• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[05/22/09][APP] BrawlPlusTweaker! Version 0.096! B+ Maker!

Krelian

Smash Rookie
Don't select it? And as MK26 said, set as default value to disable as well. Hover over the textbox to see what the default value is
Set as default doesn't solve the problem. Even if set to default, the background remains yellow and the shield-codes are still activated.

Strangely the float-values seem to be much to high.

RSBE01
SSBB

Shield Loss (1 lines)
04B88450 41E00000
Z:28

Shield Gain (1 lines)
04B88454 40E00000
Z:7

Shield Damage Ratio (1 lines)
04B8847C 40400000
Z:3

This is automatically added to the beginning of every file i try to create(+Character jump/grav-values).

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Set as default doesn't solve the problem. Even if set to default, the background remains yellow and the shield-codes are still activated.

Strangely the float-values seem to be much to high.

RSBE01
SSBB

Shield Loss (1 lines)
04B88450 41E00000
Z:28

Shield Gain (1 lines)
04B88454 40E00000
Z:7

Shield Damage Ratio (1 lines)
04B8847C 40400000
Z:3

This is automatically added to the beginning of every file i try to create(+Character jump/grav-values).

Um the values are 0.28, 0.07 and 0.3 not 28, 7, 3
Does German use commas instead of periods for decimals like Spanish?

Edit: Yes, that's the program. It's the region. German uses decimal commas while English (what I code in) uses decimal points.
If you have any of the following countries as your regional settings, you'll have issues:

Code:
Albania, Andorra, Argentina, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan
Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria
Cameroon, Canada (French), Costa Rica, Croatia, Chile, Colombia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic
Denmark, Dominican Republic
Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia
Faroes, Finland, France
Germany, Greece, Greenland, Guatemala
Honduras, Hungary
Indonesia, Iceland, Italy
Kazakhstan
Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg
Macau, Macedonia, Moldova
Netherlands, Norway, Nicaragua
Panama, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal
Romania, Russia
Serbia, Slovakia, South Africa, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden
Turkey
Ukraine, Uruguay
Venezuela, Vietnam
I'll fix it for the next release, but for the time being, use your regional settings (decimal commas not decimal points)

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
This one's for the newbs. You only need to watch it if you've been having trouble customising BrawlTweaker at the simplest level. Still I hope SF thinks it's good enough to put in the first post as a newb guide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJXJJsaqY0o
Good stuff. But you're over complicating yourself a bit. When you hit the "Save" button, look at the Save File Type drop down list. You can save as GCT (Gecko) TXT (Ocarina) or BIN (Snapshot File). You don't have to save as a GCT first and then convert to BIN. Regardless. Good stuff. Maybe you can add an annotation somewhere on the video as to not have to redo it or anything.

A few things you're missing from having this be a complete tutorial.

• ocarina TXT files (selecting Open button) will make another tab with the text file name in the tab name.
  • you can also resize the window a bit to get more space for tabs and the checkboxes/textboxes will sort themselves (took me a long time to get working)
  • as I said, you can save as TXT file and BIN directly (not just as GCT) by selected it in the Save File Type when you hit the Save button
  • Friend Finder works... if there are people. it's pretty crappy but nice it's there
  • for the B+ files, codes with multiple values have to be comma separated and it'll create a X/Y/Z textbox for each value. (Shield stun has multiple values but codes with multiple values are slowly fading out)
All in all, it's good and I was thinking of making a FAQ with pictures but I haven't had time to actually do it.

spork_kitty

Smash Rookie
It'd be nice if there was a Linux-compatible version made using a non-proprietary language. I've tried getting it to work in mono and wine, but to no avail. The .NET installer didn't even work in wine...

ShortFuse, would you be willing to share the source code with me (or other coders)? I might be able to port it to tcl/tk, Python, or something else that's cross-platform.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
It'd be nice if there was a Linux-compatible version made using a non-proprietary language. I've tried getting it to work in mono and wine, but to no avail. The .NET installer didn't even work in wine...

