• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[05/22/09][APP] BrawlPlusTweaker! Version 0.096! B+ Maker!

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Shortfuse, you've got me modding my Wii. I'm trying Brawl+.
It's really easy to do. All you need is Twilight Princess. It's definitely worth it.

I'm thinking of making my Friend Finder standalone and not tying it to Brawl+ Tweaker. I did want to try to allow you share GCT files so you know you're using the same one but mostly everybody uses the latest Brawlplussery

Any suggestions on what you guys want with the Friend Finder? The server/client functionality is up and running (fill in the info and hit Update to start), but I feel constrained by this Brawl+ Tweaker user interface.

I hoped the community would have gotten more involved with this. The whole custom code support took a while to get working and I tried really hard to make it as easy as possible. I'm just a bit sad that nobody is really contributing.

Here's the Super Marth code made by PhantomWings in B+ format
Code:
Super Marth (P1)
Made by PW

4A000000 90180F20
100000B3 00000010
3A000098 00000300
3A000098 00000400
3A000098 00000D00
3A000098 00002700
3A000098 00002800
3A000098 00002900
3A000098 00002B00
3A000098 00002C00
3A000098 00002D00
3A000098 00002E00
3A000098 00002F00
3A000098 00003000
3A000098 00003100
1000009D 0000000C
140000C8 3F000000
140000C4 42800000
E0000000 80008000
4A000000 90180FB8
1000000A 00000013
E0000000 80008000

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
I hoped the community would have gotten more involved with this. The whole custom code support took a while to get working and I tried really hard to make it as easy as possible. I'm just a bit sad that nobody is really contributing.
You're just a bit late, that's all. Nowadays the SBR+ does most of the tweaking, so there are very few layman messing around with values. Most people are probably just waiting for the next Bplussery release to even continue testing. When that comes out, I'm sure your program will get some more play when people start experimenting with edits to the Bplussery codeset.

snipeshow

Smash Rookie
Nice! Thanks man this is AWESOME! I was wondering if you could add the melee and or hybrid air dodge to it to because i like to wavedash XD

snipeshow

Smash Rookie
Well im not that much of a hacker, so i guess i don' t really know how to do that. Would i have to import it? Then would it appear in the custom tab? And how would i make it a b+ file?

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Well im not that much of a hacker, so i guess i don' t really know how to do that. Would i have to import it? Then would it appear in the custom tab? And how would i make it a b+ file?
Make a text file in notepad and save it as .B+ instead of .TXT
There are some B+ files included in v0.05 that you can open up in notepad

This is the Brawl+ Tweaker format for Custom Code Support
The header is 3 lines, the rest are the codes)
Code:
1: TITLE - What appears on the application)
2: DESCRIPTION - What text comes out when you hover over the checkbox/textbox)
3: DEFAULT VALUES - What the default value is (ie: 1.0 for modifiers). If you leave this blank (not 0, blank) then it's treated like a flag (like No-Trip).
4: CODE - Start writing your code. If you it has variables, use the letters of the alphabet (descending) to substitute (ZZZZZZZZ YYYYYYY)
X: CODE - more code
X: CODE - more code
Example
Code:
Shield Stun Modifier
(Original Frames * X + Y) / Z
C28753FC 00000005
83810034 8083013C
2C040000 41810014
1F9CXXXX 3B9CZZZZ
3880YYYY 7F9C23D6
60000000 00000000
The X, Y and Z values will be substituted. The default values (as noted in line 3) are X: 1, Y: 0, Z:1.
Any values different than the default values will cause the code to be triggered (enabled).

Save that as a .b+ file (change the extension from TXT to B+) and keep it in the same folder as Brawl+ Tweaker

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
Thankfully I got TP for Christmas :).

Can I ask how PAL friendly this is? I've tried stuff like the PT codes, longer replays and no tripping but they don't seem to work. Curse you regions!

Almas

Smash Lord
On Monday we will be releasing version 3.3B of the Brawlplusery codeset, which will include a codeset for PAL users. It will likely be our last release before a "non-beta" release (for some reason, people like calling this a gold release).

D

Deleted member

Well, there's the slim chance that Gecko OS never comes out, and we're almost out of lines, we'd have to start taking stuff off to add more, SO I can understand why some people think it's the "last" update.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Great program. I can't seem to get the Fiend Finder to work though, little help?
Well, you type in your info and click update. When you hit update, it'll add you to the list of people requesting. If you only see yourself on the list, it's because no one else is looking. The program works, it's just not very popular. Tell your friends! :-p

But I'm seeing my server went down. Probably a power outage. It's back up again.

HyperTheHedgehog

Smash Journeyman
Are the defaults Brawl's defaults or Brawl+'s defaults?

Also how do I know the other's defaults?

Also part of the code for the hitstun mode comes out as all Zs, I dont think thats right....

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Are the defaults Brawl's defaults or Brawl+'s defaults?

Also how do I know the other's defaults?

Also part of the code for the hitstun mode comes out as all Zs, I dont think thats right....
Defaults are regular Brawl defaults (there are no Brawl+ Defaults)

I don't know what you mean by hitstun code with Zs describe?

Btw guys, I'm working on making folder support and more than just one custom tab. I'll include a Brawlplusery 3.3 folder will all the tweaks in B+ format so you can see how it works.

