• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I know this might be a noob question (well I am a marth noob in training) but is meta knights reach longer then marths? It seems like it when I play a meta knight. Link also
In terms of RANGE from pre-ANYTHING hitbox to the total range of the hurtbox when the move comes out, Marth and Meta Knight are reasonably close, with Marth's fsmash, counter and shieldbreaker being above all else.

I guess in terms of 'reach' (max hurtbox range - hitbox range), Meta Knight dominates Marth.

From what I can gather...

MK's Fsmash > MK's Ftilt > > Marth's Shield Breaker > MK's Dsmash > Marth's Dsmash > MK's Dtilt > Marth's everything else.

flizzz

Smash Cadet
Here come another noob question. Does marths fsmash out-prioritize metaknights dsmash? Cause iv noticed (well when iv played) that most of the time they cancle each other out but there is like a wierd spacing that makes marth dominate his dsmash. I mean if there is can you like measure it some how?

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
I'm struggling to get Marth moving fast from the grab release, but if you get Marth moving at max speed it seems plausible... tis all I can really say about it...

Gt to remember you only have 10 frames or so before you have to start an fsmash...
try stutter stepping the fsmash.
blah i wish i had a wii :[

also, fiction said you can buffer the twirl out of the grab release.

cutter

Smash Champion
Here come another noob question. Does marths fsmash out-prioritize metaknights dsmash? Cause iv noticed (well when iv played) that most of the time they cancle each other out but there is like a wierd spacing that makes marth dominate his dsmash. I mean if there is can you like measure it some how?
MK's Dsmash has transcendental priority IIRC. It cannot clank with other hitboxes.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I still get nervous during big match ups :(

But one day...one day.

Speaking of which, KevinM and I are going to team up over the summer at a tourney, setting the record for most modding power ever on a team: SMod and a Senator. I think the old record was me and Tom with Smod and mod.

EDIT: I use Marth and Peach in Brawl...and some IC. But I main Marth :)

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I still get nervous during big match ups :(

But one day...one day.

Speaking of which, KevinM and I are going to team up over the summer at a tourney, setting the record for most modding power ever on a team: SMod and a Senator. I think the old record was me and Tom with Smod and mod.

EDIT: I use Marth and Peach in Brawl...and some IC. But I main Marth :)
You said this one day mumbo jumbo since like Dec! Better see vids man :mad: I wanna see that Peach too, but Marth first.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I would go to Chicago, but I'm trying to save money for graduate school which is very expensive :(

And I've been trying for years to get vids, but everyone that takes them gets rid of them: a guy named Iori here played me for 45 minutes and videod about 12 matches, then just spliced out his combos and made a combo video :mad088:

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
solid, i didn't know you were from chicago

i'm actually going to be visiting Chicago semi frequently, starting late june, maybe july. my moms going to school at UIC.

i'm going to be staying in Lincoln Park, where are you?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I actually believed that Ken made another training topic and went to go check.

Wow I feel so dumb :/

just finished my interview, i think i got the job >_>

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I can't find a good picture now (my hair is too long) but here's an awesome one of me and a polar bear :)

On a side note, I really need to hack my wii soon.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
no im not going to genesis

im going to otakon where im going to listen to techno and rave out and then have alotof drunken funzies

Top Bottom