ShortFuse, would you be willing to share the source code with me (or other coders)? I might be able to port it to tcl/tk, Python, or something else that's cross-platform.
It works with Mono. According to Mono, the only thing that doesn't work is the Friend Finder in Mono 2.2 and maybe the version checker (which is still just used for Friend Finder) I'll disable them for v009 and test in Ubuntu

Code:
Environment.OSVersion.Platform == PlatformID.Win32NT
Environment.OSVersion.Platform == PlatformID.Win32Windows
I added a checker for running non Mono compatible stuff. When it starts, it tries loading settings from the settings file which Mono doesn't support so those lines only run in Win32. Also Friendfinder error codes are what give problems. Technically speaking if an error doesn't occur you don't get a problem in Mono. It's an error showing an error (in this case a SocketException). It might work actually and not have a problem displaying but I'll have to test.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Ok everytime i use the new tweaker to save as .bin for the snapshot i get this error

Can someone tell me what is wrong? I can save fine in any other format so im guessing it has something to do with the encryption?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Ok everytime i use the new tweaker to save as .bin for the snapshot i get this error

Can someone tell me what is wrong? I can save fine in any other format so im guessing it has something to do with the encryption?

Are you saving as BIN or converted from BIN to GCT? I need the detail regardless (click Details). The only thing I can think of that would result in an overflow is a CRC32 check...
Or when I try to pad 00 to align it with 16 bytes and it's not writing the file and the length of zero. Did you extract the Encryption folder?

spork_kitty

Smash Rookie
How'd you get it to work in mono? I get this output when I try to run the exe with mono:

xelados@mini-spork: ~/tweaker $ mono Brawl+\ Tweaker.exe

** (Brawl+ Tweaker.exe:10508): WARNING **: The following assembly referenced from /home/xelados/tweaker/Brawl+ Tweaker.exe could not be loaded:
Assembly: Microsoft.VisualBasic (assemblyref_index=1)
Version: 8.0.0.0
Public Key: b03f5f7f11d50a3a
The assembly was not found in the Global Assembly Cache, a path listed in the MONO_PATH environment variable, or in the location of the executing assembly (/home/xelados/tweaker/).

** (Brawl+ Tweaker.exe:10508): WARNING **: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.
The entry point method could not be loaded

Something's broken. It'd be great if it were ported to a better language.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Are you saving as BIN or converted from BIN to GCT? I need the detail regardless (click Details). The only thing I can think of that would result in an overflow is a CRC32 check...
Or when I try to pad 00 to align it with 16 bytes and it's not writing the file and the length of zero. Did you extract the Encryption folder?
I copied this from the details and yea the encryption folder was extracted.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at Brawl__Tweaker.Form1.FormatCustomControls()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnResize(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnResize(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnSizeChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds(Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 clientWidth, Int32 clientHeight)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.UpdateBounds()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Brawl+ Tweaker
Assembly Version: 0.0.7.0
Win32 Version: 0.0.8.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Evan/Desktop/BrawlPlusTweakerv008/Brawl+%20Tweaker.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I copied this from the details and yea the encryption folder was extracted.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at Brawl__Tweaker.Form1.FormatCustomControls()
This is all I need. This shouldn't have to do with saving as a BIN but organizing the controls (textbox/checkbox) Do you have a layout of the folders you have?
It seems to be having a problem with something and it's getting a divide by zero (overflow = infinity and any number divided by 0 = infinity)

maxincolumn = Math.Floor((t.Height - 12) / 25)
row = Math.Floor((pos) / (maxincolumn + 1))

the only times I divide but it should never devide by zero unless maxincolumn is -1 meaning t.height = -37 (and it's impossible to have negative height)
I'll see what I can do

I'm rewriting the FormatCustomControls subroutine right now (because i can't seem to get 3 columns working as it should) so maybe the new version will fix this issue for you.

Edit: I think I fixed it for v009. It now does 3 columns correctly and doesn't use the old division

it's now:

maxincolumn = Math.Floor((t.Height - top) / itemheight)
row = Math.Floor((pos) / (maxincolumn))
x = left + (row * rowwidth)
y = top + ((pos Mod maxincolumn) * itemheight)

and pos is initialized as 0, not 1 so you shouldn't have negatives because of substraction

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I always got errors when I tried to overwrite an existing file. So I just don't bother with that anybody.

