• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
honestly though, itd be pretty gay if our post counts went down. like theyre pretty neat as milestones. it wouldnt ruin my day or anything, but i just think itd be dumb

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It was a joke guys

sheesh.

Oh and the reason for doing it is because social threads are meant to be pseudo-spam, things that shouldn't be reflected in your post count (hint like social rooms for regional boards have post count off). They exist in boards with post counts on, but technically shouldn't be giving post counts to people.

∫unk

Smash Master
I agree that social topics shouldn't give you post count, and I'm losing the most.

It's kinda dumb that it didn't start off like that, not that we're switching to it.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
hahahhaaha, that sucks so bad. he will forever live in mike's shadow.

Player-3

Smash Hero
So I found out I like infractions.

I wish I didn't though.

Oh but sometimes Shaya is really really nice if he catches evil within a few microseconds of it's posting.

∫unk

Smash Master
imo you're focusing on the wrong thing. The community will get better off a cycle of positivity, not hate.

And you rarely help ppl at least on the boards. When was the last positive contribution you made to Marth boards?

If brawl survives for a few more years i think youll see the community get more mature. It also depends on the legality of mk. He destroys balance in an uncomparable way to other fighters so its hard to say.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
MK only destroys the game so much because the community is so immature and people always want the easiest way out.

∫unk

Smash Master
While that is true, again that focuses on the negative. Complaining about complaining.

Telling ppl to stfu has never historically worked so I'm not sure why NEO is trying now.

Reizilla

Well, yeah, even though it's the truth. But I'm just stating why. That it's more of a lack of effort on the community than a complete brokenness of the game.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Apparently, if you hit a character while they charge a smash, the knockback is ALOT greater. Supposedly it's common knowledge and true... (I tried it lol)

Did anybody else know this?

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
People ***** too much about MK ok we get it he's the best character, learn the execution to punish things and actually learn how to play the mu correctly. Do you think in normal SF4 Sagat wasn't the best character with the best mu ratio by far? His **** was one of the hardest to get around, inside, and to avoid. He seemingly had answers to stuff the majority of ways to get inside and be able to deal out legitimate damage. MK has SOME of the same properties but no where near as much as Sagat did.

For people that weren't around for it in Melee at the beginning so many people were complaining about sheik being broken, using the fact that she beats out the majority of the cast is bull**** welcome to the world of fighting games there's always a character that plays the said role.

Neo's 100% right and even went as far as to hit the nail on the head with the video, I totally agree with everything the he said because it's true, look at the amount of people complaining about characters and look at how many of them SERIOUSLY put in time and truly dedicate themselves to what they are doing........kinda hard pressed to add two and two on that one right? Before anyone wants to type in the fact that we have other things in our lives to focus on than to be able to dedicate the time to do so I have a question I want to ask. If you don't have the time to truly go into the lab in put in serious work on the game why you the one's complaining? and more so why should you have any say in the first place when you aren't sacrificing your time to become better? If you are putting forth a valiant effort to do so and your still not producing progressive results then your doing something wrong and or need to figure out what exactly you are doing wrong and why what your going for isn't working out for you, you also need to consider your options in each position and how to avoid being put on those positions. You can even ask others for help 9/10 there is someone who is better with the character than you are and while some may not be they can still have a better outlook and understanding of what exactly it is that you should be doing.

/truthful rant

Before fixing your keyboard, phone, mouth, or even beginning to think about it complaining honestly ask yourself have you really put in the time become one of the best players and have gotten adequate experience and mu knowledge to help you actually be good at the game

Reizilla

I'd never even heard of that before, Minty. What about B moves like shield breaker?

Reizilla

pthree getting handled by shaya.

teran is not nice at all though. sadface

Reizilla

"That was Player-1" -P3

See what you did, Shaya? You scared him back in :[

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
imo you're focusing on the wrong thing. The community will get better off a cycle of positivity, not hate.

And you rarely help ppl at least on the boards. When was the last positive contribution you made to Marth boards?

If brawl survives for a few more years i think youll see the community get more mature. It also depends on the legality of mk. He destroys balance in an uncomparable way to other fighters so its hard to say.
First of all, the community will get better if they want to get better, positivity or negativity is not going to make people unlazy. There's plenty of positive, sugarcoated bull**** to go around in the Brawl community so spare me with that sissy ****. If somebody DOESN'T WANT to put in the time to improve then they AREN'T going to - PERIOD. I figured at this point everyone is being nice, I personally get fueled to all hell to improve when people insult/**** on me (see after CoT and MLG)

I don't need to add unnecessary BS to my post if I know it's going to detour people from the main point. The only BS I add is for my personal enjoyment ROFL! Many smashers are not willing to accept the fact that they suck, and many do (myself included in some cases)

And last time I checked, what the **** is going on in Marth general discussion? How often is Marth general discussion actually discussing Marth? I know for a fact I'm putting in 2x as much work (if not more) than probably every player on our forum. I don't give out freebies homeboy, I personally don't give a **** how much better most people get, and it's not just because I'm selfish. It's because, apparently A LOT of our players THEMSELVES don't even give a **** how much better they get. Why would I help that when I'm working hard? Kiss my *** man.

I help people on AIM who asks me for tips constantly. and I do get a ****load of those IM's so sit and twirl Junk.

IF the Brawl community as a whole was putting in even like.. 10% of the work other communities do, we'd have some monstrous ****. FRAME DATA is a MUST for top play in every other fighting game community. Yet in Brawl the knowledge of it between players, even top players.. is spread very thin. The overall punishes/execution/precision consistency once you go outside of the outliers and tops is very laughable.

It's like you didn't even watch the ****ing video, you just focused on me being blunt.

Newb

Top Bottom