• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'll upload some vids of my marth 2.0 sometime.

Glide SHIELD BREAKER FLYING 2.0 off stage -> Foot stool Gimp -> Win.

Meta Knights be mad, pikachus they be mad, footstools are ****.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I got 9th of 21 yesterday :/

I beat a D3 in bracket which is like my proudest moment ever, seeing as that is my hardest matchup. Fully charged shield breaker mindgames on game 1.

I failed and lost to Boss's Mario on livestream, though. I'll have vids of that up for critique soon.

AND I LOST TO Kenrawr's snake AGAIN!!! I just have no clue how to approach him. I just have to hope I can get a gimp, thats the only way I can beat Snake right now.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Nah it didn't, it was my first match in brackets. Game 3 started 108% to like 10% in my favor and I still lost. When snake takes control I just get *****. And I can't approach him at ALL.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
my bad man, i missed ya. i'll be on for a while though, so i'll hit you up if i see you on.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Bah, well my input really wouldn't be of any help. Hopefully Pierce ,Shaya, or Junk can add some input.

Player-3

Smash Hero
oh wtf i thought i wrote another line

i should have written

"which is pretty hard because he can do other things, but just do the ZMT"

Roxas M

Smash Master
approaching snake
just sit out of his ftilt range and bait it then hit him in the hand
LMAO
this was exactly what i did to a snake at my last tourney.
I CP'd him to delfino because i though the moving levels wouldn't keep me pinned down in nade camping for a long time. Of if i got tired of waiting i would Z catch a uncooked nade and glide toss it at him to get close enough to bait a ftilt or grab and keep hitting everything he does.
i think he got mad though because then he went mk & green greens. lol
P-3 telling me the snake & diddy MU right before i went = win

Good **** bengalz. :)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I have no idea why Snakes haven't shield stripped the grenades off of you grenade glide tossers. They must not know they can do that.

Roxas M

Smash Master
i wait until after the nade strip to grab it. alot of snake have a habit of throwing a uncooked nade then stripping it, so you can throw it back if you get a hold of it fast enough. I throw it more than glide tossing though. because if you grab a stripped nade & approaching glide toss your just asking to get the 2nd nade explode in your face.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ok Shaya, just finished episode 13 of Angel Beats. I really was not expecting what happened in that episode at all. Total mind ****, and sad at the same time. T-T

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Are people asking me for input on something?

If it's about approaching Snake...
Snake is screwed in his shield, and Marth can bait/**** most things he can do whilst not being in shield. Grenades are one of his only defences and we can handle Snake using them well anyway (aim for his head).

Approaching Snake is reading his patterns of movements, and once you believe when his next shield will be, that's when you go to town.
Usually empty shs into grabs get him ("over relying on grenades"). If he's out of shield you space yourself at his max ftilt range and you make the decision to fair when you're just about to reach his head height (as in you commit to moving in or not).

The main thing that makes the match up easier against Snake is, once you force him into shield, he's like "where's my options at?"

Doing the ZMT against Snake is something i've been doing since mid 09. I'd do a picture (but I'm lazy), but there are distinctively noticeable "zones" around snake which his moves do not cover, and Marth's move set is very able to fill in those gaps.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well, I for one would really appreciate the picture, if you feel like doing one at some point of not-laziness.

Snake still annoys me, but I'm gradually finding it easier to get inside and deliver the goods.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
snake is a fun matchup for me lol i feel like it's really a challenge and test of everything that makes a marth main i.e. spacing, zoning, precision, and juggles/reads with great rewards and equal punishments for good and bad choices...unlike mk where i just feel like i can't do anything lol

Mr-R

Smash Champion
snake is sooooooooooooooooooo fun to play

especially at SV

words cant describe

how much pleasure i get from

juggling a snake and platformcanceling while doing it

can't wait for ally to come here

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I have thought for the last few months the best way to improve with marth or learn the character was
1. Play marth dittos against a better marth
2. Playing snakes

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Are people asking me for input on something?

If it's about approaching Snake...
Snake is screwed in his shield, and Marth can bait/**** most things he can do whilst not being in shield. Grenades are one of his only defences and we can handle Snake using them well anyway (aim for his head).

Approaching Snake is reading his patterns of movements, and once you believe when his next shield will be, that's when you go to town.
Usually empty shs into grabs get him ("over relying on grenades"). If he's out of shield you space yourself at his max ftilt range and you make the decision to fair when you're just about to reach his head height (as in you commit to moving in or not).

The main thing that makes the match up easier against Snake is, once you force him into shield, he's like "where's my options at?"

Doing the ZMT against Snake is something i've been doing since mid 09. I'd do a picture (but I'm lazy), but there are distinctively noticeable "zones" around snake which his moves do not cover, and Marth's move set is very able to fill in those gaps.
**** that post was mad helpful, everything just clicked when i read it lol.

*practices*

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Apex.

MLG has laggy TVs, no seeding, and no pools.

Apex has international players, pools, and is ran by people who understand teh community >:l.

Only thing MLG has is all the free **** they give out

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I'm guessing Minty is going to Apex then.

A good bit of AL is interested in both, but knowing me I'd probably only be able to afford one.

Seeing some out of country players would be really cool, and having pools would give me a ton of experience.

The trip to MLG probably would be shorter and cost less. But going to bracket would probably only guarantee me two matches. However I'd at least have a ride to this with a friend.

Bah choices

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Don't worry Mike, minty just doesn't want to get completely destroyed by you in Marth dittos.

He also doesn't want to get baited into using MK, "the un-winnable marth match up" and then get grab released to spike off stage 3 times a match over and over.

Top Bottom