Great program, it's a life saver.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
So im assuming there is something wrong with my computer? I can convert .gct to .bin fine but when i try to encrypt it nothing happens. Is there another program or another way to encrypt the .bin file?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I'm not entirely sure i understand what you're trying to say. Xane's encrypter is illegal? I have to download the sd-key and sd-iv .bin files off the internet if i want to encrypt my files? But I can use the encrypter in v007? Is that right?
Xane's Crypter has Nintendo SDKEY and SDIV values hardcoded into it. This makes it illegal in the US under DMCA. I removed it from v007. If you want to use Xane's Crypter, use it like you did in v007 (save into the IN folder and run encrypt.bat and it'll make the file in the OUT folder)

If you want BrawlPlusTweaker to do it, then copy the sdkey and sdiv into txt or bin files. I'm not going to hardcode the keys

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Xane's Crypter has Nintendo SDKEY and SDIV values hardcoded into it. This makes it illegal in the US under DMCA. I removed it from v007. If you want to use Xane's Crypter, use it like you did in v007 (save into the IN folder and run encrypt.bat and it'll make the file in the OUT folder)

If you want BrawlPlusTweaker to do it, then copy the sdkey and sdiv into txt or bin files. I'm not going to hardcode the keys
But is it illegal in Canada?

:D

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
So once I get select all the codes I want to use with this thing and make a gvt/bin file what do I need to do to use it with the homebrew channel. I'm pretty new to brawl + so I have pretty much no idea what I'm doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
So once I get select all the codes I want to use with this thing and make a gvt/bin file what do I need to do to use it with the homebrew channel. I'm pretty new to brawl + so I have pretty much no idea what I'm doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
if it's less than 256 lines, make a GCT file, and save it as RSBE01.GCT in sd:\codes\
then run geckoOS107.b from homebrew channel

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
okay. I think my problem is I don't have GeckoOS set up properly. When I go to the homebrew channel nothing is popping up for me to run.

shanus

Smash Hero
Shortfuse, i have mono installed, i go into terminal and run:

mono BrawlPlusTweaker.exe

and it gets frozen. Any suggestions?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
okay. I think my problem is I don't have GeckoOS set up properly. When I go to the homebrew channel nothing is popping up for me to run.
did you foolishly update your Wii?

Shortfuse, i have mono installed, i go into terminal and run:

mono BrawlPlusTweaker.exe

and it gets frozen. Any suggestions?

Linux or Mac? spork_kitty didn't have an issue with it in linux. You don't get an error message or anything? try a clean folder with no b+ files.

p.i.

Smash Journeyman
On a mac. Ran empty, nothing happened. Mono just freezes again.
It runs on Mac just fine for me. It has some redraw problems with the tab view and splitter, but besides that seems to work.

Make sure you have X11 installed, since it's apparently required for font rendering.

shanus

Smash Hero
P.I., you just downloaded it, installed mono network, and run "mono Brawlplustweakerv009.exe" and it opens fine for you?

maybe cuz im on an old and busted ppc then and not intel?

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
I updated my wii way back, like over the summer, but I haven't since then. From what I understand you're supposed to copy the GeckoOS files into a folder titled apps on your sd card and then put the codes you want to use in a separate folder titled codes on your sd card. The codes are what you get when you save after checking all the boxes you want.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

p.i.

Smash Journeyman
P.I., you just downloaded it, installed mono network, and run "mono Brawlplustweakerv009.exe" and it opens fine for you?

maybe cuz im on an old and busted ppc then and not intel?
Oh, that would explain it. Mono will let it run on x86 Macs, but to run on PPC it would have to be recompiled.

Revven

FrankerZ
I updated my wii way back, like over the summer, but I haven't since then. From what I understand you're supposed to copy the GeckoOS files into a folder titled apps on your sd card and then put the codes you want to use in a separate folder titled codes on your sd card. The codes are what you get when you save after checking all the boxes you want.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
The three files are supposed to be in a folder INSIDE apps called "Gecko OS". :p

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Yeah, the PPC build of Mono needs work. I'm not sure what to do in order to recompile and I don't exactly have a PPC machine other than the Wii. The point of mono is that I shouldn't have to be recompiling binaries for different OSs. They all use the same file.

Oh and
http://www.mono-project.com/Mono:Wii

want!

p.i.

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the PPC build of Mono needs work. I'm not sure what to do in order to recompile and I don't exactly have a PPC machine other than the Wii. The point of mono is that I shouldn't have to be recompiling binaries for different OSs. They all use the same file.
I thought Mono worked like WINE. I guess I was wrong. No idea what the problem is in that case.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Umm ok i can encrypt the bin files. I found the keys and the program says encrypted but it comes up as corrupted data. I also cant encrypt using the 007 version as there is no encrypt.bat file in it. There is a .exe called crypter that does nothing when i click it.

Top Bottom