• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[05/22/09][APP] BrawlPlusTweaker! Version 0.096! B+ Maker!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
ok, i have kind of a strange bug. i don't know which thread to put it in, so i'm going to put it in both. my brother and i were doing falcon dittos on battlefield in training mode. about 5-10 mins in, the game and the wii started making really wierd, screahing sounds. after about 7 seconds it stopped. hasn't happened since.
disc reading issues. put the wii horizontal. try that.

Thanks, that simplifies the process a lot.
The only problem is, I'm still getting a freeze when trying to load the snapshot :(
i'll try it out now. make sure you have the Snapshot codes in the GCT

storm92

Smash Ace
disc reading issues. put the wii horizontal. try that.

i'll try it out now. make sure you have the Snapshot codes in the GCT
I have on:

Code:
C20C7348 00000009
80A40008 3CC000D0
60C6C0DE 80E50000
7C063800 40820028
80E40004 3CC0817D
60C60000 81050000
91060000 38C60004
38A50004 34E7FFFC
41A1FFEC 83A40004
60000000 00000000
The NTSC one ^

Code:
217D0000 00D0C0DE
217D0004 00D0C0DE
04001848 817D0008
64000000 00000000
E0000000 80008000
Those are the ones I need for the NTSC American version, right?
In the .gct loaded via Gecko.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
You know it could be that some codes just can't be load this way.
When Almas and I tried this method (data injection) when testing my new GeckoOS, he was telling me that it would ONLY work with ASM codes or we would just use it as a value table. But what PW does is remap where the cheat system reads the code list. note that all of the B+ 3.3 is working

storm92

Smash Ace
What codes were you using?
In addition to the Plussery set:
All needed for texture hacks
Default setting mod
Char size mod
Shield color mod
Unrestricted pause camera
All needed for CSS
Tags in Replays v3
Custom Camera (in Code Agenda)

Any ideas?
Or else I'm going to have to test them all haha one by one.

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
Can you post the bin so I can test it?

Edit: It could be the Texture hacks because they hook the SD card loading functions and hooking a something while it running causes a crash 99% of the time.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
There is an issue with Brawl+ Tweaker in that, it doesn't always put the SD codes last. You might have to recreate the file until I get that fixed. It does it in the order that it's displayed on the list though, so you can see if it's doing it screwy

spunit262

Smash Journeyman
Try putting it in the original gct. And you can't use more than one snapshot.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Try putting it in the original gct. And you can't use more than one snapshot.
Maybe my program isn't work right. I haven't REALLY tested it. I just followed the directions and i got a bit for bit exact file as the example

storm92

Smash Ace
Maybe my program isn't work right. I haven't REALLY tested it. I just followed the directions and i got a bit for bit exact file as the example
It seems to be working just fine.
I think its the texture hack codes, I'll try them in the Gecko-loaded .gct and see if it works.

ratts

Smash Apprentice
so I heard that you cannot put the texture modifying codes in the snapshot file. So basically you have to put the texture modifying codes, and the snapshot loading codes in the .gct and put ALL your other files in the snapshot bin.

is there any way that we could load our own codes via .txt files into tweaker? this would be easier when new codes come out etc. than always nagging you to put them in ShortFuse.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
so I heard that you cannot put the texture modifying codes in the snapshot file. So basically you have to put the texture modifying codes, and the snapshot loading codes in the .gct and put ALL your other files in the snapshot bin.

is there any way that we could load our own codes via .txt files into tweaker? this would be easier when new codes come out etc. than always nagging you to put them in ShortFuse.
I used Code Manager to make a GCT with all the codes from Beta 4 then used the converter in Shortfuse's Tweaker to convert it.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I used Code Manager to make a GCT with all the codes from Beta 4 then used the converter in Shortfuse's Tweaker to convert it.
kinda pointless since Brawl+ Tweaker does everything Code Manager does. Just hit open, and select the newly created tab. Check the stuff you want, and then hit save. Then select to save as a Snapshot file. You don't have to make a GCT file first.

Xtm said he's going to show how to make B+ files in a youtube video, of which he currently has a bunch. It's looking very sweet. Check out how organized he has it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfDkqI9_etk

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
D: what'd I miss?

Alot, it seems. The Tweaker now brings it from a .gct to completely encrypted .bin? Cool. And you have to put any texture swap files before the snapshot hack codes? I'll mention that in the tut.

Which reminds me, if the tutorial isn't up in an hour, don't expect it for a while.

MK26

Smash Master
Uhh, I think I missed something. Where do you save the snapshots? In Private/Wii/All that jazz with the other snapshots?
Yup.

5. Save the file as "al_<name>.bin" and copy it to the directory "SD card:\private\wii\app\RSB(X)\al", replacing the (X) based on your region (J for NTSC-J, E for NTSC-U, and P for PAL).
(a lil preview from my soon-to-be-released tut)

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
As far as I can tell, it should be working for me. My .gct is texture codes + snapshot codes (in that order), and the textures are loading fine. It doesn't seem to attempt to load anything from the snapshot's gct at all, though.

Do you go to the album and view it? Do you copy it from the sd card onto your wii? I've tried both and it doesn't seem to help...

MK26

Smash Master
As far as I can tell, it should be working for me. My .gct is texture codes + snapshot codes (in that order), and the textures are loading fine. It doesn't seem to attempt to load anything from the snapshot's gct at all, though.

Do you go to the album and view it? Do you copy it from the sd card onto your wii? I've tried both and it doesn't seem to help...
You're supposed to load it in the album. I don't know what the problem might be.

Also, tut up :D

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
You're supposed to load it in the album. I don't know what the problem might be.

Also, tut up :D
Nice tutorial :)

It turns out one of the codes was mistyped in my .txt.... so much wasted time (most was trying to figure out how to get custom CSPs, but that's a whole 'nother issue).

It should work now though.

V-K

Smash Ace
Hey

Always when I download the tweaker my computer says there is a virus in enryption/crypter.exe
What´s that supposed to mean?

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
v008 isn't working for me. Whenever I try to open the tweaker, Windows says that the program encountered a problem and needs to close.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
ShortFuse, it seems v008 does not what to do when you ask it to overwrite a pre-existing file, or at least when it comes to snapshot binaries.

Only a minor problem but something that could be added on the "Bugfixes" list. ^^

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
kinda pointless since Brawl+ Tweaker does everything Code Manager does. Just hit open, and select the newly created tab. Check the stuff you want, and then hit save. Then select to save as a Snapshot file. You don't have to make a GCT file first.
How do i turn off the shield damage and all that stuff and also the char jump/grav codes of 74 lines?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
ShortFuse, it seems v008 does not what to do when you ask it to overwrite a pre-existing file, or at least when it comes to snapshot binaries.

Only a minor problem but something that could be added on the "Bugfixes" list. ^^
Yeah, I noticed. I fixed that for v009. Rather small bug so I didn't release a new version

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Shortfuse, for the next release, can you add a "check/uncheck all boxes in window" button? It's starting to get annoying when I have to manually activate 35-40 codes at once for a .bin.
I'm thinking of adding Keyboard shortcuts for v009
Ctrl+W closes the tab
Ctrl+A de/selects everything in the tab
Ctrl+Tab switches tab
Ctrl+O triggers the Open button
Ctrl+S triggers the Save button

Edit: I gotta remember to stop double posting

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
How do i turn off the shield damage and all that stuff and also the char jump/grav codes of 74 lines?
Don't select it? And as MK26 said, set as default value to disable as well. Hover over the textbox to see what the default value is

Top Bottom