HyperTheHedgehog

Smash Journeyman
I mean that when I try to use the code manager to store it as a GCT file with the rest of my codes in my SD card the manager freaks the **** out because the last part of the code is all Zs, like so:

Code:
Hitstun Mod (2 lines)
02B88F48 00030001
04B87AA8 ZZZZZZZZ
I'm new to this but I dont think thats right

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Code:
Hitstun Mod 
(2 lines)
02B88F48 00030001
04B87AA8 ZZZZZZZZ
I think the format is on page or 4
It's not the same format as ocarina

But 20 doesn't sound right for Hitstun default value
shouldn't it be 1.0?
Also I already made hitstun hardcoded into the application. just put the % you want (rather than the float) unless my hitstun code is old

HyperTheHedgehog

Smash Journeyman
20 is not the default, its the % I wanted. But when I entered it, or any other number, the code comes out with the Zs

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
20 is not the default, its the % I wanted. But when I entered it, or any other number, the code comes out with the Zs
Your right, the hard coded one is wrong

Use a custom one like this

Code:
Hitstun Mod 
(2 lines)
02B88F48 00030001
04B87AA8 ZZZZZZZZ
and use the chart to put the value. I'll fix that right now

It's a stupid mistake in my code that I fixed. I think I'll make it that if you only have one value, it'll use XXXXXXXX instead (since it's the popular value) but if you use ZZZZZZZZ it'll take that too (legacy support)

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
0.6 isn't on the chart >_>
i calculated. it just mean 0.4 + x%
x being the value you want
x = 20
20% = 0.20
0.40 + 0.20 = 0.60

that's how it's calculated. don't worry about it. just plug in 0.6
trust me on this
i already fixed it, BrawlPlus Tweaker v006 soon

HyperTheHedgehog

Smash Journeyman
What I meant was, 0.6 isn't on the chart so I dunno where I'd get the Hex value unless youre telling me to wait for v006

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
What I meant was, 0.6 isn't on the chart so I dunno where I'd get the Hex value unless youre telling me to wait for v006
when you make the the B+ with this:

Hitstun Mod
(2 lines)
02B88F48 00030001
04B87AA8 ZZZZZZZZ

use 0.6 as the value. check the Custom Tab after you make the b+ file

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Oh, I got it now, thanks.

Also, does the buffer code in this include the change made for tumbling?
No, I'm going to open up all those codes so you see which they are (put them all in B+ format)

You can make the tumble one as a B+ file

I'm going to release v006 now even if it's still a bit buggy on appearance. That'll be the next fix for v007
It includes ALL of Brawlplusery 3.3 in B+ format for your convenience

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
v006 up as of now.

I added folder support
i fixed the hitstun
i moved a bunch of codes to two tabs to focus more on B+ file usage
i disabled the character table until Almas and I decide on something more standard.
You no longer have to change from XXXX to ZZZZ if it's just one variable. The program will convert all X's in to Z's. This makes taking code from other places a lot easier

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
tried to download v006, but it said either the file was corrupted or there were no files inside the folder
what does it say exactly

oh, that's not a program issue
that the zip file
it didn't download right or you have a virus messing up your zip files.
i just tried both links and they work for me. use the attachment or the ftp

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
o_0 i just noticed the 'mirror file'
It works, but the attachment doesnt
Any reason why the two folders are different sizes?

EDIT: feedback
Save the example.b+ file as a .txt plz? I changed it, but others might not know to
Add a 'return to default' button
Allow the program to recognize added codes that have the values already filled in so they can be edited...i suppose one can get around that by saving the .b+ file as a .txt, making the changes, and converting back

EDITEDIT: I can change a file from .b+ to .txt but i cant change them back...why? I was able to before

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
o_0 i just noticed the 'mirror file'
It works, but the attachment doesnt
Any reason why the two folders are different sizes?

EDIT: feedback
Save the example.b+ file as a .txt plz? I changed it, but others might not know to
Add a 'return to default' button
Allow the program to recognize added codes that have the values already filled in so they can be edited...i suppose one can get around that by saving the .b+ file as a .txt, making the changes, and converting back

EDITEDIT: I can change a file from .b+ to .txt but i cant change them back...why? I was able to before
b+ should never be touched. not modified. they're supposed to be CLEAN files
I added reading ocarina txt files now. I changed so much now I can't change some old stuff

What I need to make is a b+ collection file of some sort, to know what b+ should be turn off and what should be turned on (and with what values)

you shouldn't be modifying b+ files.
you should keep them as they are and using the program to change the values. i'll explain better later

right now i'm adding custom tab for every text file you open and an X button to close it

realize that if you have values already plugged in (how ocarina txt files work) then how is the program supposed to know what has been changed? how am I supposed to know what's a variable and what's not a variable. I could add another line to the bottom but then everybody would have different B+ files (with their preferred values). Basically I want B+ to be like plugins where everyone can share B+ files with each other. Later on I'll host a bunch of B+ files and you can grab it from the internet using my program. If they all had values preplugged in (like ocarina txt files) you'd have to make a b+ for EVERY value imaginable (think about the 3 value'd shieldstun) and everything would be checkboxes. that's how i treated the brawlplusery 3.3 txt file, as checkboxes (like ocarina does) but being to plug in values is what makes b+ files better than ocarina files.

what you should share would b+ value files (maybe .bv+) and it'll say be of a list of values for other b+ files. basically a value list/set.

confusing... but did you get that?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
b+ should never be touched. not modified. they're supposed to be CLEAN files
I added reading ocarina txt files now. I changed so much now I can't change some old stuff

What I need to make is a b+ collection file of some sort, to know what b+ should be turn off and what should be turned on (and with what values)

you shouldn't be modifying b+ files.
you should keep them as they are and using the program to change the values. i'll explain better later
right now i'm adding custom tab for every text file you open and an X button to close it
But you havent explained how I'm supposed to add a code to the program if I can't convert a .txt file to a .b+ file

Top Bottom