games are
Super Smash Bros Melee
Star Fox 64
Mega Man X1-3
Mega Man 2-3
Chrono Trigger

see, I stick with the classics cause they still give me greater fun than the newer games. That's my opinion. I might be alone in this, but I'm not impressed by Brawl, SF4, Halo 1-3, Gears of War 1-2, Oblivion, any Final Fantasy, WoW... Most of the new and widely played games, I find sub-par. Sort of how people call what they listen to "music" nowadays, I just don't understand. Again, my opinion only, no offense intended. Hope I explained myself thoroughly.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Low interest?
No, I have... high standards. you see, my actual hobby is not smash, it is writing. I spend pretty much all my free time seeing how any game I come across can be improved.

I mean, haven't you ever thought "gee, I wonder why this company doesn't care about what it's fans like" very often? Cause pretty much every company I can think of sucks nowadays (minus Blizzard, they still do a pretty **** good job at keeping their customers happy)

Again, not low interest. High interest, actually. Just not going to get anything, because pretty much every new game I ever get is quite disappointing. Street Fighter 4, I'm looking at you! Anyway, just saying, I just wish this "industry" would be more enjoyable... Same goes for music and movies, a lot of the time, though. They continue to create crap, and people continue to buy crap. So it goes.

edit :
for reference, my top played games are
Super Smash Bros Melee
Star Fox 64
Mega Man X1-3
Mega Man 2-3
Chrono Trigger

see, I stick with the classics cause they still give me greater fun than the newer games. That's my opinion. I might be alone in this, but I'm not impressed by Brawl, SF4, Halo 1-3, Gears of War 1-2, Oblivion, any Final Fantasy, WoW... Most of the new and widely played games, I find sub-par. Sort of how people call what they listen to "music" nowadays, I just don't understand. Again, my opinion only, no offense intended. Hope I explained myself thoroughly.
I respect that. :)

I truly enjoy these new games, because IMO they only get better and SF4 was excessively fun It's like the gameplay never changed just the grapichs! Brawl I think is just Melee with out all the technical stuff (which I miss to a degree) If you take away all the L-cancel and such it's just Brawl(if in that sense that would be the only reason Brawl is better) lolz. I still do appreciate the old games, I happen to own all the games you mentioned in the your reference list...actually I own every game ever made for Nintendo, SNES, and SEGA(Genesis)! I'm enjoying the new things they are doing with the games coming out now.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
you are wrong.

And you spelled my name wrong(on the new signature).

But I can look past that for the righteous owning you delivered via the internets.

The Director

Smash Lord
While I will agree with you that of general media nowadays, (music, movies and games) 70% of it is ****. That other 30% goes from good to gold. Now I understand you have high standards, but don't you think your standards are little too high? The original Halo? NONE of the Final Fantasies? Really?

Next you'll say Mario Galaxy was **** too! :p

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
While I will agree with you that of general media nowadays, (music, movies and games) 70% of it is ****. That other 30% goes from good to gold. Now I understand you have high standards, but don't you think your standards are little too high? The original Halo? NONE of the Final Fantasies? Really?

Next you'll say Mario Galaxy was **** too! :p
QFT^

Sonic Adventure 2 was legit (Sonic/Shadow stages) (Sonic PAUCHING!!!! upon my main, forcin him on yall, lol :p)

FFVII, FFX RE4? Halo 1, KH series? GOW? Crisis Core.

There have been good things... but yea... 70% is a let down...

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
QFT^

Sonic Adventure 2 was legit (Sonic/Shadow stages) (Sonic PAUCHING!!!! upon my main, forcin him on yall, lol :p)

FFVII, FFX RE4? Halo 1, KH series? GOW? Crisis Core.
There have been good things... but yea... 70% is a let down...
If ya don't love KH, Then theres a problem. It's like the awesomest thing ever. I'm getting KH 358/2 and I'm thinking about buying a PSP (or borrowing one) just for KH Birth By Sleep. Those gams look too good.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I only dont have a 360

Cause i dont want one. RE:COM is pimp. Days seems meh... BBS looks to own EVERY KH iteration to date

zCasanova

Smash Lord
That new tier list is a load of ****, that's the kind of **** you release only April 1st, only to come back the next day with the real thing.

If you missed my post in the actual thread --

. . . while characters in Tiers B through F may be, to some point, considered near each other in level when in the same tier, the same should not be applied to those in Tiers S and A. Meta Knight was overall voted better than Snake, who was overall voted above Wario, who was overall voted over Falco, and so on.
This list fails to show the gap that divides MK from Snake, and both of them from the rest of the cast. Aren't tiers supposed to be groupings of characters belonging to similar levels of play? That isn't what this shows at all—the common Smasher won't pay any attention to the actual data at the bottom—data, which isn't minutely reflected in the preceding tier list.

1 Meta Knight

6.21 King Dedede
How do the scores 6.21 and 1 constitue being in the same tier?

Forget about the characters, how are those numbers even considered close enough to be placed together?

. . . Wario, Falco, Diddy Kong, and Dedede were deemed strong enough characters to join S Tier.
When those four characters start winning as many tournaments as #1 & #2, let me know—they're in the same tier.

Top Bottom